herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #627
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

That entire portion of Superman with Lois was my favorite part of the trailer. No words were needed to convey the stakes and how much they care about one another. The army at a standstill as they gaze into each others eyes and then slowly grab each others hands is beautiful.

Snyder seems to have hit it out of the park when it comes to these great character moments.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #628
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
That entire portion of Superman with Lois was my favorite part of the trailer. No words were needed to convey the stakes and how much they care about one another. The army at a standstill as they gaze into each others eyes and then slowly grab each others hands is beautiful.

Snyder seems to have hit it out of the park when it comes to these great character moments.
Agreed; which will make the kiss that they will have at the end (as revealed in the CC trailer) actually worth it, which most comic book films haven't been able to do when building up to the "big moment" between the two leads.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #629
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Same here, craig. Standout moment. Can't wait to hear her talk.

And I'm glad to see the misogynism going strong.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #630
Octoberist
point blank

Yeah, I would have to consider this thread one of the most embarrassing threads on this board sometimes.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #631
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh and if I see one more cruel and mean spirited misogynistic garbage comment pop up again (which is being poorly disguised as an opinion) consider yourself gone. As the good posters here have expressed that type of vile behavior isn't wanted or needed around here.

I've had it with reading that kind of nonsense.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #632
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:

Indeed. I love the way he looks at her - it's not googly-eyed puppy love, but he needs her to trust him. And she's probably a little scared (given the circumstances that we see), but she'll do her best. No words needed.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #633
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I'm just absolutely flustered as to where the "Amy is fat" thing even came from. I wouldn't even consider her full-figured, really...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #634
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Am I the only 1 a little bit saddened by alot of the ardent hate for Amy in this thread. I love her as an actress and am stoked she's playing this role. She didn't even have a line or anything in the trailer yet all the haters come out.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #635
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well this process is anything like it was back when Anne Hatheway was first announced for the role of Selina Kyle, then we should have most of our critics' mouths shut when the film is released.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #636
Smallville13
Side-Kick

As an aside, since the love between them 2 is very much on public display in that scene. Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of his secret identity. Yknow to protect the ones he cares about. If everyone knows that they are very much in love... Won't all of Supes' enemies be gunning for her?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #637
Filmboy
Banned User

I thought Amy Adams would be better as Lana Lang than Lois Lane

Anyway, is that lois?? and a man?? running from the falling buildings in the new released trailer?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 AM   #638
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post

Anyway, is that lois?? and a man?? running from the falling buildings in the new released trailer?
That's Perry White and as for the woman, it's not Amy Adams that's for sure, it could just be a regular DP worker.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #639
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Am I the only 1 a little bit saddened by alot of the ardent hate for Amy in this thread. I love her as an actress and am stoked she's playing this role. She didn't even have a line or anything in the trailer yet all the haters come out.
As you can clearly see from at least 5 posts before yours, no, you're not the only one.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #640
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Provided that the character was written right, Amy Adams has the ability (imho) to easily make her character into the most likable female lead within a comic book genre film.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #641
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'm just absolutely flustered as to where the "Amy is fat" thing even came from. I wouldn't even consider her full-figured, really...
Trolls spout nonsense -- it's what they do -- their stock-in-trade. I find it's better to just ignore them until they go away or get banned. Unfortunately, that rarely happens. People never ignore them. They crave attention, and attention is exactly what they receive.

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 12-12-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #642
dark_b
Side-Kick

i hope that Lois will not fall in love based on 2 days of seeing superman saving people and the whole world. like in Thor.

i hope they will spend a lot time on their relationship.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #643
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
As you can clearly see from at least 5 posts before yours, no, you're not the only one.
Yeah, righto. I asked if anyone was actually saddened though, not just disapproved. I was on a high with the trailer and then come here and read spiteful comments about Amy when I think she looked fantastic. It just actually saddened me a bit. Some people are just the worst.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #644
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I get you. I am saddened, mainly because the trailer is hitting all the right notes with non-fans (everywhere I damn look) and people are not only complaining (their right, not everyone must like it), but spewing crap like that, too.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #645
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
I get you. I am saddened, mainly because the trailer is hitting all the right notes with non-fans (everywhere I damn look) and people are not only complaining (their right, not everyone must like it), but spewing crap like that, too.
Yeah. Can't please everyone. But Anne Hatheway got alot of flak this time 12 months ago. I expect history will repeat itself. I really do think out've all the female leads in superhero films so far (Hayley Atwell, Katie Holmes, Natalie Portman, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc), Amy has the most chance here to have the most prominent role, and actually be the best out of all of them.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #646
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

You didn't see what happened here when she got cast, I take it.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #647
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
You didn't see what happened here when she got cast, I take it.
Who? Amy or Anne?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #648
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Both, but I was talking about the former. Anne's was worse, though.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #649
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:

Indeed. I think this little moment is in a way a contrast to Superman getting walked away in handcuffs. When Superman is in the cuffs, he's showing respect and restraint. The soldiers are now showing that in the desert, obviously valuing Superman as a person. Letting him have a moment with Lois.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 12-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #650
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Both, but I was talking about the former. Anne's was worse, though.
Yeah I remember reading through this thread back when she was announced (2 years ago?). I remember it not being too bad. I mighta just been reading the right pages though. I was very happy with the news.

Yeah I remember the fallout with Anne's announcement too. They're crazy on those bat-boards.

Closed Thread