The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #26
J.Howlett

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Iron Man is the only one you really have to come up with an excuse for. Cap (I assume) will have SHIELD as his backup and Thor will be off in another realm. Feige has already stated that they'll deal with the issue of IM having a reason that he doesn't call in help, so it sounds like they're on top of the problem.
Very curious to see how they do it. At least, they have been thinking about how to justify it...which is good.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #27
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
He stated in an interview a few months back that after IM3, his contract with Marvel will be up and that they will "renegotiate" afterwards, which I assume means "demand much more money."
Well, they got disney now and they should pay that man whatever he wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Definitely should've been Iron Man 2. I do wonder what becomes of RDJ after Iron Man 3. How man films did he sign up for?
He signed up for 4 originally.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Iron Man definitely deserves a true solo movie now, I think we can all agree with that.

I wonder if they can introduce another Avengers member in Cap's second movie without it being invasive? His seems like it would be the best opportunity. In general, Cap flourishes in a team setting because it plays into the leadership and charisma of the character.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #29
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
Iron Man definitely deserves a true solo movie now, I think we can all agree with that.

I wonder if they can introduce another Avengers member in Cap's second movie without it being invasive? His seems like it would be the best opportunity. In general, Cap flourishes in a team setting because it plays into the leadership and charisma of the character.
Falcon would be the obvious choice, for both a Cap ally *and* a long-time Avenger.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
4green
Side-Kick

Aside from a version of the Crimson Dynamo, what are other Chinese Armored characters in the Marvel Universe?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #31
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

There is a chinese version of Crimson Dynamo? Thought all the incarnations were russian..

Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #32
4green
Side-Kick

I believe the "Ultimates" version was from the whole "Red China" idea....can somebody confirm this?

Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #33
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

just found it, on wikipedia (so take with a grain of salt in case its wrong) but Alex Su was chinese dynamo in ultimate universe. Part of the Liberators.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 04-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #34
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Very curious to see how they do it. At least, they have been thinking about how to justify it...which is good.
Seeing as how they're going with Extremis, there's a really good monologue that Tony gives to the guy who was causing all the mayhem and eventually takes down. He basically explained why taking this guy down was something extremely personal and how it had to be him who took care of it. Something along the lines of, "I had every chance in the past to become you, and now that I see you I knew it had to be me who defeats you."

Of course we don't know if they're going that route because the possibility of a Mandarin or other such enemy might not make as much sense. The guy Tony fought in Extremis also took the Extremis drug and was pretty much Tony's polar opposite. He wasn't a big name or anything. So if we don't see that explanation (which I loved) then something else is going to have to suffice.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #35
Chris B
Side-Kick

Aside from Rhodes maybe continuing on as War Machine, I really hope that they don't introduce any other armored heroes like that one article regarding Lau suggests.

I think most would agree that one of IM2's problems was too many heroes. Not to mention that it takes away from the uniqueness of Iron Man if there are a bunch of copycats running around.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #36
4green
Side-Kick

I actually wouldn't mind seeing another armored character or two. Especially if its canon. Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man would be great. Aside from those mentioned and Mandarin, mostly all of Iron Man's lesser foes need to be re-invented, as they are all tools. Its probably why Whiplash had to be a fusion of two characters.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #37
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4green View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing another armored character or two. Especially if its canon. Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man would be great. Aside from those mentioned and Mandarin, mostly all of Iron Man's lesser foes need to be re-invented, as they are all tools. Its probably why Whiplash had to be a fusion of two characters.
Yeah, I hear people complain about "too many armors," and maybe even RDJ himself feels like it dilutes his character or steals his spotlight, I dunno; but the fact of the matter is that anyone who's read Iron Man comics knows full well that it's *always* been about armors. Heck, even the popular Armored Adventures toon even expands on it by making Mandarin basically another armored villain.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Radioactive Man is Chinese. But not armored. And apparently not always a villain. But is a scientist!

No, not that one.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #39
4green
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I hear people complain about "too many armors," and maybe even RDJ himself feels like it dilutes his character or steals his spotlight, I dunno; but the fact of the matter is that anyone who's read Iron Man comics knows full well that it's *always* been about armors. Heck, even the popular Armored Adventures toon even expands on it by making Mandarin basically another armored villain.
^ THIS.
Armor Wars. Nuff' said. It makes sense for a character like him to have similar opponents. Its probably also why most of his other rivals are easily dispatched (see the the finale of Demon In A Bottle" where he mops the floor with all of Hammer's henchmen.) Hell, they even had to give Whiplash a suit in order for him to deal with Iron Man in the last flick!

I understand that nobody wants repetition with villains. But to have someone go toe-to-toe with him, would require probably one not from his own roster of rogues. Either that or it would need to be a bit more creative with said armored villains.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

I intially had a problem with there being 'Chinese armored heroes' but it makes sense in the context of the movies. The great thing about IM2 was that it introduced the military industrial aspect and was a shout out to Armor Wars. I may be alone here but I loved every scene regarding this. Especially the Senate hearing, the over-the top introduction of the 'Hammerbots', and anything to do with Justin Hammer or development of hte suits. The problems with the movie were of course with the downer palladium poisioning angle, not the armors. It makes sense for the Chinese to have their own suits at this point if North Korea and Iran had developed crude copies. I am assuming that like all Chinese tech, they will be lesser quality than what Stark/US has. I just hope they play a good role and this isn't some ploy to kowtow to the Chinese government. That's my big fear with them shooting in China. I also hope they aren't biting off too much with Extremis and the Mandarin. Personally, I really have no problem without a true Mandarin. He can never be pulled off convincingly using actual rings. Perhaps extremis/nanotech gives him the powers? Mallen was able to breathe fire and shoot electricity, so it may not be too farfetched.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #41
Victarion
Cut

In this film universe, how can you not accept the rings? Since we've got gods and aliens the rings don't seem farfetched...

Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #42
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
In this film universe, how can you not accept the rings? Since we've got gods and aliens the rings don't seem farfetched...
Nothing we have seen in the MCU would be as ridiculous as flames, ice, disintegration beams, and gravity rearrangers coming out of rings. How could you pack so much technology into a tiny ring? The tech in Iron Man is relatively grounded. I don't see any way of them pulling this off without it looking a bit silly. Not to mention taking away from the Infinity Gauntlet. Well, assuming they are using that in the Avengers sequel.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Well I don't think it'd be silly.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #44
4green
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Nothing we have seen in the MCU would be as ridiculous as flames, ice, disintegration beams, and gravity rearrangers coming out of rings. How could you pack so much technology into a tiny ring? The tech in Iron Man is relatively grounded. I don't see any way of them pulling this off without it looking a bit silly. Not to mention taking away from the Infinity Gauntlet. Well, assuming they are using that in the Avengers sequel.
The rings will be mini-miniaturized arc reactors. That you can slip on like rings. LOL

Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #45
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4green View Post
Aside from a version of the Crimson Dynamo, what are other Chinese Armored characters in the Marvel Universe?
Having just read Invincible Iron Man #513 featured the Chinese Avengers The Dynasty they immediately popped into my head

Invincible Iron Man #513

Quote:
Summary: Iron Man attacks the Dreadnoughts that were attacking the Three Gorges Dam in China, hoping to prevent the Dreadnoughts from destroying the dam and flooding the surrounding countryside. IM is soon joined by the Dynasty, which is the Chinese equivalent of the Avengers

And then we have Extemis rumors. IM3 is sounding very intriguing.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #46
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

Having some other heroes (Chinese armored ones) get whipped by Mandarin is a good way of showing just how powerful he is. Therefore, when Iron Man rises to the occasion and defeats Mandarin, we'll realize just how awesome Iron Man is.

Regarding Tony not calling on SHIELD for help. One, Tony might be too proud to do so. Two, he might have a personal stake in defeating the bad guy (someone close to him is killed by the villain). Three, Tony most likely has to travel to China at some point. China isn't necessarily a part of SHIELD and therefore wouldn't allow SHIELD personnel into their country uninvited.

A villain that is particularly threatening to today's world? I think a technological virus would be rather devastating. We're so dependent on technology that if someone could figure out how to turn it against us (ie a virus or mind control), they'd be rather threatening. Especially if they could spread it through materials that originate in China, as most things are manufactured at least in part in China. A terrorist that does so would be a threat to the world, and China would not like being made to look like they're helping him.

Hopefully the Chinese government assigns an attractive Chinese girl to be their liaison with Stark.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #47
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Jamie says that Scarlett Johannson and Don Cheadle will NOT be reprising their roles as Black Widow or Rhodey in Iron Man 3. WTF?

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #48
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

That can only mean one thing. There's plans for a SHIELD movie.

Potential Username Suggestion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
Sebastos
Bebop User

Really no War Machine?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #50
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Jamie says that Scarlett Johannson and Don Cheadle will NOT be reprising their roles as Black Widow or Rhodey in Iron Man 3. WTF?
Who's Jamie. I've heard Scarlett say she's not in it but nothing from Cheadle yet. With his TV show, I could possibly see why he wouldn't be in it.

Closed Thread