Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #476
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
The New 52 Lois will end up with Clark eventually. They are soulmates.

Amy Adams will be perfect in this film. I'm certain of it.
Not according to those who matter at DC. Superman and Wondy are the new soulmates! (again hate you for life DC)

I'm not certain of anything with Adams, except that I hope this movie will be stellar and Lois will make new fans. If she doesn't (hate you for life DC).

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #477
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

From the new interview with DigitalSpy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/i...ientology.html)

How do you approach something like Man of Steel, which is something totally different to The Master?
"I actually started Man of Steel right after, within a week of stopping The Master so that was very different!"

You didn't bring any of Peggy with you to Lois Lane?!
"No, I don't think so! It was fun. I have to say I've been lucky in that way in that I've been able to go from different films and different genres with different challenges. In a way the intensity of playing Peggy and her nature, it was very nice to go into Man of Steel and something that was really energetic and outgoing. Suddenly I'm hanging on a wire in the middle of Chicago. It was a totally different experience and very fun. I always embrace getting to go from one thing to the next."

The film is about Superman's origins, so does Lois only come into play later in the movie?
"You know what, I can tell you what the script was. I haven't seen the film, I've only seen what everyone else has. I have no idea how it'll all be presented. It's all top secret!"

The trailer looks very different to what you'd expect from Zack Snyder - it almost looks like a Terrence Malick movie?
"I loved it, I absolutely loved it! It made me excited to see the film and I'm in it. Hopefully it's gotten Superman fans excited, too."

Are you signed up for sequels as well?
"I would be more than happy to jump onto a sequel but you've got to, what's the saying, don't put the cart before the horse? Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I always take things one day at a time."

Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #478
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

"I would be more than happy to jump onto a sequel but you've got to, what's the saying, don't put the cart before the horse? Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I always take things one day at a time."
I'm incline to say that this means she'd be wiling to come back for a sequel if the first film does well (obviously) along with if the quality of the story matches or exceeds the first one. If the filmmakers whipped out a story that was as bad as the Third Mummy film, then Amy may do what Rachel did and incline not to sign on for any more films, which I wouldn't blame her at all of course if that became the issue.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #479
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

"You know what, I can tell you what the script was..."

LOL, If I was the reporter I'd use that! I have a feeling Amy could (accidently) reveal quite a bit.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #480
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
From the new interview with DigitalSpy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/i...ientology.html)

How do you approach something like Man of Steel, which is something totally different to The Master?
"I actually started Man of Steel right after, within a week of stopping The Master so that was very different!"

You didn't bring any of Peggy with you to Lois Lane?!
"No, I don't think so! It was fun. I have to say I've been lucky in that way in that I've been able to go from different films and different genres with different challenges. In a way the intensity of playing Peggy and her nature, it was very nice to go into Man of Steel and something that was really energetic and outgoing. Suddenly I'm hanging on a wire in the middle of Chicago. It was a totally different experience and very fun. I always embrace getting to go from one thing to the next."

The film is about Superman's origins, so does Lois only come into play later in the movie?
"You know what, I can tell you what the script was. I haven't seen the film, I've only seen what everyone else has. I have no idea how it'll all be presented. It's all top secret!"

The trailer looks very different to what you'd expect from Zack Snyder - it almost looks like a Terrence Malick movie?
"I loved it, I absolutely loved it! It made me excited to see the film and I'm in it. Hopefully it's gotten Superman fans excited, too."

Hey look everybody! It's.... Something! LMAO! And it's good stuff. I think I'll read this over and over again. Thanks G!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #481
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Hey look everybody! It's.... Something! LMAO! And it's good stuff. I think I'll read this over and over again. Thanks G!

Yeah, my imagined image of Amy in a wire is almost as good as actually getting some pictures or footage...

...who am I kidding...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #482
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Yes im so excited by these Amy quotes that I don't need anything new for the next 4 months....

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #483
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

Yeah, my imagined image of Amy in a wire is almost as good as actually getting some pictures or footage...

...who am I kidding...
Hahaha this has become far passed sad. We are so desperate.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #484
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Yes im so excited by these Amy quotes that I don't need anything new for the next 4 months....
Shh... Don't say it too loud they might take you seriously. lol

Last edited by The Shield; 11-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #485
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Hanging on wires.....hmmm

Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #486
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I love Amy Adams. Makes this film more exciting to see!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #487
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Now people are being sexist about a woman who isn't even in this superman movie? God I hate the internet sometimes.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #488
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Huh? Who?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #489
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Now people are being sexist about a woman who isn't even in this superman movie? God I hate the internet sometimes.
What happen?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #490
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

It looks like some posts were deleted.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #491
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

All I know...is Adams better bring in new Lois fans...or I will hate her.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #492
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post

Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #493
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Not according to those who matter at DC. Superman and Wondy are the new soulmates! (again hate you for life DC)

I'm not certain of anything with Adams, except that I hope this movie will be stellar and Lois will make new fans. If she doesn't (hate you for life DC).
Quote:

Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #494
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:

Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #495
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

That's one edgy modern Supes for ya.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #496
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
They did not. They said "this is the new status quo," which means "it'll be this way for a while." Every event changes the status quo in some fashion.

If they had no intention of ever pairing Superman and Lois again, they would have just erased her from the New 52. But if you hate DC for life, I'm not sure why you give a **** about what character is with what character either way.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #497
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Huh....I don't like the status quo being changed from Lois/Clark/Superman to Superman and Wonder Woman. Lois is one of my fave characters, so that is why I care.

yeah....I am going to hate on that until it's changed. If you got a problem with that...then I don't really care if you do.

For my two cents, I have never been fan of Supes/Wondy. They are too similar, but I also don't like them introducing that relationship first. It plays contrary to my instincts.

Anyways, if you have some thoughts about the Superman and Wondy relationship there is a thread I created for that purpose in the Superman comic thread. Go there...we can talk about it and discuss it.... lol

Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #498
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Huh....I don't like the status quo being changed from Lois/Clark/Superman to Superman and Wonder Woman. Lois is one of my fave characters, so that is why I care.

yeah....I am going to hate on that until it's changed. If you got a problem with that...then I don't really care if you do.

For my two cents, I have never been fan of Supes/Wondy. They are too similar, but I also don't like them introducing that relationship first. It plays contrary to my instincts.

Anyways, if you have some thoughts about the Superman and Wondy relationship there is a thread I created for that purpose in the Superman comic thread. Go there...we can talk about it and discuss it.... lol

Well the only reason why I responded to one of your previous posts was that I thought it was somewhat extreme for you to say that you would hate Adams if she didn't bring in any new fans to Lois.

I don't think any one deserves to be hated on like that just because of how many or how few fans they bring in for the character that they're playing, no matter how beloved the character is.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #499
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I am a Lois Lane fan and I want her to bring in new characters. If she is done right then she can do so because Lois Lane is an iconic character. If she's played/written wrong and people HATE her (which can happen) then I will hate her. I still don't like Routh because of how he protrayed Superman....and I don't care if people think that is extreme. That's just me.

Don't be mad about it...it is what it is for me. Like I said. Lois Lane's protrayal is just as important to how people perceive Supes. In fact, her contribution is a big part of his mythos, so if she is done wrong then I will hate Adams.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #500
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

But I still don't get it; I mean no disrespect to you, but even if Lois isn't portrayed the best that she can be in this film, then that responsibility would more likely fall under Snyder's and Goyer's since it's their job to characterize Lois in a great way, let alone on how she is portrayed on film to begin with. Why should Adams be held responsible for that, especially when (and I thin it's safe to assume this) that you don't know her as a person?

Kate Bosworth is a good actress imho but I don't blame her for how bad SR's Lois came out, and I'm a big fan of both the Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane character. I'm upset on how Singer and those involved with the creative aspects of the film didn't give a better version of Lois on screen, but I don't hate Kate or even Singer for it.

It just seems like another form of needlessly bashing someone for something that is not their fault.

Closed Thread