The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #151
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Feige basically said we could see another Hulk movie after the Avengers sequel.
"We could see another Hulk movie after Avengers" =/= "Avengers 2 will end with Hulk being jettisoned into space, which will lead into a Planet Hulk movie, and then Avengers 3 will be inspired by World War Hulk."

The latter is a scoop, the former is a diplomatic answer to a leading question - basically the equivalent of, "we'll see."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Still don't approve of the way El Mayimbe trolled this site.
I agree with you there, though. That thread was pointless, and something I thought wasn't really allowed on this site.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #152
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yep. I can also see Black Widow betraying the team and Iron Man being incapacitated throughout the film happening as well.
Nooooo, not Scarlett lol but in all seriousness that would be pretty dope I just wanna see Hulk rampage like never before. I understand everyone's stance on Hulk being a hero but you can't have a guy whose superpower is a big green rage monster not rage out at least once

blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #153
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

We'll see. Pretty exciting if true.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #154
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Nooooo, not Scarlett lol but in all seriousness that would be pretty dope I just wanna see Hulk rampage like never before. I understand everyone's stance on Hulk being a hero but you can't have a guy whose superpower is a big green rage monster not rage out at least once
Yea, I don't even think Hulk being an accepted hero is why he was so popular in the Avengers.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #155
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Some people feel strongly about the Hulk's characterization as a hero in MCU and I feel like Planet Hulk can actually bring a whole deeper level to the Hulk's character

blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #156
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Some people feel strongly about the Hulk's characterization as a hero in MCU and I feel like Planet Hulk can actually bring a whole deeper level to the Hulk's character
Exactly. It would finally offer us a movie that doesn't just show the Hulk yelling and raging but also show the comic value of the character and his good side that likes to help people. And seeing him kick alien ass is just a plus.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #157
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I'm beginning to wonder if Marvel didn't line up a fake "source" to plant false info with the LR guy. It would be a brilliant act of trollery to plant false "scoops" with a site that has previously caused them trouble. There won't be any proof that the info is incorrect for years down the line, which is ironically LR's out if it isn't true. If it turns out to be wrong he can say that it was true at the time but things changed. Which explains his site-pimping strategy, doesn't it?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #158
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

I can't say I'm not sold on this scoop atm....

Planet Hulk, Argument for:
Hulk was a definite scene stealer in Avengers and Marvel knows how to milk a good thing when they see it. Using Avengers 2 to set up a Planet Hulk movie does make sense, and a WWH Avengers 3 would then make sense if they did follow that.

Argument against:
In the original Planet Hulk story he is the Hulk for almost all of it, turning back into Banner just briefly after defeating the Red King and getting married (iirc). Though this would be a welcome change from 'mostly Banner with a few minutes of the Hulk' all previous live action efforts give us, it would also be a very expensive change in tact unless they also change the methods in how they do him.

Hulk is also a fully speaking character in the story, and more intelligent than any 'Hulk Smash!" version. Would Marvel be willing to go that route with him on film?

Then there's John Carter....Though Pak wrote a great story with Planet Hulk the inspiration as to where the basic idea came from (hero sent to another world, fights in an arena, and ends up becoming King after leading a rebellion) is slightly obvious.

WWH for Avengers 3, argument for:
Logical progression if they do have Planet Hulk. By the time that comes Marvel would have a larger pool of characters to up the scale for the fighting from their current roster.

Argument against:
I do not think Marvel will have such a definitive plan in place for Avengers 3 this far ahead. Nature of the business dictates they have to be flexible, and though I enjoyed WWH in the comics, I'm not sure how well that would translate to the big screen, given that the pool of characters to play with will be nothing like as vast as it was with the books.

I figure they'd have to do away with the whole taking over New York deal, and unless they plan to introduce the Sentry who would the final showdown be with? Thor?

Lastly, Avengers set up Banner & the Hulk being accepted as useful and heroic characters by his fellow Avengers and the public. I would rather they did not change that just so we can have a Planet Hulk film, unless they make out he was framed in some way to lead to his expulsion from Earth, or better still, he makes a willing sacrifice at the end of Avengers 2 which leads to him being sent off into space.

For the former WWH (him coming back for revenge on those who wrongly sent him away) would be ok, though it wouldn't really work for the latter.

So I dunno. While Planet Hulk is certainly possible, WWH seems a lot less likely to me.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #159
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Wow, seeing a Planet Hulk movie come to fruition would just be amazing, the only problem is, we would probably have to see a lot of changes to the story as the Hulk couldnt be on the screen 100% of the time, they would have to give Ruffalo face time, and the budget would be too much.

Either way though, it would be amazing to see that and then WWH. Only thing is, how would they stop Hulk at the end of WWH, The Sentry was the only one who could fight him to stand still in the comics, who in the MCU would be able to do that?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #160
Project862006
Banned User

yeah budget would have to be like 250 million

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #161
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Marvel didn't line up a fake "source" to plant false info with the LR guy. It would be a brilliant act of trollery to plant false "scoops" with a site that has previously caused them trouble. There won't be any proof that the info is incorrect for years down the line, which is ironically LR's out if it isn't true. If it turns out to be wrong he can say that it was true at the time but things changed. Which explains his site-pimping strategy, doesn't it?
I'm wondering that myself, the guy deserves it after all the posturing and jerking people around. I also think it could change simply based on this leak, it's so far away I'm sure nothing is set in stone. It also seems rather out of place with what they set up in Avengers in regards to Banner's control of Hulk now, and the expectation that the next Avengers will likely have something to do with Thanos.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #162
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

As I mentioned in another thread, Planet Hulk and then WW Hulk for Avengers 3 is like turning him into a villain. If they did do Planet Hulk, it would be better for villains to have sent him there instead of the heroes. I don't really like that he becomes such a threat, especially when he was shown to be a hero in Avengers, and shown having control. It goes against everything set up there.

If Hulk is going to get his own movie again, I think it needs to be one where he's pure hero and not having been jettisoned into space by other heroes for being a threat and a raging beast.

I would rather have a Red Hulk movie based on the storyline they had on A:EMH where Hulk is framed, Red Hulk replaces him, but then maybe have it that Hulk has to prove his innocence and discovers that Red Hulk is really Thunderbolt Ross.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #163
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Planet Hulk: John Carter redux, only the *hero* is the green guy this time, and a helluva lot bigger. Good idea to reuse the plot of an infamous movie bomb to sell Hulk's cinematic future? ....You decide.

World War Hulk: Hulk turns into a villain, rightly or wrongly, framed or just in a pissy mood, and declares war on all of humanity (the vast majority of which had absolutely nothing to do with the troubles Hulkster has suffered over the years, up to and including planetary exile). Hulk vs. innocent people, good idea for Hulk's cinematic future? ....You decide.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #164
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

^ No one is going to root for a villainous Hulk over the heroes anyway, especially over Iron Man. WW Hulk just turns it into another monster movie. The Avengers have plenty of other villains they can battle rather than having to turn to one of the heroes and one of their own ranks. It would be as if they've run out of ideas and enemies to choose from.

What the general audience didn't like about the first 2 Hulk movies (esp the first) is that he was too much like a raging monster. What resonated with them for the Avengers Hulk was that he was actually a hero for once. Just because it's Ruffalo and they're potentially using the same Hulk model as in Avengers doesn't mean the audience will like these two Hulk plots.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #165
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

They did say that it would be the MCU version of the Illuminati, so perhaps it's shady government types? Or perhaps the Leader whom is still alive following TIH. So any potential WWH would be altered so that he's not the villain.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #166
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Planet Hulk: John Carter redux, only the *hero* is the green guy this time, and a helluva lot bigger. Good idea to reuse the plot of an infamous movie bomb to sell Hulk's cinematic future? ....You decide.

World War Hulk: Hulk turns into a villain, rightly or wrongly, framed or just in a pissy mood, and declares war on all of humanity (the vast majority of which had absolutely nothing to do with the troubles Hulkster has suffered over the years, up to and including planetary exile). Hulk vs. innocent people, good idea for Hulk's cinematic future? ....You decide.
Yeah, I'm hoping that this is either totally false or an idea that was floated and eventually dropped. I just don't see how something like this works with what we currently have in the MCU, it just seem too incongruent. They have finally hit the right note with Hulk that the audience responded too and the idea is to revert him back into a public menace? No, I don't see. There are just too many merchandising opportunities for the current Hulk.

Also, there is no Illuminati in the MCU. Marvel does not have access to some of the members and Dr. Strange is not hitting until after Phase 2. I'm not buying the suggestion that the World Security Council could be an Illuminati substitute. We haven't seen much of them, but I'm not sure they could pull off a Hulk exile. The other thing that this whole plot could potentially do is marginalize Thanos as a centerpiece, which I really hope doesn't happen. There are just too many things that run contrary to this rumor.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #167
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
They did say that it would be the MCU version of the Illuminati, so perhaps it's shady government types? Or perhaps the Leader whom is still alive following TIH. So any potential WWH would be altered so that he's not the villain.
Well why not combine WW Hulk with the Red Hulk storyline? Have Ross as part of the MCU Illuminati, along with people like Doc Samson and others who were involved in the A:EMH storyline (I think it had Winter Soldier as well, and Red Skull). Then Red Hulk can replace him, and then Hulk can return to stop him.

But let's not have this as an Avengers 3 movie. I don't want that slot being taken up with this kind of story. I see they could really condense the Planet Hulk, WW Hulk and Red Hulk storyline into one movie.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #168
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
^ No one is going to root for a villainous Hulk over the heroes anyway, especially over Iron Man. WW Hulk just turns it into another monster movie. The Avengers have plenty of other villains they can battle rather than having to turn to one of the heroes and one of their own ranks. It would be as if they've run out of ideas and enemies to choose from.
Despite being Marvel's new golden boys, The Avengers still have probably the least revered rogues gallery of any of the big Marvel franchises. I wouldn't be shocked if we went 0-3 in an Avengers trilogy in terms of not seeing actual Avengers villains (Kang, Ultron, Masters of Evil, Korvac.)

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #169
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Yeah, I mentioned John Carter before as an argument against. Planet Hulk could still make for an awesome film (though it clearly being derivative of Carter will be an unavoidable critique), but to do it right the budget would be have to be huge (at least as much as Avengers cost).

Surely a better bet to keep him Earthbound and give him a solid heroic solo story here? It's not like he can't be a hero here as well as the Avengers have him being celebrated as such at it's close. They can then spend more money on the Hulk and the villain, rather than having to spread the budget on multiple alien races & landscapes as well.

And none to keen on the movie world using the Illuminati idea at all. Didn't care for that in the books, so I would not like to see a select few 'heroes' deciding they have the right to secretly govern/plot against their own in the films as well.

Besides, doesn't that 'security council 'we saw in Avengers already fill that role of self-elected behind the scenes world-wide overseers?

And WWH...Yeah, it's hard to see how that can work really. Making the Hulk the big bad for the 3rd film....Just seems very unlikely to me.

If they do go the Planet Hulk route then have him sacrifice himself at the end of Avengers 2 so the choice to be lost in space was his own. No need for any WWH stuff then when he returns.

Anyway's as far as the scoop goes, I figure the Planet Hulk part might be legit in that's an idea that they are considering, but not yet something they have decided on, however I figure the WWH bit is no more than assumption from that guy based on how the comics told the story.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #170
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Despite being Marvel's new golden boys, The Avengers still have probably the least revered rogues gallery of any of the big Marvel franchises. I wouldn't be shocked if we went 0-3 in an Avengers trilogy in terms of not seeing actual Avengers villains (Kang, Ultron, Masters of Evil, Korvac.)
But even if they didn't, and they had to use other villains like Loki or Thanos, they could still do that for Avengers 3 without having to resort to Hulk. And the general audience don't know who is revered or not anyway. With decent writing, any of the others can be a great villain for them (Kang, Ultron etc).

Lots of great silver screen villains have been purely invented for the silver screen anyway and not based on some other work. And even those villains who are based on a pre-existing work have been adapted to become bigger villains. General Zod wasn't such a big name before Superman 2, but now the general audience probably thinks he's the only other main Superman villain apart from Lex Luthor because of his powerful performance from Terrence Stamp, and because he's showing up again in MOS.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #171
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Loki was the very first Avengers villain, so they are 1-1 so far for me. Thanos also counts as one too, so his little cameo gave us 2 Avengers villains in the first film.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #172
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Either way though, it would be amazing to see that and then WWH. Only thing is, how would they stop Hulk at the end of WWH, The Sentry was the only one who could fight him to stand still in the comics, who in the MCU would be able to do that?
Thor would be a suitable Sentry replacement.

I'm really excited to see a planet Hulk movie, WWH movie, not so much.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #173
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Loki was the very first Avengers villain, so they are 1-1 so far for me. Thanos also counts as one too, so his little cameo gave us 2 Avengers villains in the first film.
Ehhh When counting "villains" I go by ratio of appearances etc. And which rogues gallery the character most belongs to. In Loki's case, it's Thor. In Thanos' Case, he's a catch all cosmic villain (Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.)

The Avengers have fought Magneto and Doctor Doom as many times as they've fought Loki, and more times than they've fought Thanos. Those villains are clearly X-Men and Fantastic 4 villains, respectively. The fact is Avengers has a set of rogues that belongs just as much to them, as Doom belongs to F4. They are just under-exposed, and aren't likely to get used.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #174
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Bingo. IF this turns out to be the case, I bet he will be responsible for hulk's exile. However a WWH avengers 3? not happening

Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #175
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Ehhh When counting "villains" I go by ratio of appearances etc. And which rogues gallery the character most belongs to. In Loki's case, it's Thor. In Thanos' Case, he's a catch all cosmic villain (Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.)

The Avengers have fought Magneto and Doctor Doom as many times as they've fought Loki, and more times than they've fought Thanos. Those villains are clearly X-Men and Fantastic 4 villains, respectively. The fact is Avengers has a set of rogues that belongs just as much to them, as Doom belongs to F4. They are just under-exposed, and aren't likely to get used.
And I suppose Whiplash had massive exposure before IM2? He's the epitome of an obscure 3rd or 4th rate villain in comics who was nevertheless used for the movies.