The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #276
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
No. That scene was never used in TIH (wish it had been). Remember the SHIELD team discovered Cap at the beginning of CA:TFA when some people in the area notified them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You never saw Cap's movie?
Yes, but i thought it was Hulk that shifted the ice somehow (TIH suicide scene) and made Caps plane visible for discovery, whereas prior to that it was buried....

Old 05-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #277
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Is it mentioned at all in Avengers that it was Hulk who lead to discovery of Cap in the ice? I've only seen this once and can't re-call any dialogue that supports that.
No, but Banner mentions a scene that occurred in the deleted scene of him using the gun but Hulk prevented him from killing himself.

Cap's discovery is seen at the beginning of "The First Avenger" The agents that discover Red Skull's aircraft in the arctic . Of course their more it than that which is explained furthermore in "Marvel Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week"

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #278
Savage
Earth Rocker

Yeah, not to mention you could see Cap in the Hulk deleted scene. He's on the plane in actual continuity.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #279
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

The shot of Cap frozen in Avengers; i don't remember him caked in ice like he was on the table in Avengers. I remember him on the plane, but don't re-call him being covered in ice.

Anyhow, i conclude that TIH deleted scene (which i just watcched) doesn't count. Many assumed Banner's suicide description in Avengers is this scene, but Banner doesn't stick the gun in his mouth, he simple holds it, pulls the hammer back then looks down as his hand Hulk's out.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #280
Mr.T
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
The shot of Cap frozen in Avengers; i don't remember him caked in ice like he was on the table in Avengers. I remember him on the plane, but don't re-call him being covered in ice.

Anyhow, i conclude that TIH deleted scene (which i just watcched) doesn't count. Many assumed Banner's suicide description in Avengers is this scene, but Banner doesn't stick the gun in his mouth, he simple holds it, pulls the hammer back then looks down as his hand Hulk's out.
I'm there with you. I didnt think Ruffalo's reference to putting the gun to his mouth was meant for the deleted TIH scene. Norton clearly Hulked out right after cocking the gun. That and the fact cap was sitting in the broken ice sheet right there in tht scene. All of that was meant to be forgotten.

He did mention "breaking Harlem" which is definitely a reference to the TIH. I would think the reference would've been as specific as the Harlem one if they indeed meant to refer to that deleted scene.

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #281
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

I had a thought. Anyone who reads The Avengers comics will know what I'm talking about but frequently in the comics Cap is put ''above'' the roster. That is, he never gets much development and serves more as a the greatest example of how a superhero should be. In many comics this is played up of course, especially for the newer members of The Avengers. Or, to use a term from TVTropes, he serves as a ''Big Good''.

I think the omission of his man out of time scenes kind of puts him in the story more in that light. I guess this is kind of a useless observation if you don't read the comics, but those of you that do might know what I'm talking about.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #282
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

We never saw Cap frozen in ice actually in The First Avenger, just his shield.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #283
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
We never saw Cap frozen in ice actually in The First Avenger, just his shield.
that is correct. In Fury's big Week we actually see his face.

Coulson acts like a total fanboy

Coulson after he here's the news that they found Captain Rogers alive in an ice cube

Old 05-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #284
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wonder for his own sequel, if we'll get a more detailed look as to the legacy that Steve left behind as CA and the effect that it had on the general populace. I mean, was he talked about in history books and old newsreels in school? I would also like to see on how the public who are aware of his existence and his exploits reacted towards hearing that he's back and still alive, etc.

I'd like to add that I hope Steve is allowed to find some peace and comfort during his time shown in the MCU; I mean, would it be so hard to show him enjoying his personal and professional life like how we saw Tony and Pepper doing at the end of TA?

Speaking of which, anyone else think that there would be comedic gold in seeing Tony's reaction on learning that Steve is going out with a modern day woman? I could see Tony making a remark on how Steve is technically supposed to be in his late 80's, early 90's versus the presumably late 20's/early 30's love interest that he'll be paired up with.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #285
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wonder for his own sequel, if we'll get a more detailed look as to the legacy that Steve left behind as CA and the effect that it had on the general populace. I mean, was he talked about in history books and old newsreels in school? I would also like to see on how the public who are aware of his existence and his exploits reacted towards hearing that he's back and still alive, etc.

I'd like to add that I hope Steve is allowed to find some peace and comfort during his time shown in the MCU; I mean, would it be so hard to show him enjoying his personal and professional life like how we saw Tony and Pepper doing at the end of TA?

Speaking of which, anyone else think that there would be comedic gold in seeing Tony's reaction on learning that Steve is going out with a modern day woman? I could see Tony making a remark on how Steve is technically supposed to be in his late 80's, early 90's versus the presumably late 20's/early 30's love interest that he'll be paired up with.lol
Gosh. There really needs to be a buddy movie of Iron Man and Cap.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #286
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think the sequel might address all the philosophical things and Cap trying to find his place in the world again. And I assume some resolution with Peggy since she's still not dead and all.

You know what would be hilarious? If Peggy married someone and the husband turns out to be Stan Lee. I mean FYI, Stan did serve in the army around WWII, and he's about the age Peggy is supposed to be now.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #287
tek
Side-Kick

if we r going to have a buddy movie with cap and ironman, why not go the whole hog and remake 3 men and a baby with cap, im and thor

tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #288
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek View Post
if we r going to have a buddy movie with cap and ironman, why not go the whole hog and remake 3 men and a baby with cap, im and thor
Hulk can be the baby. God help them when he gets cranky...

Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #289
irapogi
Side-Kick

Lol yes

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #290
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I recently was viewing the Steve Rogers/Cap page in Marvel's Art of The Avengers (I highly recommend that you all get this book if you haven't already it's really worth getting.) I discovered that Agent Coulson's vintage Captain America trading cards set is are actually production concept art 7 of which were done by Ryan Meinerding for "Captain America: The First Avenger" and two are from Joe Simon and Jack Kirby.

Credit: RIM (Real IronMan)

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 05-13-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #291
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I love Cap's strategic game plan

Hawkeye's on that roof. Eyes on everything call out patterns and strays.

Iron Man, you've got the perimeter anything gets more than three blocks out, turn it back or turn it to ash.

Thor, you've got to try to bottleneck that portal, slow 'em down. You've got the lighting, light the bastards up.

Widow your with me on the ground. Keep at 'em, Keep the fighting here.

And Hulk...SMASH!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #292
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I recently was viewing the Steve Rogers/Cap page in Marvel's Art of The Avengers (I highly recommend that you all get this book if you haven't already it's really worth getting.) I discovered that Agent Coulson's vintage Captain America trading cards set is are actually production concept art 7 of which were done by Ryan Meinerding for "Captain America: The First Avenger" and two are from Joe Simon and Jack Kirby.

Credit: RIM (Real IronMan)
Nice. If they'd release a set of these I'd prolly buy them.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #293
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think the sequel might address all the philosophical things and Cap trying to find his place in the world again. And I assume some resolution with Peggy since she's still not dead and all.

You know what would be hilarious? If Peggy married someone and the husband turns out to be Stan Lee. I mean FYI, Stan did serve in the army around WWII, and he's about the age Peggy is supposed to be now.
I wonder if they will take the Ultimate Apporach....like in Ultimate movie Cap found his love interest but she was married to someone else but i think that movie there was no winter solider and she was married to bucky..id see them flash back to steve getting unthawed and reaction from the public when they found out CapTain America was back alive..nd impact he left on the country

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #294
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Anyone else liked on how we heard bits and pieces of Captain America's solo film score throughout the film? I think his individual theme was the only one present in the film.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #295
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Anyone else liked on how we heard bits and pieces of Captain America's solo film score throughout the film? I think his individual theme was the only one present in the film.
Yeah I noticed and I though it was fitting although I though I hear Thor's theme briefly in the sequence he armor's up with Mjølnir.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #296
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Yeah I noticed and I though it was fitting although I though I hear Thor's theme briefly in the sequence he armor's up with Mjølnir.
It did sound a bit Thor-ish now that you mention it.lol

If anything, I was expecting to hear a theme reminiscing Thor's score when he made his epic debut into TA.

Also, when it comes to CA's sequel, the only reason why I'm hesitant towards having folks like BW and Hawkeye in it is because I think it would make it hard for characters like Sharon Carter, who's also a SHIELD Field agent, to be introduced in if there's another kickass SHIELD agent like Natasha present in the film.

And didn't Feige say something regarding the possibility of Steve having a hero sidekick in CA2?

Old 05-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #297
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

It seems like Widow will be in IM3, so maybe she remains an IM series character. While, Cap gets partnered up with Clint, Sharon & possibly Falcon.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #298
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
It seems like Widow will be in IM3, so maybe she remains an IM series character. While, Cap gets partnered up with Clint, Sharon & possibly Falcon.
I can see that happening. Seems like a little much but I can very well see that happening. Maybe Cap leads a new team of Howling Commandos.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #299
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If anything though, the goal should be imho to not present an "Avengers redux" group.

Prior towards TA, I remember on how a lot of marketing commercials always get emphasizing on how Iron Man 2 presented a "new group" when it came to the new aspects of the film (War Machine, BW, Nick Fury) and in some ways, i felt like it was trying to get into the Avengers mode already.

If anything, the solo films for any of these heroes shouldn't put so much emphasis on them leading or being a part of a new group.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #300
Savage
Earth Rocker

It really shouldn't. I hope it's still largely a Captain America movie but he interacts with other heroes much in the way Iron Man interacted with Black Widow and Nick Fury in his movie. Not cameos but a supporting cast of heroes works. Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, and The Falcon seem fine. I guess I can see Hawkeye in there but for some reason he seems like a stretch to me. He didn't exactly interact with Cap in The Avengers so him paling around with Cap all of a sudden seems...odd.

I can see why they want a separate SHIELD flick. I don't want Cap to be crowded. Even Iron Man 2 only had War Machine and Black Widow in any action scenes and they had one a piece.