The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #51
liveman789
Side-Punch

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982 View Post
Eh, sorta -- and no, I will not explain b/c it's honestly my least favorite part of the movie.
Ugh. between this,

the fact that they barely regard how Thor was able to go to Earth so easily,

and the fact that everyone accepts the existence of Thor, a alien god, immediately,

makes me a little upset. Whedon did cut 45 minutes out of the film, I'm sure some of that footage would have helped all these. Oh well, I'll still love it I'm sure.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #52
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

Bosef, wait! You can't leave me wondering like this, so Jane is in the movie? But it is your least favorite part... can you maybe explain a little more so I understand it? It is okay, you can spoil the whole scene for me I don't care. So is Natalie Portman in the movie?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #53
bonzob2000
Side-Kick

Agreed... I have no idea why the Thor/Jane thing is an issue, at all.

And I was making a joke about the insane specificity of the questions that are being asked. No offense toward Clevelanders intended, butthead.

I also don't get why comic book fans get so hung up on explanations for things. It's a comic book movie! We want great character moments, great action, high stakes, surprising storytelling. Explanations for minor story elements are deadly dull on screen.

If there was a scene where Fury and Selvig sat Thor down and made him explain in great detail exactly how he got to earth and how it is possible that he can exist, people would be falling asleep in the theater.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #54
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Ugh. between this,

the fact that they barely regard how Thor was able to go to Earth so easily,

and the fact that everyone accepts the existence of Thor, a alien god, immediately,

makes me a little upset. Whedon did cut 45 minutes out of the film, I'm sure some of that footage would have helped all these. Oh well, I'll still love it I'm sure.
C'mon man .... use the damn spoiler tags, jeeeez how hard is that????

Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #55
bosef982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post
Bosef, wait! You can't leave me wondering like this, so Jane is in the movie? But it is your least favorite part... can you maybe explain a little more so I understand it? It is okay, you can spoil the whole scene for me I don't care. So is Natalie Portman in the movie?
She is not

Two Films, One Review, No Holds Barred.
Comic books, fantasy, drama, romantic comedy -- all are put to task!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #56
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron77 View Post
Wow that sucks that its Loki...again. Seems like wasted potential with a movie of this scale.
IF Loki had died in Thor then that would have been wasted potential,Loki has been one of Avenger's biggest foe in the comics anyway and so it would almost be like IF WB made a Superman&Batman cross-over film But did not have both Lex&Joker as main villains!!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #57
liveman789
Side-Punch

Sorry. I didn't know I had to I thought this was the spoiler thread? I'll keep it in mind from now on, my bad.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #58
The Morningstar
Banned User

Why were people expecting anymore than quick references to the things in previous movies? This is it's own separate film, save some stuff for the next lot of solo movies. Otherwise you'd inevitably have people complaining that Avengers doesn't feel like it's own story with too many references to previous entries.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #59
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron77 View Post
Wow that sucks that its Loki...again. Seems like wasted potential with a movie of this scale.
Why? He has every reason to be the main protagonist in this after the events of Thor. Plus it adds emotional depth with Thor being in the team. Seems ideal to me. Plus I will never get tired of watching Hiddleston as Loki.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #60
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
Sorry. I didn't know I had to I thought this was the spoiler thread? I'll keep it in mind from now on, my bad.
It's the only thread we have for reviews right now so it's just etiquette so as to not ruin the movie for others.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #61
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
She is not
What the hell? How can Jane make a cameo if Portman is not in the movie?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #62
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, that could be why it sucks

Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
A picture or a reference to her is not possible?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #64
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
A picture or a reference to her is not possible?
Well no, because everything I am hearing it is a CAMEO. Like Jane actually appears. Oh god, I hope it wasn't a recast...

Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #65
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

I hope they didn't recast her

Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #66
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
I hope they didn't recast her
Natalie Portman as Jane. Jane apparently cameos in the movie, but Bosef says Portman isn't in the movie. Reportedly there was some controversy about Portman not wanting to be in Thor 2, so who knows...

Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #67
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

So some are actually upset that it's not explained in detail about how Thor makes it back to earth?,Loki mentioning that he knows Odin used his own powers to get Thor here is fine enough with me,They can&will likely go much more into details in Thor II how Thor can now travel to different realms again!!

Plus they will likely do comics&novels based on the film and explain stuff before the movie&stuff not shown(Thor&Odin)!

Last edited by LuisTX85; 04-12-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #68
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
So some are actually upset that it's not explained in detail about how Thor makes it back to earth?,Loki mentioning that he knows Odin used his own powers to get Thor here is fine enough with me,They can&will likely go much more into details in Thor II how Thor can now travel to different realms again!!
Yeah that's good enough for me as well.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #69
Flemm
Side-Kick

Oddly enough, the Feige interview that was just posted in the main thread actually seems to spoil the Jane cameo, at least in general terms.

He also says the entire cast is coming back for Thor 2, though. *whew*

Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #70
bosef982
Side-Kick

Ok. I'm spent. I think I've answered every conceivable question in the past 50 posts I've made. ENJOY GUYS!

Two Films, One Review, No Holds Barred.
Comic books, fantasy, drama, romantic comedy -- all are put to task!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #71
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Ok. I'm spent. I think I've answered every conceivable question in the past 50 posts I've made. ENJOY GUYS!
You answered when you didn't need to,Thank you and much appreciated it!!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #72
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Of all the crap that's going on, it's sad that that one little element was such a huge deal to you.
It's a big deal because it's an important plot and character moment that can't be glossed over...

Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #73
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock sexton View Post
of all the crap that's going on, it's sad that that one little element was such a huge deal to you.
lol.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #74
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It's a big deal because it's an important plot and character moment that can't be glossed over...
Who says it's important to this story?

Can't believe it "makes or breaks" the film for you. You'll write off the whole film because of this detail? What do you expect? A full scene with Thor and Jane? Never going to happen, considering Portman was unavailable because of pregnancy.

You've been searching for a negative spin on all this and the film isn't even released yet. It's quite shocking really.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #75
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post

No it isn't. Not in the real world.

Only in the minds of those trying to find fault.

Closed Thread