Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #76
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
If that's true, then that is full of win. If they want to make this film as good as the first one if not better, they need to cut out the fat. I want it to focus on Stark/Iron man, not him AND War Machine. Also, ScarJo has no reason to be in this film.
I agree about not including Black Widow. There's absolutely no reason for her to be there. She's not undercover at Stark Industries anymore, so what would be the point?

As far as Rhodey, he simply has to be there in some fashion. They can't ignore what happened in IM2. They have to make some statement about what he's doing and what's happened with the War Machine armor. If they can write away Tony's ability to call on the Avengers in IM3, they can surely explain why War Machine isn't bailing him out either.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #77
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I agree about not including Black Widow. There's absolutely no reason for her to be there. She's not undercover at Stark Industries anymore, so what would be the point?

As far as Rhodey, he simply has to be there in some fashion. They can't ignore what happened in IM2. They have to make some statement about what he's doing and what's happened with the War Machine armor. If they can write away Tony's ability to call on the Avengers in IM3, they can surely explain why War Machine isn't bailing him out either.
As far as I'm concerned, if they don't it won't bug me that much. I'll just think to myself that he's off doing something else, for the government. He did leave with the armor at the end of IM2 and said to Tony something along the lines of "I wasn't asking" in regards to keeping the suit.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #78
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

As far as addressing Rhodes' whereabouts: Stark comes looking for Rhodey to help with whats coming, someone at the base says he is overseas. Done. Short and Sweet. Then if Andy Lau is a good guy, he can help out stark instead.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #79
kaijunexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
As far as addressing Rhodes' whereabouts: Stark comes looking for Rhodey to help with whats coming, someone at the base says he is overseas. Done. Short and Sweet. Then if Andy Lau is a good guy, he can help out stark instead.
I really hope they don't resort to single throwaway lines to account for the absence of a character. That would be awful.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #80
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
If that's true, then that is full of win. If they want to make this film as good as the first one if not better, they need to cut out the fat. I want it to focus on Stark/Iron man, not him AND War Machine. Also, ScarJo has no reason to be in this film.
It was clear from IM2 that Tony retains the War Machine armor. Cheadle can be in this as Rhodey, which is how it should be.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #81
kaijunexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
It was clear from IM2 that Tony retains the War Machine armor.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #82
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Exactly....as mentioned above, IM2 ends with Rhodey *telling* Stark he's taking the MkII, not *asking* him.

And frankly, I'm tired of all the War Machine hate I hear from scattered threads (including this one) on SHH....the fact of the matter is that War Machine has always been a very popular character, still is, and Rhodey remains Stark's closest friend. Writing him out is like writing out Chewbacca, or Rico Tubbs, or Mr. Spock, or The Sundance Kid, or Silent Bob, or Buzz Lightyear, or Joliet Jake.

Screw the haters....bring War Machine back, in full force.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #83
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm with people who said that Black Widow shouldn't be in this one. I also hope that the War Machine suit is not including in this one. Let Iron Man fight his own battles.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #84
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Exactly....as mentioned above, IM2 ends with Rhodey *telling* Stark he's taking the MkII, not *asking* him.

And frankly, I'm tired of all the War Machine hate I hear from scattered threads (including this one) on SHH....the fact of the matter is that War Machine has always been a very popular character, still is, and Rhodey remains Stark's closest friend. Writing him out is like writing out Chewbacca, or Rico Tubbs, or Mr. Spock, or The Sundance Kid, or Silent Bob, or Buzz Lightyear, or Joliet Jake.

Screw the haters....bring War Machine back, in full force.
Pretty much. Writing him out by doing something like having Stark ask where he is and be told 'overseas' is insulting to everyone else who followed the first two movies. Rhodey was established as Stark's best friend and a major supporting character, writing him out leaves a gaping black hole.

Though it could be less unbelievable to write him out of the action (or most of it) and just concentrate on his role as Stark's friend. They could try and have Rhodey stay in the States, even if Stark is in trouble in China it would take even an Iron Man/War Machine hours to fly to his rescue and making it almost pointless. Saying that though it would still look weird to audiences who followed both films to see him sit it out.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #85
The Guard
Side-Kick

Rhodey and War Machine should absolutley be back. In what will likely be the greatest test of Tony's life, his best friend/ally needs to be involved.

Multiple armored characters might make Iron Man's tech look a bit less special/effective (not that IRON MAN 2 did), but that's kind of the point of Extremis, isn't it? Taking the tech to a whole new level?

This cast...

Robert Downy Jr.
Gwyneth Paltrow
Ben Kingsley
Don Cheadle
Jessica Chastain
Guy Pearce
Andy Lau

Wow.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #86
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Rhodey is one of Tony's only real "friends", he needs to be in his final chapter and fight for his life.

At the same time, Rhodey wouldn't be allowed to just wonder around in what is now "government property" at will. Even if the government has control of the War Machine armor, Rhodey needs to be in the movie.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #87
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
Rhodey is one of Tony's only real "friends", he needs to be in his final chapter and fight for his life.

At the same time, Rhodey wouldn't be allowed to just wonder around in what is now "government property" at will. Even if the government has control of the War Machine armor, Rhodey needs to be in the movie.

Yeah, as a good compromise, I could see Iron Man and War Machine taking on the bad guy(s) in an early battle and War Machine getting severely wounded and sent back to the hospital in a coma clinging for his life, while Tony goes off to China on his own to track down the bad guys....not just for basic revenge motif, but maybe to find something that can cure/help Rhodey recover. It's a standard but effective action movie tactic that lets the hero take center stage while still illustrating the full range of his bro-mance with his #1 Bud.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #88
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

So has it been confirmed that will be no Avengers involvement of any kind in IM3?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #89
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I hoping Thanos appears in Avengers,if so,they need to have the Blood Brothers in end credits of IM3.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #90
Casius--J
Web Master

I would love to see War Machine in this again, I don't see why he can't be out fighting henchmen whilst Stark takes on the "Boss"

Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #91
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
So has it been confirmed that will be no Avengers involvement of any kind in IM3?
Pretty much.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #92
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really hope they don't resort to single throwaway lines to account for the absence of a character. That would be awful.
lol, I was just giving a skeleton. They can flesh out specifics however they want. It definitely doesn't need any more than 5 minutes at the most, imho

Old 05-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #93
4green
Side-Kick

Do some people actually think that War Machine is going to steal Iron Man's thunder? I personally love War Machine, but more importantly, the dynamic of Rhodey and Stark's friendship. They are both foils for one another, Stark being flippant and narcissistic and Rhodey staying grounded and somewhat reasonable. Letting Rhodey don the armor and helping out Iron Man is fine. Imagine how livid these people would get if Stark told Rhodey to take over as Iron Man like he did numerous times in the book?

Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #94
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4green View Post
Do some people actually think that War Machine is going to steal Iron Man's thunder? I personally love War Machine, but more importantly, the dynamic of Rhodey and Stark's friendship. They are both foils for one another, Stark being flippant and narcissistic and Rhodey staying grounded and somewhat reasonable. Letting Rhodey don the armor and helping out Iron Man is fine. Imagine how livid these people would get if Stark told Rhodey to take over as Iron Man like he did numerous times in the book?
I don't think Cheadle's Rhodes could EVER steal thunder from RDJ/Stark. And I don't dislike War Machine at all.

However, I wasn't just wasn't a fan of Cheadle's portrayal of Rhodes. The performance just didn't jive with me. Maybe that has to do more with writing/script, who knows, but MCU's Rhodey leaves a lot to be desired, for me so far.

I hope his adaptation in the long run succeeds. Maybe Shane Black will nail Rhodey if he is in IM3. But, from the current sample size I have of Rhodey. It sucks. That's just my opinion of the character thus far.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 05-03-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #95
third3ye
Side-Kick

ScarJo has been said to be sitting out IM3, no need to worry about her taking screen time.

Rhodey is indeed confirmed to return, all you WM haters can crawl back under a rock because I personally think WM is awesome all the way back from the comics. What they need to work on is the chemistry between RDJ and Cheadle. They nailed it with Howard, they lost it with Cheadle, but knowing Cheadle's acting chops it's clearly a script/dialogue issue.

Hearing all the talk about disconnecting Stark from the shared universe world in Avengers, I don't think we should worry too much about Marvel trying to squeeze too much in IM3. This sounds like it's going to focus mostly on Stark and hopefully incorporate a buddy movie element with Rhodes, and maybe they can go full circle and wrap up the Ten Rings with some version of The Mandarin involved.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #96
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by third3ye View Post
ScarJo has been said to be sitting out IM3, no need to worry about her taking screen time.

Rhodey is indeed confirmed to return, all you WM haters can crawl back under a rock because I personally think WM is awesome all the way back from the comics. What they need to work on is the chemistry between RDJ and Cheadle. They nailed it with Howard, they lost it with Cheadle, but knowing Cheadle's acting chops it's clearly a script/dialogue issue.
It could be a script issue and clearly Cheadle has acting chops. But that doesn't mean anything, really. If you don't fit the role, you don't fit the role. Doesn't matter if you're the greatest actor/actress in the history of cinema.

Obviously, we won't really know until IM3 comes out and we see how Cheadle does in round 2 with a different director/writer combo and whatnot.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #97
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

RDJ was on Leno he said the next suit would be more flexible in Iron man 3

Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #98
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
RDJ was on Leno he said the next suit would be more flexible in Iron man 3
Bleeding Edge? Doesn't look so bulky from what I've seen.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3...591__super.jpg

What other suits of Iron Man's could be considered "flexible"?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #99
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by third3ye View Post
WM is awesome all the way back from the comics.
In the comics, I agree with you. In the movies? sucking up screen time needed everywhere else and provides nothing to the overall story. Not to mention that he does take away from Tonys uniqueness.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #100
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

more war machine needed in part 3..

Closed Thread