The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #426
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Not sure....I always have trouble with that myself....

AHA!!!!!.......http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=346603
TY. I copied the whole link. TY y so much.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

IT WORKS IT WORKS

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #427
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Would anyone else here be interested in seeing Steve/Captain America put in a situation where he is made to believe that he has a chance to reclaim his old life back in the forties, whether it be means of time travel or a hallucination (which is probably more likely) and that showing him being able to push that temptation away, as a means of cementing that he's allowed himself to be freed from his former life?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #428
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Would anyone else here be interested in seeing Steve/Captain America put in a situation where he is made to believe that he has a chance to reclaim his old life back in the forties, whether it be means of time travel or a hallucination (which is probably more likely) and that showing him being able to push that temptation away, as a means of cementing that he's allowed himself to be freed from his former life?

That has been done to death and always, always ends with Our Hero choosing the life he has now over regaining his past life and loves. It would be far more dramatic and interesting to show Steve coming to terms with the fact that world he lived in is irrevocably lost, that all of his friends are dead and the woman he loves can never be with him. Steve Rogers needs to mourn all that he lost and yet pick up the pieces and build a life in the present. I would love to see all of the emotional challenges facing him dealt with fully and honestly, rather than have them shoved aside in favor of some easy, plot-driven resolution that ignores Steve's struggles.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #429
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That has been done to death and always, always ends with Our Hero choosing the life he has now over regaining his past life and loves. It would be far more dramatic and interesting to show Steve coming to terms with the fact that world he lived in is irrevocably lost, that all of his friends are dead and the woman he loves can never be with him. Steve Rogers needs to mourn all that he lost and yet pick up the pieces and build a life in the present. I would love to see all of the emotional challenges facing him dealt with fully and honestly, rather than have them shoved aside in favor of some easy, plot-driven resolution that ignores Steve's struggles.
Oh no doubt about it; and my apologies for not being clearer at the beginning, I meant for that scenario, if it were to have been a option, to take place when Steve is at his lowest, after having gone through so many of those struggles that you just mentioned head on, and while it has been done to death in many hero situations, for the life of me, I can't remember having seen a scenario like that in live action on the big screen yet.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #430
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I can't wait to see the blu-ray deleted scene "Steve Rogers: Man out of Time."

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #431
hafizbat
Side-Kick

But it doesn't look like there's any deleted action sequences at first glance I thought there was at least one deleted segment of Cap fighting, as that shot of him throwing the shield towards the camera didn't make it in the actual movie (although it was featured in many trailers and tv spots?)

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #432
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
But it doesn't look like there's any deleted action sequences at first glance I thought there was at least one deleted segment of Cap fighting, as that shot of him throwing the shield towards the camera didn't make it in the actual movie (although it was featured in many trailers and tv spots?)
you mean this?

Yeah I'm guessing that was the extended alley fight in New York. Perhaps it will make it's way to the blu-ray.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #433
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Check out this International Japaness character poster of Captain Steve Rogers

Old 05-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #434
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
you mean this?

Yeah I'm guessing that was the extended alley fight in New York. Perhaps it will make it's way to the blu-ray.

From the description of the extras it looks like some fight scenes will be added: Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage

Quote:

That is one gorgeous photo. I can't wait for a hi res version to become available.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #435
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Wow, just wow. I hope we'll get some similar character posters of all Avengers until it starts there in August.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #436
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
you mean this?

Yep thats what i'm talking about. Its a shame really as its a sweet shot, but hopefully we'll get it on the blu-ray. Now I have something to look forward too Cap looks great in there

Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #437
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Like that shot. Movie needed more shield throwing.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #438
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Ya, we never really got a "whoa" kind of shield throw. Then again I'm still waiting for some Cap fighting moments to blow me away. There's still so much they could do with him from that perspective its not even funny.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #439
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think we will get more of that in Captain America 2 now that they have a more mobile costume and some more guys Cap will go toe to toe with.

We got to see Cap in the thick of battle fighting the aliens and taking charge. And one of my favorite shots in the movie was Iron Man ricocheting the repulsor blast off the shield. That's the type of creative fighting I want to see in superhero movies. We never really got that before with Avengers.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #440
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

also with hulk and thor working together on that leviathan.
The cap action will be much better in his solo film. I'm really excited to see that one. Moreso than any of the other solo films to be honest. Although that really depends on how epic thor 2 looks.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #441
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Agreed, Also after reading and seeing the original storyboard in Marvel's Art of The Avengers for the forest fight, Their was a sequence that featured Cap being more agile in a mini fight he had with Thor before Thor used Mjølnir against the shield.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #442
bauhau5

I really hope for Caps second film they make him less jumpy. He seemed to be jarred at everything that was going on around him. I think he should own the title of Super Soldier a little more like he did in the First Avenger. It would be awesome to have him do more tricked out combos with the shield as well, maybe even quickly strapping it to his back and going at dudes with both fists, then bringing it back around to deflect an object. Would be cool to see him ricochet it off objects then go in and land some combos before catching it. Most of all though I just want him to be less skittish, and peppy. Pep is Steve Rodgers, Super Soldier extrorinaire is Cap.

bauhau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #443
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauhau5 View Post
I really hope for Caps second film they make him less jumpy. He seemed to be jarred at everything that was going on around him. I think he should own the title of Super Soldier a little more like he did in the First Avenger. It would be awesome to have him do more tricked out combos with the shield as well, maybe even quickly strapping it to his back and going at dudes with both fists, then bringing it back around to deflect an object. Would be cool to see him ricochet it off objects then go in and land some combos before catching it. Most of all though I just want him to be less skittish, and peppy. Pep is Steve Rodgers, Super Soldier extrorinaire is Cap.
What do you mean "jumpy" or "peppy"? any specific examples? I agree about the shield combat tho, and we should see that in Cap 2. Remember all these characters are still growing in the MCU, so it would make sense that with experience Cap gets more creative with the shield.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #444
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really hope for Caps second film they make him less jumpy. He seemed to be jarred at everything that was going on around him.
Oh, that's probably just because his mouth was always hanging open.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #445
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Oh, that's probably just because his mouth was always hanging open.
Well, he got his act together when it counted, quickly lol.

To quickly address your counter argument to mine earlier in the thread, only a couple of things stick out. Firstly, Iron Man's heroics in his previous movies. I'm not disputing that he did save people but that was usually a by product of his main goal- chasing down the villain or running away from the military. He didn't exactly go out of his way to save civilians, at his expense. I mean, Tony Stark isn't even disputing this fact! Lol. He never talked about as if it was a virtue by its own merit. Not that you'd expect it coming from him but it did force him to reassess himself, and rather brilliantly I thought.

I think it's great writing when you have Cap bring up that point about him and make you review the last two Iron man movies, and it makes sense and that it keeps into check Tony Stark's continuing character arc when he could have easily probably be a 'horizontal' character cracking jokes left and right.

And secondly, Cap's 'violent' tendencies. I don't think you understand what I mean. Where has he shown a propensity for violence that is uncalled for? If you were referring to his daring Tony to a match, it wasn't the same as wanting to be violent about it for the sake of it as it was to make a point undercutting Tony's heroism and showmanship. There's a difference. Anyway even if he was, he wasn't yet a leader at that point which you were technically defining him as so that's a moot point really.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #446
shieldmaiden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Thus far, villains have interfered with that. Stark's ego has affected his interpersonal relationships, not his efforts as Iron Man.
Only 12% of his relationships...

shieldmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #447
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Haven't affected his efforts as Iron Man...outside of getting drunk in the suit and getting into a public fight which made people think less of him as a hero.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 AM   #448
shieldmaiden
Side-Kick

Boy, am I late to this party!

Captain America: The First Avenger was my first exposure to the Captain America/Steve Rogers character, and now I'm feeling like I really missed out. I wasn't a fan of Chris Evans, didn't know anything about The Avengers (despite being an avid X-Men fan) and didn't think I'd like Captain America in the slightest.

After enough people told me something like "THIS is the superhero you'll like best. This one was made for you..." I was curious, and went.

They were right... from the instant scrawny little Steve Rogers started showing what he was made of, I was HOOKED. Chris Evans earnest portrayal sold me completely. Rogers seemed so genuine as this chronic underdog that always did the right thing-- regardless of personal cost to himself. Because I had zero backstory to go on and no personal investment in any one Cap storyline over another, the experience was very uncluttered for me... I was indignant when his blind date blew him off and thought Bucky was kind of a jerk to him. I was happy for him that he finally got his chance to be a soldier and follow his dream, proving his worth again and again against bigger, stronger candidates.

Then there was the serum, and that was great too. But I think the reason why Captain America will ALWAYS be my favorite superhero is that I've never stopped seeing him as "the little guy"... and my hunch is that Captain America/Steve Rogers HIMSELF still lives there, too. He's too humble for it to be otherwise.

I winced when Tony said "the only thing that's special about you came out of a bottle." That just killed me- because not only is it not true, but I've suspected that Steve Rogers might have wondered that about himself before. Once you've BEEN "the little guy", in some way you're ALWAYS "the little guy." There HAS to be lingering self-doubt-- it goes hand in hand with having been picked on and bullied.

IMHO, I think there could be a whole 'nuther current going on underneath his "Man out of Time" plot thread. I can't imagine Steve Rogers/Captain America could get to this point in his life without wondering who he is--who he REALLY is-- without the serum. Steve Rogers is a thinker, and in real life that's a total mixed blessing. If he's aware enough to call out Fury on SHIELD being a little dirty, and to eventually debate the difference between being a good soldier and a good person, he's GOT to be at least the tiniest bit cynical (not to mention embarassed!) about all the fan adoration. The adoring public, the card-trading fanboys like Colson (who I <3, too, btw!), the grateful waitresses, and even his lost love (who never gave him a second glance before he got all "hawt")... wouldn't he wonder whether they cared about HIM, or just the image of "Captain America?"

I'd really like to see some of that internal struggle... who is he, REALLY? Steve Rogers or Captain America? We know he's both. But HE might not... and that's the kind of stuff that can come unglued when you take a man out of his old life, and set him adrift. I think he could be more damaged than he lets on... after all, he's isolated, and a thinker. You know what I mean?

I hope that if they give him a love interest, she'll be a worthy one... one that could have seen the greatness Steve himself without needing all the superficial trappings of superheroism. I haven't been a fan of any of the female characters in this other than Pepper. I kinda dig Pepper. Tony doesn't deserve her.

Romance could be awfully tough for Cap-- he's got standards and mores of another age. My grandpa's a WWII vet, and he's horrified by young women today-- and he's had all this time to get used to pop culture! LOL

Anyway, I'd like to see him happy... but a real-world person dealing with this kind of stuff would NOT neatly resolve it all in a couple years. They'd probably make some mistakes along the way. I'd like this character to have an interesting journey to get there, and still be true to himself and to those old-fashioned ideals that make him so noble. And IMHO, Joss Whedon and Chris Evans are the perfect director/actor combination to make this happen.

I can't believe I even rambled on about this. I've never joined a fan site or anything before.... but then again, I've never seen a hero that really was a HERO before.

shieldmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #449
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

If Bucky looks this good as The Winter Solider in a Cap sequel I'll be happy.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #450
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldmaiden View Post
Boy, am I late to this party!
As they say....better late than never. Welcome to the Hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldmaiden View Post
I can't believe I even rambled on about this. I've never joined a fan site or anything before.... but then again, I've never seen a hero that really was a HERO before.
I don't consider that rambling....it was a well written post.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote