The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #76
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blader5489 View Post
Wow, talk about a total misreading.

Feige said their schedule would only bump up to three films a year depending on Wright's schedule. Meaning that Ant-Man is not already planned for release, 2014 or otherwise. Meaning that the May 2014 release that IS planned is something other than Ant-Man, the most likely candidate being Dr. Strange.

If Wright gets going in the next year or so, Marvel will have three films for 2014. If Wright doesn't, then they'll just have the two.
You're saying exactly what I'm saying.

If Wright comes through, 3 films happen in 2014.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #77
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

i also suspect (if it's ever actually happening) Runaways will also get this "antman" treatment, of causing 3 films in a year.

I think marvel should realistically bump this to 3 film a year slate anyway, for there smaller properties, and lesser known characters (especially those under the marvel knights labels)

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #78
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
We already know what thge after credit scene is though..
Yeah But there will likely be a 2nd after credits scene since there filming a secret new scene and I doubt it's being added to the regular film!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #79
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
You're saying exactly what I'm saying.

If Wright comes through, 3 films happen in 2014.
um dude, you've said twice you think Antman is the confirmed film for may...

[=]
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #80
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
um dude, you've said twice you think Antman is the confirmed film for may...
Um "dude" what I said was that if Wright came through - ANT-MAN will be the May release. If he doesn't, it'll probably be Doc Strange.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #81
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Suffering right with you man.
I feel like such an *******, some people have to wait weeks and I'm complaining about how long these last few hours feel. Haha.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #82
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Didnt joss say the fillming of another seen was untrue??
He said RDJ was just being RDJ But didn't actually says"it's all false"and now Rufallo confirmed it too and I doubt RDJ&Rufallo would both joke like that,Also not like Marvel haven't filmed a new scene shortly before release!!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #83
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Um "dude" what I said was that if Wright came through - ANT-MAN will be the May release. If he doesn't, it'll probably be Doc Strange.
which still doesn't make sense. They've stated they already have the May film picked.. which cancels it out ever being Antman. Not to mention May is the month most studios pic as one of the most important block buster months to choose as a film. Most successful blockbusters have been in may, it's considered a prize position.

Antman has thus far not been considered a tent-poled "block buster" type of summer film, but a smaller one. It'd be suicide for them to give him a May release, up against all the other studios films.

[=]
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #84
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I feel like such an *******, some people have to wait weeks and I'm complaining about how long these last few hours feel. Haha.
GIFSoup

Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #85
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

So I take it that this additional scene that RDJ was talking about was for The Avengers? That means that the GA will get an extra scene that wasn't shown at the premiere? That's flippin SWEET! May 3rd/4th can't get here soon enough!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #86
The Watcher
Otherwordly Witness

Lol, then those who saw the film at the premiere will have to see it again to view this extra scene.

Meaning more money.

Although I'd expect most of them to go for a second viewing after the reaction the film got.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #87
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Reading back at RDJ confirming it he mentions the cast&grew going back to film it,So IF it's the cast I doubt it's to set up a solo sequel!!So I'm guessing it could be a team scene like..

The Avengers being at Stark Tower as Furry calls them to turn on a TV screen and it's a reporter with people in the streets who are thankful to them for saving them&a person refers to them as"Earth's Mightiest Heroes"..Which makes the team feeling proud&special(as Tony smirks big in a co*cky way and Steve looks at him irritated But then smiles&shakes Tony's hands)

But eh they could have easily filmed that long ago for the ending!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #88
The Watcher
Otherwordly Witness

It can't be the whole team as Thor's gone to Asgard.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #89
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
He said RDJ was just being RDJ But didn't actually says"it's all false"and now Rufallo confirmed it too and I doubt RDJ&Rufallo would both joke like that,Also not like Marvel haven't filmed a new scene shortly before release!!
Didn't they film the AC scene for Captain America like two months before release? I know that it was shortly before release, but not sure exactly.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #90
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

"I'm not overly fond of what follows..."

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #91
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

At this point, I think it's a toss up if this extra scene exists or not,
We will just have to see .
I wouldnt bank on it for sure yet though .

Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #92
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
which still doesn't make sense. They've stated they already have the May film picked.. which cancels it out ever being Antman. Not to mention May is the month most studios pic as one of the most important block buster months to choose as a film. Most successful blockbusters have been in may, it's considered a prize position.

Antman has thus far not been considered a tent-poled "block buster" type of summer film, but a smaller one. It'd be suicide for them to give him a May release, up against all the other studios films.

There's nothing to indicate Dr. Strange is being considered a tentpole, either. I luh-huv Doc Strange, and I hope the movie is the fx-travaganza it deserves to be, but you're talking about a very low tier Marvel character who very, very few of the GA have ever heard of.

I'd say Ant-Man is about as likely to get the tentpole treatment as Dr. Strange is. Either movie will likely require a ****load of visual fx.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #93
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

A MCU expansion tease would be nice,Perhaps Tony goes over towards Bruce who is checking something on his computer and asks what Banner is checking out..Who talks about a great scientist who he's heard about having an interesting power,Tony asks what is it and Bruce replies"Well what do you think about the size of an ant?"

Same thing could be done for a Dr.Strange tease!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #94
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's nothing to indicate Dr. Strange is being considered a tentpole, either. I luh-huv Doc Strange, and I hope the movie is the fx-travaganza it deserves to be, but you're talking about a very low tier Marvel character who very, very few of the GA have ever heard of.
The same was true of Iron Man before 2008

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #95
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

A Wakandan tease would be A-OK with me

Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #96
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Yep, think I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one

Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #97
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:

I'd say Ant-Man is about as likely to get the tentpole treatment as Dr. Strange is. Either movie will likely require a ****load of visual fx.
Yeah, Dr. Strange is about as recognizable as GR before he got his movie over at Sony, and unless Marvel can get a big name (such as Depp) for the role of Stephen Strange, I think a May release is out of the question. Same thing goes for Ant-Man.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #98
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
The same was true of Iron Man before 2008

I keep hearing people say that about Iron Man and Captain America and Thor, and it continues to boggle the mind. The Avengers' "Big Three" have been at the forefront of Marvel marketing since 1963 (at least), and they have always been ranked among Marvel's heaviest hitters and a nearly continuous run in the comics over the last five decades (barring the occasional "temporary death" or two).

Dr. Strange, otoh, has had limited success as a comic book, and really was only popular in the 60s and 70s. A whole generation of Marvel fans grew up not even knowing who he was, until Bendisvengers resurrected him.

Ant-Man, of course, is so far down the totem pole that he really never even had his own comic, other than some shared issues of a Marvel anthology pulp in the pre-Avenger days and, more recently, a short-run "Irredeemable Ant-Man" series (that had nothing to do with either Hank Pym *or* Scott Lang).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #99
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Comic fans knew who Iron Man was. I doubt even a small percentage of the GA did tho

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #100
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't personally pick either for a tent pole film. I also think itd be better to separate strange and antman into different release years.

Guardians, inhumans, heroes for hire, black panther, hulk, fan 4, namor, hercules, runaways, however..... I think could easily be tentpoles

[=]
Closed Thread