The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick
 
Oruku Saki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: gigantic extradimensional citadel deep underground
Posts: 754
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

I also believe MODOK would be right up Del Toro's alley. They could really do a creepy MODOK for the t.v. show. Also, I think it would make the show better NOT to have only Hulk going up against another powerhouse; that would get old really quickly. I mean, yeah, I wanna see an awesome Hulk vs fight but just not every single episode.

__________________
GIVE UP... ON ME GIVING UP!
Oruku Saki is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.
 
Bruce Banner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storage Unit
Posts: 3,749
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ra View Post
Banner was a child prodigy and he is a super genius like Reed Richards and Tony Stark. It was said in one comic that there was not an IQ test that could tell how intelligent he is.
Yeah, I remember him being a prodigy. But, he was like what, early Thirties when he pushed Rick Jones into the ditch?

__________________
Member of the SHH Rockstar Team:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uper_hero_hype

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,370
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Manager View Post
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Why do you always announce it twice?

__________________
"Gone, gone the form of man,
Rise the demon Etrigan!"
Kirk Langstrom is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
terry78
I don't die, fool
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 77,504
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Why do you always announce it twice?
His robotic protocols require dual notifications in order to maintain authority within the Superherohype.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.
 
Bruce Banner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storage Unit
Posts: 3,749
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
His robotic protocols require dual notifications in order to maintain authority within the Superherohype.
So, it's basically like Tyler Durden saying the second rule of fight club?

__________________
Member of the SHH Rockstar Team:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uper_hero_hype

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
Gamma Ra
Side-Kick
 
Gamma Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,789
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Yeah, I remember him being a prodigy. But, he was like what, early Thirties when he pushed Rick Jones into the ditch?
It's never been stated that I know, comic books rarely state ages of characters. Banner was most likely in his mid twenties to early thirties around that time.

__________________
"Well, one thing I’ve been saying is that on the TV show they should make the Hulk a bit more intelligent." Stan Lee 1978 Interview
Gamma Ra is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Gamma Ra
Side-Kick
 
Gamma Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,789
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oruku Saki View Post
I also believe MODOK would be right up Del Toro's alley. They could really do a creepy MODOK for the t.v. show. Also, I think it would make the show better NOT to have only Hulk going up against another powerhouse; that would get old really quickly. I mean, yeah, I wanna see an awesome Hulk vs fight but just not every single episode.
Now this is thinking outside the box. Every fight should not be against powerhouses, I want high tech foes, along with monstrous and even spooky. The old 70's television show had a few episode of voodoo and ghostly psychological aspects.

I want to see Hulk interact with people too as a character.

__________________
"Well, one thing I’ve been saying is that on the TV show they should make the Hulk a bit more intelligent." Stan Lee 1978 Interview
Gamma Ra is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.
 
Bruce Banner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storage Unit
Posts: 3,749
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ra View Post
It's never been stated that I know, comic books rarely state ages of characters. Banner was most likely in his mid twenties to early thirties around that time.
I was thinking somewhere around there too.

But, with the MCU version of Hulk. We have 5 years of him as a fugitive after the Culver University incident, the events of TIH, and then another 2 two years without incident leading to TA. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

I'm just trying to understand what they were planning if they were going for an early 20's version of the character in the TV show. If it's supposed to take place in the same realm of the MCU.

__________________
Member of the SHH Rockstar Team:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uper_hero_hype

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
Gamma Ra
Side-Kick
 
Gamma Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,789
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I was thinking somewhere around there too.

But, with the MCU version of Hulk. We have 5 years of him as a fugitive after the Culver University incident, the events of TIH, and then another 2 two years without incident leading to TA. (Correct me if I'm wrong please)

I'm just trying to understand what they were planning if they were going for an early 20's version of the character in the TV show. If it's supposed to take place in the same realm of the MCU.
Your movie knowledge is correct.

However, early Del Toro interviews stated that the show wasn't going to exist in the movie universe, but where that will stand after everyone involved has their say, who can tell?

__________________
"Well, one thing I’ve been saying is that on the TV show they should make the Hulk a bit more intelligent." Stan Lee 1978 Interview

Last edited by Gamma Ra; 04-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Gamma Ra is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.
 
Bruce Banner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storage Unit
Posts: 3,749
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Ra View Post
Your movie knowledge is correct.

Early Del Toro interviews stated that the show wasn't going to exist in the movie universe, but where that will stand after everyone involved has their say, who can tell?
Yeah, we're playing the waiting game.
A little bit after May 4th, I'm sure we'll at least get more of an idea of what is in store for the big green guy.

__________________
Member of the SHH Rockstar Team:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uper_hero_hype

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

The only concern I have with the show is presentation of the Hulk. Considering the budget will be considerably lower it's going to be hard to top the Hulk of Avengers when it comes to presenting a realistic-looking Hulk.

Drummerdude7 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.
 
A Necessary Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,217
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

I just want another hulk movie.

The tv show will be good i'm sure, but I'd still like another shot at hulk.

__________________
This is my design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Agreed. There are pros and cons to both really.

On hand, there's the budget limitations I mentioned, but a TV show allows for MUCH more development than we've received in any of the Hulk films.

Meanwhile, a movie allows for greater realization, visually, of Hulk and his rogues, but with the previous track record of the two movies' reception, I can see why Marvel is hesitant to put out a third.

Drummerdude7 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 55,428
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Why do you always announce it twice?
The first post's link takes you to the first page of the 1,000 post thread that just closed.

The second post's link takes you to the first page of the 1,000 post thread that was closed before the last one.

So...this thread is labeled Part 8....the first link takes you the first post in Part 7....the second link takes you the first post in Part 6.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7



All hail C. Lee, envoy to the mighty Thread Manager.

Drummerdude7 is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #18
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post


All hail C. Lee, envoy to the mighty Thread Manager.
He is the herald of Threadlatus.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants
Loki: i have an armyTony Stark: we have a hulk!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
Hmarrs
Side-Kick
 
Hmarrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
So, it's basically like Tyler Durden saying the second rule of fight club?
Off topic but.Do you know when Ed Norton punches Brad Pitt in the ear
was actually real.Apparently the director pulled Norton to the side and asked him to hit Pitt for real to get a real response.
That's why you hear Pitt say...
"Ow you hit me in my ear!!!!"

__________________
Every day is new beggining.

Last edited by Hmarrs; 04-25-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Hmarrs is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
Off topic but.Do you know when Ed Norton punches Brad Pitt in the ear
was actually real.Apparently the director pulled Noron to the side and asked him to hit Pitt for real to get a real response.
That's why you hear Pitt say...
"Ow you hit me in my ear!!!!"
lol i just found it on youtube. but i can't post it becasue he says the F word.

The name of the video is "Fight Club - Hit Me!" Just put in into the YouTube search.
http://www.youtube.com

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants
Loki: i have an armyTony Stark: we have a hulk!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 9,821
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
He is the herald of Threadlatus.
9 years ago I made that?
Time flies...

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is online now  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #22
dcHulk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 594
Angry Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
I just want another hulk movie.

The tv show will be good i'm sure, but I'd still like another shot at hulk.
I agree with this! And it seems like a greater possibility than has been recently reported. According to Total Film:

"It seems Ruffalo and Feige have discussed a standalone Hulk feature, with Feige stating: "When it'll be, who knows? But the conversation's definitely started".
Ruffalo added: "I’m gonna try and get Joss Whedon in a room and work out what could be a Hulk movie, with Kevin’s blessing of course."

dcHulk is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #23
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,628
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcHulk View Post
I agree with this! And it seems like a greater possibility than has been recently reported. According to Total Film:

"It seems Ruffalo and Feige have discussed a standalone Hulk feature, with Feige stating: "When it'll be, who knows? But the conversation's definitely started".
Ruffalo added: "I’m gonna try and get Joss Whedon in a room and work out what could be a Hulk movie, with Kevin’s blessing of course."
That's great, man. It's so cool to see Ruffalo pumped for more Hulk.

Gamma Burst is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #24
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 49,323
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Reading all these positive reactions, I can't wait to see the Hulk in Action myself. Only one more day.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,605
Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 8

Hulk Smash Puny Aliens. Cannot wait.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.