The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #51
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
Wow, you really are looking every single detail in the clip.
May I say that you're the only girl I know that is into Loki. Most of the ones I know are into Thor.
That means I'll be the second seriously though, just look at tumbr, Loki fans everywhere!

I wonder why Loki's looking out the window?

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I think and I might be wrong, Stark may be trying to get through to Loki to stop him in that scene. Loki still seems wounded and almost unsure of himself despite trying to pass it all off in jest. I think they've figured Loki's motives - if he can't rule over Asgard, he'll rule over Earth and everything will be okay - and Stark is telling him, "no dude, being king won't solve a damned thing for you." Or at least that's how I took it. The more Stark saw that insecurity, the more he pushed towards it it seemed.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #53
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

I dig how Stark is just ****ing around with him. Two giant egos just going at it.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #54
Dave40
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Yup .... at 10am. Although I have a pool party to go to once I get out so my review prolly won't be up until Sunday. There are others on here though won advanced screening passes for the same day so I'm sure you'll get plenty of reviews.
Your review wont be up until Sunday??.Please,can you,at least,post here one line with your general thoughts before your full review?.

I really like you as a critic.I always agree with your reviews.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #55
Raiden
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Interesting recent interview with Whedon

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...of-his-career/
Great interview, and we get the insight to Whedon's thought process as he was making the movie. I'm a bit disappointed to learn that he cut out a scene between Steve and Peggy from the movie, because it was killing the rhythm, but I can understand that because the pacing of the movie is probably really fast, and I've seen some movies where they'd include a scene that became a disservice to the rest of the movie.

What really intrigues me is Whedon's admission that he directed TA with the mindset that it is going to be a war movie, like "Dirty Dozen" or "Black Hawk Down". It was a concern of mine that the Avengers would not face any life-and-death situation, and therefore the final battle scene would feel anti-climatic since we're dealing with a team of superheroes here. If Whedon can somehow made us afraid about the safety of our favorite superheroes, I think he would have succeeded.

Still not happy that I have to wait another 3 more weeks to see the movie while just about everyone else would have seen it, though.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #56
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Love the interview. I love how Joss is so insightful about these things, and doesnt jsut take it on his shoulder but takes his job as an art craft and very serious.

I hope there is still a scene with Steve and Peggy in the movie, maybe just not that one, or part of that one. It'll be especially heartbreaking if like at the end he finally gets that dance

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #57
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I love how Tony licks his lips at 0:10 as he pours the alcohol, looks like he can't wait to take a sip.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sounds like he's saying he just cut a certain scene with Peggy but she's still in the movie. That's how I interpreted it, at least.
What are those Bracelets that he's trying to sneak on.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #58
MrGreen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
That means I'll be the second seriously though, just look at tumbr, Loki fans everywhere!

I wonder why Loki's looking out the window?
I don't go to tumblr and maybe thats why I haven't seen you Loki fans.
I think he's looking if Stark Tower is a good place to bring his army

"Use the source, Luke!"
Old 04-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #59
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post
Your review wont be up until Sunday??.Please,can you,at least,post here one line with your general thoughts before your full review?.

Just crash the pool party and demand your info 1st hand

Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #60
Dave40
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Just crash the pool party and demand your info 1st hand
Id prefer to see the movie this Saturday!.

Its going to be crazy here this weekend!.I think Im going to press the refresh button 100000 times from this Saturday.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #61
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Kind of smells like a certain purple deviant didn't make the final cut.

I think that Marvel made the right call. Too many villains can make for a muddled movie, IMO. Writers should concentrate on one strong villain at the core of the conflict, rather than making the mistake of thinking that more equals better (Spider-Man 3 syndrome).

Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #62
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Loki didnt seem very angry or anything. He was pretty calm. Man, I've gotta see these clips in context or they just dont work out as well. I cant wait to see the full thing

Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #63
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Avengers Assemble.. world premiere means it's almosttttt time for it to get here for the regular joe's.. can't wait.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #64
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
What are those Bracelets that he's trying to sneak on.

The motion comic that Marvel Freshman posted earlier gives some clues as to the bracelet's purpose. It seems to be a device for summoning the armor to Tony's body magnetically. That's my guess after watching the video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #65
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post

I will do my best. If I'm not the one driving back, I'll hop on the ol' Samsung Galaxy keyboard and pound out some early thoughts.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #66
iTHANOS
Side-Kick

Hi! Im the new kid on the block here and after lurking for several months I had to register just to be a part off the Avengers family

I dont know why but IŽv watched that scene between Stark and Loki far many more times than any other tv spot or trailer thus far..
I really love the dialoge and hopefully weŽll get more scenes like this one in the flick.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #67
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Q.
Kevin Feige, the Marvel Studios president, had told me you essentially won the “Avengers” assignment with a single e-mail.

A.
They – they being Marvel, and most they being Kevin – know exactly what they need, so they really do let you make the decisions. And there was only one point of conflict, in terms of what they needed.

Q.
What was that?

A.
It’s about the villains. I kept trying to add one. And they weren’t behind it. I feel like we made it work but that was the only thing we disagreed on.

Q.
And that character was –?

A.
[teasingly] A specific figure. I wanted to have another guy in the mix, somebody who was up to their level, because I have all these strong guys! That was trouble. They felt the structure worked without it and it would be too much. But apart from that, everything they wanted, I completely agreed with. It’s like, “We want the Avengers not to settle their differences through talk.” O.K., good. I’m for that, too. It’s a superhero movie. Superheroics must take place.
Wow, it's like the opposite of Spider-man 3. This is why I have faith that Marvel knows what it is doing. It doesn't throw in needless characters just for fan service but actually tries to make sure those characters fit into the story.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #68
iTHANOS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Wow, it's like the opposite of Spider-man 3. This is why I have faith that Marvel knows what it is doing. It doesn't throw in needless characters just for fan service but actually tries to make sure those characters fit into the story.
Gives a guy a cozy and fuzzy feeling dont it

Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #69
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The motion comic that Marvel Freshman posted earlier gives some clues as to the bracelet's purpose. It seems to be a device for summoning the armor to Tony's body magnetically. That's my guess after watching the video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Awesome!!

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #70
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I bet it is Loki probably pushes Start out the window cause Stark enrages him, then on the fall down he summons the armor.....

Probably flies back up and lays into Loki

Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #71
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Great interview, and we get the insight to Whedon's thought process as he was making the movie. I'm a bit disappointed to learn that he cut out a scene between Steve and Peggy from the movie, [...]
Such a scene could still be in Captain America 2.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #72
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Whedon said they made it work in the film and he won't give the name of the villain...Could "I feel we made it work" mean "I convinced Marvel to put this character in under their circumstances"?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #73
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Love how loki looks confused when tony says "the avengers"

Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #74
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
Whedon said they made it work in the film and he won't give the name of the villain...Could "I feel we made it work" mean "I convinced Marvel to put this character in under their circumstances"?
I had the same idea.

I've read it again and again. I'm not sure what he actually says...

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #75
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
I took it to mean he felt he needed that extra villain but since they couldn't do it, they made it work based on what they had.

Closed Thread