The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #26
Slipeor
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superwhat View Post
I love when Tony says, "you're brother, the demi-god". You can tell Loki didn't like it, he seemed bothered when he said it. Then Tony notices it and puts on the bracelets. He knows things are about to go down. Love that attention to detail.

Also, can someone explain this line to me:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"Maybe your army comes and maybe they are too much for us. But it's all on you."

How is it all on him?

It's a bit surreal to watch my two favorite characters interact with one another. I still can't believe this is happening.
I think he meant that even if they don't stop the army, they are going to kick Loki's butt. Hence the "damn sure we'll avenge it" line

Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
BAXWAR
Support Swollen

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superwhat View Post
Also, can someone explain this line to me:

"Maybe your army comes and maybe they are too much for us. But it's all on you."

How is it all on him?

It sounds like Loki has summoned this Army. They haven't arrived yet, but they're on the way. Didn't Tony also say it may even be too much for Loki? I think he's implying that Loki won't be able to fully control this army - and that they will run rampant and destroy everything, including Loki. And it will be his fault.

At least that's how I understood it.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I wonder if Loki is thinking every time he talks to Tony

"God damn doesn't he ever shut up"

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

"God damn doesn't he ever shut up"
That could very well be the reason he throws him out the window

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #30
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

"Odin be damned doesn't he ever shut up"
Fixed!!!

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
Awesome video! thanks Freshman! That 'date' with Pepper, I don't remember that, is that in Iron Man 2?
no it isn't.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #32
Superwhat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I don't think it's so much him noticing Loki's reaction that inspires him to put on the bracelets, I think it's more like he's been wanting to get them on probably since Loki arrived and he's just taking advantage of the fact that Loki has (albeit briefly) turned his back on him... giving him the chance he needed. If that makes sense.

I don't know, it seems to me when the video started Loki was looking out the window. Tony had plenty of time to put on the bracelets then, but was instead pouring a drink for himself. Heck, maybe Loki gets mad Tony didn't offer a drink so he threw him out the window. Loki must have his drink!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
That could very well be the reason he throws him out the window
I would do the same if I was him!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Interesting recent interview with Whedon
Quote:
Kevin Feige, the Marvel Studios president, had told me you essentially won the “Avengers” assignment with a single e-mail.
They – they being Marvel, and most they being Kevin – know exactly what they need, so they really do let you make the decisions. And there was only one point of conflict, in terms of what they needed.

What was that?
It’s about the villains. I kept trying to add one. And they weren’t behind it. I feel like we made it work but that was the only thing we disagreed on.

And that character was –?
[teasingly] A specific figure. I wanted to have another guy in the mix, somebody who was up to their level, because I have all these strong guys! That was trouble. They felt the structure worked without it and it would be too much. But apart from that, everything they wanted, I completely agreed with. It’s like, “We want the Avengers not to settle their differences through talk.” O.K., good. I’m for that, too. It’s a superhero movie. Superheroics must take place.

What would be an example of something you didn’t figure out until later in the process?
One of the best scenes that I wrote was the beautiful and poignant scene between Steve and Peggy [Carter] that takes place in the present. And I was the one who was like, Guys, we need to lose this. It was killing the rhythm of the thing. And we did have a lot of Cap, because he really was the in for me. I really do feel a sense of loss about what’s happening in our culture, loss of the idea of community, loss of health care and welfare and all sorts of things. I was spending a lot of time having him say it, and then I cut that.

There are elements of “The Avengers” – alien invasion force; mysterious artifact – that we’ve just seen in other movies that haven’t fared very well.
Believe me, there are tropes in this movie that will appear as nothing else. I referred to the Tesseract more than a few times as “the MacGufferact.” The invasion at the end, that was stipulated. And all I could think was, Great, I know where I’m going. My whole thing was, make sure that none of this feels like a checkmark. But more than once, we watched the trailer for some movie and went, “Oh, are their aliens better than ours? Are they too similar?” Panic, panic, panic. At the end of the day, it’s like, Was there a story about human beings threaded through all of that? The superhero team movie is going to have a certain structure, but no cars turn into anything else except piles of rubble. Cars magically transform into burning cars. That part I’m happy about.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...of-his-career/

Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #35
J.Howlett

Great interview and I'm so glad he called out Iron Man 2.

Crap. I'm starting to like this Whedon guy.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #36
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

a second villian?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #37
Pond
Side-Kick

So did he cut the Peggy in modern times scene or is my english flunky?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I love how Tony licks his lips at 0:10 as he pours the alcohol, looks like he can't wait to take a sip.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Sounds like he's saying he just cut a certain scene with Peggy but she's still in the movie. That's how I interpreted it, at least.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
He did. We'll see how Steve's story plays out without this scene in the film.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #40
steintym
Stay Frosty

I'm glad we finally got to see the unedited version of that scene between Stark and Loki.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I love how Tony licks his lips at 0:10 as he pours the alcohol, looks like he can't wait to take a sip.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sounds like he's saying he just cut a certain scene with Peggy but she's still in the movie. That's how I interpreted it, at least.
Nice catch, I didn't see that one.
I like the reactions of Loki. He looks menacing, angry, powerful and Tony looks kinda angry and nervious

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #42
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

Kind of smells like a certain purple deviant didn't make the final cut.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #43
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Nice catch, I didn't see that one.
I like the reactions of Loki. He looks menacing, angry, powerful and Tony looks kinda angry and nervious
Agreed, I also like how, when Tony says "Maybe your army comes" you can see Loki kind of shifting his grip on the staff like he really wants to deck Tony with it

(yes, I've been watching the clip pretty much non stop since I first got in this morning and am at the point where I'm looking at it for the tiniest most miniscule little tid-bits..... "Hi, my name is Silvermoon, and I'm a Loki fangirl" ... sorry, I'm in a really weird mood today, if I get too silly, please feel free to find me a straightjacket)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #44
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Doing my best not to watch that Loki/Stark clip. Just need to hold out a little more than 72 hours and then I get to see everything!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed, I also like how, when Tony says "Maybe your army comes" you can see Loki kind of shifting his grip on the staff like he really wants to deck Tony with it

(yes, I've been watching the clip pretty much non stop since I first got in this morning and am at the point where I'm looking at it for the tiniest most miniscule little tid-bits..... "Hi, my name is Silvermoon, and I'm a Loki fangirl" ... sorry, I'm in a really weird mood today, if I get too silly, please feel free to find me a straightjacket)
Wow, you really are looking every single detail in the clip.
May I say that you're the only girl I know that is into Loki. Most of the ones I know are into Thor.

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
Dave40
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Doing my best not to watch that Loki/Stark clip. Just need to hold out a little more than 72 hours and then I get to see everything!
I cant wait for your review.So you will see it this Saturday?.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post
I cant wait for your review.So you will see it this Saturday?.
Yup .... at 10am. Although I have a pool party to go to once I get out so my review prolly won't be up until Sunday. There are others on here though won advanced screening passes for the same day so I'm sure you'll get plenty of reviews.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Wow, you really are looking every single detail in the clip.
May I say that you're the only girl I know that is into Loki. Most of the ones I know are into Thor.
*lol* there's a couple of us in the Tom Hiddleston/Loki thread.

Thor/Hemsworth holds a special place in my heart too... after all, when I first saw Thor it was actually him (not Loki) that captured my attention. But alas, this past fall, Loki rose in my personal rankings. Thor still remains a very *very* close 2nd to him in terms of favorite comic book movie characters - and is 1st in my favorite CBM heroes list

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
steintym
Stay Frosty

With early reviews coming out, my ability to avoid spoilers will be challenged again. I have no willpower when it comes to spoilers.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #50
Dr. Sid Jawtug
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Kind of smells like a certain purple deviant didn't make the final cut.
I believe he was implying someone to match-up specifically with Hulk.
Thanos will be alluded to during the film and show up after credits is my best guess.

Closed Thread