Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #701
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yes, one thing I loved in Birthright was that Clark's instant attraction to Lois when he first saw her was centered on her actions in the moment (passionately standing up to the Planet's publisher in defense of poor Jimmy, whom he was being extremely abusive toward), rather than her looks. It wasn't a "wow, she's really pretty" moment; it was a "wow, she's really awesome" moment. So from the moment he saw her, he was admiring her character above all else, as she represented everything about humanity he loved and wanted to protect.
Yep, and dare I say he sees some of Martha Kent in her as well. But yeah, Lois has never been about looks, but rather charisma and spirit. Anybody saying and casting different has misunderstood. Again, Olivia Wilde.

But yeah, Adams seems to have just that. Charisma and spirit.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #702
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
What's that quote from? Birthright?
Superman: Man of Steel #1

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #703
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
And that's not me saying that Amy isn't beautiful, because I think she absolutely is. But just take that one scene, she's not thick with make-up or wearing some sexy outfit or posing in any kind of 'sex symbol' fashion. What's 'passing between them' is an entirely emotional/mental connection.

It just makes me so damn happy
Agree. Almost wish they got an ugly actress. Almost.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #704
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yes, one thing I loved in Birthright was that Clark's instant attraction to Lois when he first saw her was centered on her actions in the moment (passionately standing up to the Planet's publisher in defense of poor Jimmy, whom he was being extremely abusive toward), rather than her looks. It wasn't a "wow, she's really pretty" moment; it was a "wow, she's really awesome" moment. So from the moment he saw her, he was admiring her character above all else, as she represented everything about humanity he loved and wanted to protect.
Beautifully put

And yeah, the Lois/Supes dynamic in Birthright is one of the major reasons it's my favourite Superman store.

First you have the 'wow, she's really awesome' moment, and then I think it's all cemented in that 'she's not afraid' line... which it looks like could work really well in this film if it's centering on how much he cares about people being afraid of him

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #705
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman: Man of Steel #1

Oh thanks. Sweet quote! Yeah my fav part of the trailer is them together. Such a perfect cap. Amidst all the 'crazy' action they showcase there's actually a romance at the heart of it. Suddenly it shows real stakes and conflict (emotional).

I'm guessing that scene is they both agree to board Black Zero together at Zod's request. Supes would be vehemently against putting Lois in danger but she's telling him 'its ok'. That's my reading of it. No doubt totally wrong though. I wish I knew the true context.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 AM   #706
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Oh thanks. Sweet quote! Yeah my fav part of the trailer is them together. Such a perfect cap. Amidst all the 'crazy' action they showcase there's actually a romance at the heart of it. Suddenly it shows real stakes and conflict (emotional).
Yes please. Might we finally see a CBM that actually has a good and sincere romance to all that teenage-fluff we're usually accustomed to. One that's essential to the character and the story.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 AM   #707
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Beautifully put

And yeah, the Lois/Supes dynamic in Birthright is one of the major reasons it's my favourite Superman store.

First you have the 'wow, she's really awesome' moment, and then I think it's all cemented in that 'she's not afraid' line... which it looks like could work really well in this film if it's centering on how much he cares about people being afraid of him
Yeah. That could be the whole thing. Assuming she is trying to track him down (with the evidence of her articles about Smallville meteorites, and her being at the tornado, Alaska). I'm thinking Clark is in hiding after revealing himself at the oil rig incident, seeking cover so as not to be recognized from it. Because his biggest fear is people will fear him (like his father said). But Lois finds him and she is not afraid. She is inspired. And she encourages him to not live in the shadows but find an outlet doing what he can, saving people.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #708
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

I'm guessing that scene is they both agree to board Black Zero together at Zod's request. Supes would be vehemently against putting Lois in danger but she's telling him 'its ok'. That's my reading of it. No doubt totally wrong though. I wish I knew the true context.
That's exactly how I read it too, i'm sure that's what it is. His worried frown and her pleading reassurance.

*\S/T*
Old 12-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #709
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Yeah. That could be the whole thing. Assuming she is trying to track him down (with the evidence of her articles about Smallville meteorites, and her being at the tornado, Alaska). I'm thinking Clark is in hiding after revealing himself at the oil rig incident, seeking cover so as not to be recognized from it. Because his biggest fear is people will fear him (like his father said). But Lois finds him and she is not afraid. She is inspired. And she encourages him to not live in the shadows but find an outlet doing what he can, saving people.
That all sounds awesome.

I know some people may not like it, but i've always enjoyed stories where Lois is not just 'there' at the origin of Supes, but actually contributes to the kind of confident hero he becomes.

*\S/T*
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #710
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post

Never seen Adams in a serious role, so I'm looking forward to see her in something like this. I know she's a heavyweight actress. Always comes of very natural and has plenty of charisma. Should be good.

Olivia Wilde as Lois? Just wow... That's who we would've gotten from someone like Bay who's luckily NOT directing.
Then go watch The Fighter.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #711
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
That all sounds awesome.

I know some people may not like it, but i've always enjoyed stories where Lois is not just 'there' at the origin of Supes, but actually contributes to the kind of confident hero he becomes.
Agreed. Building on this it could be she helps him find his place to dwell amongst everyone else too and lands him a job at the Planet and helps him come up with the secret identity. I think it could really work. Clark confides in her that he doesn't know his place in the world. Surely the "My father believed that if the world..." line is being told from him to her. And Lois actually helps him. Plus hopefully this makes for some raw moments between them. Lois seeing him at his most vulnerable and still seeing him for who he truly is. I hope we really feel for the 2 of them and want them to just be together. Thor and Jane they will be not!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #712
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #713
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Can't wait to watch her in this movie! One of the best actress from her generation!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #714
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Can't wait to watch her in this movie! One of the best actress from her generation!
Agreed.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #715
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Amy Adams received her 4th Golden Globe nomination today for her role in The Master. In a recent interview, Amy spoke about The Master and her upcoming role as Lois Lane in Man of Steel:

I grew up with Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, so I didn’t want to try and be that version. Zack [Snyder] said that he wanted to play for more realism. There’s definitely still banter [with Superman]. She’s tough, modern, and more contemporary. There’s also a lot more action than I’ve seen in my career.
new quote from Amy.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #716
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #717
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Yeah, I really like her minimal makeup, natural look and professional attire in the trailer. It really hammers home Lois as being a female professional who is the best at what she does and not someone like Cat Grant who trades on her feminine wiles to get ahead. As others have said, I think it will help establish that Clark/Superman falls for Lois because of who she is, not because of what she looks like. I'm so glad we have Amy because, as her body of work has shown, she can pull off spunky and driven without seeming cold and mean. I just wish there was more of her in the trailer.

Last edited by DKDetective; 12-13-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #718
Filmboy
Banned User

I'm just glad that Lois is not a mother with a child in this one.

That's one of the major flaws with Superman Returns.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #719
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Amy Adams got another Golden Globes nomination! So proud of her!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #720
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Agreed. Building on this it could be she helps him find his place to dwell amongst everyone else too and lands him a job at the Planet and helps him come up with the secret identity. I think it could really work. Clark confides in her that he doesn't know his place in the world. Surely the "My father believed that if the world..." line is being told from him to her. And Lois actually helps him. Plus hopefully this makes for some raw moments between them. Lois seeing him at his most vulnerable and still seeing him for who he truly is. I hope we really feel for the 2 of them and want them to just be together. Thor and Jane they will be not!
I think if they got it right, i'd even be okay with her knowing his secret that early on.

*\S/T*
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #721
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I think if she nails the character and her acting is spot on that it will ease some of the doubt out there that her look is too Lana and not enough Lois. Overall social media has been pretty keen on the trailer but there are some doubts out there in terms of her having the right look for Lois. I really hope the script is strong, the visuals are amazing so far for sure!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #722
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Too bad if that happened we wouldn't get the amusing Clark-Lois-Superman love triangle.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #723
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I think if she nails the character and her acting is spot on that it will is too ease some of the doubt out there that her look is too Lana and not enough Lois. Overall social media has been pretty keen on the trailer but there are some doubts out there in terms of her having the right look for Lois. I really hope the script is strong, the visuals are amazing so far for sure!
That's only the ****ing fanboys/girls. Nobody else gives a ****.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #724
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Too bad if that happened we wouldn't get the amusing Clark-Lois-Superman love triangle.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #725
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
That's only the ****ing fanboys/girls. Nobody else gives a ****.
Agreed. And Amy's not a redhead in this particular film anyhow; she's dark blonde now I think.

Closed Thread