The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #101
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Comic fans knew who Iron Man was. I doubt even a small percentage of the GA did tho
I think they knew of him. His look and name. But nothing else.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #102
djKiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I'm on overload today, so much Avengers goodness

Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #103
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I think they knew of him. His look and name. But nothing else.
Not around here mate. Comics do ok in the UK and yet before 2008 I'd not seen one reference in any general media to Iron Man (or Green Lantern for another similar level eg) or even heard another person say his name in my life.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #104
liveman789
Side-Punch

When I was a little kid, I had this Iron Man action figure that I regarded to as "Turbo Man" as in the superhero from Jingle all the Way.

I didn't know who Iron Man was until I was like 10. I'm 20 now.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #105
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Not around here mate. Comics do ok in the UK and yet before 2008 I'd not seen one reference in any general media to Iron Man (or Green Lantern for another similar level eg) or even heard another person say his name in my life.

For better or worse, comic book superheroes are still by and large an American phenomenon. Doesn't surprise me that Europeans hadn't heard of Iron Man or Green Lantern prior to the movies; but in America? Shooooot.

Here's a quick rundown of Iron Man in pop culture via Wiki, and a huge chunk of that is pre-2008:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_in_other_media

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #106
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

"I'm not overly fond of what follows..."
Clearly Thor has just landed on the wing.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #107
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post
When I was a little kid, I had this Iron Man action figure that I regarded to as "Turbo Man" as in the superhero from Jingle all the Way.

LOL.

I used to think Iceman and Silver Surfer were brothers.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #108
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Wait, the end credit scene has been spoiled already? If so someone let me know!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #109
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Suffering right with you man.
for some peps here, they have to w8 3 weeks...
so u guys need to tone down the whining lol...

Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #110
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
For better or worse, comic book superheroes are still by and large an American phenomenon. Doesn't surprise me that Europeans hadn't heard of Iron Man or Green Lantern prior to the movies; but in America? Shooooot.

Here's a quick rundown of Iron Man in pop culture via Wiki, and a huge chunk of that is pre-2008:

It's true, because of the nature of my job I talk to a lot of US guys and the difference is obvious. You guys have grown up with it around you (whether a fan or not) while most other countries have had it seeped through much more slowly and then with a strong emphasis on the biggest names.

Holding a conversation with most of my friends about who is actually in the Avengers and which are Marvel/DC or Fox/Sony etc becomes too painful even now that all these films are so big.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #111
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Regarding this extra scene, I just want to point everybody's attention to this tweet from Edgar Wright...
Quote:
Was just back behind the camera for the first time in nearly two years. Can't say on what, but it was cool...
He was at the premiere last night. Feige said we'll hear something about his Ant-Man film sooner than we think.

Could these pieces be coming together?

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #112
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

A closer look at that list reveals only few cartoon guest spots and two short lived animated series right up until the 2008 movie, aside from the 60's cartoon. Oh and some video games and a few action figures. That is by no means widespread lol. give it up.

The publics only real exposure to the name is the Sabbath song and that's not even about the same character.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 04-13-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #113
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_rob View Post
LOL.

Same. I also used to think Wolverine's name was X-Man.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #114
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Regarding this extra scene, I just want to point everybody's attention to this tweet from Edgar Wright...

He was at the premiere last night. Feige said we'll hear something about his Ant-Man film sooner than we think.

Could these pieces be coming together?
You know, it would be freaking ridiculous if it turns out they're filming a scene where Stark introduces Banner to Hank Pym and he's played by Nathan Fillion.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #115
LuisTX85
Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
You know, it would be freaking ridiculous if it turns out they're filming a scene where Stark introduces Banner to Hank Pym and he's played by Nathan Fillion.
What's so bad about Fillion?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #116
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:

Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #117
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveman789 View Post

Quote:
That's brilliant.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #118
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
What's so bad about Fillion?

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #119
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL.

Don't forget their hillbilly cousin Crystar!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #120
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
Don't forget their hillbilly cousin Crystar!

Looks more like their flaming homosexual cousin.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #121
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
I still hear people call him x-man

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #122
LuisTX85
Z

Quote:
Don't do that ****,Excuse me for not being good at or caring for sarcasm,You made it sound like it was a bad thing as that's what"ridiculous" usually mean,You can could have easily said"it would be so awesome"or something to the effect!!!!

People use that facepalm(including that over-used Captain Picard pic)expression way too f'n much!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #123
liveman789
Side-Punch

Quote:

"I'm not overly fond of what follows..."

I absolutely love...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Thor's entrance into the film. Freakin epic. It's like a tease. Thunder and lightning? Oh sh**, Thor is coming...

Old 04-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #124
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
People use that facepalm(including that over-used Captain Picard pic)expression way too f'n much!
People only hate the Picard pic when it's used on them. LOL. Otherwise it never gets old.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #125
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
A closer look at that list reveals only few cartoon guest spots and two short lived animated series right up until the 2008 movie, aside from the 60's cartoon. Oh and some video games and a few action figures. That is by no means widespread lol. give it up.

The publics only real exposure to the name is the Sabbath song and that's not even about the same character.
This.

Closed Thread