The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #401
Savage
Earth Rocker

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Zola is a must. I think he absolutely needs to return in his robot form as a full on threat and leading a new Hydra.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #402
antonydelfini
Dangerous Habits

I would love the Captain America franchise to be titled the way the Indiana Jones and Harry Potter series were titled: Captain America and the Whatever. It's retro and old fashioned the way Steve Rogers is.

If I would make the sequel, the story definitely should be about Cap having a hard time letting go of the past (Peggy, Howling Commandos, 40's American values and society) and having a harder time working with and accepting the present (Sharon/ Bernie, SHIELD, 21st century values and society).

The villain plot should be a modern day Hydra led by Baron Zemo or Strucker with the goal of resurrecting the Red Skull to lead the new Hydra, combat Cap, and take over the world.

The ending should be Cap defeating Baron Zemo or Strucker, stopping mass casualties, but failing to stop the resurrection of Red Skull. A verbal confrontation at the end between the 2 would be epic, before Red Skull escapes. It should also end with Cap finally accepting and appreciating his present instead of holding on to his past.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #403
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Here's a question: should the return of the Red Skull happen in a Captain America movie? Or should he actually be saved to lead the Masters of Evil in an Avengers film?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #404
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Captain America movie, most definately!

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #405
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
I would love the Captain America franchise to be titled the way the Indiana Jones and Harry Potter series were titled: Captain America and the Whatever. It's retro and old fashioned the way Steve Rogers is.

If I would make the sequel, the story definitely should be about Cap having a hard time letting go of the past (Peggy, Howling Commandos, 40's American values and society) and having a harder time working with and accepting the present (Sharon/ Bernie, SHIELD, 21st century values and society).

The villain plot should be a modern day Hydra led by Baron Zemo or Strucker with the goal of resurrecting the Red Skull to lead the new Hydra, combat Cap, and take over the world.

The ending should be Cap defeating Baron Zemo or Strucker, stopping mass casualties, but failing to stop the resurrection of Red Skull. A verbal confrontation at the end between the 2 would be epic, before Red Skull escapes. It should also end with Cap finally accepting and appreciating his present instead of holding on to his past.
That all sounds good to me. "Captain America and The Winter Soldier" already has a good ring to it. Maybe "Captain America: Hydra's Revenge". Cut off one head and two shall take it's place so why not both Zemo and Strucker as competitors of sorts?

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 05-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #406
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Here's a question: should the return of the Red Skull happen in a Captain America movie? Or should he actually be saved to lead the Masters of Evil in an Avengers film?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Captain America movie, most definately!
Agreed. Cap movie definitely. This is Cap's Darth Vader/Magneto. This is his nemesis who I wouldn't mind seeing in more than one movie. While Zemo and Strucker make trouble for Cap, Zola could be working for one of them while secretly plotting to bring back the Red Skull to lead Hydra once more. I can see Zemo not being a fan of having to follow Red Skull's orders and making a face turn of sorts. Throw in Madame Hydra/Viper for Sharon Carter to fight and you have a damn good movie filled with action.

The way I see it Strucker and his lackey Viper control one faction of Hydra while Zemo with Zola as a second hand control the other faction. Zola brings back Skull who then controls both sides.

Last edited by Savage; 05-17-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #407
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Anyways, what would you guys want to see most in Cap 2?

For me it's three things
-Flesh out the "Man out of time" in Steve Rogers

-At last showcase the full potential of the super-soldier (TA was good, now expand Cap's physical prowess)

-Keep the story connected to Cap's WWII past, with Sharon Carter or Hydra or Winter Solider etc.

Oh and one more thing, make sure Steve Rogers is still always the good "little man" on the inside. I hate it when they make Cap too dark
There is one thing I want to see. Kind of a nod to the fans of the actors. First off, I really would like at least Hawkeye to have a major cameo in Captain America 2. And then, once that is established, I just want to see Steve and Clint singing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing." That's all. Don't see why they can't add a little something like that in the movie.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #408
casscain
Side-Kick

Warhorse: Have you been watching Jeremy Renner on YouTube, jumping on stage with Steel Panthers?

casscain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #409
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by casscain View Post
Warhorse: Have you been watching Jeremy Renner on YouTube, jumping on stage with Steel Panthers?
YES! And I love it. And, then you have Chris Evans singing the same song in Losers!

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #410
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post

They do that to prevent sequelitis. When you use 2 and 3 people will start to feel tired of the name and the franchise. When you use subtitles every movies seems fresh and feels like its own individual movie instead of feeling like a sequel. Kind of like how The Dark Knight doesn't feel like Batman Begins 2.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #411
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

The Masters Of Evil should occur in an Avengers movie led by Zemo.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #412
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
The Masters Of Evil should occur in an Avengers movie led by Zemo.
well why not? For Avengers 2, complete with Thanos, you can bring Zemo into the Captain America sequel, Enchantress into the Thor sequel, we already know Abomination and there's rumors of Technovore being in IM3.

((Wait was Technovore even IN the masters of evil? He's a robot monster...))

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #413
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Eh, the problem with Zemo is that Red Skull made Heinrich redundant in WWII by more or less usurping his role. I'm not sure if there's room for Zemo in the MCU without *major* reenvisioning.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #414
Savage
Earth Rocker

He didn't make him redundant in the comics. Cap had a lot of Nazi villains in WWII. I can see how they'd use one Zemo in the present and flashback to Cap taking on his father in WWII. Maybe the Zemos can even be anti-heroes of sorts. Maybe Cap ended up helping Heinrich Zemo get Hydra agents out of his castle, Heinrich gets killed by The Red Skull in the process, so Helmut believes that Cap killed his father. I can see the twist being used later to have Helmut turn on Red Skull aaand hopefully one day lead to a Thunderbolts movie.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #415
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Okay, let me explain. In the comics, Heinrich was the mastermind with technical talent, who was responsible for Cap and Bucky's "death", who got himself both enhanced and disfigured by technology. Red Skull was more of a singular agent, highly skilled, out doing evil for the Nazis. The movie version of Red Skull is a lot more like the latter than the former.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #416
Savage
Earth Rocker

Gotcha. So movie Baron Zemo would undergo a few changes. That or the movie's focus would be on his lineage and less on his origins and such. It'd be nice if Cap could have an actual rogues gallery of sorts from WWII. Baron Blood, Master Man, etc. I don't see what's wrong with using another nazi with a different characterization altogether. For one thing he's not into the occult and his royal lineage is definitely more important to his character.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #417
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
Now this is some badass maskless Captain America. That's what I'm talking about! Best Maskless Movie Super Hero to date. Puts maskless spider-man to shame!

Definitely

Although masked Spidey puts masked Cap to shame.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #418
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

This artist rendition of Chris Evans as Cap is remarkable

Captain America

Rogers sans cowl mask

http://sheridan-j.deviantart.com/art...sked-303043645

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #419
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Wow that's beautiful though im not sure if that's the right word.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #420
Drizzle
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Zola is a must. I think he absolutely needs to return in his robot form as a full on threat and leading a new Hydra.
By the end of TFA, he didn't seem like he wanted anything to do with Hydra any more.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #421
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Or they could do one past/WWII villain and one 21sr century. For example bring in Baron Zemo as the leader of the modern day HYDRA, and another assassin like Punisher or Bullseye

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #422
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I just saw this by accident:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If that link don't work try:
http://www.youtube.com/gucciparfums

Last edited by C. Lee; 05-20-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fixed link
The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #423
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
I just saw this by accident:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If that link don't work try:
http://www.youtube.com/gucciparfums
I fixed the second link for you.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #424
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

How do you get the youtube link to work correctly? The one that posts the video itself

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #425
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
How do you get the youtube link to work correctly? The one that posts the video itself
Not sure....I always have trouble with that myself....

AHA!!!!!.......http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=346603

Last edited by C. Lee; 05-20-2012 at 06:08 PM.
C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote