The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #101
Karelia
We Are Groot

Default Re: Brad Peyton Directing Lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
IF Lobo takes place 90% on earth (like the live action Masters of the Universe) then this movie is doomed.
I am hoping a lot of the movie takes place in space. But I won't automatically say it's doomed if otherwise. (I'm too much of an optimist for CBM's...)

Some things I'd like to see:

Lobo's love for space dolphins
Lobo visiting Al's Diner (frequently visited it in older comics) and flirting with the waitress Darlene.
SpazFrag (Space-Bike)

Some new parodies could be interesting.

Also if he is on Earth... I'd love to see him beat up a guy dressed up as Santa Claus... It'd be awesome.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #102
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

If they want to show Lobo with violence, then it would be in space where killing aliens is allowed in the movies, without making it R rated.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #103
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

The public response to this announcement is astounding. Absolute zero ****s were given.

They should've done DCnU's Animal Man instead. Make it the world's first superhero/horror movie.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #104
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I just found out about it today. Enthusiasm is through the roof...

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #105
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
Just seeing that pic? Have to go with Jefferey Dean Morgan ('The Losers').

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #106
Karelia
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
Seems to be a fan favorite. I wouldn't mind him, but I'd rather Kevin Durand get it. Maybe I'm just a little eh about JDM because he already played The Comedian.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #107
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:

He really seems to be the choice of not just comic book fans but non fans alike. I told one of my friends about this movie the other day and he's as casual as they come when it comes to being a comic fan. His response was "they should get the badass Robert Downey, Jr. (what he calls JDM) for the role".

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #108
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Seems to be a fan favorite. I wouldn't mind him, but I'd rather Kevin Durand get it. Maybe I'm just a little eh about JDM because he already played The Comedian.
I'm not really familiar with him though I hear that name mentioned a lot to when it comes to the main man. What has he done that you would recommend?

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #109
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'd say one thing going in Dean's favorite definitely is, not just that he seems to be a fan-favorite, but typically studios like making affiliations with actors, directors, writers, etc. So it's more Silver, behind this film and 'The Losers,' has already had a working relationship with him. Didn't really know the fan thing, just was looking at it from a studio perspective.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #110
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
I'd say one thing going in Dean's favorite definitely is, not just that he seems to be a fan-favorite, but typically studios like making affiliations with actors, directors, writers, etc. So it's more Silver, behind this film and 'The Losers,' has already had a working relationship with him. Didn't really know the fan thing, just was looking at it from a studio perspective.
Yeah I had a feeling the fact that he's already been a big part of 2 previous DC adaptations could work in his favor. Do you know if Silver is still insisting on having the teen sidekick around or is he open to have that element removed if Peyton doesn't want to include that?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #111
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Can't really say anything.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-24-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #112
Karelia
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I'm not really familiar with him though I hear that name mentioned a lot to when it comes to the main man. What has he done that you would recommend?
I don't think he' s ever had a major role in any movies, just supporting. A lot of people liked him in "Smokin Aces." I thought he was funny in Russel Crowe's Robin Hood, the little time he was in it. Hmmm, he also played The Blob... He also played Keamy in Lost. (Military Soldier) I also remember him having a part in Real Steel and I Am Number Four. He's a pretty great actor, IMO. Plus he's 6'6 and already got a build to him.

KD is the only person I know of that I'd really like to see play Lobo. I'm sure their's plenty of other actors that could play the part fine, just haven't heard many other names so far that have really got my attention.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 04-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #113
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Can't really say anything.

Ah, understandable. I for one hope that old Joel gets over his Jon Peters like insistence on including such an element in a Lobo film. A space faring bar hopping bad ass bounty hunter/biker is strong enough to sustain a film on his own. No need to add superflous precocious kids into the mix for "comic relief" Lobo's antics are funny enough on their own at times.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #114
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
I don't think he' s ever had a major role in any movies, just supporting. A lot of people liked him in "Smokin Aces." I thought he was funny in Russel Crowe's Robin Hood, the little time he was in it. Hmmm, he also played The Blob... He also played Keamy in Lost. (Military Soldier) I also remember him having a part in Real Steel and I Am Number Four. He's a pretty great actor, IMO. Plus he's 6'6 and already got a build to him.

KD is the only person I know of that I'd really like to see play Lobo. I'm sure their's plenty of other actors that could play the part fine, just haven't heard many other names so far that have really got my attention.
Thanks for the info. I still haven't checked out Carnahan's movie or Ridley's take on Robin Hood but I'll definitely check em out now to see what the guy's capable of.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #115
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

That sidekick was actually tough and not of the comedic kind. Basically it was no Sam Witwicky.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #116
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

That sidekick was actually tough and not of the comedic kind. Basically it was no Sam Witwicky.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #117
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I dont see why people are so negative toward this, the character is very much the type of anti-hero that people love, like Hellboy and Wolverine, I think a movie on him would work great.

Also, the budget shouldnt be huge, if in 2008 they could make a Hellboy movie for $85 million, i'm sure now a good Lobo movie could be done for $95-100 million.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #118
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
The public response to this announcement is astounding. Absolute zero ****s were given.
Well...it's not like most people know who Lobo is.

As far as Jeffrey Dean Morgan goes...I wouldn't mind him getting a shot, but I don't know that he has the range and the intensity neccessary to pull off Lobo properly. He's rather a stoic fellow. Granted, I haven't seen THE LOSERS.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #119
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Well...it's not like most people know who Lobo is.

As far as Jeffrey Dean Morgan goes...I wouldn't mind him getting a shot, but I don't know that he has the range and the intensity neccessary to pull off Lobo properly. He's rather a stoic fellow. Granted, I haven't seen THE LOSERS.
Because there have been so many stoic, quiet actors that haven't been able to do this before?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #120
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I dont see why people are so negative toward this, the character is very much the type of anti-hero that people love, like Hellboy and Wolverine, I think a movie on him would work great.

Also, the budget shouldnt be huge, if in 2008 they could make a Hellboy movie for $85 million, i'm sure now a good Lobo movie could be done for $95-100 million.
Hellboy is a likable hero. Wolverine is a tormented anti-hero.

Lobo is a psychopathic monster. Slight difference.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #121
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because there have been so many stoic, quiet actors that haven't been able to do this before?
I get your point. But Morgan hasn't shown much range in his TV and film career. I suppose it's possible he could do it...I just haven't seen anything that suggests he'd be the best choice for the role. This is an actor who is darn close to being typecast, and who more or less already was on TV.

I'm trying to think of an actor I would consider stoic and quieter, with limited range as an actor, who has done an explosive role like Lobo. Having issues. Can you think of any?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #122
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Hellboy is a likable hero. Wolverine is a tormented anti-hero.

Lobo is a psychopathic monster. Slight difference.
From what I have read of him he is a lunatic, but he can also be quite heroic as well, maybe thats the angle they are going for?

Story sounds a lot like Drax's at the beginning of Marvel's Annihilation storyline as well.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #123
Airwings
Waves of air

Interesting that Warner Bros were so quick on this project, but not putting any real effort in The Flash or Wonder Woman.

And NO, obscure DC characters don't make it up for the loss of the iconic superheroes.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #124
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
Interesting that Warner Bros were so quick on this project, but not putting any real effort in The Flash or Wonder Woman.

And NO, obscure DC characters don't make it up for the loss of the iconic superheroes.
The two, as I've stressed before, have nothing to do with each other. This film starting up has absolutely nothing to do with Avengers. This film was in the works for a LONG time. Just like Logan's Run and a list of other titles. Chances are Peyton was in the office, they asked him what he might be interested in and he chose 'Lobo,' gave them a pitch - they liked it, they bought it. And hopefully this time it'll get off the ground and onto the screen. Nothing more nothing less. Not some 'vast conspiracy.'

Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #125
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
It's safer to do a Lobo or a Doom Patrol than an Aquaman, basically. Hell, we'd probably see the Metal Men before any JL type flick.

And i'm totally fine with this, because I love The Metal Men & would like to see a movie adaptation of them.

Anyway, I'm not much into Lobo, but i'll go see & support this movie only if DC gives us more movies like The Flash & others.