The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #26
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
As there is for green color in Hulk: someone just put it there.
Stan felt Spiderman could be confused for Superman, I thought the notion ridiculous, but then I found myself agreeing
I think Stan said something about the green skin, Gray was too dark or something

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #27
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Stan felt Spiderman could be confused for Superman, I thought the notion ridiculous, but then I found myself agreeing
I think Stan said something about the green skin, Gray was too dark or something
Stan said the colour Gray didn't print very well, it was not consistent with what they illustrated colourwise, so they changed the Hulk's colour to Green.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
That's funny because, even with the hyphen, both characters share a lot of similar characteristics. I don't see the hyphen making much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
Stan said the colour Gray didn't print very well, it was not consistent with what they illustrated colourwise, so they changed the Hulk's colour to Green.
Exactly. It was that random. There's no meaning/reason/logic behind the green.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

^Reading the name

- ran by great folks
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #30
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
That's funny because, even with the hyphen, both characters share a lot of similar characteristics. I don't see the hyphen making much difference.
You know, I've always smiled at alot of the similarities between Supes and Spidey. Ironically both of them are probably in my top 5 superheroes. Both have a job at a major Newspaper company, both were raised by "foster" parents who taught them much good, both arch villains are simply rich billionaires. (Norman Osborn and Lex Luthor) I love the similarities!

Except Spidey isn't the leader of a superhero team but oh well. They both have so much in common.

Last edited by Doc Ock; 04-21-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixing a mistake! Replaced GG with LL.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

^I feel the same way!

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
You know, I've always smiled at alot of the similarities between Supes and Spidey. Ironically both of them are probably in my top 5 superheroes. Both have a job at a major Newspaper company, both were raised by "foster" parents who taught them much good, both arch villains are simply rich billionaires. (Norman Osborn and Lex Luthor) I love the similarities!

Except Spidey isn't the leader of a superhero team but oh well. They both have so much in common.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

lol I didn't even notice that, Anno. Pwahaha Good observation.

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
Old 04-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #34
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Uh, oopsie! Fixed that.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #35
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post

Gives me the desire to read Superman again
Don't remember why I stopped

- ran by great folks
Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 AM   #36
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Movie 1 has a burning building scene, no smoke
Movie 2 has a burning building scene, again no smoke
I'm glad the third movie didn't have that scene
Why is there no smoke?

- ran by great folks
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The third movie had MJ getting kidnapped again. Far more redundant than a burning building. Especially since by now nobody like the Cops or the media were suspicious that every time a super villain pops up MJ ends up getting kidnapped by them.

The newscaster should have said "The hostage is Mary Jane Watson, the same girl who has been kidnapped by the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in the past". Not a line about her failed Broadway career.

- The Joker
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #38
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

So true and very funny!

Anyway, I've right this minute got my headphones in, listening to Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head...thanks Spider-Man 2!

I believe in Batfleck
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #39
Gwendolyn Stacy
Nerdette

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The third movie had MJ getting kidnapped again. Far more redundant than a burning building. Especially since by now nobody like the Cops or the media were suspicious that every time a super villain pops up MJ ends up getting kidnapped by them.

The newscaster should have said "The hostage is Mary Jane Watson, the same girl who has been kidnapped by the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in the past". Not a line about her failed Broadway career.
I don't think they knew that the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus kidnapped her.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn Stacy View Post
How could they not? Her kidnappings were huge public events. The bridge incident with Goblin would have been a huge media storm, and MJ was seen being held hostage and rescued by dozens of people, including the people on the bridge, the tram, and on the boat that rescued them. She'd have been interviewed by the Cops at the very least about her ordeal.

Second we know the Police and the media knew she was abducted by Ock.

Robbie: "Still no word on the whereabouts of your son's fiancee"

A brigade of Cops showed up at the end after Spidey lowered MJ down to John.

- The Joker
Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #41
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I think there was a reference...or something in the script or novel. I'm not exactly sure what, but I do recall there being something talking about it. They probably just cut the dialogue out of the movie.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #42
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

So true! I always thought about this. Rather than making a mention of a lesser-known Broadway star, she's been kidnapped by her third villain and they don't mention that? So silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn Stacy View Post
Then the media in New York suck at their job seeing as how people should've been questioned at the bridge during Green Goblin's attack and the name Mary Jane Watson should have been used as well as cops arriving at the scene of that warehouse where Mary Jane was at.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #43
Gwendolyn Stacy
Nerdette

Quote:
How could they not? Her kidnappings were huge public events. The bridge incident with Goblin would have been a huge media storm, and MJ was seen being held hostage and rescued by dozens of people, including the people on the bridge, the tram, and on the boat that rescued them. She'd have been interviewed by the Cops at the very least about her ordeal.

Second we know the Police and the media knew she was abducted by Ock.

Robbie: "Still no word on the whereabouts of your son's fiancee"

A brigade of Cops showed up at the end after Spidey lowered MJ down to John.
Hadn't thought of that. And I forgot about that Daily Bugle scene.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #44
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Why is there no smoke?
Who cares?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #45
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Who cares?
Yeah, its something that has never been noticed by me.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Spider-Aziz has weird ass opinions all over the place

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #47
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Snape, is that avatar of yours a clip from the new CGI cartoon?

- ran by great folks
Old 04-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #48
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

No, it's from a video on youtube

" The Killing Joke in 3D"

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #49
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So true! I always thought about this. Rather than making a mention of a lesser-known Broadway star, she's been kidnapped by her third villain and they don't mention that? So silly.

Then the media in New York suck at their job seeing as how people should've been questioned at the bridge during Green Goblin's attack and the name Mary Jane Watson should have been used as well as cops arriving at the scene of that warehouse where Mary Jane was at.
Since you mentioned that, it kind of makes the writing seem...a little lazy, I guess - for lack of a better word. I mean, MJ was kidnapped in all three movies. It's funny to think the police wouldn't even know who was kidnapped, and same thing for the media. lol

Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #50
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Why is there no smoke?
You mean the movie about a fictional spider-bitten superhero? Gah! Where's the realism when you need it?

Closed Thread