The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #51
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Definitely. Their character interactions were electric on screen.

Okay this may be dumb, but how does Thor know about the Chitauri after Cap asks him what Loki's play is, Loki alludes to not being the mastermind and being shown the tesseracts true power but I still don't remember him mentioning the army in general or by name to Thor. Maybe I'm just that deaf (good thing I'm seeing it soon for a third time).
They never go into detail on how Thor knows. I'm just guessing Odin has informed Thor of what Loki's general plans are. Odin obviously knew something as he had to "gather all that dark energy" (as Loki stated) to get Thor back to Earth.

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #52
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Yeah, that's what I was thinking from jump, but wasn't quite sure.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #53
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Here's a couple of questions:

1. Was Gwyneth Paltrow credited at the end of the movie? I didn't recall seeing her name at the start of the credits when all the big names flashed on the screen. Did her name appear later when they gave a fuller cast list or did she go uncredited?

2. Did they explain exactly how Loki got out from wherever he was trapped at the end of Thor? He just seemed to appear in the SHIELD facility at the start of the movie, but wasn't he banished somewhere?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #54
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Here's a couple of questions:

2. Did they explain exactly how Loki got out from wherever he was trapped at the end of Thor? He just seemed to appear in the SHIELD facility at the start of the movie, but wasn't he banished somewhere?

Loki fell from the broken Bifrost bridge into space. He wasn't banished or trapped. So he made his ways through the universe. Wasn't there an interview with Tom Hiddleston where he told what happened since the end of Thor? Can't remember his words exactly.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #55
PunyGod
Side-Kick

Last edited by PunyGod; 09-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.
PunyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #56
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Loki fell from the broken Bifrost bridge into space. He wasn't banished or trapped. So he made his ways through the universe. Wasn't there an interview with Tom Hiddleston where he told what happened since the end of Thor? Can't remember his words exactly.
This interview? http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...tom-hiddleston
Quote:
There was a gap between Thor and The Avengers, and we see at the beginning of The Avengers that some… “stuff” has happened.

Yes.

And we still haven’t really gotten into it in detail. We get a hint at the end of the film. Did Joss [Whedon] fill you in on that? Was that vital to your character?

Yeah, we talked about it a lot. We talked about this idea that Loki disappears through that wormhole of space and time, when the Bifrost is destroyed, and he kind of goes through the Seventh Circle of Hell. And he’s on his own. He’s on his own in the dark corners of the universe, and the journey he goes on is pretty horrible. It’s like getting lost in the rainforest or something. You’re going to come out the other side a bit mangled on the outside, and on the inside. And he’s made this deal with Thanos and the Chitauri…

...So I think he makes a deal… and he’s being played too, by them. But I just think it’s interesting, actually, because we’re more interested in what that does to him as a character, because it gives us a justification for his increased menace. […] He’s much darker, and more scarred.
As to the topic at hand. I think the only thing I've had a hard time hearing (due to laughter) is what Banner says IMMEDIATELY after Thor gives the "he's adopted line"... he says a few words and then starts to talk about the iridium (where Stark then comes in)... but it's those immediate words after "he's adopted" that I've just never been able to make out.

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 05-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #57
Mr.T
Side-Kick

On the mountain top, didn't Loki tell Thor his brother watched him fall from the bifrost bridge or something along the lines of Odin/Thor just let him fall?
I didn't quite understand that because in Thor's movie, Thor reached for him begging him to take his hand and Loki willingly let go to fall from Asgard...

Old 05-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #58
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
On the mountain top, didn't Loki tell Thor his brother watched him fall from the bifrost bridge or something along the lines of Odin/Thor just let him fall?
I didn't quite understand that because in Thor's movie, Thor reached for him begging him to take his hand and Loki willingly let go to fall from Asgard...
Loki's line is:
"I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I who was and should be king."

The thing to take into account is Thor's next words (emphasis by me):
"So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights?"

To me Loki then looks genuinely confused by this response from Thor, accusing of his slight's being 'imagined'.

to me/my interpretation of it, whatever Loki ended up going through (the '7th circle of hell') has resulted in Loki (possibly subconsciously) twisting his own memory of how events went down to suit his twisted needs.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #59
PunyGod
Side-Kick

Last edited by PunyGod; 09-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.
PunyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #60
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunyGod View Post
I've seen it 4 times and still couldn't make this out since the audience is always laughing. Have to wait a few weeks (or months ) to get an empty theater.

I'm sure its just something like "There's one thing we haven't figured out yet. Iridium. What do they need it for..."
It probably is... it's just bugging me, I hate it when I can't hear something *lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Loki's line is:
"I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I who was and should be king."

The thing to take into account is Thor's next words (emphasis by me):
"So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights?"

To me Loki then looks genuinely confused by this response from Thor, accusing of his slight's being 'imagined'.

to me/my interpretation of it, whatever Loki ended up going through (the '7th circle of hell') has resulted in Loki (possibly subconsciously) twisting his own memory of how events went down to suit his twisted needs.
I will be seeing it a 3rd time, so I will look at this closely and remember your interpretation. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #62
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I couldn't hear Hulk's line because the audience was still going nuts over him smashing Loki. Not going to blame them for that though.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #63
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Stark said B. Not of use
Not he said "Not a fuse", referring to Banner/Hulk.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Just got back from seeing Avengers again, one thing I finally figured out, was on the bridge, when Stark puts that thing on the side of the console. I thought at first he was like activating the screen..only now I realize he planted it to start the decryption process lol, I feel dumb for missing it the first time.
Getting into Shields files? Yeah, i missed that too the first time.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #65
Mr.LethalWeapon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Not he said "Not a fuse", referring to Banner/Hulk.
Not so.

"Not of use" makes more contextual sense.

Steve is not a scientist and thus is of no help in programming the search parameters for the spectrometers to find the Cosmic Cube; Stark and Banner are.

Steve: "...and you're all about style"
Tony: "Of the three people in this room which ONE is A, wearing a spangly outfit, and B, not of use?"

He says "which one," meaning which one person; so he certainly can't be referring to two different people [Steve and Bruce] in his phrasing, just Steve.

Mr.LethalWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #66
DarkJester
I taste like gravy!

Seen it 5 times now (don't judge me o_o) and I still have no idea what the hell Widow and Hawkeye are going on about in their subplot. He saved her, so... she saved him? Even then, the "debt" wasn't wiped out? Oh to hell with it: they found the cube.

DarkJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #67
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
Seen it 5 times now (don't judge me o_o) and I still have no idea what the hell Widow and Hawkeye are going on about in their subplot. He saved her, so... she saved him? Even then, the "debt" wasn't wiped out? Oh to hell with it: they found the cube.
Well, there's the debt she owes him, and I think that is taken care of with her saving him.

But when she's talking about 'red in her ledger' she's also talking about all the people she killed BEFORE she worked for SHIELD. The way I took it, that's why she brought it up again while talking with him. He's wondering why she wants to wade into this war since she's a spy not a soldier and she's basically saying that because of the sheer amount of blood in her past, she realized she's going to have to do a LOT more than she'd been doing up until that point to wipe it out.

But that's just the way I took it

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #68
thalidomide
The Enemy

I can't remember the part where the movie sucked. Everything is fooking awesome!

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #69
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
I can't remember the part where the movie sucked. Everything is fooking awesome!
Oh, I can remember the part where the movie sucked. It was after this part where all these names were scrolling by, and after this extra little scene that the US/Canada got... the part that sucked was when theater did this annoying thing and turned up the lights

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #70
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Oh, I can remember the part where the movie sucked. It was after this part where all these names were scrolling by, and after this extra little scene that the US/Canada got... the part that sucked was when theater did this annoying thing and turned up the lights
Oh yeah you're right! We didn't have that little scene as well

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #71
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

First time i missed the line:

"Barton's been compromised" line by Coulson to BW during her interrogation scene.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
Superwhat
Side-Kick

Maybe this has been answered:

After BW is 'interviewed' Coulson calls her and tells her to get the big guy. She assumes it's Tony, but Coulson says no, THE big guy.

She then says something in russian, does anyone know what she said?

Superwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #73
cofphoto
Side-Kick

Saw it for the 5th time this morning and there are still some things I don't get. The one that comes to mind is when Iron Man is flying into NYC along with the nuke, and Cap says something like "Stark, you know that's a one way ticket" and Stark replies with something about "save it for the next turn....". What does he say and what does it mean?

Also, I Googled Loki's "Mewling Quim" .......LOL yeah, better that they left that comment in the Queen's English. That wouldn't have gone over well in American English. But I also wondered if they left that line in showings in the UK, since people over there would actually understand what a mewling quim is.

Oh and stupid question....in the very opening scene of the movie, I assume the Chatauri Leader is speaking to Thanos, we just can't see him because his back is turned? And when Loki visits the Chatauri Leader, he says something like "he who put the staff in your hands, he who showed you the universe" or something like that. Is he again talking about Thanos?

Last edited by cofphoto; 05-13-2012 at 03:56 PM.
cofphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #74
cofphoto
Side-Kick

I didn't get how Thor knew of the Chautari either. When he and Loki are talking privately in the forest, Loki says something about "things I have been shown" and Thor questions "who is showing you these things"? Loki never answers him in that scene because Iron Man interrupts the conversation. So Thor did question who Loki was working with but in the movie they never showed him getting an answer. Yet later on the bridge, Thor tells everyone that Loki intends to bring an army of Chautari to take over Earth.

One more thing that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere - At the end of the movie when they show Stark and Potts in Tony's office, the two of them are looking at one of those holographic computer images that looks to be Stark Tower or similar to Stark Tower.....Earlier in the movie Pepper talks about going to DC to do something with "the other buildings" as if they are planning more Stark Towers.

At the end of the movie when they are looking at the computer screen, for a very brief second the screen shows what looks like a bunch of different files or folders. I swear that I saw one folder that had an image of Iron Man's helmet and another folder that had an image of Captain America's shield. Did anyone else catch that?

cofphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #75
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofphoto View Post
Saw it for the 5th time this morning and there are still some things I don't get. The one that comes to mind is when Iron Man is flying into NYC along with the nuke, and Cap says something like "Stark, you know that's a one way ticket" and Stark replies with something about "save it for the next turn....". What does he say and what does it mean?
He says (I believe) "Save the rest for the turn, J." From what I could tell, he was telling Jarvis to save the remaining power until they needed to make the upward turn at Stark tower (so the nuke wouldn't hit the tower). Basically he's hitching a ride with the nuke until that point, then you'll notice that the moment he starts to turn up and actually exert force on the nuke, extra rockets go off to help facilitate the tun upwards (if that makes sense)

Quote:
Also, I Googled Loki's "Mewling Quim" .......LOL yeah, better that they left that comment in the Queen's English. That wouldn't have gone over well in American English. But I also wondered if they left that line in showings in the UK, since people over there would actually understand what a mewling quim is.
It was kept in all prints as far as I know (cause goodness knows my UK twitter friends were talking about it after they saw the film)

Quote:
Oh and stupid question....in the very opening scene of the movie, I assume the Chatauri Leader is speaking to Thanos, we just can't see him because his back is turned? And when Loki visits the Chatauri Leader, he says something like "he who put the staff in your hands, he who showed you the universe" or something like that. Is he again talking about Thanos?
Yes. Thanos is sitting in some throne or something where the back is turned towards The Other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofphoto View Post
I didn't get how Thor knew of the Chautari either. When he and Loki are talking privately in the forest, Loki says something about "things I have been shown" and Thor questions "who is showing you these things"? Loki never answers him in that scene because Iron Man interrupts the conversation. So Thor did question who Loki was working with but in the movie they never showed him getting an answer. Yet later on the bridge, Thor tells everyone that Loki intends to bring an army of Chautari to take over Earth.
I just assumed that Heimdall or Odin had seen something occur that allowed them to get the gist of what was going on/that Loki had acquired the help of the Chitauri- though they obviously weren't able to see exactly who it was that was helping Loki

Quote:
One more thing that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere - At the end of the movie when they show Stark and Potts in Tony's office, the two of them are looking at one of those holographic computer images that looks to be Stark Tower or similar to Stark Tower.....Earlier in the movie Pepper talks about going to DC to do something with "the other buildings" as if they are planning more Stark Towers.

At the end of the movie when they are looking at the computer screen, for a very brief second the screen shows what looks like a bunch of different files or folders. I swear that I saw one folder that had an image of Iron Man's helmet and another folder that had an image of Captain America's shield. Did anyone else catch that?
The image they were looking at, I believe was Stark Tower that they were in, and they were just going over the renovation plans (because goodness knows, Stark Tower needs some renovation done after that battle)... it looked to me like those plans included a hanger for a QuinJet.

Not sure about the files/folders on the screen. Didn't catch that myself.

~Agents of SHIELD