The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #151
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I love Loki, yet I want to make it all worse for him. Loki needs to atone for his many crimes, and redemption comes most dramatically through pain. Finally I see the point of dripping acid into his eyes, or banishing him to the Isle of Silence. (Poison sounds better, though.)

Whedon has a habit of letting vicious murderers off the hook, as he did with Angel and Willow, both of whom should have died screaming, IMO. One can only hope that Loki doesn't get to walk off into the sunset without feeling at least as much pain as he caused
I'm sure he'll receive severe punishment in THOR II, I don't think they're going to skip out on making him atone for his actions in THOR & TA.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #152
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Quote:
I love Loki, yet I want to make it all worse for him. Loki needs to atone for his many crimes, and redemption comes most dramatically through pain. Finally I see the point of dripping acid into his eyes, or banishing him to the Isle of Silence. (Poison sounds better, though.)

Whedon has a habit of letting vicious murderers off the hook, as he did with Angel and Willow, both of whom should have died screaming, IMO. One can only hope that Loki doesn't get to walk off into the sunset without feeling at least as much pain as he caused
Yup agreed. Maybe so they can come back to fight another day.
However I think dying and then being reborn as a kid seems like a punishment too...having to go through puberty twice.

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #153
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
I myself can attest to this notion that we like seeing Loki suffer more than be happy. I can't quite put a finger on it but maybe it has to do with the appeal of the emotional pull a sympathetic villain has. I guess in a way I like being conflicted about the character, both loving and hating his actions at the same time as though I'd want to grab him, like Thor and try to reason with him because I want the best for him. But I think the one that will be hurting the most and taking it out on Loki is Odin. His atrocities cannot go unpunished and the severity of the punishment by Odin I wager will match the severity of his sins.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Godzilla2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #154
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Watching Tom Hiddleston's face in these gifs is so interesting. He has done such a tremendous job of making Loki a multi-faceted and fascinating character, but it must be hard work emotionally. I love Hiddleston as an actor, but part of me wants to scream at Loki, "Bring Phil back, you ****ing murderer!"

I don't suppose you know where the actual video of the interview these gifs came from is, do you?

Anywho... topic at hand, I agree with the majority. As much as I love Loki and love how Tom portrays him (and how I can occasionally become a little too fangirl in that regard ) I do recognize that he is the villain, he is damaged, and all is most certainly NOT right within his head. Naturally I'll have to wait (another 18 days) to see the context of the spoilers being put out (don't worry for those that posted them, I knew I wouldn't be able to stay away from them and so haven't even tried) - but if it does play out like it is in my head after reading the descriptions you've said: I think I'm going to love it. It sounds so angsty and sounds like the type of emotional beats and emotional clashing that I was hoping for when I found out Loki would be the villain in Avengers.

I mean, as much as it would be funny if something like this actually happened:
http://johanirae.tumblr.com/post/201...es-this-owes-a
I know it's not realistic in terms of how the story has been set up and everything. Plus, I don't even really WANT everything to be sunshine & roses between them. Loki's done some terrible things - plus anything he's done in the time between Thor & Avengers... and the more he does, the more he falls into this pit of psychosis (think that's the right term) which (to me) only serves to add to the depth of his character. If everything becomes 'fixed' - to me you loose some of that depth.

Anywho... I think I've rambled enough - I hope it made sense. Looking forward to the (hopefully from descriptions) all out brawl between Loki & Thor - I love me some Joss Whedon angst 18 days and counting

....I'm going to go now and nurse my bruised knuckles (squishing them in my desk drawer at work first thing in the morning is not a good way to start a Monday).

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 04-16-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #155
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Loki had to sink to the depths in order to be seen as a credible villain, and Whedon certainly laid him low. Although Loki was a patricidal/fratricidal/genocidal murderer in Thor, he remained a sympathetic character even through all that. In The Avengers, he steps up into full-blown psychosis and irredeemable evil. That's exactly where he needed to go in order to be a menace worthy of the team's first outing.
This has me drooling with anticipation. Yeah, I want him terrorizing the team in many different ways, all befitting a god. I want him looking to raze and burn Earth and cause pain to everything around him. I've heard drips and drabs about his
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
interaction with Black Widow being akin to Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter.
I've avoided details about it, but if that's an accurate description, then THANK YOU JOSS! I also cannot wait to see what goes on when he
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
mindcontrols Clint
and messes with the rest of the team.

Quote:
There have been many comments on other sites to the effect that Loki is too weak and emotional to be threatening. He also has a lot of fans who adore Woobie!Loki, the poor wounded outcast who just needs a hug and some s'mores to turn him back into a good guy. Those folks are in for a shock. This Loki wants to be loved, but agrees with Machiavelli that fear works better than love in securing power. Loki is in constant pain and he enjoys inflicting pain upon others. He is more menacing and truly frightening than any other villain in the genre. A being with godlike powers, yet lacking remorse, compassion and any respect for sentient life is terrifying, indeed.
This is what I imagined drives him. So glad Joss went full throttle with this side of Loki. I have no idea if he can ever be redeemed or recover from what he does in Avengers. His path really intrigues me.

Sidenote: Every time Tom Hiddleston gives an interview, an angel gets their wings. Also, puppies are born. There's my fangirl comment of the day

Last edited by Suzanne78; 04-16-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #156
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

I like the pretty lights behind Tom in those .gif images.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #157
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

came across this on Repica Prop Forum.

more pics of it here:

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f...-build-143754/

btw how do you post thumbnails?

also I'm glad that Loki is full on psychopath in this, the references to Hannibal Lecter make me hectic excited to see it! Sounds like he'll give Joker a run for his money on being GA favourite villain I hope.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #158
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Yeah u can take the sympathetic tag off of Loki now. He's a full blown monster in the Avengers. I can't wait till you guys see the scene he has with Black Widow. Its positively chilling. There was a lady behind me that kepy murmuring "oh Jesus" during that scene..lol. Its like watching a intergalactic combo of Hans Landa and Hannibal Lecter. Hiddleston was awesome

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #159
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

When it comes to Loki being punished I hope it's done in a way that when it finally comes to it you almost feel regret for wishing it upon him. That or that he avoids harsh punishment because he's given yet another chance, although that seems a bit less likely.

My point being that just having the big bad villain get his comeuppance can be a bit flat emotionally if it's nothing more than that. Mainly because it happens so often.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #160
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
came across this on Repica Prop Forum.

more pics of it here:

http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f...-build-143754/

btw how do you post thumbnails?

also I'm glad that Loki is full on psychopath in this, the references to Hannibal Lecter make me hectic excited to see it! Sounds like he'll give Joker a run for his money on being GA favourite villain I hope.
I would like to make a costume of lady loki.
But I am black it would look silly

catgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #161
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

I'm just wondering how many boyfriends are going to be forced to wear that Loki costume this Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
When it comes to Loki being punished I hope it's done in a way that when it finally comes to it you almost feel regret for wishing it upon him. That or that he avoids harsh punishment because he's given yet another chance, although that seems a bit less likely.

My point being that just having the big bad villain get his comeuppance can be a bit flat emotionally if it's nothing more than that. Mainly because it happens so often.
Considering how much time Tom Hiddleston has invested in this role I don't think it would be respectful to the fans if the creative team is going to wimp out on us and turn him into a one dimensional character. I don't even think that Tom would allow that to happen at all as well. I think despite what Loki does in the Avengers, we will feel bad for him in Thor 2.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-16-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #162
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Some of you are getting WAY too horny talking about what Loki's going to do.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #163
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Some of you are getting WAY too horny talking about what Loki's going to do.
What in the world are you talking about? *innocent face*

Anyways, I was just thinking of this but the saddest thing about Loki is the desolation of his heart. I don't think there's enough love in the universe to bring it back to life.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #164
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Well, for my own amusement I decided to create a Loki Sim for my Sims 3 game. So far the extent of his evil only entails kicking over people's trash cans. Diabolical!!!

Anyway, if any of you have the game and all the Expansion packs and are interested in uploading the Sim to your game here's a link to download him.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail....ssetId=5607235

And yeah, my graphics card really stinks. Just check out this stray dog in my game:

Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #165
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl18 View Post
Not at all, thats silly to think that.

Make a fun project out of it.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #166
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

whoops

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #167
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

*for those interested* MSN put up a clip of Fury confronting Loki:

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/...aemail%3auuids

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #168
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

This is really getting interesting.. Loki was my favourite in Thor and I liked that little chance of redemtion about him, BUT...

...this sounds fantastic. In general I´m all for psychotic monsters in fiction (Lecter, Joker, Dilandau, Chigurh, Liebert)... you guys get me pumped

SimiOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #169
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
The color of your skin doesn't matter... at ALL.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #170
Rongxin
Banned User

Tom endorses CBM

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Rongxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #171
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongxin View Post
Tom endorses CBM

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
tom is really cool

Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #172
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The color of your skin doesn't matter... at ALL.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Do you think it would not look silly?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #173
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Loki's a shapeshifter, he can look however he wants

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #174
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
I know it wouldn't! As a black man myself, I can tell you this with absolute confidence and honesty. Go for it, I'm sure it'll look great.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #175
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Loki's a shapeshifter, he can look however he wants
you're right