The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #76
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Who says it's important to this story?

Can't believe it "makes or breaks" the film for you. You'll write off the whole film because of this detail? What do you expect? A full scene with Thor and Jane? Never going to happen, considering Portman was unavailable because of pregnancy.

You've been searching for a negative spin on all this and the film isn't even released yet. It's quite shocking really.
Shocking? It's expected, i'd say.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #77
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982 View Post
Eh, sorta -- and no, I will not explain b/c it's honestly my least favorite part of the movie.
I'm trying to catch up on all the answered questions. Bit of an impossible mission but thanks a lot for doing this

Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #78
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
This was the one aspect that was make or break for me...the situation between Jane and Thor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron77 View Post
Wow that sucks that its Loki...again. Seems like wasted potential with a movie of this scale.
And...the turning of the fanboys starts before the movie even comes out???

I figured this would happen (it's happened for SM2, TDK, X2, what have you), but not so early.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #79
The Morningstar
Banned User

It's quite sad really. Especially when some have ulterior motives for being negative that aren't very subtle.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #80
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

The Jane/Thor aspect can make or break a movie about THE AVENGERS?!

Chill out!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #81
bosef982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It's a big deal because it's an important plot and character moment that can't be glossed over...
It can; it works, trust me

Now i'm off

Two Films, One Review, No Holds Barred.
Comic books, fantasy, drama, romantic comedy -- all are put to task!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #82
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Who says it's important to this story?

Can't believe it "makes or breaks" the film for you. You'll write off the whole film because of this detail? What do you expect? A full scene with Thor and Jane? Never going to happen, considering Portman was unavailable because of pregnancy.

You've been searching for a negative spin on all this and the film isn't even released yet. It's quite shocking really.

Hmmm. A guy with a tdk quote, a gl quote, and a tdkr quote repeatedly trying to find fault with the MCU and THE AVENGERS. Coincidence??? I think not. LOL.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #83
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

For those so worried about Thor&Jane,read this!!..http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor...erview/158942/

That problem seems it'll be solved in Thor II,Meanwhile...Focus on Thor kicking ass in the AVENGERS movie,Thor having some big scene with Jane(who he had only been with for 3 days)does not belong in this film!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #84
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Hmmm. A guy with a tdk quote, a gl quote, and a tdkr quote repeatedly trying to find fault with the MCU and THE AVENGERS. Coincidence??? I think not. LOL.
And that makes it even funnier.

Last edited by Gamma Burst; 04-12-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #85
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Yes, let's start another Marvel/DC war...sometimes I think they find it fun to put movies not associated with their...preccciooouuussss...down.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #86
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Regarding Jane - I think Kevin Feige let it slip how she's shown in The Avengers in his latest interview after the press screening ....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Feige: We start filming in three months, it’s well underway. Look, the way The Avengers is constructed, not a lot of time passes over the course of the movie and whether it’s Cap or Thor on the ground in the States here in modern day, they don’t have a lot of time to deal to deal with their own stories, they’ve gotta deal with the stories of The Avengers. So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane, who you just saw for a moment on a computer monitor

So she's there. But not there.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #87
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
For those so worried about Thor&Jane,read this!!..http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor...erview/158942/

That problem seems it'll be solved in Thor II,Meanwhile...Focus on Thor kicking ass in the AVENGERS movie,Thor having some big scene with Jane(who he had only been with for 3 days)does not belong in this film!!!
Ya and in that interview Feige puts to rest this notion that Thor and Jane were in love ....so rest easy guys, they'll get to explore that in the sequel.

Quote:
Feige: Well it’s sort of the crux of the whole sequel and it’s what Hemsworth is most excited about diving into, and it’s what is the heart of story; it’s Thor and Jane, to continue that dynamic. Really they were only together for three days, and do they love each other? Do they like each other? Do they know each other? We’re acknowledging that that love story in the first movie was sort of a quick crush, essentially, over the course of three quick days in the middle of the desert. And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Odin, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #88
Nevincer
Side-Kick

If Jane has been recast that's really lame. What can you do, though.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #89
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Regarding Jane - I think Kevin Feige let it slip how she's shown in The Avengers in his latest interview after the press screening ....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Feige: We start filming in three months, it’s well underway. Look, the way The Avengers is constructed, not a lot of time passes over the course of the movie and whether it’s Cap or Thor on the ground in the States here in modern day, they don’t have a lot of time to deal to deal with their own stories, they’ve gotta deal with the stories of The Avengers. So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane, who you just saw for a moment on a computer monitor

So she's there. But not there.
Wow, I hope that's true. Would be enough for me. I just want anything really, nothing at all would be a mistake.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #90
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Feige pretty much confirms no recast for Jane!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #91
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Feige pretty much confirms no recast for Jane!
Oh thank god. I was worried for a minute there. Mainly the fact that bosef claimed he didn't have much love for Thor, and the Jane thing still bothered him... so good thing there hasn't been a recast.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #92
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Yes, let's start another Marvel/DC war...sometimes I think they find it fun to put movies not associated with their...preccciooouuussss...down.
They didn't even wait till the film is released. Quick let's start The Dark Knight Rises flaming I jest of course, but still they could do with keeping quiet.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #93
ЯɘvlveR
vondruke

lol. what does jane have to do with all this? thor's not here on vacation. he's trying to get his brother back. bros before hoes, son.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #94
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
lol. what does jane have to do with all this? thor's not here on vacation. he's trying to get his brother back. bros before hoes, son.

Jane is better saved for the Thor sequel, I agree. With Loki as the main villain, the Thor-verse is already extremely well represented, in addition to Thor himself, of course.

I'm really glad to hear that Jane will play a big role in Thor 2, though. I felt like the actors really made that work, despite the somewhat rushed quality of it.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #95
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I agree they made it work,Now it could be even much better when having more work to with in the sequel!!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #96
Spider - Man
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It's the only thread we have for reviews right now so it's just etiquette so as to not ruin the movie for others.
here is the non-spoiler thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=381311

NOt much info but also won;t spoil it for you!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #97
Musty002
Side-Kick

ladies and gentlemen this is what we all been waiting for I present you the first review

4.5/5

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/marvel...RE0wqBQb1tQr36

Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #98
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
And that makes it even funnier.
What I find amazing is that rather than be off somewhere berating WB and DC for the monumental failure that was gl, he's here repeatedly trying to find fault with the MCU and THE AVENGERS.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #99
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Thumbs up Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musty002 View Post
ladies and gentlemen this is what we all been waiting for I present you the first review

4.5/5

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/marvel...RE0wqBQb1tQr36
GIFSoup

Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #100
Flemm
Side-Kick

Man, that sounds sooo epic lol.

Closed Thread