Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #151
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

They will release some official stills, so even there's not much footage, we will know what she "looks like" as Lois.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #152
JackReacher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2090 View Post
I get the feeling that JackReacher is being purposefully ridiculous. Maybe I'm wrong, but his statements are just a little hyperbolic.
Lana was EXTREMELY popular during her Smallville days. I'm one of many millions.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #153
Andreth
Side-Kick

^ EXTREMELY popular and EXTREMELY hated.

The ratings have nothing to do with Lois o Erica Durance. I can't believe you are saying that! JackReacher come on! The show lasted 10 years, it's obvious a lot of people would stop watching through that time span. If Kristin's Lana had that power her s8 episodes would have gained those ratings.

The show just ran it's course. People stoped being interested in it. It's not Erica's fault. Period.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #154
Rockstar
Banned User

Why are you guys talking about CW's "Smallville"?

Who cares....... It has nothing to do with Man of Steel.

Just because they screwed over Lana and Lois on "Smallville," doesn't mean anything about how those characters will be handled in the Superman films.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #155
Andreth
Side-Kick

Lois Lane has always been my favorite character, Amy was a wonderful choice IMO.
Those set pictures may suggest she's seen chasing stories around Smallville, I hope to see more of her passion for her job in this movie.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #156
JackReacher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
^ EXTREMELY popular and EXTREMELY hated.

The ratings have nothing to do with Lois o Erica Durance. I can't believe you are saying that! JackReacher come on! The show lasted 10 years, it's obvious a lot of people would stop watching through that time span. If Kristin's Lana had that power her s8 episodes would have gained those ratings.

The show just ran it's course. People stoped being interested in it. It's not Erica's fault. Period.
Well, I never noticed any hate. So I can't support your opinion of 'extremely hated'....

But the fans who left Smallville after Lana left would have no way of knowing she was returning. I had no idea. I didn't see her season 8 episodes. People don't monitor Smallville several years after they lost interest in it....

Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #157
Andreth
Side-Kick

Are you kidding me? you never notice any hate? she must be the most hated character on the show, Even Brian peterson said he was surprised her arc in S8 was so badly received when he thought it would be a success among fans, no, I don't have the link, you can find it yourself. I don't care.

Quote:
But the fans who left Smallville after Lana left would have no way of knowing she was returning. I had no idea. I didn't see her season 8 episodes. People don't monitor Smallville several years after they lost interest in it....
Sure, kristin's Lana is the reason for the show's ratings in it's early season. Whatever floats your boat. The show is over now and this is a thread to discuss Amy Adam's Lois Lane.

TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #158
Rockstar
Banned User

The show has never been relevant to this film.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #159
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
But it's certainly a big step up from what Marvel is doing with their female characters.
What does this even mean?

Old 07-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #160
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
What does this even mean?
It should be pretty clear what it means. Or read between the lines. Either way, it is what it is.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #161
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
It should be pretty clear what it means. Or read between the lines. Either way, it is what it is.
In what way are Marvel's female characters unsatisfactory compared to DC's?

Pepper Potts is a pretty unique, fully realised character.

Black Widow, while bland in Iron Man 2, revealed some interesting development in her character in The Avengers, while at the same time being a competent and believable member of the team.

Sharon Carter in The First Avenger was also played brilliantly by Hayley Atwell.

Natalie Portman's performance as Jane Foster is underrated in how she comes across as a normal young girl while her moments of strength don't come across as forced.

DC also has strong female characters.

Why does everything have to be a competition between Marvel and DC?

Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #162
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:

Black Widow, while bland in Iron Man 2, revealed some interesting development in her character in The Avengers, while at the same time being a competent and believable member of the team.

Sharon Carter in The First Avenger was also played brilliantly by Hayley Atwell.

Natalie Portman's performance as Jane Foster is underrated in how she comes across as a normal young girl while her moments of strength don't come across as forced.

I love DC and Marvel. I would just love for DC to step it's game up in other areas besides Batman. So far so good for me regarding The Man Of Steel

Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #163
shauner111
Side-Kick

I liked Lana early on in the first few seasons of Smallville and then i lost interest in the show and stopped watching around that time. But i remember hearing about her leaving and that made me not care even more. So yeah, you can say i liked her.

But back to Amy Adams people...AMY ADAMS!

She's friggin fantastic. One of the only actresses that i enjoy today, that feel "real" on the big screen to me. She's going to be a great addition. I wish she was originally chosen for Rachel in both Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, but this is the next best thing for me.

She's gonna be perfect guys. She's beautiful, good actress, she has the diversity to play in different roles from The Muppets to The Fighter to The Master to this now. She doesn't care about the genre, the budget, she's going to adapt to Lois Lane.

One thing i'll say, is the casting for this movie looks to be spot-on. Costner? The PERFECT Pa Kent.

I also like how Snyder is casting some of these actors, who are SO great and they do good movies, but they're overlooked and deserve to be HUGE names...yet they aren't. Like Amy and Michael Shannon.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #164
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

I strongly disagree with all of the above (especially on Jane Foster, dude, really??) but I am not about to hijack the Amy Adams topic with Marvel talk. And this is not a competition between Marvel and DC, don't know why you would assume that, no need to be touchy and jump to conclusion. It was simply an innocent remark on my part. I just don't find any of the female characters in Marvel movies thus far to be particularly engaging or well written or even well acted. (Though in the case of Sharon Carter, that honestly has more to do with the poor quality of the movie in general)
And that's that.

Back to Amy. She's awesome.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #165
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

But back to Amy Adams people...AMY ADAMS!

She's friggin fantastic. One of the only actresses that i enjoy today, that feel "real" on the big screen to me. She's going to be a great addition. I wish she was originally chosen for Rachel in both Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, but this is the next best thing for me.

She's gonna be perfect guys. She's beautiful, good actress, she has the diversity to play in different roles from The Muppets to The Fighter to The Master to this now. She doesn't care about the genre, the budget, she's going to adapt to Lois Lane.

One thing i'll say, is the casting for this movie looks to be spot-on. Costner? The PERFECT Pa Kent.

I also like how Snyder is casting some of these actors, who are SO great and they do good movies, but they're overlooked and deserve to be HUGE names...yet they aren't. Like Amy and Michael Shannon.
Co-sign!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #166
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
but I am not about to hijack the Amy Adams topic with Marvel talk.
Then maybe you should refrain from making comparisons on a public forum.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #167
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Then maybe you should refrain from making comparisons on a public forum.
And maybe you should refrain from overreacting to them.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #168
Rockstar
Banned User

The only female CBM roles I thought were well cast and memorable during this decade were:

Emma Stone in Amazing Spider-Man

Scarlett J. in Avengers

Jen Lawrence in X-Men First Class

Hayley Atwell in Captain America

All of those were really recent too. Prior to that, the female roles were really handled poorly in these films, and often cast poorly.

Hopefully Hathaway, Cotillard and Adams can make that list as well. I think at least the first two are well-cast for their respective roles. Adams is a wildcard and unconventional for LL, but it could pay off.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #169
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Lois Lane SHOULD easily take the top spot as best female lead. Because IMO she is the best female love interest in superhero fiction in general. She's so much more than just a supporting character.

If they got the script right, I have no doubt Amy will bring enough attitude and class to the role to do it justice.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #170
Rockstar
Banned User

She's the one with the longest history, but not necessarily the "best."

All the reviews say Hathaway as Selina has really raised the bar very very high. So much for Chris not being able to do female characters.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #171
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Best to me. That's why I said 'IMO'.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #172
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

All the reviews say Hathaway as Selina has really raised the bar very very high. So much for Chris not being able to do female characters.
It's not that he can't do female characters, it's that he does them so sparingly.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #173
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
It's not that he can't do female characters, it's that he does them so sparingly.
?? There are female characters in all his movies.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #174
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
?? There are female characters in all his movies.
The only two that were somewhat fleshed out was Catwoman and Ellen Page's character from Inception. I can't even remember her name, that is how much she resonated, see?

Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #175
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
The way it should be.

But lets face it, most of the big superhero blockbusters today only have one main female character attached.

Avengers had Scar Jo. Cobie was just window dressing.

Thankfully though, for once, neither of them were love interest roles.

I'm happy that TDKR had Catwoman and Cotillard's character. Both were developed really well in the film apparently.

Closed Thread