Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
:eek:
Side-Kick

Default The Man in the High Castle

Philip K. Dick Adaptation The Man in the High Castle Adds Luke Kleintank

Source: Deadline
August 28, 2014

"Bones" and "Pretty Little Liars" star Luke Kleintank has taken a leading role in the long-gestating Ridley Scott-produced adaptation of Philip K. Dick's iconic novel, "The Man in the High Castle." Deadline reports that he'll play a character named Joe Blake.

The original novel, published in 1962, is set in an alternate history where the Axis powers won the Second World War due to a 1933 assassination of Franklin D. Roosevelt (based on the historical attempt by Giuseppe Zangara, who wound up murdering Chicago's then-Mayor Anton Cermak instead).

Blake, who does not appear in the novel, is said to be a New York City-based member of a resistance cell.

Frank Spotnitz ("The X-Files") is writing the pilot and executive producing with David Semel ("Legends") set to direct. Originally planned as a four-hour miniseries, "The Man in the High Castle" is now going into development through Amazon Studios' third annual pilot launch.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
:eek:
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Man in the High Castle

Oopd. Put this in the wrong forum. Should be in the TV-forum. Sorry