The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #101
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Default Re: What If the glasses are gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Well, they could always go with Plan B:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #102
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think its definitely going to be like Earth One and at the end he will officially join the Daily Planet and adopt his disguise glasses and all.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #103
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
what's unrecognizable? I recognize everything just fine. Everything "superman" related thus far. And we really haven't been shown much at all. I agree about wanting a new and improved story, but u have to shake the boat a bit.

You don't need lex luthor or a different hair color for an actress to achieve a story thats interesting. Thats close-minded. Amy adams is the best actress they've ever had in a superman movie. And one of the best going today when you look at all the comic-book films coming out.

There's plenty of great villains to put in these movies. You do not need lex luthor. You'll probably get him in the 2nd or 3rd movie and the build will be better for it. Hell, they can go 4 movies without the damn character and still pump out cool ****. General zod, brainiac, darkseid, doomsday off the top of my head could alllll be done before we see lex next. Won't happen but the point is..some things have to change. Or everything becomes repetitive.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #104
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

Okay, I'm officially taking my hands off this all. I'm just incredibly unhappy with the way they seem to be taking. I feel like they're all but messing up a good character. I can take a lot, but Clark without glasses is one bridge too far....

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Old 04-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #105
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaratoiel View Post
Okay, I'm officially taking my hands off this all. I'm just incredibly unhappy with the way they seem to be taking. I feel like they're all but messing up a good character. I can take a lot, but Clark without glasses is one bridge too far....
I agree... But we don't know that at all... In fact I'm all but sure he WILL have glasses by the end of this film.

Believe me, if they decide to go for some other stupid disguise, I'll be right with you.

But all this worry is coming just because we haven't seen an image of him with glasses yet, not because it's confirmed they're gone.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #106
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I believe he'll wear them.

I have a funny feeling in my water...

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #107
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

There's really no reason why they should ditch them, but only build upon the disguise, meaning glasses, posture, movement, rhetorics(acting), voice pitch, clothing etc.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #108
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
My personal opinion is that this is a nod to Smallville in a way, he won't be sporting the glasses until the very end.
That would be stupid.

Smallville wasn't even consistent with the glasses when they used them.

Case in point:

Old 04-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #109
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I think Superman Returns did a better job than any other at showing why people don't lump Superman in the same category with Clark. When Richard pointed out the similarities Clark just acted like his disguise and gave a goofy wave and all suspicions flew out the window. It is not just the glasses that throw people off; if anything the glasses are just the most obvious representation of the Clark Kent persona.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #110
Rockstar
Banned User

Superman Returns did it best because Routh played the DP Clark Kent disguise as a quiet, shy, loner. He fit the stereotype of someone from a small town out of place in Metropolis.

Reeve was too slapstick with the role.

Cavill's lack of glasses and a disguise worries me. Especially if he's walking about Metropolis and Smallville without the disguise.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #111
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
That would be stupid.

Smallville wasn't even consistent with the glasses when they used them.

Case in point:

They secretly mind-wiped everyone/retconned stuff while trying to not bring attention to it.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #112
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I bet there'll be some stage where he realizes he need's the disguise, and avoids meeting the prominent figures who will come to know him best. I bet that part where Clark's riding around on the bike with no glasses is BEFORE he becomes Superman.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #113
shauner111
Side-Kick

Trust me, if Nolan is included in these decisions along with Snyder, then Clark not wearing glasses will be because they have something good. Whether it's throwing away the secret by outing himself as Superman to the world ala Iron Man (yes i know it will never be a popular or even possible option for you guys). Or some other genius way to disguise him...without the use of glasses.

These are the guys who did everything in their power to disguise Bales Batman. Even if it annoys a lot of fans by having the growl, everyone can agree its a good disguise. In addition the public persona of Bruce Wayne. Nolan putting a strong emphasis on the billionaire-playboy-airhead facade on Bruce more than any of the past movies.

They're aware that they're gonna have to do something smart to disguise Clark if he has no glasses. They're not stupid. Don't get worried.

All this speculation (by me especially) could be a waste of time anyway..and they'll have the glasses. or he'll put em on at the end of the film like a lot of people have suggested

Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #114
redrover
Banned User

Smallville should never be used as a defense for anything related to Superman. Besides John Glover, Michale Rosenbaum and Allison Mack, it was a complete failure.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #115
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
There's really no reason why they should ditch them, but only build upon the disguise, meaning glasses, posture, movement, rhetorics(acting), voice pitch, clothing etc.
That's what I'm guessing Rust...spot on

Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #116
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover View Post
Smallville should never be used as a defense for anything related to Superman. Besides John Glover, Michale Rosenbaum and Allison Mack, it was a complete failure.
Comments like this annoy me, Smallville was far from a complete failure infact it was very successful. A show that last ten years should never be deemed a failure.

You may have not liked the show but it did get a lot right and to be honest I can forgive the mistakes it made cause I believe it got more right than wrong.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #117
Rockstar
Banned User

Success is relative. Charmed, 7th Heaven and One Tree Hill lasted about just as long on the same crappy network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
You may have not liked the show but it did get a lot right and to be honest I can forgive the mistakes it made cause I believe it got more right than wrong.
It got more wrong than right IMO.

Man of Steel, in 2 hours, will effortlessly own anything Smallville has attempted with Supermans origins .

Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #118
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Comments like this annoy me, Smallville was far from a complete failure infact it was very successful. A show that last ten years should never be deemed a failure.

Agreed.

I mean, it got plenty wrong, but I for one am incredibly happy the show existed

*\S/T*
Old 04-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #119
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

First couple of seasons were ok, but then it turned into Teen Titans.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #120
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Meh, call it whatever you want. It was entertaining, and it gave me something Superman related to watch in the last 10 years

I used to ***** about it like crazy, but I'd take Smallville over SR any day.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #121
Rockstar
Banned User

I'd definitely place SR over Smallville.

SR was a good film, just not a great one. It was a 7/10 on RT. Seems like a fair assessment. SR was Superman, just not the modern version that was needed to make the character relevant. It wasn't the 10/10 that BB and TDK are, and that MoS will hopefully be.

Smallville tried to shoehorn everything from the Superman mythos into young Clark's past in Smallville, completely out of context. It didn't work.

The glasses/identity issue is a perfect example of that.

In effect, Smallville tried to give it's audience Superman without actually having Superman. Didn't help that Welling was against wearing the suit.

You can't have Superman without Superman. That was one of the many inherent flaws with the show. It was a giant tease with no payoff.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #122
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Smallville tried to shoehorn everything from the Superman mythos into young Clark's past in Smallville, completely out of context. It didn't work.
That's what I disliked about it amongst other things. That Clark more or less met every adversary Superman's ever had, but BEFORE becoming Superman. That's why I think only the first seasons worked.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #123
Rockstar
Banned User

Tossing Lois Lane into his past in Smallville made things bizarre too, and having her fall for the farmboy Clark before Superman even existed. Heck, she knew his secret and helped him towards Superman.

Lex started off great in the earlier seasons, and then they ruined him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUYKh81EYQ

I can't believe they mindwiped everything they did with him. More proof that the show was an empty tease.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #124
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Oh I'm not saying it was of any quality. It never showed good writing, rarely showed good acting and was in places just downright weird.

But it was entertaining (as in I don't get bored watching it), Much more entertaining than SR (which I get bored watching). And it had it's moments that I completely loved (I.e. Homecoming).

But isn't this something for a Smallville thread?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #125
Rockstar
Banned User

I find Batman and Robin entertaining too.

Technically.

Closed Thread