The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #26
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: The Office Season 7 - - Part 2

Jim managing new people and a few old faces, please.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #27
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

The thing about that is I really doubt Krasinski is coming back on a regular basis.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'd only be even slightly interested with an Office 2.0 if the boss was the straight man type.

If it's going to another instance of "Hey, let's just make this character Michael Scott", I'll pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Jim managing new people and a few old faces, please.
Agreed, though I'd argue that even Jim is too wacky to pull off what Sawyer is suggesting. They'd need a Jason Bateman type.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #29
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Agreed, though I'd argue that even Jim is too wacky to pull off what Sawyer is suggesting. They'd need Jason Bateman.
Fixed.

But I'm past that pipe dream. I just want to smother The Office with a pillow at this point.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #30
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I was thinking either Bateman or Jason Sudeikis.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #31
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't want Sudeikis because I think that he has a lot of potential. Bateman could walk onto The Office 2.0, do one season, have the show bomb terribly and that would be that. His career would go on.

Sudeikis on the other hand....he's not yet established himself at that level where he could survive a huge bomb (which I think that an Office reboot would be). I'd rather see him get something his own, that he could craft and build a career on.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Anyone is better than Katherine Tate.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #33
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

They are reusing the Michael quitting storyline with Andy? He even took the receptionist with him! What's next? Is he going to start the Andy Bernard Paper Company?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #34
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I'm kinda glad they brought the Andy anger management thing, which has been pretty much ignored since the first time it came up.

Still a ****** episode, though.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #35
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I watched last week's episode last night. It was terrible. The story with Andy I was just cringing. It felt they were trying to force a Bridesmaid vibe/reference with the party and Ellie Kemper being there. Andy saying he's gay because he's too much of a coward to break up with his girlfriend was stupid, just a bad attempt to get some laughs.

The story with Nellie wasn't actually that bad, felt kind of sorry for her. But at the same time, it's basically turning her into Michael. I mean, if Michael Scott was the one replacing her, it's him talking about Jan leaving him. Same thing with Jim trying to be a good guy.

I hated how mean-spirited and nasty everyone was at that party. They have no real reason to hate Nellie so much other than she's annoying.

The writers don't know what to do anymore.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #36
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I watched last week's episode last night. It was terrible. The story with Andy I was just cringing. It felt they were trying to force a Bridesmaid vibe/reference with the party and Ellie Kemper being there. Andy saying he's gay because he's too much of a coward to break up with his girlfriend was stupid, just a bad attempt to get some laughs.

The story with Nellie wasn't actually that bad, felt kind of sorry for her. But at the same time, it's basically turning her into Michael. I mean, if Michael Scott was the one replacing her, it's him talking about Jan leaving him. Same thing with Jim trying to be a good guy.

I hated how mean-spirited and nasty everyone was at that party. They have no real reason to hate Nellie so much other than she's annoying.

The writers don't know what to do anymore.
What's bizarre about it is how inconsistent they are being. The characters hate Nellie so much that they would put together that mean spirited party, yet this week they were following her commands (which helped her solidify Andy's ousting) without second thought. The week she took over, she did so by getting all of the employees to support her. It is very inconsistent.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #37
marvelman2006
Banned User

How about it ticks me off that I cant even suspend disbalief in some chick could walk off the street and sit down in a managers office and majically become an employee and manager without someone even saying "what are you doing get outta here". Maybe I will just walk into NSA and sit down in the directors chair and declare myself the director.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #38
Greens
Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelman2006 View Post
How about it ticks me off that I cant even suspend disbalief in some chick could walk off the street and sit down in a managers office and majically become an employee and manager without someone even saying "what are you doing get outta here". Maybe I will just walk into NSA and sit down in the directors chair and declare myself the director.
This. I hate Nellie, and I think it's weird she can just sit there and become manager. The only funny thing about this episode was Dwight.

Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #39
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I chuckled at the Ryan stuff.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #40
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

The way Andy was treated pissed me off. Though, his firing happened after everyone left, so perhaps they will be discouraged in the next episode? Eh, probably not since he flipped, but he had every right to IMO.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #41
marvelman2006
Banned User

Plus the part that really tipped me over the edge was nellie told robert no but andy couldnt? Im not a lawyer but if this was the real world he would have a great case for a lawsuit. If I was in the postion I would have flipped out too because the branch wasnt looking for a new manager or unhappy with andy. The man took a few days off and he looses his job? As a viewer watching a comedy show Im not laughing and I shouldnt be mad ethier afterwards. I just dont like katherine tate and I dont know what the writers fascination is with her ethier.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Nellie is morally reprehensible. A nasty, rotten character bringing down the show by her presence (Something I'd normally roll my eyes at such a statement) in addition to the fixation she's the next Michael Scott...in the minds of the writers/showrunners.

Key difference. Michael, though a buffoon at times, was kind. His heart was always in the right place. Everything he did was out of his loneliness and desperate need for acceptance. Never out of spite. The show also made a point to show why he hadn't been fired because the office run efficiently under his watch and was a brillaint salesman.

Have we seen any of this from Nellie? Besides the half-assed, force-fed "But she had a bad boyfriend and she didn't mean to cause Andy harm?" Nope. Just what a weasel she is for throwing Packer to the wolves for her project instead of taking responsibility and forcing herself on the main group by literally acting like my 3 year old niece and refusing to leave the office and stealing Andy's job.

The Office was already terrible this season but in a "I've missed a half-dozen episodes but could still watch a new one if I was bored enough" sense. But seeing more of this with Nellie is the breaking "That's it. I wash my hands of this show completely" point.

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-20-2012 at 10:20 AM.
FilmNerdJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #43
marvelman2006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Nellie is morally reprehensible. A nasty, rotten character bringing down the show by her presence (Something I'd normally roll my eyes at such a statement) in addition to the fixation she's the next Michael Scott...in the minds of the writers/showrunners.

Key difference. Michael, though a buffoon at times, was kind. His heart was always in the right place. Everything he did was out of his loneliness and desperate need for acceptance. Never out of spite. The show also made a point to show why he hadn't been fired because the office run efficiently under his watch and was a brillaint salesman.

Have we seen any of this from Nellie? Besides the half-assed, force-fed "But she had a bad boyfriend and she didn't mean to cause Andy harm?"
Nope. Just what a weasel she is for throwing Packer to the wolves for her project instead of taking responsibility and forcing herself on the main group by literally acting like my 3 year old niece and refusing to leave the office and stealing Andy's job.

The Office was already terrible this season but in a "I've missed a half-dozen episodes but could still watch a new one if I was bored enough" sense. But seeing more of this with Nellie is the breaking "That's it. I wash my hands of this show completely" point.

This, I couldnt have said it better. I have watched this show since the pilot and I wont lie but since jim and pams marriage the show really has felt flat and with no purpose or direction and sometimes there storylines dont make sense like sabre store closing, dunder mifflin being bought by sabre. I really think this season should just be it and maybe if its not too late promote it as such and bring michael back in the finale for a cameo. Its amazing no one has jumped ship like carrell did.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #44
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelman2006 View Post
Its amazing no one has jumped ship like carrell did.
Well, Spader quit.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #45
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

FilmNerdJaime, you pretty much nailed it. I did feel sorry for Nellie's story, but it doesn't entitle her to act like a ***** having done what she's done. I don't know what the writers see in Tate. Who knows if it's her or what she has to work with, which is clearly garbage. All of us could come up with better stories than they have.

It's sad. I always used to think a show should go on too long than end too soon because of shows like Arrested Development and Spectacular Spider-Man ending far too early. However, this is just unbearable. Scrubs' forced final season wasn't this bad.

The other main cast was signed on until this year. Rainn Wilson is getting his spin-off, Mindy Kaling is gone for her show, Ed Helms is going to be on that, too. I'm sure Novak, Krasinski and Fisher will be leave as well. That pretty much only leaves the secondary cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What's bizarre about it is how inconsistent they are being. The characters hate Nellie so much that they would put together that mean spirited party, yet this week they were following her commands (which helped her solidify Andy's ousting) without second thought. The week she took over, she did so by getting all of the employees to support her. It is very inconsistent.
I guess whatever works for that episode is what they go with.

Last edited by Spidey-Bat; 04-20-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Helms isn't on Kaling's show, he is just guest starring in the pilot, right?

My guess is that NBC will throw insane amounts of money at Krasinski, Fischer and Helms and they will all be back. Plus the Dwight spin-off is a mid-season replacement and Wilson confirmed he'll be on The Office for at least half of the season (and if the Dwight spin-off fails or doesn't get picked up he'll probably stay on).

NBC has nothing else. The fact that The Office brings in about 5 million a week is phenomenal as most of their other shows are in a dead heat with whatever junk is playing on CW. They have to do whatever they can to keep it alive.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #47
marvelman2006
Banned User

Its weird to me because carrell leaves to do more movies but he hasnt done anything since, he pretty much plays depressed guys in movies. If I was Ed Helms or Kransinki I would leave and not think twice.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #48
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Spader should go play Hannibal Lector in NBC's Hannibal series as they've yet to cast that role.

Half the cast will jump ship either during the summer or likely in November for sweeps.
NBC has a lot of CBS-like multi-camera sitcoms in the works for the fall and I expect their Thursday night lineup to look a lot different with maybe The Office only staying and NBC hoping that their new multi-cameras can bring more viewers in to sample the rebooted Office.

The existing Thursday shows will either be saved as midseason replacements (Community/Parks and Rec) while 30 Rock will be shuffled off to another new night of comedy. It wouldn't surprise me if The Office moved to the 8/7c timeslot. It provides a better anchor for the night and having a new sitcom go up against Big Bang/The X-Factor hasn't worked.

CBS will be expanding their comedy block with 2 Broke Girls coming to Thursdays with a new comedy. NBC has to do something and their current lineup isn't doing it. Fox is also expanding their comedy block to two hours on Tuesday, ABC may do the same thing.

So while NBC and CBS were once the only two networks with live action comedies going (single camera at NBC, multi-camera at CBS), Fox and ABC have caught up and NBC's viewership has continued to erode. The viewers have spoken with The Office tying last week's series low in the demo and a new series low in viewers.

They reuse storylines worse than 24 did, but at least they would have a great action sequence to throw in - here they have boner jokes.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #49
marvelman2006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Well, Spader quit.

I dont really consider that a major thing though because I never expected him to stay this long anyway.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #50
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Spader should go play Hannibal Lector in NBC's Hannibal series as they've yet to cast that role.
I don't know: that would require Spader to be less creepy.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote