The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #751
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 1

I personally wasn't too thrilled with Bruce being able to transform at will.I always felt Hulk is more unique when Banner can't control his Hulk-Outs.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #752
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I wasn't fond of he Hulk's roar. Sounded ogre-ish, especially after the first transformation with Widow.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #753
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I didn't like that they didn't show us Iron Man and Thor taking on the squadron down on sixth.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #754
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Did Iron Man even end up going to sixth? I wouldn't have gone if I wasn't invited.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #755
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I personally wasn't too thrilled with Bruce being able to transform at will.I always felt Hulk is more unique when Banner can't control his Hulk-Outs.
Cap? Is that you? (username joke) Anyway I thought that was a plothole the first time I saw it and then I remembered the last scene of Incredible Hulk.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #756
Lorus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, for what it's worth, Banner's control isn't quite absolute. There's a distinction to be made between someone like Billy Batson just being able to shout 'SHAZAM' and become Captain Marvel and Banner being able to hulk out. His control comes from being locked in a state of constant struggle and anger, which is probably pretty unhealthy. I guess it's functionally the same but I do think it maintains a unique aspect of the character. Banner is now arguably slave to the Hulk.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #757
misjuevos
I am Groot

i was hoping loki would fly.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #758
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

- Iron Man being the focus of the film than Captain America, who is supposed the leader of the freaking team! Its Wolverine overshadowing Cyclops all over again.

- The way Thor came back. Kind of half-assed if you asked me.

- Agent Coulson's fate, but I understood why it had to be done since the character fulfilled his purpose in the franchise.

- Loki being the main villain again. Red Skull should've at least teamed up with him or something so the film wouldn't have felt like Thor 2.

- Mark Ruffalo. He was mediocre at best. I gave him a second chance and my Norton > Bana > Ruffalo point still stands.

- Thanos' reveal should've been the after-credits scene instead of the lame shawarma scene.

Last edited by Slushy; 09-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #759
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Technically Banner didn't really Hulk out at will. They explained it in the movie . Banner is like a Raw nerve. The slightest irritant can make him Hulk out. He's angry and frustrated all the time and he has to use his new found anger management technique to keep his Hulk outs in check. The anger is still there though. Its still churning and bubbling beneath the surface. He can still involuntarily Hulk out but he can also Hulk out when he needs to. The only thing Banner has to do stop holding back his anger. In a way Avengers Hulk is like The Green Scar.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #760
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
- Loki being the main villain again. Red Skull should've at least teamed up with him or something so the film wouldn't have felt like Thor 2.
...really? How did this film feel like Thor (other than the fact that there's conflict between brothers)?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #761
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I wasn't fond of he Hulk's roar. Sounded ogre-ish, especially after the first transformation with Widow.
IMO, Hulk sounded so much better & louder in "The Incredible Hulk". Loved his action scenes better over all in Avengers though.

The ending just felt like a slight rehash of Transformers: Dark Of The Moon but done so much better, will have to watch it a few more times to fully evaluate it.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #762
Slushy

Quote:
...really? How did this film feel like Thor (other than the fact that there's conflict between brothers)?
It just did.

Quote:
The film picks up where the first Thor left off.

Dr. Selvig plays an important part in the story.

Loki came back and is more powerful and evil than before.

Thor was powerful enough to almost defeat Iron Man and had no problem going toe to toe with The Hulk (and that was without the use of Mjolnir!)

Thor trying to reason with his brother and it almost costs his life twice doing so.

The fate of the Tesseract.
Some people say Thor got the least focus of the 4 Avenger stars, but IMO it was anything, but that.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #763
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
- Iron Man being the focus of the film than Captain America, who is supposed the leader of the freaking team! Its Wolverine overshadowing Cyclops all over again.
Not even close.
By film's end, even Tony was taking orders from Cap, and gladly doing so. Cap was clearly shown as a crisis manager, instantly taking charge.

Facetime-wise, somebody did a count several weeks ago, and Cap and IM were almost equal in facetime. In fact, the deleted "Man Out of Time" scene for Cap, at only 3.5 minutes long, would have actually put Chris Evans ahead of RDJ in screentime.

Hemsworth, by the way, ranked far behind in facetime than either Evans or RDJ, and even Sam Jackson.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #764
Slushy

Quote:
Not even close.
I disagree. Not only is he in the front of the posters and covers, but he also saved the day
at the end.

Robert Downey Jr. seems like a down to Earth guy. I don't see him being the kind of actor who would demand top billing / more time on camera (Edward Norton I could see doing that though) so I'm pretty sure this is studio politics 101 since Iron Man was Marvel's first movie and made a lot of money, but I hate how Captain America played second fiddle despite being leader of the team IMO.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #765
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
IMO, Hulk sounded so much better & louder in "The Incredible Hulk". Loved his action scenes better over all in Avengers though.
Agreed, although I think his action scenes in TIH were just as good if not just a little better than in The Avengers.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #766
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Something I didn't like was the fact that Thor didn't pick up his brother's staff. After the fight on Stark Tower, Loki rolls off of the building and escapes while Thor looks on. The staff was right there, and Thor could have just picked it up or at least alerted his teammates about it. Instead, it wasn't even thought about until Selvig pointed it out.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #767
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

One of my biggest gripes this movie acts like Warmachine doesn't exist. He could have at least had a cameo or something during the final battle or helped out with the military efforts or something. I mean they had time to reference, Peggy, Pepper, and Jane but not one line or camo for Warmachine??? Also it would have been nice for Bruce to reference Betty since all the other heroes got their love interested at least mentioned.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #768
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Well there was an indirect reference to Betty during the scene where Banner explains to Widow how he doesn't every time get what he wants, while rocking the cradle beside him.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #769
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Something I didn't like was the fact that Thor didn't pick up his brother's staff. After the fight on Stark Tower, Loki rolls off of the building and escapes while Thor looks on. The staff was right there, and Thor could have just picked it up or at least alerted his teammates about it. Instead, it wasn't even thought about until Selvig pointed it out.
Well, Thor was too busy taking Loki's blade out of his side and looking pissed off. It would've distracted from his bad a**ness.

But seriously though...in hindsight, maybe he was a little disoriented from the wound. Right after that scene when he came down with lightning on some Chitauri, you know when he landed where Cap, BW, and Hawkeye were. He stumbled getting up. I know that could've been from landing on the car wrong, but my first thought when I first seen the movie was that they were insinuating that he was affected by his injury. He's a god, but he doesn't have a healing factor per se does he?

Old 09-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #770
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Well, Thor was too busy taking Loki's blade out of his side and looking pissed off. It would've distracted from his bad a**ness.

But seriously though...in hindsight, maybe he was a little disoriented from the wound. Right after that scene when he came down with lightning on some Chitauri, you know when he landed where Cap, BW, and Hawkeye were. He stumbled getting up. I know that could've been from landing on the car wrong, but my first thought when I first seen the movie was that they were insuating that he was affected by his injury. He's a god, but he doesn't have a healing factor per se does he?
Not sure about the healing factor(In Thor, they had a healing room), but disoriented or not, the staff was right in front of him. He'd have to be completely blind or just not give a **** to pass it up like that. It's just a small thing that bothers me.

He knew how important and potentially powerful the staff was. Maybe he felt it was too evil for him to pick up...? I'm going to stop trying to justify it now, just makes me a little more annoyed.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #771
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Not sure about the healing factor(In Thor, they had a healing room), but disoriented or not, the staff was right in front of him. He'd have to be completely blind or just not give a **** to pass it up like that. It's just a small thing that bothers me.

He knew how important and potentially powerful the staff was. Maybe he felt it was too evil for him to pick up...? I'm going to stop trying to justify it now, just makes me a little more annoyed.
I didn't say it before, but I completely agree with you. See that's the type of questions journalists need to ask when interviewing Whedon. Obviously he had a great time making the movie and working with the cast, who cares.

These MARVEL or CBM directors/writers need to offer to answer fan questions as to story points and so forth. Because if my theory is right, okay. On the other hand if Joss simply would just say, oops, I didn't think of that, that would've been dope. That would be fine too. Then he can chalk it up to paying attention to detail in the future and then say, "Big up to ThePowerCosmic for pointing it out." Not poking fun at you either, I'm serious.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #772
Pificus
Side-Kick

There isn't really anything I can complain about in the film. But I was expecting and would have preferred a plot structure slightly more in line with The Dark Knight Rises. By that I mean the Chitauri should have shown up near the start of the film and, led by Loki, they start overtaking and destroying the city causing the avengers to team up.

In the film, Loki stealing the cube wasn't a strong an excuse to get the heroes together and the whole "we are seriously out gunned" line seemed out of place when the threat wasn't even clear at that point.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #773
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
I didn't say it before, but I completely agree with you. See that's the type of questions journalists need to ask when interviewing Whedon.
Mmm, no.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #774
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Really don't want to sound like some gushing fanboy but I can't really think of anything I didn't like...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #775
jacobed
Banned User

There are many things I don't like but none really detract from the experience. Why doesn't Iron Man and Capt. Know who Thor is right away? Stark clearly did his homework thoroughly and I'd assume with Loki back, Shield would talk to Capt about Thor

Closed Thread