The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 05-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Default Re: What we know about Captain America 2 from the Avengers...

It'll probably be Winter Solider right?

It would be cool if SHIELD had Cap set up an anti-terrorism unit that investigated a growing trend of global terrorism. This turns out to be AIM in a Bond like "insurmountably big organization that might take more than one film to get to the bottom of" and they find out maybe Dr. Faustus has turned Bucky into the Winter Solider to be their version of a super solider or something

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #27
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm personally hoping for Red Skull to return. Phase II clearly seems to be more cosmic based, and Red Skull got sent somewhere. I would like to see him return, and show us more of where the MCU is going with Avengers 2 & 3. Winter Soldier can maybe be worked in, but I'd rather see him and the Red Skull finish their business, since they couldn't in WWII.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #28
ironmaidenrules
Side-Kick

I'd say save red skull for cap 3. Cap 2 can be Zemo with winter soldier.but I want the revelation about winter soldier to end the movie and then continue that arc in cap 3. That way we get red skull and cap 3. They work well as metaphors. Red skull represents the war and his last day in the '40s.While Bucky is his guilt.his failure. He needs to defeat them in order to gain closure

ironmaidenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #29
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I'm personally hoping for Red Skull to return. Phase II clearly seems to be more cosmic based, and Red Skull got sent somewhere. I would like to see him return, and show us more of where the MCU is going with Avengers 2 & 3. Winter Soldier can maybe be worked in, but I'd rather see him and the Red Skull finish their business, since they couldn't in WWII.
Well....I honestly think Cap 2 should be more reality based....just cause he has to get readjusted and all that.

I like the idea for Cap 3 though

DMB #41
Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #30
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
It'll probably be Winter Solider right?

It would be cool if SHIELD had Cap set up an anti-terrorism unit that investigated a growing trend of global terrorism. This turns out to be AIM in a Bond like "insurmountably big organization that might take more than one film to get to the bottom of" and they find out maybe Dr. Faustus has turned Bucky into the Winter Solider to be their version of a super solider or something
That'd rock although I'd wrap it up in one film.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd love that as a movie!!

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #32
third3ye
Side-Kick

Adding another one that may be a factor in Cap2 because of SHIELD's prominent role in this sequel.

The Destroyer gun that Coulson uses on Loki is not powered by the Tesseract but rather engineered using the remains of the Destroyer from the Thor movie. Probably safe to say that we may see SHIELD with more magic-based weapons in Cap2? If not by then, then probably by Avengers 2, SHIELD should be a little more prepared to deal with alien threats.

third3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #33
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

This much is true, regardless of Cap being unhappy about the whole weapons thing, Cap is pretty much going to be working for SHIELD.

I'd like to see Sharon Carter in some form or fashion. I think the anti-terrorism thing would be cool, I see Cap2 as a way to introduce Falcon maybe too. Give cap a little more back-up than just going it alone or with the average shield agents.

I can't believe they reversed engineered a machine created by gods into a weapon. I get they are SHIELD, but that's a little unbelievable, to me. I guess its better than a bunch of mini-destroyers running around like in the prelude comics haha.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #34
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I can't believe they reversed engineered a machine created by gods into a weapon. I get they are SHIELD, but that's a little unbelievable, to me. I guess its better than a bunch of mini-destroyers running around like in the prelude comics haha.
They're not gods, they're just incredibly advanced aliens. All it takes is one person of sufficient intelligence to reverse-engineer their technology. And SHIELD has a lot of very smart people working for them.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #35
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
They're not gods, they're just incredibly advanced aliens. All it takes is one person of sufficient intelligence to reverse-engineer their technology. And SHIELD has a lot of very smart people working for them.
In a universe where you have a Hulk and a guy in a suit of armor and a super soldier and an abomination and now a mad titan that is going to be introduced, you won't let them be what they are, which is Gods? I know this is the MCU, its not the comics, but come on; I'm surprised Marvel would go with that unoriginal generic notion that they're just humoid advanced aliens. Idiotic. But oh well. Hopefully, the destroyer gun was a one time only deal.

Back to Cap 2. I still think Falcon is a realistic notion. Aldis Hodge - I think they should allude to WS throughout the film leading into number 3

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 05-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #36
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
In a universe where you have a Hulk and a guy in a suit of armor and a super soldier and an abomination and now a mad titan that is going to be introduced, you won't let them be what they are, which is Gods? I know this is the MCU, its not the comics, but come on; I'm surprised Marvel would go with that unoriginal generic notion that they're just humoid advanced aliens. Idiotic. But oh well. Hopefully, the destroyer gun was a one time only deal.
The implication in Thor was that the Asgardians were just highly advanced aliens whom the ancient Norse believed to be gods. At least, that's what I took from it.

I don't know about Falcon for CA2. I know he's Cap's friend and partner, but he's...well...kinda lame. I do agree with you that they should only allude to Winter Soldier in CA2, though. My thought is that they just hint at him, maybe have him appear in the shadows here and there, and then reveal him to be Bucky in the post-credits scene. Then he takes on a larger role in CA3.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #37
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
The implication in Thor was that the Asgardians were just highly advanced aliens whom the ancient Norse believed to be gods. At least, that's what I took from it.

I don't know about Falcon for CA2. I know he's Cap's friend and partner, but he's...well...kinda lame. I do agree with you that they should only allude to Winter Soldier in CA2, though. My thought is that they just hint at him, maybe have him appear in the shadows here and there, and then reveal him to be Bucky in the post-credits scene. Then he takes on a larger role in CA3.
That's my point, with all the stuff they've introduced into this universe, you just make them advanced aliens... off all the things to be changed from comics to mcu, that seems like one of the more ridiculous things for them to do.

As for WS, That's exactly what I want from WS. I've posted almost the same exact thing. I don't think it even has to be revealed that he is bucky yet, but just sort of have him lurk and almost scout what cap is doing periodically throughout the movie.

Maybe it doesn't have to be falcon, he was just the first one to pop into my head to get a new character in the MCU plus he is historically a friend/partner of cap. I suppose Hawkeye makes sense since he was established in Avengers too. Either way, WS allusions are what I want the most after a good main villain

Old 05-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #38
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:

Back to Cap 2. I still think Falcon is a realistic notion. Aldis Hodge - I think they should allude to WS throughout the film leading into number 3

Unfortunatley I was not a big Thor comics guy growing up so I can't say I have a super big allegance (or overly tight) knoweledge of Thor outside of basic stuff....but the Interdimensional Humanoids that Norse worshiped as gods really really worked for me....It's a nice 50/50 imo where it's believable (or as believable as it could be) that they fit in this MCU

DMB #41
Old 05-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #39
Chef Mikey

Bring back the Red Skull!

Chef Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
STR1
Side-Kick

On The Avengers 2 and when it will happen and Captain America 2:
If we do an Avengers 2 it will be after [Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2]. They have to grow, they have to change. What they’ve gone through in this movie will impact their state of mind and where they stand in their next movies. Then whatever they go through in those movies is going to affect where we meet them in the next Avengers film. But I think people will be surprised to see, as we go forward – particularly in Iron Man 3 – the notion of how singular the stories can become. Iron Man 3 is a very singular Tony Stark story. As is Thor 2. Cap, who is stuck in the modern day with no friends or family, there will be some revelations of who is still alive from his days in WWII, but SHIELD and Nick Fury are kind of his confidants right now. So of all these movies, Captain America 2 will be most closely associated with Avengers.

According to that interview to Kevin Feige, Cap will have someone back from his WWII time in modern days. Its either Red Skull (hopefully not) or Winter Soilder (which I am hoping for)!!!

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #41
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

Or Arnim Zola.

The Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #42
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Or Chester Philips.

jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #43
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Or Arnim Zola.
Would entertain this.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #44
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
Unfortunatley I was not a big Thor comics guy growing up so I can't say I have a super big allegance (or overly tight) knoweledge of Thor outside of basic stuff....but the Interdimensional Humanoids that Norse worshiped as gods really really worked for me....It's a nice 50/50 imo where it's believable (or as believable as it could be) that they fit in this MCU
For all intents and purposes, the MCU is pretty much perfect imho, so, I gotta find something to not be pleased with, lol

Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #45
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I wouldnt mind Cap being on the outs with SHIELD till they show him infromation on how different groups all over are trying to recreate the super soilder serum and they need his help to stop them so he joins with them.Not sure about the villian, can always make Zemo as scinetist working on the serum or funding it. But would rather have it as Zemos son rather then the orginal Zemo. maybe have a flashback at the beginning show Cap beating his father in WW 2.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #46
marcvader
Lurker #1

Yes, like in the early comics, he went solo and would work with SHIELD time to time.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 05-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
Cap, who is stuck in the modern day with no friends or family, there will be some revelations of who is still alive from his days in WWII, but SHIELD and Nick Fury are kind of his confidants right now. So of all these movies, Captain America 2 will be most closely associated with Avengers.

According to that interview to Kevin Feige, Cap will have someone back from his WWII time in modern days. Its either Red Skull (hopefully not) or Winter Soilder (which I am hoping for)!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Or Arnim Zola.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Or Chester Philips.
Or Baron Helmut Zemo. Or Dum-Dum Dugan. Or Peggy Carter. Or Isaiah Bradley. Or Gabe Jones. Or Jim Hammond, "The Human Torch." Or Clinton McIntyre (aka Protocide). Or Brian Falsworth (aka Union Jack).

Let's face it: half of the people Captain America knows in the modern world came with him from WWII in some fashion or other. So the fact that Feige mentions that there are still people alive from Cap's WWII days should be surprising to exactly no one, nor should it be a hint as to which of the many, many possible characters it could be.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #48
marcvader
Lurker #1

Damn Cherokee, you've been a little testy in most posts lately.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 05-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #49
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Damn Cherokee, you've been a little testy in most posts lately.
That's because I'm an old geezer curmudgeon goldurnit (and you kids stay offa my lawn)

Not trying to be testy; just pointing out (in this case) that the announcement that somebody came with Cap from WWII does *not* automatically mean Winter Soldier, as a lot of posters are poster-ulating. WS *might* show up, but I'd personally rather Marvel not hit the fast-forward button this soon. There's plenty of villains and heroes to add to the CA mythos before adding Bucky back into the mix.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #50
marcvader
Lurker #1

Lol, I'm an old timer, relatively speaking mind you, too. I getcha though. It always bothers me when people push currently popular characters and stories over other older ones. Kids never consider things work in cycles and other char.acters and stories were popular once and just as good

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD