Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #326
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
Not sure if this point has been discussed already (every thread is a million pages long, after all), but:

Cap and Tony are deeply concerned when it seemed "too easy" to catch Loki in Germany. ...So why didn't they get EXTREMELY concerned when they apparently RE-captured Loki in the woods after Thor and Iron Man fought? Loki was left standing completely unattended in the middle of the woods. After Thor, tony and cap put an end to their fight, did they just go back to Loki who raised his wrists to them eagerly and said "Alright, time to go? Chain me back up!"
I noticed that too, actually, but it didn't bother me too much.
Maybe because it reminded me of TDK and how we don't see The Joker escaping from the Harvey Dent fundraiser.

Free Original Music
Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #327
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I noticed that too, actually, but it didn't bother me too much.
Maybe because it reminded me of TDK and how we don't see The Joker escaping from the Harvey Dent fundraiser.
Yeah, but that was at least given some kind of explanation ("I thought you really WERE Dent..." therefore he just left assuming Batman was Dent and he was no longer searching for him), even if it was a clumsy one.

In Avengers, Loki goes from being completely free from captivity, left alone as our heroes are distracted amongst themselves to being right back in custody with zero mention of it.

Not that any of this ruins the film for me, though. Best movie I've seen all year.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #328
iJackSparrow
Banned User

They don't really know what are the extention of Loki's powers. They aren't more worried about why Loki is turning himself without a fight than they are with the fact that the Tesseract is missing.

Is this really so hard to grasp? It needs to be spelled out? Seriously?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #329
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Not sure if this point has been discussed already (every thread is a million pages long, after all), but:

Cap and Tony are deeply concerned when it seemed "too easy" to catch Loki in Germany. ...So why didn't they get EXTREMELY concerned when they apparently RE-captured Loki in the woods after Thor and Iron Man fought? Loki was left standing completely unattended in the middle of the woods. After Thor, tony and cap put an end to their fight, did they just go back to Loki who raised his wrists to them eagerly and said "Alright, time to go? Chain me back up!"
So we should get not one but TWO straight sequences where they discuss how easily Loki allowed himself to be taken in???? There's no need for that, the movie had already established that Loki is allowing himself to be captured and how at least one of the heroes (Cap) finds it suspect. Not to mention the situation is later alluded to by Fury in his comment about Loki being the only one who wants to be on the Helicarrier.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #330
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
So we should get not one but TWO straight sequences where they discuss how easily Loki allowed himself to be taken in???? There's no need for that, the movie had already established that Loki is allowing himself to be captured and how at least one of the heroes (Cap) finds it suspect. Not to mention the situation is later alluded to by Fury in his comment about Loki being the only one who wants to be on the Helicarrier.
Nah, you missed my point. I'm not concerned with adding a scene where they talk about him being easy to capture, they, like you said, covered that.

I just want to know how they re-captured loki after letting him chill in the woods unsupervised.

In my mind, I'd like to think he lost a game of rock, paper, scissors and had to go with them as a result :P

Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #331
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Nah, you missed my point. I'm not concerned with adding a scene where they talk about him being easy to capture, they, like you said, covered that.

I just want to know how they re-captured loki after letting him chill in the woods unsupervised.

In my mind, I'd like to think he lost a game of rock, paper, scissors and had to go with them as a result :P
I don't see why it's important. You already know he wants to be captured so there's no reason to see them cuffing him again.

That's like asking "Where did Loki get the mouth piece from" at the end of the film. Does it really matter in the scheme of things?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #332
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

1) Loki seemed to be enjoying his enemies fight
2) Remember, he wanted to be caught to get to Hulk.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #333
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Mine is just a minor complaint, the quick Hulk change Banner does before punching the Leviathan. I certainly understand that they explained why and no doubt it was completely awesome to see him control it, but it may have confused some audience members. My own thoughts were that he wasn't in complete control on the Helicarrier so that's why it was more of rage and Loki's influence. As I said, just small. I am having a hard time thinking of anything that I really had problems with.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #334
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!

I know it's not important :P I just find it funny to think about, in an imagination sense of the word.

*cap and iron man capture loki in germany*

Cap: That seemed too easy

*thor busts in and grabs loki, iron man attacks thor leaving Loki unattended, cap breaks up fight, they casually walk over to Loki, who has already re-cuffed himself for them, and they take him away*

*back on the plane*

Cap : .......Okay now that REALLY seemed too easy!

I have no problems with the movie because of this, I just wanna KNOW lol.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #335
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis_Man View Post
Mine is just a minor complaint, the quick Hulk change Banner does before punching the Leviathan. I certainly understand that they explained why and no doubt it was completely awesome to see him control it, but it may have confused some audience members. My own thoughts were that he wasn't in complete control on the Helicarrier so that's why it was more of rage and Loki's influence. As I said, just small. I am having a hard time thinking of anything that I really had problems with.
That had me scratching my head a little because the other transformation happened because of Banner's uncontrollable rage, but I gathered that he more or less 'let' himself become Hulk to fight the monster, whereas before he was he was trying not to become Hulk and had suppressed it so when he got too angry he couldn't stop it. Or something like that.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #336
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
I know it's not important :P I just find it funny to think about, in an imagination sense of the word.

*cap and iron man capture loki in germany*

Cap: That seemed too easy

*thor busts in and grabs loki, iron man attacks thor leaving Loki unattended, cap breaks up fight, they casually walk over to Loki, who has already re-cuffed himself for them, and they take him away*

*back on the plane*

Cap : .......Okay now that REALLY seemed too easy!

I have no problems with the movie because of this, I just wanna KNOW lol.
Heh. When you think about the possible exchange after they caught him again... It is
kinda funny.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 05-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #337
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
That had me scratching my head a little because the other transformation happened because of Banner's uncontrollable rage, but I gathered that he more or less 'let' himself become Hulk to fight the monster, whereas before he was he was trying not to become Hulk and had suppressed it so when he got too angry he couldn't stop it. Or something like that.
I could gather that idea from it as well. He didn't want to transform on the Helicarrier, but knew he needed to in the final battle so it was just a quick change. It was just weird to see it happen that fast because we are used to it being a longer process. Even so though, it certainly didn't take me out of the movie and I even feel that it's one of the cooler scenes too. The more I see it and my excitement fades a bit, I'm sure I could pick things out a little better. For now it's about as close to perfection as you can get though.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #338
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I didn't like that the World Security Council referred to the Avengers as "freaks". Made them feel like the X-Men to me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #339
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I didn't like that the World Security Council referred to the Avengers as "freaks". Made them feel like the X-Men to me.
Yeah, I could see why someone would be bothered with that. However, at the end of the movie the public seems to give unanimous praise to The Avengers, something the poor X-Men never get, lol.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #340
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
Yeah, I could see why someone would be bothered with that. However, at the end of the movie the public seems to give unanimous praise to The Avengers, something the poor X-Men never get, lol.
Very true. Seeing all of that Avengers merchandise and how mostly all of the public were inspired by these people were great. I don't think they'll be referred to as "freaks" anymore.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #341
T"Challa
Side-Kick

One thing i disliked was Hawkeye's fight with black widow. She was injured ind limping from the pipe landing on her leg, however she kinda wiped the floor with him. I know BW is badass and all but she shouldnt be able to dominate like that in a fight against Hawkeye, especially not on 1 and a half legs

Old 05-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #342
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
One thing i disliked was Hawkeye's fight with black widow. She was injured ind limping from the pipe landing on her leg, however she kinda wiped the floor with him. I know BW is badass and all but she shouldnt be able to dominate like that in a fight against Hawkeye, especially not on 1 and a half legs
She did get over that injury pretty quick didn't she? And had some big agility feats in Manhattan for a normal human.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #343
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

She also grabbed onto that vehicle when it really should have ripped her hand off...

Relax, it's a comic book movie.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #344
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
She also grabbed onto that vehicle when it really should have ripped her hand off...

Relax, it's a comic book movie.
Oh, I know. Didn't Joss make a big deal about everyone keep their appropriate power level though? I would definitely say she did some superhuman stuff, lol.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #345
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
Oh, I know. Didn't Joss make a big deal about everyone keep their appropriate power level though? I would definitely say she did some superhuman stuff, lol.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Black Widow always done stuff like that in the comics?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #346
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
You may also notice that there was no giant knot on Hawkeye's forehead from being rammed into the railing.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #347
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:

Where was he going to go, exactly? Loki can't fly, he was stuck on top of a cliff. Did he really have options?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #348
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Where was he going to go, exactly? Loki can't fly, he was stuck on top of a cliff. Did he really have options?
Loki straight up teleported in and out of SHIELD's little campsite around Mjolnir in Thor, so umm... yes?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #349
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Quote:
Loki straight up teleported in and out of SHIELD's little campsite around Mjolnir in Thor, so umm... yes?
Loki has the ability to project his physical form without actually being there, so you're never really sure he's actually, you know, there. My interpretation of that scene in THOR is that he's not there. Like he wasn't really there when he saw the Other in TA to give his progress report.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #350
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium Man View Post
Loki has the ability to project his physical form without actually being there, so you're never really sure he's actually, you know, there. My interpretation of that scene in THOR is that he's not there. Like he wasn't really there when he saw the Other in TA to give his progress report.
Fair enough. Still, my beef is moreso with "When/How did they get Loki back into their custody" and less with Loki's modes of transportation.

Closed Thread