The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #351
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

I would be alot more excited about seeing Thor and Loki fight side by side if he wasn't so "plain" in the MCU.

He can't fly, shape shift, create force fields, animate objects, or anything else outside of teleporting and duplicating.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-16-2012 at 12:54 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #352
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

What I want to see from Thor in any future film that he's in is to see some great aerial fight sequences involving him.

What we got of him in terms of his usage of flight in TA was better than what we had in "Thor", but I want to see that elevated; I want to see the next director really take advantage of the fact that when you really look at it, Thor can fly and give a good beating like Superman could.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #353
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I would be alot more excited about seeing Thor and Loki fight side by side if he wasn't so "plain" in the MCU.

He can't fly, shape shift, create force fields, animate objects, or anything else outside of teleporting and duplicating.
I wish all of those powers where inherently his. I hate that his mind control powers came from that staff. Loki didn't really seem like a god. He just feels like a mutant with one power instead of a god with a variety of inherent powers yet to be shown.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #354
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I wish all of those powers where inherently his. I hate that his mind control powers came from that staff. Loki didn't really seem like a god. He just feels like a mutant with one power instead of a god with a variety of inherent powers yet to be shown.
Indeed; aside from being able to create astral projections of himself, there really wasn't anything "magical" about Loki's abilities. No energy blasts from his own body, no ability to levitate, etc.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #355
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Tom talked about Loki becoming more powerful between Thor and TA, but he really didn't seem that much more powerful imo.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #356
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Tom talked about Loki becoming more powerful between Thor and TA, but he really didn't seem that much more powerful imo.
Indeed; I mean their fight on Stark Tower practically echoed their previous fight; the only time that I felt like Loki was a "physical" threat was when he was fighting Captain America, Hawkeye, essentially human beings without powers like Thor, Hulk, or armored suits like Iron Man.lol

Old 05-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #357
Venomfan
Side-Kick

the huge implosion the tesseract caused at the beginning of the movie was about the same size as Thors hammer smash in jotenheim, thats beast

Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #358
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; I mean their fight on Stark Tower practically echoed their previous fight; the only time that I felt like Loki was a "physical" threat was when he was fighting Captain America, Hawkeye, essentially human beings without powers like Thor, Hulk, or armored suits like Iron Man.lol
I still think loki should have been able to wiped the floor physicality with everyone expect Thor and Hulk. Even a fully Armored Ironman.

Don't get me wrong i like what was done in the movie. I'm just being a nitpicking fan.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 AM   #359
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I must say, I cannot wait to see what happens to Loki in Thor 2. I mention this because of Thanos' right hand man's threat to Loki. They'll be able to find him wherever he goes. It's not Odin's punishment that Loki has to worry about.

I forsee a storyline that will have Thor and Loki fighting on the same side for a good majority of a movie if not the entire thing. Whether this will be in Thor 2 or The Avenger's 2 is anybody's guess but I'm on pins and needles waiting to see just what Thanos has in store for Loki and how Thor will feel about it.
That's what I'm looking forward most to Thor 2. I think it's a real dilemma for Loki after all he did. Thor seems to be pissed, maybe his patience ended after Loki tried to kill him again. Odin won't be amused, too. And if Loki seeks protection against Thanos it will depend on Odins and Thors goodwill.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #360
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
I must say, I cannot wait to see what happens to Loki in Thor 2. I mention this because of Thanos' right hand man's threat to Loki. They'll be able to find him wherever he goes. It's not Odin's punishment that Loki has to worry about.

I forsee a storyline that will have Thor and Loki fighting on the same side for a good majority of a movie if not the entire thing. Whether this will be in Thor 2 or The Avenger's 2 is anybody's guess but I'm on pins and needles waiting to see just what Thanos has in store for Loki and how Thor will feel about it.
I think that will happen too. Everyone in Asgard will know what Loki has done and be angry with him but Loki will need Asgards protection after not delivering on his deal with Thanos as well as killing a whole bunch of Frost Giants in the first movie.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #361
Fifthchild
Side-Kick

Quote:
Iron Man 3 I'm not too excited about yet. They're really going to have to wow me after his performance in Avengers (Iron Man, not RDJ). I almost feel like his story is finished. Avengers 3 might as well have been the end of the Iron Man trilogy. Captain America fitting in the modern world and Thor's dealings now that we're past that whole "temporary human" thing has me way more interested. I cannot wait to see more of Asgard and the other 7 realms.
If they are doing the Extremis storyline as i have heard that could be pretty sweet. That was a pretty brutal arc for Stark. Might wipe the smirk off his face for a while.

Fifthchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #362
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
I'm wondering if some of his scenes were cut, that possibly showed him use more of his own powers rather than relying on the staff so much.

Btw, I'm reading Siege right now, and I'm geeking over the fact of Loki AND Osborn in the same book 'working together'. My two favourite villains

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #363
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I still think loki should have been able to wiped the floor physicality with everyone expect Thor and Hulk. Even a fully Armored Ironman.

Don't get me wrong i like what was done in the movie. I'm just being a nitpicking fan.
I think RDJ's imput had alot to do with Thor and Loki not wiping the floor with IM, especially since he pretty much has Marvel at his beck and call.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #364
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Just cause we haven't seen Loki do that yet, doesn't mean he cant? Hopefully they do show more with that

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #365
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Just cause we haven't seen Loki do that yet, doesn't mean he cant? Hopefully they do show more with that
Nah I'm pretty sure if he could do that he would've, remember he just went up against Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk in one film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #366
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

I think the only thing that bugged me was how much he relied on the staff, and then when he didnt have it well....he didn't do anything. I was hoping to see more magic of his own, that he was a viable threat without the powered staff.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #367
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
I think the only thing that bugged me was how much he relied on the staff, and then when he didnt have it well....he didn't do anything. I was hoping to see more magic of his own, that he was a viable threat without the powered staff.
That's what I'm saying, Thor got to kick some ass without Mjolnir so I was hoping for Loki to do the same.

Even during Loki's fight with Thor, once they dropped their weapons Loki basically turned into a punching bag.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #368
The Guard
Side-Kick

Why did Loki just leave his staff laying there at Stark Tower? You'd think he'd realize the importance of getting that back.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #369
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Why did Loki just leave his staff laying there at Stark Tower? You'd think he'd realize the importance of getting that back.
Hulk tackled him after hit the ground, plus he was still getting up in the scene where he was looking up at the entire team.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #370
Savage
Earth Rocker

Yeah, Hulk managed to give Thor a bloody nose. Loki was probably recovering from quiiite a few injuries.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #371
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah, Hulk managed to give Thor a bloody nose. Loki was probably recovering from quiiite a few injuries.
Which isn't really that hard to do in a fight, it has more to do with where you're hit than how hard you're hit.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #372
Juicy J
Side-Kick

I posted this question over on the Thor 2 thread, but I feel like asking it here would also be appropriate -
A recent casting call has just been released for Thor 2 that calls for people with fair hair and a muscular build, with easy access to London. I have all three of these; how exactly could I apply to be an extra in Thor? I live in America so I don't know where to apply or anything like that. I went to one casting website and sent them an email but haven't heard back.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #373
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

UM good question J. I really don't know WHERE you might try. I remember calls back before Thor started in California but you had to go to New Mexico after.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #374
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

I noticed IM refers to Thor as a demi-God, isn't he a full God? Along with many people saying Thor/Loki aren't Gods at all..I am confused lol.

Unless his mum is a normal Asgardian.

jonnywhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #375
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywhc View Post
I noticed IM refers to Thor as a demi-God, isn't he a full God? Along with many people saying Thor/Loki aren't Gods at all..I am confused lol.

Unless his mum is a normal Asgardian.
They're not 'gods' in the sense that they are deities to be worshipped; they are 'aliens', cosmic beings who came to the earth and were worshipped as gods due to their numerous god-like abilities.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote