The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #251
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Tony Stark in the MCU would stick up for Banner anyway. He continually defended him and encouraged him in Avengers, and suggested he should embrace the Hulk side of his persona. Stark is unlikely to belong to any Illuminati either, or become Director of SHIELD. He's a different character to the one developed in the comics. He's also Marvel's golden goose, so there's no way they're going to make him look like a villain just to turn Hulk into a tragic hero.

Either audiences will side with Stark, or if Marvel turns Stark into such a villain, they risk killing not only the Iron Man franchise, but (since the MCU almost rests on IM), also destroying the universe they've built up.

Stark would be the first one to protest against any foul play on the part of the World Security Council, SHIELD, the Illuminati or the Avengers. He brought up similar issues when he felt Fury was hiding things and suggested Cap look into it. Cap himself did, and didn't simply give Fury the benefit of the doubt. That also suggests that Cap is a man of honour (which we all knew anyway).

So there's even 2 people who would likely side with Banner and not betray him. And Thor is about honour too, so he's probably another one.
Tony Stark can be an assh*le sometimes and is responsible for millions of deaths due to his past creating and selling weaponry, yet everyone loves him. He's done selfless acts but he's not always portrayed in a positive light in the MCU. Plus, I think that Banner finding out about Stark's Hulkbuster armor will be enough to end their friendship.

It's not a problem to have audiences rooting for both sides in a WWH movie. Or some people rooting for Hulk, others for Iron Man, Cap, etc. That makes it more fun when the GA participates in movies like that imo.

Now I'm not saying that Stark and a few other heroes will be responsible for launching Hulk off to space(I think that will be the World Security Council's doing), but I think that some of the Avengers will reluctantly allow it to happen.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-05-2013 at 08:50 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #252
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That's not true. The MCU Hulk is a very tragic hero. Because of the Hulk, Bruce can't settle down, be with Betty and raise a family. In TIH he also suffered nightmares from his Hulk out episodes. He even admitted to trying to kill himself in The Avengers.
Let's put it this way: the TIH (Norton) Hulk, the tragic hero you're talking about, was in the lowest grossing movie of all of Marvel Studios' output, and led to a fallout between Marvel and the movie's lead actor and director. The Avengers (Ruffalo) Hulk was a team player, a bona fide hero, had (mostly) control over the rage, made close friends amongst the Avengers, was revered by fans both in the fictional world and the real world, and was a key component in grossing the movie 1.5 billion dollars.

Which version do you think fans and Marvel Studios want to see again?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #253
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Let's put it this way: the TIH (Norton) Hulk, the tragic hero you're talking about, and was the lowest grossing movie of all of Marvel Studios' output, led to a fallout between Marvel and the movie's lead actor and director. The Avengers (Ruffalo) Hulk was a team player, a bona fide hero, had (mostly) control over the rage, made close friends amongst the Avengers, was revered by fans both in the fictional world and the real world, and was a key component in grossing the movie 1.5 billion dollars.

Which version do you think fans and Marvel Studios wants to see again?
Regardless, he was still supposed to be the same version, just older. Seeing as how he admitted to attempting suicide in The Avengers, I'd say the tragic aspects of his life haven't been swept under the rug in favor of his heroics. Even the way he first hulked out in the TA was tragic with the way Black Widow reacted to the transformation and all of the destruction he caused on the Helicarrier. The Hulk works best when he's tragic, same as Batman, but that doesn't mean he can't be heroic too.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-05-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #254
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

My goodness dont you guys see a ploy when you see one.
This is to draw out response to see if people really want another.
Number one rule in all of showbusiness is:

"Keep em' wanting more"!

I personally believe the rumer going around about it being a planet Hulk.
I don't like the idea but it makes for a great Avenger sequel.
Marvel will be going into space next.
Just look at the build up Thanos,Guardians of the Galaxy.
There is wven some talk of end credits Space involvement in Iron Man 3.

So it makes sense of a planet Hulk.

I don't know but everybody is going to space of hava a space theme in the next batch of films.
they are just rumors but.....
http://www.**************.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=73456

http://www.newsarama.com/film/planet-hulk-world-war-hulk-movies-rumor.html

Shakesphere said it best:Kevin...

"Me thinks thou doest protest too much"!

Last edited by Hmarrs; 02-05-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Hmarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #255
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Only thing is Feige hasn't protested to the idea of a Planet Hulk movie at all. He's even talked about it.

Also, Planet Hulk wouldn't be part of a TA sequel. That would be a standalone. World War Hulk is the one that might be part of a TA sequel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #256
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Hulk will most defininteley have his day again in the Sun.
Especially with the response they recieved over his performance in Avengers.
I do however believe they will not be going the standard route that they went with in the 2 previous Hulks.
They may go with more issues such as Planet Hulk and World war Hulk.
I don't know but everybody is going to space of hava a space theme in the next batch of films.
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-gua...-cameos/all/1/

http://www.newsarama.com/film/planet...ies-rumor.html

It just won't be the Hulk that we have come to know in the 2 previous versions.
To not make another Hulk movie is just bad bussiness.
And I know we want to believe that the Superhero fairies make these movies.

However in the end it's a bunch of suits that want to turn the best buck.
If they think they can turn a buck and it will then they will.
Remember even if the two previous Hulks didn't do so well they still made a profit.

They also know that the Hulk was a part if not a huge part on the Billion plus that Avengers made trust me they are not stupid.

Like I said it's about money.

Sorry if I just busted everyone's bubble.
The true fans that don't care about money are here on these forums.

Let's not be naive.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 02-05-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #257
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Wait, so because Captain America and Thor were just "profitable" instead of "Highly profitable" like Iron Man, we're going to put the fate of the Marvel universe in the hands of a character that twice failed to make a profit?
They were movies that never really pushed the envelope, for fear of waning interest for the then upcoming Avengers movie. Everyone I talk to pretty much tells me how "above average" those movies were. Same thing with the Norton movie, although that was a reboot coming off a movie that bombed. So I don't think one character is clearly head above shoulders above anybody at the box office.

Clearly, Hulk is more mainstream in pop culture. Iron Man has only acheived that recently with the advent of his movie series. But Hulk is the most popular Marvel character in the MCU as far as recognizabilty and familiarity. I think people just like Robert Downey Jr. Without him I don't think Iron Man movies would be very successful going forward.

So a Planet Hulk movie, or any Hulk movie anchoring a Marvel tentpole would be top priority. Especially if Cap 2 and Thor 2 make even less than the originals. I think that is likely as you take those characters further into comicbook obscurity that the public has little knowledge about. Still have to wait and see.

Iron Man 4, RDJ probably passed his prime so I'm gonna pass on it, unless they have a script and every other Marvel movie bombs. Kind of over exposure at that point.

Hulk is basically my top priority for P3, unless Thor and Cap have mega sequels. Considering they aren't even being targeted for summer releases, Disney is subduing expectations appropriately.

Last edited by Mr.M; 02-05-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #258
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Only thing is Feige hasn't protested to the idea of a Planet Hulk movie at all. He's even talked about it.

Also, Planet Hulk wouldn't be part of a TA sequel. That would be a standalone. World War Hulk is the one that might be part of a TA sequel.
It's true what he just said.Planet Hulk will be stand alone and World War Hulk will be the tie in.
However what I'm saying is at the end of all end credits we will see the tie-ins.
For instance at the end of Avengers 2 Thanos could take Hulk for the arena.
Or Guardians of the Galaxy may recuit him.
Or they may just shoot him out in space like in the comics but it all seems to be tying in together,

When I heard the next feature was going to be Guardinas of the galaxy i was like waht the....????

However now it all makes sense.
This is a ploy to throw us of off the scent.

So guys don't beleive the hype there will be another Hulk movie that and many more.
Not only that but he will be a driving force in many of the movies to come.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 02-05-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #259
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
It's true what he just said.Planet Hulk will be stand alone and World War Hulk will be the tie in.
However what I'm saying is at the end of all end credits we will see the tie-ins.
For instance at the end of Avengers 2 Thanos could take Hulk for the arena.
Or Guardians of the Galaxy may recuit him.
Or they may just shoot him out in space like in the comics but it all seems to be tying in together,
http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=73456

When I heard the next feature was going to be Guardinas of the galaxy i was like waht the....????

However now it all makes sense.

So guys don't beleive the hype there will be another Hulk movie that and many more.
Not only that but he will be a driving force in many of the movies to come.
If they want to tie it in they could have the World Security Council launch the Hulk into space, en route to a galactic prison established by the Guardians of the Galaxy. Only something happens and his ship is knocked off course, landing on Sakaar instead.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #260
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

im not convinced WWH will happen. it's pretty lame to wrap up a trilogy with the villain being hulk, and it's not a great story anyway...

planet hulk was good, but WWH was not...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #261
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I can't believe people are buying this stuff...

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #262
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Yeah, but if Hulk was the victim and Earth gave him a raw deal, then there is doubt in the climax. It's not a cut and dry ending. Does the Hulk sacrifice himself at the end? Does an Avenger die trying to hold the fragile peace? Who is the audience going to root for?

I like ambiguous, not so clear cut villains and antagonists. That's what makes a story interesting. The good vs evil concept is kind of cliche. Maybe Thanos has a role in the universe that is beneficial for all life forms (quasi-Mass Effect route) and the humans and Avengers just happen to stand in his way. Or maybe some Avengers like the Hulk agree with him and see the light. Just something a little engaging. So I think taking elements of WWH work. Who are the villains really? Is it the World Security Council? SHIELD? An Avenger himself? With preferably an explanation other than Thanos is manipulating everyone to enslave Earth. That gives you depth in story.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #263
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Yeah, but if Hulk was the victim and Earth gave him a raw deal, then there is doubt in the climax. It's not a cut and dry ending. Does the Hulk sacrifice himself at the end? Does an Avenger die trying to hold the fragile peace? Who is the audience going to root for?

I like ambiguous, not so clear cut villains and antagonists. That's what makes a story interesting. The good vs evil concept is kind of cliche. Maybe Thanos has a role in the universe that is beneficial for all life forms (quasi-Mass Effect route) and the humans and Avengers just happen to stand in his way. Or maybe some Avengers like the Hulk agree with him and see the light. Just something a little engaging. So I think taking elements of WWH work. Who are the villains really? Is it the World Security Council? SHIELD? An Avenger himself? With preferably an explanation other than Thanos is manipulating everyone to enslave Earth. That gives you depth in story.
Good vs. evil may be cliche, but not in this cinematic universe. Ambiguous unclear villains and heroes work for mature approaches to the genre; but this is a four-color approach to the genre, and the target audience --- like it or no --- is about 8-14 years old. Kids are the ones who are going to buy all the Marvel merchandise, not grownups; so if a concept doesn't work at a level that kids can understand and appreciate, it's not going to generate revenue.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #264
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they want to tie it in they could have the World Security Council launch the Hulk into space, en route to a galactic prison established by the Guardians of the Galaxy. Only something happens and his ship is knocked off course, landing on Sakaar instead.
Off course.We know the setup is there that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
im not convinced WWH will happen. it's pretty lame to wrap up a trilogy with the villain being hulk, and it's not a great story anyway...

planet hulk was good, but WWH was not...
Yes but the Hulk movies weren't a Trilogy.
And even if it were it still made sense the build up of this War brewing by sending him to space.According to both Hulk movies it makes perfect sense why they would send him out.
Not so much with the Avengers but with the Hulk that's not so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I can't believe people are buying this stuff...
What stuff the Planet Hulk or what Kevin said about there not being another Hulk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post

I wish more stories were like that.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #265
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'll believe it when I see it. I just can't see a straight-up adaptation of WWH being done for a whole movie.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #266
Trimmings
Side-Kick

I never really read marvel, but what if the purple man (I think that's his name from EMH) took over and sent the hulk off for some reason? That way some of the Avengers could be bad guys when the Hulk gets back, but everyone will be a hero when all is said and done.

Would that be overdoing mind control for the MCU, though?

Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #267
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post

Yes but the Hulk movies weren't a Trilogy.
... i wasn't talking about a hulk trilogy... i was talking about THE AVENGERS trilogy

[=]
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #268
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
... i wasn't talking about a hulk trilogy... i was talking about THE AVENGERS trilogy
There's no Avengers "trilogy," either.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #269
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's no Avengers "trilogy," either.
There most likely will be with the original cast.......i doubt everyone will be around for 4

[=]
Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #270
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I still think the Leader should just be the one to send Hulk off planet. Tricking him into believing it was his friends that did it.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #271
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I just can't see a straight-up adaptation of WWH being done for a whole movie.
I can I think it will be WWH wrapped in an Avenger Movie wrapping.

Quote:
Sorry (I misunderstood)but it can work as we see the second movie will contiunue this War with Thanos since he was behind it all anyway.
So it may be a three part war with Thanos he was behind the first Avenger war.
he may have somthinbg to do with sending Hulk away or bringing him back for a WWH.Why would it be that far fectched when their main villian(Thanos) is in Space somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I still think the Leader should just be the one to send Hulk off planet. Tricking him into believing it was his friends that did it.
That's fine with me as well.however I don't see it happening with all the subplotting in space going on.
Thanos,Guardains of the galaxy Thor and the 9 realms.Even the Comics are leading up to the Space storyline it only makes sense.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 02-05-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #272
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It won't be. It will be a WWH storyline adapted for an Avengers film. What don't people get about this?

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #273
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It won't be. It will be a WWH storyline adapted for an Avengers film. What don't people get about this?
What people "get" is the overall gist of it. Hulk vs. the heroes; Hulk vs. everybody. Any way you slice it, it pits Hulk against good guys and/or innocents. Ergo: Hulk is the villain. And it's almost unanimous --- here and all over the Interwebs --- that that would be a terrible, terrible idea for Hulk in the MCU.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #274
Mr. Dent
Banned User

And we all know Hulk would not be the main villain (he wouldn't be the villain at all even against the Avengers because they are the ones who betrayed him) and would eventually rejoin the Avengers and help take down the real villain. It's not a terrible idea at all and creates good conflict and drama, things every moviegoer loves.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #275
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Just out of interest, how many people here have actually read WWH?