The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #101
warcam
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

"Renner does a decent job as Hawkman"

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #102
Musty002
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED) - Part 2

The first review from movieweb in case the site deletes it

'When you come to a project on a big scale as this, you have to breakdown on how you analytically approach it, especially when you have a reputation and everything is at stake' zipped Whedon. After a rip-roaring exclusive sneak preview aligned with the world premiere, entitled Shield's Secret Screenings.

The Avengers sets down straight after Captain America with Cap still trying to regain himself in the world as well as the rest of the crew of The Avengers doing what they do best, saving the world. Of course all of these little sneaky end of credit sequences all tie-in to this spectacular flick, like appetisers to the final course. But when an unknown enemy emerges. Its comes to the hands of Nick Fury to ensemble 'The Avengers Initiative.' When the world would need its saviours and heroes fighting one by one and side by side as THE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE as they head on to take down the villanious godlike tyrant that is LOKI... and his got an army...but we have a Hulk.

Now I really don't need to inform you of the spectacular acting capabilities at hand here, when you know the crew that have assembled. Every character has remained the same as they were in their solo installments. Tony Stark is still the playboy millionaire with a cheek and a devilish way of words that roar the audience in laughter. Steve Rogers is still trying to maintain himself from his cryo-statis and trying to regain himself in the world and figuring out his destiny. Thor is still Thor, and this is my favourite character of the duo, not just because Chris is a personal friend, but I just love his take on the character. Alas yes Renner does a decent job as Hawkman and Scarlett looks bootylicious and ready to kick ass, and despite the glamour to the superhero ensemble she has a fiery determined character. BUT and this is the HULKSMASH BUT... the film is stolen by its newest cast member to the fantastic superhero ensemble, Mark Ruffalo who finally brings THE HULK the fans have died for and awaited so long for, he overshadows Ferringo, smashes through Bana and leave Ed with nothing but a Norton... The Hulk in simple detail is the show stealer, and is just an extravaganza of destruction.

As we have praised Nolan for his transformation of DC's universe of Batman... Joss Whedon returns to define he is the equivalence of the Marvel universe and creates the most spectacular Marvel film ever made, which will now stand as the example for every Marvel film set for the future as, TDK has set the standards for the superhero film. Joss Whedon has created an orgy of superhero extravaganza for your eyes to feast on. The*action
*is out of this world.*

"This is something big and this is what we have all been working for... Myself and the rest of my fellow merry men, and to be part of that is just amazing, its a piece of film history in itself. Marvel are creating a franchise and a universe with its film universe much like they did with the comics." stated Tony Stark. Avengers is a piece of film history not only was I able to catch up with Tony Stark but a variety of other characters including the duo of godlike brothers Thor and Loki. "While we have yet to see the film, but we had a massive amount of fun on set and just listen to that energy, My god that is a roar of fans and that's what makes this moment worth everything" while Loi interjected stating "it really doesn't get any better than this." While having a snag chat "Loki believes he can bring some form of world peace by making the world grovel at his knees, he wasn't that badass in Thor, this shows what his truly capable of."*

As well I had to catch up with Chris who said "Its amazing, Joss really gets down to it, there is even a scene with the team dealing with problematic issues but you know obviously Thor has to lay down the law," as we winked off to sign autographs...While Chris Evans talked about Cap 2 with me, it is sounding interesting none to say the least and I thoroughly enjoyed Cap's first outing. But I had to catch all three peas in a pod to grill them. "Playing Nick Fury, his like Marvel's equivalent to Bond's M. but its amazing because your playing a character that you were the foundation for and that makes it all the more special, you get me." Before I could sink my teeth into the genius that is Joss Whedon, before me stood another genius, which our conversation started with the local phrase "Excelsior, young chap. This is truly remarkable and I don't think I've ever seen so much energy by the fans and this is truly something exhilarating."

"It's similar to making a comic but its just more visual and you have more frames, but when you approached a project as big as this, you have to break it down" the ginger genius said with glee. "It more than a movie its a continuation with a conclusion to continue the next array of marvel flicks. So essentially this is what the previous films have been so climatically built up to and we have to go all out. In which my history with Marvel is what got me here and Favereau's recommendation, since he turned it down. But apparently I was the fans favourite and I believe we have given the movie the fans deserve and desire."

Visually Avengers Assemble is a visual extravagance of pure orgy and climatic battle with some spectacular set pieces that would make Michael Bay grovel at the feet of Loki. The action sequences get better and better and the final sequence is exactly how a epic sequence should be utilising the power of today's effects with the visual glory of the mind of Whedon. The scene's just heighten to an amount of tension that will leave any fan boy excited to ultimate satisfaction, especially once the Hulk gets involved.

In overall Avengers Assemble is by far the most spectacular superhero ever made in terms of a visual extravagance, and is truly something that has been worth waiting for and its the Marvel equivalence to Nolan's Batman. In final words prepare for something that is truly indescribable as your theatres roars in applause... Joss Whedon has officially created every fan boy's dream.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #103
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Whedon even acknowledged that he took out the scene between Steve and Peggy, so I'm not sure why the lack of Thor and Jane is surprising.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #104
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #105
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So is Amanda Rhighetti actually in the movie or did that turn out to be false?

- CM Punk
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #106
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Whedon even acknowledged that he took out the scene between Steve and Peggy, so I'm not sure why the lack of Thor and Jane is surprising.
Was that scene ever filmed though or just written? I imagine it was cut before they filmed it.

- CM Punk
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #107
Chewy
REDACTED

It's just a fan review

Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #108
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musty002 View Post
ladies and gentlemen this is what we all been waiting for I present you the first review

4.5/5

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/marvel...RE0wqBQb1tQr36
AWESOME!!!!!!!

I'm confused though. At first I thought that reviews were embargoed till the 16th of April, then I heard May 2nd, and now this comes out today?!?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #109
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Was that scene ever filmed though or just written? I imagine it was cut before they filmed it.
Whedon didn't say, but I doubt they filmed it.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #110
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcam View Post
"renner does a decent job as hawkman"
lol

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #111
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
What? They took out Jane and Thor's scene? I'm boycotting the movie because of this. {sarcasm}

Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #112
TX85
Señor Zorro

Steve&Peggy scene was cut But isn't there still a scene where Steve some how finds out Peggy is still alive?I think it's in the first act and before the gym scene where Furry looks for him!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #113
Jheri Curl
Side-Kick

Embargoing reviews after this weekend is just pointless. There will be hundreds of random people around the country at these fan screenings who will flood spoilers and impressions onto the net by Sunday.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #114
Dr. Sid Jawtug
Banned User

I like that it's positive, but that was so poorly written.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #115
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musty002 View Post
ladies and gentlemen this is what we all been waiting for I present you the first review

4.5/5

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/marvel...RE0wqBQb1tQr36
Marvels equivalent to the dark knight.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #116
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So what about Amanda Righetti? Any truth to that?

- CM Punk
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #117
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post
Natalie Portman as Jane. Jane apparently cameos in the movie, but Bosef says Portman isn't in the movie. Reportedly there was some controversy about Portman not wanting to be in Thor 2, so who knows...
Good. I love Portman, but I did not like her in Thor. It happens sometimes. I love Christian Bale, but I despise him as Batman. I liked him far more in movies like 3:10 to Yuma and Public Enemy.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #118
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I just want to know what the Hell Tony's bracelets actually do!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #119
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I just want to know what the Hell Tony's bracelets actually do!!!
Quantum bands....he becomes Quasar

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #120
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

I hate this reviews comparison to tdk/nolanverse.

THE AVENGERS is a real comicbook superhero movie in a comicbook universe.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #121
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post

Nolan basically uses the comics for the characters and his movies are really just crime dramas. Marvel's movies are actually superhero movies. This suits me just fine since I like all of them, just in different ways.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #122
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:

Two thumbs up.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #123
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Somebody told me that Betty White is playing present day Peggy Carter. Confirm?

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #124
TX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Somebody told me that Betty White is playing present day Peggy Carter. Confirm?
Now that would be"Epic"right there!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #125
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:

Exactly. Marvel and even their partners have ALREADY topped and stayed ahead of TDK many times over. It's a silly comparison. The reviewer must be functioning under the false assumption that if he ties everything from the genre to Nolan that people will take him seriously. He failed.

Closed Thread