The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #26
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKiDDvIcIOUs View Post
So I got a noob question, why does the thread manager make a new thread every 40 pages or so?

I've never heard it explained here, but on other forums using vBulletin software the admins sometimes limit the length of threads to prevent problems with the database.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #27
lespaul59
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I've never heard it explained here, but on other forums using vBulletin software the admins sometimes limit the length of threads to prevent problems with the database.
I think it starts a new thread every 1,000 post. It does have to do with the software and not slowing it down. I can't remember exactly how it was explained.

I do have to agree about stepping away to avoid spoiler. This thred is starting to look like the Game of Thrones tv show thread. Spoiler tags and blacked out post everywhere.

Last edited by lespaul59; 04-09-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #28
The Morningstar
Banned User

It's to stop the lag. But i think it'd be better to just delete the hundreds if not thousands of pointless threads that no one ever posts in.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #29
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Just auto delete inactive threads after a year of inactivity.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #30
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
It's to stop the lag. But i think it'd be better to just delete the hundreds if not thousands of pointless threads that no one ever posts in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Just auto delete inactive threads after a year of inactivity.

I don't know much about vBulletin, thank goodness, but administrators on other sites have said that deleting threads and posts somehow causes problems with the database. It's a beast to manage on a site as large and active as this one.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #31
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Why do we get so many ads?

Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 AM   #32
The Morningstar
Banned User

Because it's a free forum and the bills need to be paid somehow I hate the ads too, but i'd hate having to pay for a membership even more.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #33
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Why do we get so many ads?
I don't find the ads all that intrusive since I maybe get 1 or 2 ads that you actually need to close out by clicking on the "X."

Old 04-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #34
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Any new tv spots? (last one I saw was another headcount one where every character got a title card)

Old 04-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #35
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

I'm still waiting for the Hulk smash TV spot in HD.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #36
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Just a reminder: The Avengers Facebook page will announce the next five cities that are getting a free fan screening today at 9 AM PT/12 Noon ET.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #37
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm surprised that they haven't released domestic TV Spots that highlight each member specifically, while doing the basic (albeit typical) thing of showing stats and giving notice for what each member is best at, etc.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #38
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm surprised that they haven't released domestic TV Spots that highlight each member specifically, while doing the basic (albeit typical) thing of showing stats and giving notice for what each member is best at, etc.
Dude this would be awesome, I'd LOVE a set of tv spots that give stats and lists the powers/abilities of each Avenger (plus Loki).

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #39
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Dude this would be awesome, I'd LOVE a set of tv spots that give stats and lists the powers/abilities of each Avenger (plus Loki).
I'm kind of hoping that when the dvd comes out for "The Avengers" that they have a special feature that shows a Computer Database filled with in-depth character profiles and images of each major character in the MCU and their stats, similar to what the special Cerebo feature does in the X:FC dvd where we see all of the mutants present in the x series.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #40
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Anyone want to see Red Skull make another appearance in a future MCU film, aside from a Captain America sequel? If you ask me, Loki shouldn't have all the fun getting to interact with all these heroes Other villains are jealous.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #41
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

If it means more Hugo Weaving then ****in Oath I wanna see more of him!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #42
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Can anyone please repost Igiffs scoops from the last thread? Somehow I am unable to highlight the spoilers there. Maybe because I have to surf on my phone.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #43
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

meanwhile, in Vienna...

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #44
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm kind of hoping that when the dvd comes out for "The Avengers" that they have a special feature that shows a Computer Database filled with in-depth character profiles and images of each major character in the MCU and their stats, similar to what the special Cerebo feature does in the X:FC dvd where we see all of the mutants present in the x series.
Concering this idea, all I have is two words....F*** YEAH!!!

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #45
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

lol

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #46
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Hehehehehe that is pretty funny

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #47
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
meanwhile, in Vienna...

ok, here we go, Igiffs posts:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Q: can u confirm whether there isThor v Hulk and how was it without spoiling anything, and oh use spoiler tags.
A:
He thought the fight was a little short, but was satisfying.

Q: What'd he say about Cap?
A: He didn't say anything of interest, no complaints.

Q: Ok then, I don't really care about spoilers/details - I'd just like to hear what your friend thought of the movie and if he had any particular complaints.
A: He loved it. He really had no complaints, he just thought the film could have had a much bigger scope.

Apparently Hawkeye and Hulk steal the show. Even in scenes with Iron Man. Jeremy Renner was really good, and my friend also thought Ruffalo KILLED Norton as Banner.

Loki apparently reminded him of Heath Ledger's Joker. He didn't know what it was but there was something about the way Hiddleston played him. He seems to think Loki is the best Marvel movie villain yet.

Q:
Well, here are my questions: How are Thor's and Hulk's power levels displayed? And their action scenes; does anyone of them stand out more ? Is it explicit shown which one is 'the' powerhouse?
I know they are somewhat silly, but I'd be very happy if you could answer them.
A:
He didn't really comment on power levels, but I got the impression from him that all of them got there chances to shine... I don't think any of them really stand out as "the" powerhouse.

Q: And did your friend mention who the aliens might be ?
Did he stay for the post credit scene?
A: He didn't say who the aliens were, but he said they were pretty damn cool... he said there was no post credit scene. I am guessing it was probably because they didn't include it for the showing.

Q: What did your friend say about Thor and did he say anything about Loki's being more powerful in this film?
A: Not much about Thor, only that Thor shows off a lot more in this movie... he had no complaints so I guess it is all good. He seems to think Loki is the best Marvel movie villain to date.

I think that's it.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #48
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Makes sense that they wouldn't include a post credit sequence for early showings....odds are it would leak out somewhere despite embargo rules.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #49
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

not if the people viewing the screenings cared about the success of the film.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #50
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Yeah, I believe very large threads really slow down the site a lot as every time someone (even a guest) views a thread it downloads the whole thread each time. So having many more smaller threads works out more efficient. That said they probably need to reduce max thread sizes to 10 posts to get rid of the amount of lag we get nowadays.

Closed Thread