Side-Kick

Default Re: Community - Part 3

Community to Friday's.....god damn NBC.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #77
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Friday could be good for it. If the number of 3 to 3.5 million viewers hold, that is actually pretty good for a Friday night.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #78
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

I feel like this news would be taken better if the Dean himself announced it. "The good news is that we're not up against Big Bang Theory. The bad news is we're on Friday.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #79
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

The real question is, what costume would he wear to announce that they are moving to Friday?

Old 05-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #80
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

lady bug.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #81
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The real question is, what costume would he wear to announce that they are moving to Friday?
How about some sort of old TGIF reference with him dressed as Uncle Jesse? I can picture him with a Stamos long hair/mullet wig on

My LEGO Gallery
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #82
ironmaidenrules
Side-Kick

I don't get it
Nbc Thursday night shows (not office) are they only comedies I watch...what is so funny on the other networks? How the hell is CBS in the lead? Do they even make comedies? Community belongs in the same block as parks and Rec

Old 05-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #83
Clu
End of Line, Man.

fox tried to get rid of fringe on a friday slot and it ended up getting a short season. But damn, friday night for a nbc comedy, they really want it to die and tell everyone,"hey we tried"

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #84
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

I'm not too concerned about the move. It makes sense for a lot of reasons:

-We all know that Community cannot realistically last beyond this season.
-Expectations are low for any show in that timeslot, so it may increase the likelihood that the show will get to play out its last year.
-It makes sense for NBC to use its powerful Thursday night timeslot to help at least one relatively new comedy show build its audience (I don't really like Up All Night, but I guess that show's not written with me in mind).
-Community is well-known for having a committed core audience, especially among people who don't watch television on traditional media. So moving it to a Friday night makes sense and won't really hurt the show that much; the diehards who watch it will either follow it there or continue to watch it online like they always do. The opportunity to gain new viewers for this show has long since passed.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #85
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

I dont expect it it last next season, but I wouldnt be suprise if they extend it to perhapss 17 episodes.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #86
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

I don't like the pairing with Whitney, the fanbases are different and I don't think will bring in new viewers at this point for Community. We just have to be happy there will be 13 more 20 minute episodes of The Greendale Seven.

We can just watch and enjoy the 13, Community will hopefully last the 13 episodes that go into January. Fans were able to make the spring premiere have great numbers maybe they can make it work on Fridays.

As for Harmon not coming back, it could be him having enough being the showrunner, dealing with Chevy, the network and the deadline of getting shows done in time. He probably needs more time to think and recharge.

Rick and Morty
Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #87
Sith Scotti
Banned User

4 years in a community aschool . They are all stupid . Seriously the show doesn't really have a premise that allows it to go on for 6 or 7 years anyways . 4 is really the maximum number of years you could go with it . Now Idweally it would be nice to get to 100 but , lets be honest Wire got 60 episodes total. Shield got about 90 shows . Cable shows don't get many

Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #88
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Scotti View Post
4 years in a community aschool . They are all stupid . Seriously the show doesn't really have a premise that allows it to go on for 6 or 7 years anyways . 4 is really the maximum number of years you could go with it . Now Idweally it would be nice to get to 100 but , lets be honest Wire got 60 episodes total. Shield got about 90 shows . Cable shows don't get many
Jeff (who gets his lines from the writers) said in the most recent episode that most community college students attend 5 to 7 years.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #89
Sith Scotti
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Jeff (who gets his lines from the writers) said in the most recent episode that most community college students attend 5 to 7 years.
Yes andf thats the writers wishful thinking of trying to push it as long as they can ....

If they did 2 shorten seasons for 4 and 5 to reach 100 shows Id be happy .

Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #90
venom892
Got Lucky

I went to community college for 3 years before transferring. It really depends on how many classes you take per semester. I work at at a community college now and I see the same faces every semester so it's possible. What I don't understand is how Jeff can go back to being a lawyer after graduating. Even if he got a bachelor's from Greendale, you need to go to graduate school to be a lawyer.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #91
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

he might be pushing for that consultant job he was offered in season 2, and just wants the degree from greendale so he has something to put on the wall. in fact, I wonder if he already took the consulting gig, how does he afford housing? same with all of them lol, how are troy abed and annie affording that apartment?

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #92
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

It amazes me that this is even in speculation of being cancelled. It really is one of the few remaining hilarious shows on TV right now. I know it can't last forever but I could definitely see it going up to 5 or 6 seasons. This news it might end on a shortened 4th season is disheartening. Oh well...if it ends the ride was great while it lasted. Looks like I don't have to worry about Parks & Rec getting cancelled anytime soon at least.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #93
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
It amazes me that this is even in speculation of being cancelled. It really is one of the few remaining hilarious shows on TV right now. I know it can't last forever but I could definitely see it going up to 5 or 6 seasons. This news it might end on a shortened 4th season is disheartening. Oh well...if it ends the ride was great while it lasted. Looks like I don't have to worry about Parks & Rec getting cancelled anytime soon at least.
If you look at the ratings then you would see that its a miracle Community even got a second season, let a alone fourth. NBC has been in shambles and is still hurting from the Jay Leno Show debacle when it knocked 5 hours off the schedule and drove even more people away from NBC at 10PM.

Rick and Morty
Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #94
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

TBS could pick up Community, like they picked up Cougartown. This would make Abed's head explode, though.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #95
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
TBS could pick up Community, like they picked up Cougartown. This would make Abed's head explode, though.
I believe I read somewhere that if Community goes into syndication Comedy Central gets it; don't know if they would pick it up though. Seems like a show that is better suited for CC or even TBS than NBC.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #96
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
If you look at the ratings then you would see that its a miracle Community even got a second season, let a alone fourth. NBC has been in shambles and is still hurting from the Jay Leno Show debacle when it knocked 5 hours off the schedule and drove even more people away from NBC at 10PM.
I understand it is all about ratings. I was speaking in terms of actual quality. There are a lot of shows that are still on and getting high ratings which I would personally consider idiotic,mediocre, pandering to dumb America garbage. I am saying it is sad that a high quality, genuinely hilarious show is not lasting as long as I had hoped if it really is getting cancelled.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #97
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Community season finale image

Old 05-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #98
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I will see your image and raise you:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #99
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
I will see your image and raise you:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Lol, anybody remember Legacy Of The Wizard for the 8-bit NES? That's totally like that.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Pink Ranger; 05-17-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #100
Soapy
It's happening again...

Jeff's jump and "beaming" into the area reminded me a lot of Mega Man.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread