The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #76
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Watching Spider-Man 2 right now, and as hard as I picked on it, it's still a fun flick to watch
Will save Spider-Man 3 for tomorrow, its 5th anniversary

Old 05-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #77
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Still love it as much as I did 8 years ago.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #78
roach
I am the night

yeah...Spider-man 2.5 has been on tv left and right and i forgot how awesome this movie was

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #79
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Since both anniversaries are done and I watched all 3 films, I removed them
Sad thing when I was watching SM3, I wasn't in a mood to enjoy it

Old 05-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #80
roach
I am the night

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ing-spider-man

Tobey Maquire interviews Garfield about being Spider-man.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #81
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ing-spider-man

Tobey Maquire interviews Garfield about being Spider-man.
My favorite part of the interview is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Garfield
I was 19 when I saw [Spider-Man]. I got a pirated dvd at portobello Market with my friend Terry Mcguiness, and we went back to my skanky apartment in North London and we watched it twice in a row and then practiced your final line in the mirror!
[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/25029/144053-82775-terry-mcginnis_super.jpg[/IMG]
Batman of the Future & the Amazing Spider-Man are buddies

Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #82
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

So just for the hell of it, I added up all the WW totals of each Spider-Man film. And it comes out to...

$2,496,634,518

God damn, that is an assload of cash.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #83
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
So just for the hell of it, I added up all the WW totals of each Spider-Man film. And it comes out to...

$2,496,634,518

I got $2,496,346,518.

S-M 1 - $821,708,551
S-M 2 - $783,766,341
S-M 3 - $890,871,626

TDKR needs to make $1,121,714,678+ to beat Raimi's trilogy, lol.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #84
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:

$2,496,634,518

Sad thing is, Bay-Formers still grabbed more cash

Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #85
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If we know anything, the general audience during the summer will go all in for mindless entertainment.

How else would Spider-Man 3 have made more money than Spider-Man 2?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #86
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Am I the only one for whom Spider-Man 2 has gotten slightly worse over the years?
When it first came out, it was undoubtedly the greatest superhero movie of the time, and when Batman Begins did, my fanboy mind wrestled for months trying to decide which one I liked better.

In the end, I did think BB was better than Spidey 2 but only slightly. Nowadays I think BB is much better than Spidey 2. I think the cheese factor of Raimi's movies might be bothering me more than it used to >_>

Free Original Music

Last edited by Brain Damage; 05-10-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #87
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

I agree with you, Doc Ock's story is what saves the movie to me. Spider-man losing his powers subplot was good but could've been handled better.

I don't even mind most of the cheese (it's a Raimi movie after all); the biggest flaw of the trilogy will be always be Maguire as the main character imho. It's not his fault (I think he's a decent actor) but he's just not the Spider-man I wanted to see.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #88
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Wait. So BO numbers have nothing to do with quality???

Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #89
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Am I the only one for whom Spider-Man 2 has gotten slightly worse over the years?
When it first came out, it was undoubtedly the greatest superhero movie of the time, and when Batman Begins did, my fanboy mind wrestled for months trying to decide which one I liked better.

In the end, I did think BB was better than Spidey 2 but only slightly. Nowadays I think BB is much better than Spidey 2. I think the cheese factor of Raimi's movies might be bothering me more than it used to >_>
Spider-Man has gotten worst through time, but Spider-Man 2 hasn't to me, imo. It's still amazing and the SFX still look marvelous; the direct opposite to Spider-Man.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #90
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:

$2,496,634,518

Sweet. And Spidey came out of the gate breaking records.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It was obvious since that was the first Spider-Man movie to ever been released in theatres and he's such an iconic superhero.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #92
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Well, given the amount of CGI and explosions those movies had, it's not too surprising. Doesn't mean the Raimi Spider-Man movies are slouches. No matter how you looked at it, a billion dollars is a lot of money. Be it 1 billion, 2 billion, or 10 billion.

Once you make to a billion, you're big time by default.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #93
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Well, given the amount of CGI and explosions those movies had, it's not too surprising. Doesn't mean the Raimi Spider-Man movies are slouches. No matter how you looked at it, a billion dollars is a lot of money. Be it 1 billion, 2 billion, or 10 billion.

Once you make to a billion, you're big time by default.
That explains Avengers for me. Not comparing it to Bay-formers but the money they made/are making.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #94
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Wait. So BO numbers have nothing to do with quality???
That's not an opinion I'd think of

Old 05-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #95
roach
I am the night

I want to like the new movie.
I really do.
I am not as much as a Raimi fan as I am a Spider-man fan
I want to like that there is quipping
I want to like that there are mechanical web shooters
but I can't
I realize its because of the supporters
not all of them but the ones who hated the Raimi films
How can you hate the Raimi series for making changes but be ok with the changes Webb made?
The hypocrisy of it all is really turning me off this movie.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #96
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quipping aside, TASM doesn't look that good. The colour palette bores me, everything looks drab and the special effects are numbing. Not saying they're bad, but CGI all looks the same to me now.

I'll probably see it as it won't cost me, but I expect to enjoy the couple of things it improves whilst mourning all of the good things we lost in rebooting the series. JK Simmons

Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #97
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
I am not as much as a Raimi fan as I am a Spider-man fan
I want to like that there is quipping
I want to like that there are mechanical web shooters

Urm... what exactly don't you like about a funny Spider-Man and something which shows off Peter's intelligent side?

Quote:
So bandwagon fans are turning you off from the movie?

That's weird. I wouldn't hate on something just because there's stupid people who like the same thing. It makes no sense.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #98
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I would hate something because of bandwagon fans because they can make something literally depressing, imo. So for that, I get what roach is saying. ALTHOUGH, you can chose not to listen to those bandwagon fans if you do really want to be excited for the reboot. Because you're letting them get to you, then it doesn't seem like you REALLY want to be excited for the reboot.

But then the hypocrisy goes either way. For someone to say the new reboot looks "boring" just seems like a fan of Raimi's trilogy who would just hate and bash on the reboot just because.

Hypocrites are on either side.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #99
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
ALTHOUGH, you can chose not to listen to those bandwagon fans if you do really want to be excited for the reboot. Because you're letting them get to you, then it doesn't seem like you REALLY want to be excited for the reboot.

But then the hypocrisy goes either way. For someone to say the new reboot looks "boring" just seems like a fan of Raimi's trilogy who would just hate and bash on the reboot just because.

Agreed.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #100
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I would hate something because of bandwagon fans because they can make something literally depressing, imo. So for that, I get what roach is saying. ALTHOUGH, you can chose not to listen to those bandwagon fans if you do really want to be excited for the reboot. Because you're letting them get to you, then it doesn't seem like you REALLY want to be excited for the reboot.

I agree there are hypocrites on both sides

but its when I try to go into the AMS threads I end up spending more time defending the Raimi series instead of discussing the new movie because someone mentions the prototype suit in AMS looks more home made than the wrestling suit or Raimi never showed the wall crawling or something even more stupid.

Closed Thread