The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #101
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Sin City 2 - Official FAQ Thread (possible spoilers)

Hopefully this is finally moving forward as its been a long wait for it and the first movie was superb.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #102
Crockett
With Teeth

Apparently the Oscar-winning screenwriter William Monahan (The Departed) has been hired to work on the script from the recent draft that Miller has completed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...s-oscar-228761

It has been a really slow progress but with Monahan onboard, I hope that the pace picks up.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #103
TwilightPro101

Really hope this gets a release by next year at least.

ScarJo IS Black Widow
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #104
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Default Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

It's finally happening!

Official Press Release

Quote:
AUSTIN, TX (12 April 2012) — Filmmakers Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, along with producer Alexander Rodnyansky, have announced that production will commence on the highly anticipated sequel to 2005’s Sin City, entitled Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. The film will be produced by AR Films and Quick Draw Productions, financed through AR Films U.S and released domestically by Dimension Films.

“The first question I am always asked is “When will you make another Sin City? ,” said Rodriquez. “I have wanted to re-team with Frank Miller and return to the world he created since the day we wrapped the original, but have felt a duty to the fans to wait until we had something truly exceptional that would meet and exceed what have become epic expectations. A Dame To Kill For will certainly be worth the wait.”

Sin City creator, screenwriter and co-director Frank Miller said, “The first Sin City knocked out audiences who had never seen anything like it before. Robert Rodriguez and I are going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first.“

The script and details of the film’s story have been kept tightly under wraps. Casting will begin next week, with many of the original cast expected to return. The film, a Quick Draw Production, will be produced by Rodriguez and producing partners Aaron Kaufman and Iliana Nikolic; and by Alexander Rodnyansky and Sergei Bespalov and Stephen L’Hereux. Miller, The Weinstein Company’s Harvey and Bob Weinstein and Miramax’s Adam Fields will act as executive producers. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For was developed by Frank Miller based upon his graphic novel, with a screenplay by Frank Miller and Academy Award winner William Monahan (The Departed). The film is expected to begin production this summer at Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios in Austin, Texas.

Alexander Rodnyansky said, “We are delighted to continue our relationship with Robert Rodriguez and Quick Draw Productions. It is a rare opportunity to produce and finance a film with the high profile and enormous fan base of the Sin City franchise. AR FIlms will be managing worldwide sales of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, as well as Robert’s Machete Kills at the Cannes Film Festival in May.”

The original Sin City was brought to the screen by Rodriguez and Miller and released by Dimension in 2005, and proved to be a landmark step forward in filmmaking, breaking ground with immersive green screen to create its iconic stylish look. The first film, released on April 1, 2005, grossed over $160 million (US) worldwide and is a consistently strong home video and television performer.

“Audiences have been clamoring for Sin City 2 with Robert and Frank for a long time and trust me, it will be worth the wait,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company. “This will be my 11th collaboration with Robert in 16 years and he’s become a great friend. I look forward to continuing our long lasting relationship and partnering on more projects in the future.”

The deal was negotiated by Aaron Kaufman, Craig Emanuel of Loeb & Loeb and Robert Newman of WME on behalf of Rodriguez; David Glasser and Andrew Kramer on behalf of Dimension Films; Schuyler Moore of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan and Jere Hausfater on behalf of AR Films; Kenneth Keller and Garth Rosengren of Krieg, Keller, Sloan, Reilley & Roman and John LaViolette of Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman on behalf of Stephen L’Heureux and Solopsist Films; and Mark Lichtman and Neil Meyer and Allison Binder of Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson & Binder on behalf of Miller

Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #105
Project862006
Banned User

Dimension Films have just announced plans to start filming for Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For this summer in Austin, Texas. Casting is set to begin next week and most of the cast from the first film is set to return. The first film opened on April 1st 2005 and ended up grossing nearly $160 million worldwide. Check out Dimension film's press release on this news down below...
Quote:
AUSTIN, TX (12 April 2012) — Filmmakers Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, along with producer Alexander Rodnyansky, have announced that production will commence on the highly anticipated sequel to 2005’s Sin City, entitled Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. The film will be produced by AR Films and Quick Draw Productions, financed through AR Films U.S and released domestically by Dimension Films.

“The first question I am always asked is “When will you make another Sin City? ,” said Rodriquez. “I have wanted to re-team with Frank Miller and return to the world he created since the day we wrapped the original, but have felt a duty to the fans to wait until we had something truly exceptional that would meet and exceed what have become epic expectations. A Dame To Kill For will certainly be worth the wait.”

Sin City creator, screenwriter and co-director Frank Miller said, “The first Sin City knocked out audiences who had never seen anything like it before. Robert Rodriguez and I are going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first.“

The script and details of the film’s story have been kept tightly under wraps. Casting will begin next week, with many of the original cast expected to return. The film, a Quick Draw Production, will be produced by Rodriguez and producing partners Aaron Kaufman and Iliana Nikolic; and by Alexander Rodnyansky and Sergei Bespalov and Stephen L’Hereux. Miller, The Weinstein Company’s Harvey and Bob Weinstein and Miramax’s Adam Fields will act as executive producers. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For was developed by Frank Miller based upon his graphic novel, with a screenplay by Frank Miller and Academy Award winner William Monahan (The Departed). The film is expected to begin production this summer at Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios in Austin, Texas.

Alexander Rodnyansky said, “We are delighted to continue our relationship with Robert Rodriguez and Quick Draw Productions. It is a rare opportunity to produce and finance a film with the high profile and enormous fan base of the Sin City franchise. AR FIlms will be managing worldwide sales of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, as well as Robert’s Machete Kills at the Cannes Film Festival in May.”

The original Sin City was brought to the screen by Rodriguez and Miller and released by Dimension in 2005, and proved to be a landmark step forward in filmmaking, breaking ground with immersive green screen to create its iconic stylish look. The first film, released on April 1, 2005, grossed over $160 million (US) worldwide and is a consistently strong home video and television performer.

“Audiences have been clamoring for Sin City 2 with Robert and Frank for a long time and trust me, it will be worth the wait,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company. “This will be my 11th collaboration with Robert in 16 years and he’s become a great friend. I look forward to continuing our long lasting relationship and partnering on more projects in the future.”

The deal was negotiated by Aaron Kaufman, Craig Emanuel of Loeb & Loeb and Robert Newman of WME on behalf of Rodriguez; David Glasser and Andrew Kramer on behalf of Dimension Films; Schuyler Moore of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan and Jere Hausfater on behalf of AR Films; Kenneth Keller and Garth Rosengren of Krieg, Keller, Sloan, Reilley & Roman and John LaViolette of Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman on behalf of Stephen L’Heureux and Solopsist Films; and Mark Lichtman and Neil Meyer and Allison Binder of Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson & Binder on behalf of Miller.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #106
Crockett
With Teeth

****ing finally, it feels like forever.

I'm excited to see the new stories Miller has come up with.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #107
The /
Side-Kick

Terrific news. I had given up hope that there would ever be a sequel. Very excited to see what they do with this one. So excited, in fact, that I feel like popping in the first film tonight. It's been a really long time since I've watched it. It says many of the original cast is expected to return. That was a rather large cast, though, so I hope there's no scheduling issues.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #108
Octoberist
point blank

I hope Depp is still attached (if that was even true in the first place)

Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #109
zeptron
Side-Kick

I'll believe it when a trailer comes out. This is like the third time they've "officially" went into production.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #110
Octoberist
point blank

And who knows, Robert might make a movie that I'll like. I swear, I haven't liked a film by him since maybe Grindhouse.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #111
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Cool news!! Hopefully after this and Machete Kills, Rodriguez can finally get started with Fire and Ice.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #112
Octoberist
point blank

I didn't like Machete at all. Or at least, I thought Hobo with a Shotgun and Black Dynamite were much stronger movies.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #113
Slushy
The Man

It took them long enough! Good grief, I was getting tired of waiting. I hope Robert can get back as many people from the first one as he can and the fact Miller is writing new stories just for this movie excites me even more!

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #114
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I didn't like Machete at all. Or at least, I thought Hobo with a Shotgun and Black Dynamite were much stronger movies.

I forget why I didn't like Machete. I think it had to do with the last act. Some of it was good but it doesn't reach the same level of parody.

I hope the long wait doesn't hurt the success of the film.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #115
Project862006
Banned User

apparently mel gibson and michelle willaims are being sought after for roles in sin city 2
http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/sin-...-frank-miller/

Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #116
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Eh. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit, but I'll probably see it.

The novelty of the first one wore off quick for me.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #117
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
apparently mel gibson and michelle willaims are being sought after for roles in sin city 2
http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/sin-...-frank-miller/
I think the writer was talking about Machete 2.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #118
Project862006
Banned User

ah my bad you are correct

Old 04-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #119
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Th Confused Re: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

"The script and details of the film’s story have been kept tightly under wraps."

Yeah. It's not like there's a graphic novel out there for everyone to read or anything...

Anyway, the first movie followed the original stories almost to the letter. I can't imagine them doing anything different here.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #120
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

I am really looking forward to this. Sin City is one of my favorite comic book films. This sequel is a long time coming.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #121
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

While my enthusiasm for the first movie has waned over the years, I did find myself really enjoying it on Blu-ray after buying it recently, and its still a good movie, so yeah, I am very happy with this announcement, and I hope they can improve on the first movie by adding a bit of substance as well as the style this time.

Rodriguez hasnt been his best lately, Machete was a bit dissapointing, so I hope he is back on the ball with SC2.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #122
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
I'll believe it when a trailer comes out. This is like the third time they've "officially" went into production.
Same here, knowing Rodriguez he'll probably end up making Spy Kids 5: the fart in your face edition.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #123
dark_b
Side-Kick

i would watch Mel Gibson in a sin city movie. but in machete kills? meh.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #124
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i don't care what anyone says, but Mel Gibson is awesome! hopefully he does take a role in Sin City 2

Old 04-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #125
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I loved A Dame to Kill for but Frank Miller's recent tirades against groups of people he clearly knows nothing about have made me pretty much lose any interest in anything remotely connected with him.

Plus, I also wasted about 20 minutes of my life watching some of The Spirit. I want that time back.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Closed Thread