The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #76
aman3380

Default Re: Sin City 2 - Official FAQ Thread (possible spoilers)

A pain but she is suppper hot.
All in all I think it'll be worth the wait

Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #77
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

Soooo....we'll we ever seen Sin City 2?

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #78
ghost_x
Side-Kick

Until Rodriguez finally pumps out the completely pointless Barbarella remake, I wouldn't hold our breaths for Sin City 2. A shame considering the delay of the sequels has probably ruined the chance for the casting of Depp as Wallace

Just ****ing retarded.
Spoken like a Jedi Master

Previously gvcool2
Old 05-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #79
FoxTrot
Banned User

I think 'Sin City 2' is in the same developmental hell as Tarantino's 'Inglorious Bastards.'

Old 05-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #80
Soulinertia
thermodynamic miracle

I'm really looking forward to these next two flicks! but 2010!? Good thing we have a great summer lineup this year to keep us entertained.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #81
James_Sparrow
Dreamer of Dreams

Its getting to be too delayed for it to make an impact. I think even though they shouldn't, just drop it.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #82
Angamb
Banned User

wow, I had forgotten this movie, hehe.

Is curious how some sequels seem to be stopped since time ago....

Superman, Sin city... F4, hehe

Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #83
Kathy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvcool2 View Post
I think jared leto, looks more like wallace, although I would prefer to see depp
THANK YOU!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #84
rollotomasi
Side-Kick

Brittany Murphy is the cockroach of ditzy movie blondes. .

She's got 5 movies on her slate for the next two years, including the sequel to SIN CITY. Let's face it, the girl is golden.

http://www.joblo.com/moviehotties/index.php?id=3977

Last edited by rollotomasi; 06-27-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #85
rollotomasi
Side-Kick

Angie eyes up Sin City 2 role!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1334926.ece

Published: 24 Jun 2008

ANGELINA JOLIE is already eyeing up her next job once she's had her twins.

The A-list beauty is considering a role in Sin City 2 - because she is intrigued with what director FRANK MILLER can come up with next.

Having developed a taste for danger as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider and sly assasin Fox in new movie Wanted, Angie is crying out for action roles.

She loved the 2004 comic book adaptation and the filmmaker is keen to have the actress on board for the sequel.

He already has a character lined up for her and is eager for her to peruse the script.

Angelina said: "I found the first Sin City impressive, but I don't know what they're going to do with the next one to make (it) as original as the first one.

"I'd be curious. I think he's a genius," she added.

Having Angie share the screen with JESSICA ALBA and BRITTANY MURPHY must be every boy's dream.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #86
rollotomasi
Side-Kick

Robert Rodriguez broke with studios and went indie to collaborate with Miller on the film version of the writer's "Sin City," plus attracted an all-star cast, including Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, Jessica Alba and Elijah Wood (Frodo as a demented killer!). "Sin City 2" is due in theaters next year.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08179/892908-42.stm

Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #87
rollotomasi
Side-Kick

FHM SEXIEST WOMEN

http://www.fhm.com/site/100sexiest/topten/two.aspx

Jessica
Alba

Fantastic form
A silver-medal position for the 27-year-old Californian, based purely on honeyed skin, a drum-taut body and her wilful disregard of why we’re all so desperate to see next year’s Sin City sequel.
More Jessica

Old 07-05-2008, 06:39 AM   #88
Darth-IronMan
Batman is better!

Robert has split with Rose and it looks like Barbarella is canned and Red Sonja will also disappear because Robert was just looking for a film vehicle for Rose. Frank is finishing up The Sprit so hopefully things will aline and we get Sin City 2 and they might as well shoot part 3 back to back with 2 just so they don't find other projects again and leave this one on limbo again.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #89
rollotomasi
Side-Kick

I got this from a website called Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For!

Sin City: The Game coming
California-based developer and publisher Red Mile nabs games licence for the gritty series of noir graphic novels.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171452.html

Gaming's about to get more sinful with the announcement that a series of video games based on the Sin City comic book series is on its way. Jackass the Game developer Red Mile Entertainment has acquired the rights for an exclusive "multi-year, worldwide" licence to develop and publish games based on the series. The financial details of the transaction are not known.

The Sin City comic series was created by Frank Miller, and the first part was published in 1991 by Dark Horse. The series tells the tales of the residents of Basin City--otherwise known as Sin City--where violent crime rates are high and the police routinely wear full-body armour. A movie adaptation codirected by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, and starring Bruce Willis and Jessica Alba, was released in 2005. Filming for the sequel, Sin City 2, is due to start next month.

Red Mile's CEO, Chester Aldridge, commented on the deal, "Sin City enjoys a broad and devoted following. Its crime noir settings, richly detailed characters, hyper-real action sequences, and engaging stories provide an outstanding groundwork for video games."

http://adametokillfor.com/

Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #90
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

More Frank Miller fans as well as Will Eisner fans are needed at The Spirit boards.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #91
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Rodriguez needs a hit after the experimental damnation which was "Grindhouse." Tarantino's "Death Proof" was cool to me even though seeing a bunch of chicks talking about old car movies does get a bit boring but Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" was WAY TOO over-the-top for it's own good. I'm a fan of Rodriguez though but he really needs to bring "Sin City" back. If he doesn't than I'm just going to stop waiting and buy all the books off the shelf and read them because I'm tired of the procrastination and pontification from both him and Miller. Don't get me wrong, I like them both. They're geniuses in their different mediums but I can't see how it'd be hard to do another one. Rodriguez is known for juggling multiple projects and he gets them done on time. I just think he needs to get away from Rose McGowan as much as she is hot and bring back Marv, Dwight, and the rest of the gang for back-to-back sequels.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #92
AlyssaX

Wow, he already split up with Rose? Ruining a long marriage just for that short stint? Oh well.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #93
jsf
Side-Kick

So, humor me on this one. Are they filming and releasing Sin City 3 BEFORE Sin City 2?

I've seen this over on IMDB and a few other places

Old 07-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #94
jdre_124
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf View Post
So, humor me on this one. Are they filming and releasing Sin City 3 BEFORE Sin City 2?

I've seen this over on IMDB and a few other places
Unless this spilled out elsewhere, the only news given by Rodriguez and Miller at this year's Comic Con were that both sequels have scripts and thats it. I would imagine the real delay is Rodriguez. He needs to stop screwing around with Rose and get back on the ball of making actual movies. He pursued that pointless Barbella remake and is now helping Rose along with Red Sonja. Frank is also part of the delay since he's working The Spirit. Hopefully they'll start filming sometime next year so we get it by 2010.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 AM   #95
TauHeel05
Side-Kick

Did no one ask Robert about the status of 'Sin City 2' at Comic Con?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #96
Electrix
Side-Kick

Frank Millar on Sin City 2

Quote:
I cant’ talk about my projects, because I don’t believe a movie is real until I see the title on the screen. There are many things that can go wrong. But I can tell you that I’m very close to begin Sin City 2 with Robert Rodriguez. We have to arrange a few things and we’ll be back in action.
http://filmonic.com/frank-millar-tal...rit-sin-city-2

Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #97
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Default Sin City 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Schwartz @ MTV Splash Page
While official casting won't start until the script [for Sin City 2] is finalized and in studio hands, Robert Rodriguez said that actors whose names have cropped up in the past -- like Angelina Jolie and Rachel Weisz -- could still join the project.

"I don't think we'll have trouble [getting stars to come] on board because people loved Sin City and they love that world and they love a chance to play in that arena and so many actors especially love film noir, and it's such an updated modernized film noir that it doesn’t feel nostalgic," he explained. "It feels new, so I think people will run to be a part of it."

It seems more and more likely that the sequel will follow the same structure as Sin City, with its three entwined story-lines holding up the bulk of the flick. Rodriquez said that the movie will follow 'A Dame to Kill' and two original stories creator Frank Miller has written for the film. It was the success of Sin City that convinced Rodriguez they should follow the same structure for its sequel.

"I was kind of greedy, I loved so many of those stories that I kind of jammed three of them together in a wrap around, but it actually worked because in Sin City anything can happen, so we thought, 'Let's follow that structure, because if we just did one story the audience might feel cheated they didn't get a bigger glimpse of it, especially having waited so long," he explained.

And don't expect that just because some characters died -- like Bruce Willis' John Hartigan -- in the first movie that they won't come back in the next instalment.

"The fantastic thing about Frank's original concept in Sin City [is] his books were always told out of order," Rodriguez said. "So some of them might have died in the very first story, but [they] show up in all the other books because they're all out of chronological order."
Could 'Sin City 2' Star Angelina Jolie And Bruce Willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Jones @ CBR Spinoff Online
[Robert] Rodriguez... talked about the long-discussed sequel to 2005’s Sin City, which he said possibly could start filming this year.

“Frank [Miller] has written a script for Sin City 2, it’s called 'A Dame to Kill For'. We’re following the [format of the] first one,” the filmmaker explained. “Two stories are new. One is called ‘The Long Bad Night.’ There is a scenario that it could be shot as early as this year. That’s the best scenario. If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen this year.”

Rodriguez talked about how the buzz at Comic-Con helped make the first Sin City a success.

“When I did Sin City, I brought that to show you, I showed pages of the comic, then scenes from the movie,” he said. “That blew the lid off Sin City… people really supported it at the theaters. It’s really hard to predict what an audience is going to want in a year or two.”
CCI | Robert Rodriguez Panel

It seems like Frank and Robert say it's going to start filming soon every few months or so. Hope it actually happens this time. I'm delighted that Miller has written two new stories for SIN CITY 2 along with an adaptation of A Dame To Kill For, that really seems like the best of both worlds.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #98
Crockett
With Teeth

I don't want to get excited now since the possibility of the movie starting shooting and the delay has been going forever, but I'm hoping it's true this time. I'm dying to see more stories being adapted for Sin City, particularly Hell and Back, loved that yarn.

It's great they're adapting A Dame to Kill For (great story) but what I'm most excited to see it's the new stories Miller has come up for Sin City 2, I know that Miller talked of a story about Nancy dealing her life after the events of That Yellow Bastard but I don't remember if it's for the movie or it's new material that he's releasing for the comics but I hope it's one of the new story in the movie.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #99
Octoberist
point blank

Until they actually release a date, I wouldn't hold my breathe. I think Robert is so wishy washy in recent years; worse than Eli Roth ad QT at this point when it comes to 'future projects'.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #100
Crockett
With Teeth

A excerpt from an interview with Rodriguez.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/i...ds-time-world/

Quote:
Question: Any word on Machete 2 or Sin City 2?

RR: Sin City 2 is going good, we’re just finishing the script for that, we already got the money. We have everything we need so we can just start shooting as soon as we get the pages. And it’s the same thing for Machete 2. We’ve already got the budget, just waiting for the script. As soon as we’re finished writing we get to start the shoot.
After so many years teasing of the sequel I should be better off waiting for an official announcement or something like that but nah, I'm always hoping the possibility of progress to the project and him actually directing it. Nonetheless I really hope that this is Rodriguez's next project after the stupid looking Spy Kids 4.

Last edited by Crockett; 08-09-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Closed Thread