The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #326
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Um...just a thought here on those interviews, but is Mark Ruffalo not aware that She-Hulk is Bruce Banner's cousin? There'd be no incest going on between those two!

- It's not easy being an individual and different from what is perceived as normal standards.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #327
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post

A redemption theme may play into Loki's arc, too. "What Chris Hemsworth and I would love", expands Hiddleston, "is to be allowed is to have a moment - maybe not in Thor 2 but at some stage - when Loki is forgiven."
I'd love that too. I demand a Brotherly Hug scene. Or a scene similar to the one in Siege, preferably at the end of Avengers 2.

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #328
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

It'd be nice to see Loki and Odin have a moment where Loki confesses his guilt and remorse for the things he's done and Odin giving him a fatherly embrace too.

- It's not easy being an individual and different from what is perceived as normal standards.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #329
Gamma Burst
Banned User

I can't praise Hiddleston enough! He was awesome in the Avengers: scary, cold, evil.
Loki is the best MCU villain by a mile!

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #330
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Just one more week...I can make it without going into meltdown stage.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #331
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

I saw it yesterday and Hiddleston RULED! Well, because he thinks we were made to be! Since this is very very case-sensitive information, I'm only going to say that I loooooved his performance, even when he was getting his butt whupped, and I just fangirled every time he smiled. Or spoke. Or did anything, for that matter.
Loki may be a bad guy, but you can't deny--he's got style.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #332
ladyloki
Side-Kick

I cant wait ... the suspense is killing me !!

I agree with the person who said eventhough Loki gets his ass wipped ... fans of the character will smile for sure of that I have no doubt, cant wait to see the heros take him on

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #333
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyloki View Post
I cant wait ... the suspense is killing me !!

I agree with the person who said eventhough Loki gets his ass wipped ... fans of the character will smile for sure of that I have no doubt, cant wait to see the heros take him on
Absolutely. I count myself as a Loki fan and I almost had tears in my eyes laughing. Itīs hilarious.

SimiOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #334
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Absolutely. I count myself as a Loki fan and I almost had tears in my eyes laughing. Itīs hilarious.
I think it's what you could call villain hubris when a cocky, self assured villain gets owned.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #335
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I think it's what you could call villain hubris when a cocky, self assured villain gets owned.

Yes. And itīs not even just that, the moment is just so... damn awesome and suprising; everyone in our theatre laughed out loud and really suprised. The moment is just perfect

SimiOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #336
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Funny game with Tom: Guess the movie

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #337
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Um...just a thought here on those interviews, but is Mark Ruffalo not aware that She-Hulk is Bruce Banner's cousin? There'd be no incest going on between those two!
I don't know, the way some writers write those two together.....

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #338
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Hiddles twirling his mustache

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #339
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

I love the little eyebrow twitch he does as well!! haha

In other news I had a really great dream last night that I was sat at a bar amd Joss Whedon was the bar tender!! then he invited me to the VIP area where all the Avengers cast were and also everyone who had worked with Joss were there including Buffy and Angel and everyone was just hanging out. He introduced me to the likes of RDJ and Hemsworth and Hiddleston and the rest. Hiddleston came over and we talked(and ok yes, flirted....alot.:P) for ages then the rest of the cast ended up sitting around us and it was this one big really chilled out group just talking and laughing. It was a really funny dream too, I can't remember any of what was said just that it was funny.Of course once I woke up I felt really sad not only coz the dream was over, but that i had woken up to being ill again.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #340
Nathan

Man, I just love the way Hiddleston grins. Especially when he heard Hulk roar.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #341
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Quote:
To be fair, Loki only gloats when he knows he has nothing to lose. But on the other hand, he also knows when he's beat. You will enjoy the penultimate scene when
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the Avengers corner him in Stark Tower.
I love him soooo much!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #342
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

, even Nope, not reading anymore spoilers! I know way more than I wanted to know and I refuse to read anymore.

And oh my God, Tom making like Snidely Whiplash is just too funny. He really needs to do a comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I don't know, the way some writers write those two together.....
Okay now I'm just getting creeped out.

P.S. Just can't get enough of Tom dancing. I'm a bit jealous in that I am a horrible dancer personally.

P.S.S. I know that Tom has been praised numerous times for Loki, but I have to say as a recreational writer I have to commend him for his dedication in the role because in writing for him I have to say he is the most difficult character to put on paper because of the weight of burden the character carries. It must get hard for him being a generally cheerful person to have to melt back into his mindset sometimes. I don't know if this would be an encouraging thought for him though and I'm not sure if he realizes that with a lot of people they see more of a kindred spirit with his Loki than the other characters, good and evil, that have been in the Marvel movies. Just imagine a lifetime of being ignored by people, slapped by labels, bullied, sometimes physically and everyone unable or unwilling to see and understand your hurt when it's right in front of them nor able to sympathize with you one iota. I guess that's what I can contribute from my own personal life experiences concerning why I can relate to Loki so much more than all the other characters even when he does
kill Agent Coulson.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-30-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #343
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Collider.com has a video interview with Tom. Discussion about seeing the script (given how in depth his answers can be in interviews, can totally picture him just chugging out a 4,000 word dissertation to Joss in an email *lol*), story about Ruffalo's son on set/at the premiere, and thoughts about what he'd like to see touched on in Thor 2

http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-t...erview/160736/

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #344
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

That story about Mark Ruffalo's son was just too cute.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #345
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

BBC Radio interview with Tom -- (only 'spoilery' part is that they do address the... um... 'term' that Loki calls Widow *lol* *tsk tsk* Joss for sneaking that by the sensors *lol*)

The interview starts pretty close to the beginning and ends at about the 9min mark.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...me_26_04_2012/

(kudos to my friend Rose on twitter for finding the link to this)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #346
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Quote:
, even Nope, not reading anymore spoilers! I know way more than I wanted to know and I refuse to read anymore.

And oh my God, Tom making like Snidely Whiplash is just too funny. He really needs to do a comedy.

Okay now I'm just getting creeped out.

P.S. Just can't get enough of Tom dancing. I'm a bit jealous in that I am a horrible dancer personally.

P.S.S. I know that Tom has been praised numerous times for Loki, but I have to say as a recreational writer I have to commend him for his dedication in the role because in writing for him I have to say he is the most difficult character to put on paper because of the weight of burden the character carries. It must get hard for him being a generally cheerful person to have to melt back into his mindset sometimes. I don't know if this would be an encouraging thought for him though and I'm not sure if he realizes that with a lot of people they see more of a kindred spirit with his Loki than the other characters, good and evil, that have been in the Marvel movies. Just imagine a lifetime of being ignored by people, slapped by labels, bullied, sometimes physically and everyone unable or unwilling to see and understand your hurt when it's right in front of them nor able to sympathize with you one iota. I guess that's what I can contribute from my own personal life experiences concerning why I can relate to Loki so much more than all the other characters even when he does
kill Agent Coulson.

omg I caved and read that spoiler ..all I can say is cant believe it .

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #347
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

Loki is the best part of the movie. Hiddleston finds the perfect balance of camp and menace. Plus he's clearly having the most fun of any of he cast.

ddddeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #348
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

And the best part? You can watch him (and Thor) get beaten up and, er, smashed around, and you can laugh all you want because they're gods and they never get hurt!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #349
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyloki View Post
omg I caved and read that spoiler ..all I can say is cant believe it .
Oh my God, I know!! When I accidentally read it in the thread specific place for the character I just about went into shock too. Can't imagine future Marvel movies without them in them.

Of course I'm going to have a hard time hating Loki with images like this in my mind:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 05-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #350
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Tom on VH1 (don't know if it's spoilerish at all - haven't gotten around to watching it yet.... *grumbles* stupid actual work that I have to do )

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/764769...tml#id=1684143

edit, just watched it... nothing too spoilery (I don't think) other than him commenting on himself being an idiot and injuring himself while filming the... um... Hulk vs. Loki scene, but I don't think he really gives anything away in that regard. Other than that, discussion about Loki's hair and they talk about Midnight In Paris (where Tom does his wonderful Owen Wilson impression)

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 05-01-2012 at 12:06 PM.