The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #51
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Office Season 7 - - Part 2

The only ones who haven't re-upped new deals (yet) are Krasinski and Helms.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #52
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Helms isn't on Kaling's show, he is just guest starring in the pilot, right?

My guess is that NBC will throw insane amounts of money at Krasinski, Fischer and Helms and they will all be back. Plus the Dwight spin-off is a mid-season replacement and Wilson confirmed he'll be on The Office for at least half of the season (and if the Dwight spin-off fails or doesn't get picked up he'll probably stay on).

NBC has nothing else. The fact that The Office brings in about 5 million a week is phenomenal as most of their other shows are in a dead heat with whatever junk is playing on CW. They have to do whatever they can to keep it alive.
It sounded like Helms' character would be recurring or at least frequent guest appearances. Can't say I care either way, I'm done after this season.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #53
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Spader should go play Hannibal Lector in NBC's Hannibal series as they've yet to cast that role.

Half the cast will jump ship either during the summer or likely in November for sweeps.
NBC has a lot of CBS-like multi-camera sitcoms in the works for the fall and I expect their Thursday night lineup to look a lot different with maybe The Office only staying and NBC hoping that their new multi-cameras can bring more viewers in to sample the rebooted Office.

The existing Thursday shows will either be saved as midseason replacements (Community/Parks and Rec) while 30 Rock will be shuffled off to another new night of comedy. It wouldn't surprise me if The Office moved to the 8/7c timeslot. It provides a better anchor for the night and having a new sitcom go up against Big Bang/The X-Factor hasn't worked.

CBS will be expanding their comedy block with 2 Broke Girls coming to Thursdays with a new comedy. NBC has to do something and their current lineup isn't doing it. Fox is also expanding their comedy block to two hours on Tuesday, ABC may do the same thing.

So while NBC and CBS were once the only two networks with live action comedies going (single camera at NBC, multi-camera at CBS), Fox and ABC have caught up and NBC's viewership has continued to erode. The viewers have spoken with The Office tying last week's series low in the demo and a new series low in viewers.

They reuse storylines worse than 24 did, but at least they would have a great action sequence to throw in - here they have boner jokes.
One of NBC's main problems is that in recent years, they have relied too much on Sunday Night Football. That is their only strength of their entire programming schedule for the fall. NBC needs to change that. They can't have one day of the year for 16-18 weeks be a significant strength for them.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #54
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What's bizarre about it is how inconsistent they are being. The characters hate Nellie so much that they would put together that mean spirited party, yet this week they were following her commands (which helped her solidify Andy's ousting) without second thought. The week she took over, she did so by getting all of the employees to support her. It is very inconsistent.
If I were Andy, I'd consider everyone at the office to be a bunch off a-holes.

NONE of them had his back after all these years and didn't do or say anything even though they knew it was wrong.

You could argue that Andy deserved no help for lashing out again BUT, he had every right to spaz out when some random b**** comes into his office, sits down and declares herself the boss...and everyone's fine with it.

In real life, id leave that gig with a one finger salute to everyone...followed by a lawsuit and get that branch shut down.

...yeah Andys treatment in this episode got me pretty heated, lol.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #55
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
One of NBC's main problems is that in recent years, they have relied too much on Sunday Night Football. That is their only strength of their entire programming schedule for the fall. NBC needs to change that. They can't have one day of the year for 16-18 weeks be a significant strength for them.
Their problem is they don't have enough programming that would appeal to the SNF viewer. The Sing Off? The Voice? Smash? Harry's Law? Parenthood? Prime Suspect? Biggest Loser? Fashion Star?

You may interest some guys in The Playboy Club, but here's an idea don't put that up against Monday Night Football.

Whitney? Chelsea? Maybe. But the execution wasn't great when audiences first tuned in.

Now they did try the action/sci-fi route with Chase, Undercovers and The Event. But along with L&O: LA it has been the execution of the shows that has let them down the most. You can do a decent pilot, but no shows are growing or stabilizing, they all shrink as the season goes on.

Heroes grew into a Best Drama nominated huge hit but creatively spiraled out, basically it opened a black hole at NBC that sucks away viewers.
Look at the The Office which peaked a couple of seasons ago and is shedding viewers. Then NBC picks up shows that are great and are executed well but they're too niche (Community, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock in its prime).

This year they've had success with SNF from September to December. From February on Mondays have been great with The Voice/Smash and Fridays have done okay since Grimm premiered in the last week of October. Every other night, every time slot has taken a hit. They have two massive leaks on Wednesdays/Thursdays and Tuesday needs attention. Mondays in the fall also needs work.

The good thing is that they have a lot of shows that could turn things around but again its execution. But at this point so few people watch NBC primetime its hard to let people know shows like Bent are out there. And when they have multi-cameras replace single camera comedies this fall you're going to lose most of that single camera audience to Fox and ABC.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #56
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i hate Nellie so damn much!!!!

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #57
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

That episode was horrid.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #58
DrDoom
Dictator

I DID ENJOY RYANS POEM.

AND PAM/JIMS REACTION TO IT

-DOOM

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #59
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

That episode was bad. My sympathy for Nellie went out the window. Robert California is such a ****** character. He was supposed to be this fascinating, intimidating figure like we saw in last year's finale. Instead he's a passive aggressive dumbass. "I'm giving your job to the woman who just simply took it from you without anyone's permission."

Then the 10 min of penis jokes was just stupid, reminds me of middle school.

Everything that happens has no point anymore because it just gets discarded the following week.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #60
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I DID ENJOY RYANS POEM.

AND PAM/JIMS REACTION TO IT

-DOOM
That was really the only good part but you had to wait about 27 min to get it. It's looking more and more like I'll have to forget that this season aired and just think Office ended the episode Michael left.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #61
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

More laziness by the writers, almost every character has left Dundler Mifflin Scranton at one point via firing, quitting or transferring.
Soon to be added Robert California and Kelly.

QUIT
Josh Porter
Martin Nash
Hannah Smoterich-Barr
Dwight
Michael
Pam
Toby
The Warehouse Employees
Erin

FIRED
Devon White
Tony
Roy
Jan
Ryan
Charles Miner
David Wallace
Deangelo Vickers
Jordan Garfield
Packer
Andy

TRANSFERRED
Jim
Karen
Holly

STAYED
Oscar
Stanley
Angela
Meredith
Phyllis
Creed
Kevin
Hank, security guard

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #62
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Stanley was fake fired.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #63
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

While his appearance was a bit random (being as he lives in New York and everything), David Wallace's cameo gave some nice, long overdue closure to the character. This episode isn't bad with the exception of the shoehorned in Nellie subplot (learning what a taco is....how random).

None the less, it feels like a recycled Michael plot. Couldn't you just see Michael being at a fundraiser like this, seeing someone else (whom he despises) get attention so he does something ridiculously over the top (adopt ten dogs)?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #64
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

It was good to see David Wallace again. Reminded me of the good times with Michael.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #65
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

I have to say other than Kevin being Kevin I enjoyed this episode.The opening was pretty funny.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #66
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I do enjoy the fights between Pam and Ryan. It's entertaining.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #67
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

I just love seeing Ryan making an ass out of himself.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #68
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

It is like the cold opens are written by an entirely different team of writers.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #69
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Yeah the cold opens have lately been a lot funnier than the actual show.My favorite recent one is probably the Closing Time one.Stanley singing was priceless.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #70
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

It's probably easier for the current writers to come up with a 1-2 minute little scenario than it is for them to actually put any thought into creating a cohesive 22 minute story that also needs to be funny.

If they could just make every episode a series of 1-2 minute cold opens taking place in the office, instead of having to craft a single story, I'm sure we'd have a much funnier show on our hands.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #71
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Anybody else notice Champion from Parks and Rec in the group of dogs that Andy adopted?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #72
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Nellie still sucks.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #73
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

best parts about this episode was seeing David Wallace again and Dwight making an ass out of himself with the bids, LOL

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #74
marvelman2006
Banned User

I liked dwights bit but this show has really lost the magic and I keep waiting for michael to show up thinking hes on hiatus filming a movie.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #75
Greens
I'm wasted!

Kinda liked this episode more than the last few. Nellie was incredibly unfunny as usual, but Jim, Ryan, Kevin and Dwight had some good moments.

Greens is offline   Reply With Quote