One more week till season 4!

New season preview.

"OFF TO WORK"

- T (TOBIAS)
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #627
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Default Re: Community - Part 3

Looks like NBC is waiting to see the ratings for this season before dropping the axe on it officially.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #628
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Things will feel right with Community back on. Thursdays have been off.

Rick and Morty
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #629
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Things will feel right with Community back on. Thursdays have been off.
Actually this year is a sad one for me personally...a lot of great shows are ending. 30 Rock, Breaking Bad, The Office, sadly chances are Community is as well.

Ahhh well. Still have Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Parks and Recreations, Boardwalk Empire, and Arrested Development in my future...plenty to look forward to.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 AM   #630
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I just got into the show today after meaning to get around to it for a while. I just finished Episode 9 (Debate 109) and the show's really good so far, can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #631
dark_b
Side-Kick

Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #632
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
THE GREENDALE STUDY GROUP RETURNS FROM SUMMER BREAK FOR THEIR FOURTH YEAR - The Study Group returns from summer break ready to tackle their fourth year of Community College. Jeff (Joel McHale) is particularly focused on graduating and is just a few credits away. When there is a mix-up with a history class registration, Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) institutes an elaborate physical competition for class space. Meanwhile, Britta (Gillian Jacobs) helps Abed (Danny Pudi) deal with the anxiety he is experiencing over the thought of the study group graduating and breaking up. Chevy Chase, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Donald Glover and Ken Jeong also star.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman

Last edited by Lencho01; 02-04-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #633
O'Haire
Awesome

Nothing in those previews made me even crack a smile. Kind of getting a bad feeling about this season.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #634
venom892
Got Lucky

I'm willing to give it a chance.The characters seem to be unaltered.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #635
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I just finished watching every single episode for the first time. Love the show and can't wait until it comes back.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #636
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Haire View Post
Nothing in those previews made me even crack a smile. Kind of getting a bad feeling about this season.
So you got a bad feeling on the entire season based on 2:24 seconds of spliced footage.

Alrighty then...

Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #637
O'Haire
Awesome

Yeah, I went full retard for a moment. Honestly just a bad trailer and I'm sure it will end up being fine.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #638
DrDoom
Dictator

45 more hours!!!!

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #639
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Good God, Chevy...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #640
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Good God, Chevy...
In related news, Zero Mostel gave me permission to deny the Holocaust.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #641
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Good luck finding a gig better than this...

Maybe he can start work on a sequel to "Karate Dog"...

Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #642
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Alan Sepinwall has seen the first few episodes and feels something is missing due to Harmon being gone and the new showrunners trying to to be like him instead of doing their own take...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...on-in-season-4

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #643
dark_b
Side-Kick

its hard for them. if they copy they will not be original and if they change then they will get complaints. i dont care

to bad that Harmon couldnt shut the f... up at that party.

Last edited by dark_b; 02-07-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #644
Maximus One
Oddball

I have a bad feeling about this. Like, for real. I'm really worried. I've spent the last 9 months kinda in denial about this show and now that it's here I just have a feeling it's not gonna be nowhere near the same at all. Sometimes it sucks being a pessimist. Oh well, still have Archer

Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #645
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
its hard for them. if they copy they will not be original and if they change then they will get complaints. i dont care

to bad that Harmon couldnt shut the f... up at that party.
It's a "Damned if you do. Damned if you don't" type of situation for these guys.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...fourth-season/

Quote:
Community Stars McHale and Rash Trade Jabs, Tease Fourth Season

Thursday, February 7th, 2013 at 5:58am
Joel McHale and Jim Rash on the set of "Community"

After nine months, and one especially cruel false alarm, Community finally returns to NBC tonight for its highly anticipated fourth season. Considering everything that has occurred behind the scenes – doubts about renewal, the firing of creator Dan Harmon, the abrupt departure of Chevy Chase – many fans may have doubted they’d see the Greendale Community College study group again.

However, that disbelief is nothing compared to what stars Joel McHale and Jim Rash experienced when they walked on set with veteran actor Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange).

“He’s tremendous,” McHale told a group of journalists on the set of Community. “He plays our history professor, and he sounds like he has a checkered past and he might not be the happiest person in the world.” Rash labeled McDowell’s character as “a little manic-depressive.”

“I couldn’t believe I was shooting with him,” McHale added.

“I don’t think he could,” Rash said. “Malcolm pulled me aside and said, ‘Is this the best Joel can do?’”

“He pulled you aside and said that?” McHale asked skeptically.

“Yeah, he said, ‘Jim, you and I get each other because we’re classically trained actors,’” Rash deadpanned.

“Really, that’s funny because he came to me and said, ‘I just called Jim Moby and he cried like a baby. I’m going to call him Steven Soderbergh now!’” McHale shot back.

McDowell isn’t the only special guest this season, as fans will finally meet Jeff Winger’s deadbeat dad, played by veteran actor James Brolin.

“It was fantastic. James Brolin took pity on us and accepted being on the show,” McHale joked. “I don’t want to give out too many details, but he dies.”

“But he also pulled me aside and said, ‘That’s the best Joel can do?’” Rash said, leaning over to interrupt McHale.

“You never were in the same room with him!” McHale replied. “You weren’t even there!”

“I was there, I was watching you shoot and he said, ‘Can I speak to you, favorite person?’ That’s what he said, ‘Favorite person,’” Rash said.

“I feel like you are being pulled aside by a lot of people that I am working with that are making fun of me,” McHale said as Rash shrugged.

McHale praised Brolin’s on-set demeanor, calling the actor “very generous.”

“It’s rare that you hear stories of, ‘What’s it like to work with that guy? Awful!’ But it really is one of those things where he was great,” he said. “You always hear people gushing about that stuff but I really enjoyed him.”

“That sort of sounds like you mean it. You said ‘Great’ like 10 times,” Rash scoffed.

Past seasons have seen McHale’s character go from sarcastic loner to a reluctant friend and member of the study group while Rash’s Dean went from recurring gag to a main character, as well as one of Jeff’s most aggressive (and oddly dressed) admirers.

“He’s got a lot of outfits, that hasn’t changed,” Rash said. “He’s still pining after Jeff, that hasn’t changed. I think if anything, it feels like starting the next year.”

McHale, however, disagreed. “The Dean has really been diminished in a lot of ways,” he said.

Rash joked, “This feels like the fracture in our friendship has destroyed us onscreen.”

Despite the fake glares, McHale and Rash proclaimed themselves lucky to be working together for the past four years, completely immersed in the lives of their onscreen characters.

“The truth is when you’re blessed and lucky enough to be on a show that can go and allow you to go for years the voices are pretty defined,” Rash said. “I think that with the changes there will obviously be differences but I think at it’s core the map was already there.”

“We all know our characters — he’s still trying to find Jeff, but the rest of us, we get it,” he added, gesturing to McHale.

Rash, who won an Academy Award last year with Alexander Payne and Nat Faxon for their adapted screenplay of The Descendants, also wrote this season’s 10th episode, “Basic Human Anatomy,” a spoof on body-switching a la Freaky Friday.

“It mainly centers on Troy and Abed,” he said. “It is a sort of play on a body-switching world. It’s very Greendale in the sense it’s warped but there’s a lot of heart and it comes to some resolutions on some key things that play out over the season.”

“It definitely made the table read a little more challenging because I obviously wrote myself stuff, but to sit there and hear it out loud and as the writer you’re going, ‘Oof, fix that,’ or ‘Oh, good!’ Or, ‘Ugh, Joel,’” Rash continued with a laugh.

“Well, whenever I walk on set with him, it’s like, ‘Time to save another piece of dialogue,’ McHale retorted.

“I just wrote words on a napkin and said, let’s see what happens! And then the napkin got wet,” Rash confessed, shaking his head.

The most important part of the fourth season for both men, however, was the upcoming Dean outfits.

“We have our little Hunger Deans outfit that starts in the beginning,” Rash said. However, his favorite Community costume remains the one he wore in the Season 2 Halloween episode, “Epidemiology.” “I think, for me, I always really appreciated how much they went to make the Lady Gaga thing happen. It’s years ago now, but the fact that that jacket was made, it’s pretty amazing.”

“What was the hardest outfit to get into?” McHale asked.

“I don’t remember,” Rash replied. “What’s your favorite nice suit they put you in that you can probably keep after all this is said and done?”

“Any of the Dolce & Gabbanas, really,” McHale said, leaning back in his chair.

The two also reminisced over their favorite Jeff and Dean moment from this season.

“I just come into his office at one point and I go, ‘Dean, I need you,’” McHale said.

“And I just go, ‘It’s happening,’” Rash finished as McHale laughed.
Rash told reporters the Dean’s attitude toward Jeff this season could be summed up in one word: aggressive.

“The Dean is very more aggressive this year as far as trying to push the line and see if it will happen, which has been a joy to make [Jeff] uncomfortable,” Rash said.

“There’s a lot of me slapping his hands off me,” McHale added.

Although both have other projects – McHale’s hosting duties on The Soup, stand-up appearances and occasional acting roles, and Rash’s screenwriting and improv – they said Community gives them something they can’t get anywhere else.

“I always dreamt of being on a really well-written comedy, and I really feel like it is, so I enjoy it here,” McHale said. “I’m proud of the show, I really do want it to go the distance — we’ll see if that happens.”

“I think this show has always been for me, outside of the other things we do in our lives, this sort of fun playground,” Rash offered. “It really is one of those things where you trusted this whole group because the writers knew what you were capable of, and you explored and you heightened these characters and you evolved; it was always constantly evolving and challenging both ourselves and the audience. I think that’s a testament to a good show.”
“Hopefully, it will keep going,” McHale said.

Just as the interview seemed destined to end on a somber note, McHale began riffing on where Rash kept his Oscar on set.

“I keep it in the hallway, not too showy,” Rash said with a shrug.

“But there is a soundtrack,” McHale added.

Community returns tonight at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.

"

Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #646
jakinj
Side-Kick

Made a new Community mashup for those of you that are interested.

http://kinjamin.deviantart.com/art/C...tice-352884886

Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #647
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

That's fantastic jakinj.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #648
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

First segment has been great. Love the Willard cameo!
Can't notice a difference.

Rick and Morty
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #649
O'Haire
Awesome

Only laugh I got out of the whole episode was Leonard's line about pissing in jars to keep his seat at the beginning. Other than that, meh.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #650
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I liked the episode.

"

Closed Thread