The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #51
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Roger Moore was never the star that Robert Downey Jr is. Take Bond away from Moore and he has nothing other than the occasional parody role or tv appearance on spy shows. Take Iron Man away from Downey, though, and he's still got Sherlock Holmes, Due Date, The Soloist, Tropic Thunder, etc. Iron Man reinvigorated his career but it's not the only thing in his career.

And a baseless assumption is one with nothing to support it. The fact that he signed a 6 picture deal is plenty to base an assumption on. Just look at Chris Evans. He's nowhere near the star that Downey is and much younger, and Marvel very nearly couldn't get him to sign a deal because originally they wanted him for a 9 picture deal and he was completely unwilling to commit to that, so they knocked it down to 6 films. If Chris Evans is unwilling to do more than six movies, then why would RDJ, who's a bigger star and who's getting older, be willing to go for more?

And even if he does, the point remains that at least one of the main actors will be dropping out after Avengers 3. Whether it's Downey, Hemsworth, or Evans, at least one of them will decide they don't want to continue after they fulfill their 6-picture deal. In which case Marvel's either going to have to write that character out of Avengers 4 or recast the role. So yeah, I firmly believe that Marvel's going to want to end Avengers 3 with a bang while they're certain they'll still have of their main players.

Seriously, though, do you really think it's a coincidence that Marvel is having actors signing movie deals that're divisible by 3? It's because they have trilogies in mind.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #52
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Roger Moore was never the star that Robert Downey Jr is. Take Bond away from Moore and he has nothing other than the occasional parody role or tv appearance on spy shows. Take Iron Man away from Downey, though, and he's still got Sherlock Holmes, Due Date, The Soloist, Tropic Thunder, etc. Iron Man reinvigorated his career but it's not the only thing in his career.

And a baseless assumption is one with nothing to support it. The fact that he signed a 6 picture deal is plenty to base an assumption on. Just look at Chris Evans. He's nowhere near the star that Downey is and much younger, and Marvel very nearly couldn't get him to sign a deal because originally they wanted him for a 9 picture deal and he was completely unwilling to commit to that, so they knocked it down to 6 films. If Chris Evans is unwilling to do more than six movies, then why would RDJ, who's a bigger star and who's getting older, be willing to go for more?

And even if he does, the point remains that at least one of the main actors will be dropping out after Avengers 3. Whether it's Downey, Hemsworth, or Evans, at least one of them will decide they don't want to continue after they fulfill their 6-picture deal. In which case Marvel's either going to have to write that character out of Avengers 4 or recast the role. So yeah, I firmly believe that Marvel's going to want to end Avengers 3 with a bang while they're certain they'll still have of their main players.

Seriously, though, do you really think it's a coincidence that Marvel is having actors signing movie deals that're divisible by 3? It's because they have trilogies in mind.
The 9-picture deal is where they seem to start. Some of the actors opt for 6 instead. But 9 pictures is a helluva lot more than an Avengers "trilogy" plus a solo trilogy. Give Feige credit for looking long-term.

And also, after the final tally for this weekend's box office is added up, I've got a feeling that ALL of the principals, including RDJ and Evans, are going to be renegotiating their contracts. Big time.

It was easy to second-guess the appeal of the whole Avengers Initiative, after Thor and Cap and Hulk failed to generate the same kind of box office numbers that IM did. But Avengers changes all that in a major way.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #53
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

I'm pretty sure Sam Jackson is the only one with a 9-picture deal, but that's because most of his appearances are brief cameos, so they needed to account for that. And yeah, all those appearances count. 30 seconds at the end of Iron Man? One movie down. 15 seconds at the end of the Thor? Two down. 20 seconds at the end of Captain America? Three down, and so on. Jackson's already down five out of his nine movies, and he still hasn't played a leading role yet. As far as I know, though, none of the principal actors have 9-picture deals. Even Ruffalo only has a 6-picture deal.

Quote:
And also, after the final tally for this weekend's box office is added up, I've got a feeling that ALL of the principals, including RDJ and Evans, are going to be renegotiating their contracts. Big time.
That's assuming Marvel can even afford to pay them all. Any renegotiation is going to come with a demand for an increased salary. So even if the main cast is willing to come back for Avengers 4, 5, 6, etc, that doesn't mean that Marvel will be able to afford all the salary increases they're going to be asking for.

The sensible move is to plan for a trilogy, as Marvel seems to have done given that ALL the main players have 6-picture deals, accounting for three movies for their own film series and three movies for Avengers (Not to mention that Marvel already announced they want to release Avengers 3 in 2017, so they're already thinking ahead to it), and wrap up any outstanding storylines by Avengers 3 and make those three movies a self-contained trilogy. IF they can get the main cast back, great. Either way, that doesn't change what the likely plan is, which is for Avengers 3 to be the conclusion of a film trilogy and Avengers 4 to be the start of something new.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #54
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

I think it would be cool to see Thanos use the time, soul, reality, & mind gems to make Captain America fight conjured versions of his WWII allies. It would be more emotional making him fight/kill Bucky, Dum Dum, etc than Red Skull. I think that would make for a better movie and make Thanos more evil.

ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #55
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

I'm positive Thanos' presence will be felt in the upcoming movies, specially in Thor II.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #56
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,236
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
READ THIS FIRST: From this point on there will be Avengers spoilers in this thread. Potentially major spoilers. I have no intention of sitting here and spoiler tagging every single one of my posts, nor do I expect anyone else to do so. So if you don't want to be spoiled, then stay out of this thread. You have been warned.





Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's go ahead and talk about the man of the hour...



As pretty much all of us know, he's in the midcredits scene for Avengers and the source of Loki's army. The question now, is, where do you think Marvel will be taking him next? What would you like to see Marvel do with him next?

Personally, here's my hope. We've heard that there'll be a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, right? And Kevin Feige has specifically said that it'll be the modern team. A team which includes the following people:

Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer

Each one of them is linked to Thanos in some way. Adam Warlock is the Avatar of Life while Thanos is the Avatar of Death. Gamora is his adopted daughter and right hand woman. Moondragon was one of his victims. And Drax was created to destroy Thanos. So is anyone else hoping that we'll see Thanos next appear in Guardians of the Galaxy? That'd be a great way to develop him. Maybe along the way he can pick up one of the Infinity Gems. The great thing is that they can introduce him as an ally at first, which is how he met Adam Warlock at first. He teamed up with Warlock to help defeat the Magus. So personally, I'd love to see something similar, with Thanos and Gamora coming to the aid of the Guardians of the Galaxy and using his brief association with them to get something he wants.

So how about you all? What do you expect and/or are hoping for?
Uh... I don't know about you guys old timers, but Nova seems to be the cornerstone of modern GOTG, not Adam Warlock.

Nova -> Cap America analog
Adam Warlock -> Thor
Drax -> Hulk
Gamora / Moondragon (I prefer Gamora) -> Black Widow
Raccoon -> Hawkeye
Star-Lord -> Iron Man

and

Darkhawk / Starhawk (I prefer Darkhawk) -> Wolverine

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #57
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,150
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Nova isn't a member of the GotG. And i'd say Star Lord is their equivalent to Cap. He's the leader. A more flawed person, more rough around the edges. But that is what the GotG are. They are a rag tag bunch of rogues, a few of which have been villains, brought together.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #58
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I wish I knew more about Dragonball Z to actually understand that reference. My 9-year old son loves the show and probably thinks what you said is hilarious.
But he wouldn't get the Voltron reference. You'd have to be an 80s baby that didn't stop watching cartoon network at 14 in order to get the joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Point is, they don't spend money on props if there wasn't already a plan to use it at some point. Do you think that Marvel just randomly threw money at a prop making company to make an Infinity Gauntlet prop just for the hell of it? No, they did so because they have a plan to use one. It was supposed to appear in Odin's treasure room in Thor but they took it out as they may've changed their plan, but that doesn't mean that the plan isn't for the Infinity Gauntlet to still make an appearance. Hell, Feige did an interview where some guy walked behind him holding an Infinity Gauntlet prop and he said something to the guy about how people aren't supposed to see that yet.* So yeah, Marvel Studios obviously has the Infinity Gauntlet in mind.

Moreover, Thanos has appeared, and the Infinity Gauntlet is the biggest story he's tied to. Common sense alone dictates that the Infinity Gauntlet will inevitably appear in a movie involving him. Frankly, I'm dumbfounded that anyone could think otherwise.
Well, we've seen enough radical changes from the comics, one more shouldn't dumbfound you. The movies explicitly state that Thanos is after the Cosmic Cube so he can take over the Universe. If you want to hold on to a discarded prop because maybe Feige thought they were going to use it before Whedon started writing, that's on you brotha. They took it out for a reason. The obvious reason is: they don't intend to use it. What is your alternative theory? What's the minority report on this one?

Quote:
I love Thanos, but some of you are vastly overestimating his power and his ranking among the top villains in the Marvel Universe. He's *one* of the top, but not THE top. He's not someone you "build up to." He's a great uberfoe, but there's plenty more where that came from.
He's definitely the top of the MCU. Who else could they bring in to top him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Dragon Ball Z came out almost 30 years ago, it's not exactly a new show for "young whipper snappers" if that's what you were trying to imply.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again, you're making baseless assumptions.
Just for the record. Assuming people signed up for six pictures will do six pictures is not a baseless assumption.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #59
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On my throne
Posts: 16,958
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Since someone brought up Craptastic Four: Demise of the Silver Surfer, I just realized the saddest thing about introducing Thanos into this series. We'll never get to see him duke it out with Norrin Radd.

That's a shame, at least for some of us, because that was how I was introduced to Thanos. And the Surfer is one of the few heroes who could give Thanos a run for his money. It sucks that Fox owns the rights to him now.

__________________
Viola Davis for Amanda Waller
John Bernthal for Deadshot
Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #60
bigscore
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 43
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Can Captain Marvel be tied into Thanos on screen??

bigscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #61
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Well, we've seen enough radical changes from the comics, one more shouldn't dumbfound you. The movies explicitly state that Thanos is after the Cosmic Cube so he can take over the Universe. If you want to hold on to a discarded prop because maybe Feige thought they were going to use it before Whedon started writing, that's on you brotha. They took it out for a reason. The obvious reason is: they don't intend to use it. What is your alternative theory? What's the minority report on this one?
The minority report? I have far more support for my position than you do, since what you say is not the obvious reason. Do you really think that they initially decided to use the Infinity Gauntlet, and then did a complete 180 and decided not to use it? Here's a more likely and obvious reason why the Infinity Gauntlet didn't appear in Thor:

They came up with a different plan on how to use it.

For instance, take the planned reference to Hank Pym in Thor. They ultimately decided to excise that. According to you, that means that they decided that they would never use Hank Pym in the movies, but that's an extreme notion. The more likely reason is that they've come up with a different way to use him. A different way of executing the plan doesn't mean the plan was junked completely.

If they have the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's treasure room, then they're stuck with it there. They HAVE to have all six Infinity Gems sitting right there. And if they're there, then why doesn't Odin put on the gauntlet and gain infinite power? Their taking it out of Thor could be as simple as deciding that Odin only has ONE of the gems in his treasure room, and not all six. By having the gems split up all over the universe, you create more drama for when Thanos does inevitably go after them than Thanos just getting into that one room and gaining infinite power. So do you not see the dramatic reasons for not wanting a complete Infinity Gauntlet just sitting around on a pedestal? Why Marvel might decide "Wait, having them all together like that is stupid. Maybe we should split them up?"

As for the cube, there's a quick and easy way to explain how they tie together. We saw Thanos's people access the cube remotely and use it to create a portal to Earth so that Loki could go through. Now where's the cube? In Odin's treasure room. A room which is no longer protected by the Destroyer. If Thanos can remotely activate the cube from afar to send Loki to Earth, then he can definitely do the same to send himself straight into Odin's throne room to grab something there. Maybe one of the Infinity Gems? That seems logical to me.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #62
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

https://twitter.com/#!/TheMovie_Mast.../photo/1/large

You guys were saying?

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #63
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
The minority report? I have far more support for my position than you do, since what you say is not the obvious reason. Do you really think that they initially decided to use the Infinity Gauntlet, and then did a complete 180 and decided not to use it? Here's a more likely and obvious reason why the Infinity Gauntlet didn't appear in Thor:

They came up with a different plan on how to use it.

For instance, take the planned reference to Hank Pym in Thor. They ultimately decided to excise that. According to you, that means that they decided that they would never use Hank Pym in the movies, but that's an extreme notion. The more likely reason is that they've come up with a different way to use him. A different way of executing the plan doesn't mean the plan was junked completely.

If they have the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's treasure room, then they're stuck with it there. They HAVE to have all six Infinity Gems sitting right there. And if they're there, then why doesn't Odin put on the gauntlet and gain infinite power? Their taking it out of Thor could be as simple as deciding that Odin only has ONE of the gems in his treasure room, and not all six. By having the gems split up all over the universe, you create more drama for when Thanos does inevitably go after them than Thanos just getting into that one room and gaining infinite power. So do you not see the dramatic reasons for not wanting a complete Infinity Gauntlet just sitting around on a pedestal? Why Marvel might decide "Wait, having them all together like that is stupid. Maybe we should split them up?"

As for the cube, there's a quick and easy way to explain how they tie together. We saw Thanos's people access the cube remotely and use it to create a portal to Earth so that Loki could go through. Now where's the cube? In Odin's treasure room. A room which is no longer protected by the Destroyer. If Thanos can remotely activate the cube from afar to send Loki to Earth, then he can definitely do the same to send himself straight into Odin's throne room to grab something there. Maybe one of the Infinity Gems? That seems logical to me.
Cool story bro, but I have the actual storyline of the Avengers movie on my side. You have a prop and your suppositions - what you hope the storyline will be. Meanwhile, they've set up the Cosmic Cube to be the throughline, to be Thanos means for taking over the Universe - that's their different way of executing the plan. After all, if Thanos has the means to take over the Universe, why go chasing all over after all these gems?

And again, not using Hank Pym in the movies is not an extreme notion. Wright has gone on record several times that it's not MCU. He's quoted Feige as saying the same and no one has ever said anything to contradict this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Which makes it even worse. In Captain America, The Cube is " the jewel of Odin's Treasure Room" - not the Infinity Gauntlet. I wish you guys would pay attention to the movies' storyline instead of just expecting everything from comics to happen, even when it contradicts what's been said on camera and off.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #64
crounsa810
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 109
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Here's what I think is going to happen, based on numerous clues from movies and interviews etc.

Iron Man 3, as we know, will be basing itself off of the Extremis storyline. I think in this movie, we will see the Mandarin. I haven't quite thought through this movie as much as I have for Thor and Captain America, but I think in this movie we are introduced to Pym, and he will be shown as working on not only the extremis armor, but a self thinking technology known as Ultron. Tony will have a hand in creating it, and Ultron will be used as a JARVIS sort of thing but for SHIELD. Again, I haven't thought this one out as much, but I do think Ultron will be introduced in here.

I think in Thor 2, we're going to start with Thor & Loki arriving back on Asgard. In Avengers, Loki was told that if he should fail, he will meet a fate worse than death. Loki failed, so he has to meet this fate. I think The Other will appear in this movie, if not Thanos himself, by opening up a portal through the cube, and he will take Loki and kinda enslave him. At this point, Thanos and the Other are still trying to gain possession of the cube, but Loki will tell them of a Gauntlet that Odin has hidden. He will tell them about how its power is greater than that of the cube, and how the gems were scattered across the cosmos. I think the Infinity Gauntlet is then stolen from Odin's treasure room, and Odin fills Thor in on the power that it can possess if all the Gems are found. Odin will task Thor with gathering all the gems before some other power does, and will send the Enchantress and Executioner to be his aides to get from one world to the next as the Bifrost is still destroyed. Obviously, they are working for Loki, who has told them to let Thor gather the gems, then steal them and bring them to him, so he can barter for his freedom. Thor will discover their ulterior motives, and realizes he cannot return all the gems together to Asgard. I think he gives either Jane and/or SHIELD a gem to hold, as he trusts them.

As for Captain America 2, I believe we will see Red Skull again. Throughout the Captain America movie, Red Skull was always saying how he was a God and had left humanity behind. At the end of the movie, he was transported via the Cosmic Cube. Who do we find out can open portals through the Cosmic Cube in the Avengers? Thanos. I can see a storyline where Red Skull was transported to Thanos & The Other, and shown what true power and Godliness is. I think somehow, The Other and Thanos send Red Skull back to Earth to search for a gem, the same one Thor had earlier given Jane. Captain America will be defending the gem, and Red Skull will fail.

Guardians of the Galaxy I haven't quite figured out at all, but I think more gem gathering will be taking place, as well as an introduction to the Skrulls & Kree.


Now, granted I think my theory has led up to Thanos being the main bad for the Avengers 2, but I do believe we get Ultron, who has been sabotaged by the shape shifting Skrulls. Thanos still needs to assemble another army, seeing as his Chitauri were effectively wiped out in Avengers. Who better to assemble than the Skrulls? I think Thanos will be pulling the strings in Avengers 2, but we will see that it is all a plan of Loki's. What would be more personal than an Avengers creation being sabotaged by seemingly another Avenger? Secret Invasion and Ultron mixture would be a great way to make things more personal. I don't believe we see a full on assault by the Skrulls, I think they will just be in the shadows. But SHIELD will learn of them at the end when a villain is revealed to be a Skrull, and not who they originally thought them to be.

Or it may just be some crazy theory that I thought too much into, but I do believe elements of this may come to happen.


Last edited by crounsa810; 05-06-2012 at 04:02 PM.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #65
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Now that's a damn good theory! Although, I'm pretty sure Thanos and The Other would know of the Gauntlet and the Gems instead of Loki telling them.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #66
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,734
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

As others have said, I think there's a strong possibility of Thanos being involved in some way in the events of Thor 2, although I don't think said events will result in Thanos invading Earth because I think that's a plotline better suited to The Avengers 2 (in which I believe he will be the central villain). I do see Thor and Jane being reunited in Thor 2, but I don't think much of the film will take place on Earth, making it so that their reunion is a result of her somehow ending up in Asgard.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #67
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

I reckon Thanos will have a role in Avengers 2 similar to his role in Avengers, but bigger (if that makes sense). Being alluded to and pulling the strings.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #68
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Okay, this is entirely speculation but it's regarding the Chitauri and the Tesseract:

Thanos was burdened with the Chitauri long ago (who are terroristic cousins of the Skrulls, a peaceful and highly advanced alien race). The Skrulls created the Tesseract, and Thanos is after it to give to the Skrulls and in return they will offer their services and the Chitauri will be taken off his hands. The real power he's wanted all along is the Infinity Gauntlet and the Gems, knowing the Tesseract is no match for it's power.

Yeah yeah it's crazy but it's a way to change our thoughts on what power Thanos craves and explains why the Chitauri sucked in Avengers.




:P

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #69
bunk
superhero fan
 
bunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,477
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Burst View Post
I'm positive Thanos' presence will be felt in the upcoming movies, specially in Thor II.
Definitely. Thor/Odin are going to find are going to find out what Loki knows. I feel like Odin would be aware of Thanos, but maybe not

__________________
If a ghost exists, that means the world's broken. Howard Kremer
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #70
Gamingboy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 385
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

I think the Infinity Gems and Gauntlet should be the new recurringly referred to Macguffin. Like how the Tesseract/Cosmic Cube was featured or referred to in IM2 (easter egg), Thor (post-credits), Cap and Avengers.


Although they need to get the gauntlet and gems out of Asgard. So obviously, during the second Thor movie somebody- maybe Loki, maybe Surtur, maybe the Enchantress or whatever, could attack Asgard and during the battle the treasure room could be shattered and such, all of it's contents scattered to Earth through a black hole or something.

__________________
Marvel. DC. Indies. Who cares? Can't we all get along?
Gamingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #71
hegemony
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Thanos will be in Avengers 2. Why would they introduce him in the first film and not use him in the sequel.

hegemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #72
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Cool story bro, but I have the actual storyline of the Avengers movie on my side. You have a prop and your suppositions
And in what way does that contradict the Infinity Gauntlet being brought in? All you have are your suppositions, which are founded on thin air. I, on the other hand, have something to support my position. A prop which Marvel spent good money to have constructed. A prop which Marvel displayed for all the world to see. A prop which Feige dropped an oblique hint about during an awards ceremony about how the audience isn't supposed to see it yet, implying that it will be seen.

Quote:
Meanwhile, they've set up the Cosmic Cube to be the throughline, to be Thanos means for taking over the Universe - that's their different way of executing the plan. After all, if Thanos has the means to take over the Universe, why go chasing all over after all these gems?
Because he doesn't give a damn about taking over the universe. He's after genocide, not conquest. And given what his lackey said at the end of Avengers and his reaction, it's clear that Death is still his #1 priority even in the MCU. And for all the power the cube has, it doesn't hold a candle to the Infinity Gems.

Quote:
Which makes it even worse. In Captain America, The Cube is " the jewel of Odin's Treasure Room"
According to the Red Skull, who's hardly an authority. I very much doubt he got a look at the complete catalog of items which Odin keeps in his treasure room.

Quote:
- not the Infinity Gauntlet. I wish you guys would pay attention to the movies' storyline instead of just expecting everything from comics to happen, even when it contradicts what's been said on camera and off.
And I wish you wouldn't be so purposely obtuse when Marvel is blatantly telegraphing their moves. Especially when, despite your claims, it doesn't contradict anything that happens in the movies. I mean, you're talking about paying attention? Feige himself hinted at the Infinity Gauntlet playing a role down the road. If there's anyone who should have some idea about what route Marvel's going to be taking in the movies, one would think that it's Kevin Feige.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #73
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
 
Captain Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,193
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegemony View Post
Thanos will be in Avengers 2. Why would they introduce him in the first film and not use him in the sequel.
Will he be in it? Maybe. But as the main villain? Doubtful. Introducing him doesn't mean they're not going to use him, though. But that doesn't mean they can't string him out a bit. And think about it: If they do use Thanos as the main villain in Avengers 2 then how can they possibly top him for Avengers 3?

Remember, they're also planning a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Will that be out before or after Avengers 2? Who knows. But that's a team that's going to be packed full of people connected with Thanos in one way or another. It'd be really strange if Thanos is disposed of before these people are even introduced, much less have a chance to interact with him.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #74
ktulutu
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 33
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Ultron. And as an aside I am not sure why you bothered with all the bolded red text in the first post since you can clearly see the top of Thanos' distinctive mask/ helmet. But the title should have been enough right?

ktulutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #75
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Here's what I don't get about all these theories about Thanos wanting to gain control of the Cosmic Cube:

.....he already has control of the Cosmic Cube.

Look, if he can open portals through the Cube from the other side of the galaxy to let Loki sneak in, don't you think he already commands the Cube? If he really wanted the Cube, he would've just stepped into SHIELD's JDEM lab through that portal he created, splattered Fury & Co. to oblivion, and taken the Cube back home to Oz. Instead of sending someone like Loki on a mission that he knew was doomed to fail.

He set Loki up. That's pretty clear. He knew Loki would fail, and he knew that the Cube would wind up back in Asgard. Which means, as Captain Marvel has said above, that Thanos is clearly after something in Asgard.

Given that the Infinity Gauntlet was already teased in the Thor movie, and given Thanos' long and storied history with that shiny glove, it makes perfect sense that this is *exactly* what he's been after all along.

It's not a hard train of thought to follow, folks. Makes perfect sense.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.