The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Art

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 01:53 AM   #26
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Old "Iron Man Santa" i made

Originally based upon a marvel flyer I scanned some years ago I digitally remade this image to the image you see here - Someone has scanned a similar image you can see in link below

A real backdrop was originally done for around a Christmas time a couple years back


This image I still have the source version I made of it and 2 earlier versions here -> http://graffikarts.zoomshare.com/0.shtml/MyFanArt (middle one is Image I use to make these


Scan someone else did of a similar ad of this -> http://joshwitsaman.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/img619.jpg

In this case of course I based it upon the image it was recreated based upon the solid color guide however NOT the line-art as is almost all my early images
it is not necessary to credit original artists when there is full alteration involved

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 AM   #27
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,513
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafffik View Post
Thank you for your concern - this person has in past gotten to the point of violating this sites rules involving questions - I sent you a PM with more details, however I did not discuss all the details.
If it was just involving art, I'd have no problems - It's not
I choose not to answer him -
juggertha can ask these questions. he hasn't violated any rules involving questions, nor has he "trolled" you.
it's up to you if you'd like to answer them, there's also an ignore feature you can use to ignore members you do not wish to communicate with.

as for crediting sources, it's generally heavily frowned upon to not credit sources/references when an artist bases their work on someone's preexisting work, be it lineart, backdrops, stock resources, etc.
it's not mandatory or a rule, but it is highly encouraged that everyone does so.

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #28
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
juggertha can ask these questions. he hasn't violated any rules involving questions, nor has he "trolled" you.
it's up to you if you'd like to answer them, there's also an ignore feature you can use to ignore members you do not wish to communicate with.

as for crediting sources, it's generally heavily frowned upon to not credit sources/references when an artist bases their work on someone's preexisting work, be it lineart, backdrops, stock resources, etc.
it's not mandatory or a rule, but it is highly encouraged that everyone does so.

K he's now on permanent IGNORE

It took awhile to even find that command did not know it was there. As I pointed out anyone asking that I feel the request is genuine I'd be glad to discuss it - However in case of this scenario it boils down to more a shouting match and trhing to stop a person constantly attacking you on the subject - AND THEN pretty much demanding it's 100% the original persons art

Questions, and request are fine - Constant nagging, and then jumping THREAD TO THREAD on it is another

Oh and in the past I added info on some of the basic "sources" however the entire THREADS here get deleted every so many months and can no longer find them (or go to some old database or something)

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #29
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,513
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafffik View Post
Oh and in the past I added info on some of the basic "sources" however the entire THREADS here get deleted every so many months and can no longer find them (or go to some old database or something)
no they don't.

do you mean posts? posts can be deleted yes, threads, seldom

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
no they don't.

do you mean posts? posts can be deleted yes, threads, seldom
Ok my bad - originally all I saw was 2 months of messages everything else dissapeared I had to look through the options to get more - that's my error

I did find the IGNORE fore example however it takes hitting many options til you find it

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Marvel zombies coming -when not sure will post some samples here as I can

Also going to show how I do some of the OLDER art and some of my techniques

Like said above a remake of the images found here -> http://graffikarts.zoomshare.com/0.shtml/NewWorks

Based upon a line-art image of marvel zombies #4 I believe it is similar to this -> http://www.nocreoqueseasreal.pe/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/blz02-03.jpg

All work is mine on first image but it is based on a similar image in this old case the template is used for main characters

In this case I am redoing the character structure to modernize the images to my more modern techniqes here is a sample on how I first cut the images into sample areas

STEP 1) http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=MarvelZombies-sample.jpg


Reason for separate colors (and solid) is to allow quick selection of areas

Next I am going to show how I create some of the skin areas on Wolverine

STEP 2) http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=sample-11111.jpg

Basically selecting all skin areas except nose (done separately for more detail or if I decide to make it a socket or something

While not going into detail applying various forms of shadowing - green skin (for being undead) some dried blood and more

by the wy this was done while posting this message

Other steps later involve (not shown) sometimes applying real materials like metal, applyin additional shadowing repeating these steps on different sections then blurring during finals

when finished (not going to finish this today) should look like a Zombie wolverine in 2d-3d based upon my art

As mentioned before there is no line art in these images anymore they are reconstructed

Modern images like thor, iron man, hawkeye did not use templates likke this
This is based upon a template - it is NOT that template

http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=sample-2222222.jpg more of this image - that's all of that it's just a sample it will be completely redone it is to get ideas on how people like the theme / design etc before I attempt some other features and things on it


Last edited by grafffik; 06-18-2012 at 05:51 PM.
grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #32
Juggertha
Side-Kick
 
Juggertha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ROK
Posts: 869
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafffik View Post
Thank you for your concern - this person has in past gotten to the point of violating this sites rules involving questions - I sent you a PM with more details, however I did not discuss all the details.
If it was just involving art, I'd have no problems - It's not
I choose not to answer him -
Now, now. You know that's not true. You're accusing me of violating the forum rules... and I've got no warnings/bannings at all. So unless you're privy to something I'm not, please don't accuse me of getting in trouble - when I did not. The posts in question were deleted because they veered off-topic in regards to the thread, NOT because they were trolling.

I asked you about colouring over other people's lines then, because I knew the artist, and I knew he did not give you permission to enter it into an art contest.

I ask about the other things in this thread, because I'd like to know where they come from. No mystery - I like the form of that Spidey and want to know who drew it.

On your website you claim to have worked on nearly every major title.

Quote:
Comic Books I have helped to color flatten (partial list I cannot remember them all)

Army of Darkness + Marvel Zombies 1 to 5, Civil War Frontline 1 to 10 (sections dealing with SPEEDBALL), FILTH (early issues I hated these), ,Last Of the Mohicans (2007),Man In the Iron Mask (2007),Marvel Annhilation Prologue, Marvel Zombies 3,4,5, Marvel Zombies Dead Days, Silver Surfer Annihilation 1 to 4, several earlier Spiderman, X-Men related comics
So i figure with all of that experience in professional cirlces, it'd be no problem to credit/source the lines you're colouring.

Really, it's not a big deal. It's an easy answer.

As for me "trolling you", look at my language here. I'm civil, and simply asking a question. It might not be something you like, but you can't say that it's trolling.

__________________
My Art Commission Price List
Juggertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #33
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Templates for recent art

Hawkeye a recent image was created using this template -> http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=Hawkeye-template.jpg (though originally in tif format)
and some slight modifications to it basically doing a similar theme to the movie scene in above left
Only real montage I used was his chest area where i sed black leather and colored it to color you see rest is all digital art

Iron man (both versions the team shot and the single shot) Is based upoin this template -> http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=IronMan-template.jpg
again changes occured before the final like extending the leg to the left and again tif format originally
Iron man used two pictures of actual metal imagry colored in the colors of the final, selectively shadowed and arranged to the final images you see in the iron man picture earlier

The iron man is based on the design of the statue to the right

THOR is based upon this template -> http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=Thor-template.jpg

Again early sample I don't have later that was not applied over
using a similar costume to the statue, and similar helmet metal like the
bucket on the left was sed in the metal parts, a red curtain for his cape, black leather images for various parts real metal images for the helmet though based on the template
all digital art for pants and legs etc with shadowing added along the way

Thors arms were covered in a Metal chain imagry (I forget the source of this)

Hammer was done last as was cape - hammer is images of real pitted metal
Pretty much anything else digital art - face hair added later

Captain america is based upon this template -> http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=cap-template.jpg
As with above earliest template I have
And based on a similar design as seen in pic of artist upper left, and similar costume to the Captain America movie (most recent)
The Shield was made from an image of a metal sheet found earlier in this thread.
I used real military belt imagry for the red chest belts - black leather with threading imagry for many of the straps above those belt - The Ble upper costume is actally chain links (circular) liberally shadowed and colored blue
The Belt area all digital art

The glove and boots were real gloves and boots digitally distorted, and colored the colors you see plus a real belt image applied to the glove

Pretty much everything else is digital art

I know boring info - just if people would like to know how this stuff is made I do not always use montage it is a bit of a mixture

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Iron Man picture

http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=IronMan-template2.jpg

is a quick redoing of Iron mans faceplate showing how it was done, and several earlier choices I did (this went through a lot of changes)

In the main image shows a New faceplate

where 1 is is the original image used it was altered to a green-yellow combo, and placed in the various areas of the template

Shadowing applied . taking "best guess" on where to place each section based on the sdhadowing of original collage Sometimes I do not add any shadowing at all - I feel it's perfect as is, otherwise apply a little shaddowing - hightones

"2 earlier choices" images are 2 I tried first they seemed all wrong, and 2 different metal pieces

the one marked "1 used" is one that got into the final draft it is based upon the item marked "2" which was originally a metal colored pot

The same pot image was used in the arms, and legs of the final iron man - a different metal was used in the red areas

also the esign was altered as I went

IMPORTANT NOTE - while another persons image is often used Alteration does in fact take place - These are no longer the original items I have only been supplying some original images as education sources

Further note - even if there is similarities of old images Enough alteration takes place to call artwork all of my own - I will often give credit, where credit is due - however claiming said art is 100 % the work of another is wrong, and unacceptable

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,190
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Hi....my name is C. Lee.....I hate reading posts arguing over petty things.....so it stops after I say to stop it........so, stop it.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #36
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Marvel Zombies - remake samples

While this may change I am currently working on a Marvel zombies based on an old image I made
Two samples of the helmet so far to see how people like it

Sample 1 - Simple -> http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/face-0001.jpg

sample 2 - Advanced -> http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/face-0002.jpg

In both cases using real metal imagry though the first one is simpler
a real face found on net several years ago slightly altered

This image is based on a comic page of Marvel Zombies #4 and will be galactus attacking about 6 heroes -

of course solid areas are where art will be placed

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #37
SteveG
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austin, Texas!!
Posts: 15
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Nice stuff grafffik! Look forward to seein' more.

________________

http://stevegarcia.zenfolio.com/

SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #38
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default New Work in progress



Based upon a coloring page at ->http://spidermancoloring.blogspot.com/2011/03/spiderman-colouring-book-pages-to-print.html

This should be a 2d style representation of it when I'm done (not sure when) Some alterations are taking place but it is the same basic concept design as the coloring image - sing a real backdrop - this is more for practice right now

It also could be used for other spiderman costumes - meant as a shoot a bad-guy at the street with webbing image I'll add updates as available

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #39
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default New Work in progress - Spidermn


concept color cheme - may change this showing how I apply layers as i go based on the first template you see - webbing is applied last, not during rougness is removed last - these images are posed lower than actual 200 dpi quality

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #40
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Spiderman hoice with webbing in costme

removed


Last edited by grafffik; 10-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.
grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #41
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Spiderman New Image

Based upon image located here ->
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Kh0CZuWd0T8/TIm405Y2nMI/AAAAAAAAIVc/24YFKrGIXIM/s1600/spider%20man%20coloring%20book%20page.jpg

artist unknown reconstrcted to image you see using real metal fence imagry into the costume

larger image available here ->
http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=Spiderman-3-final.jpg


grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #42
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default October contest image Galactus vs. Marvel Zombies

Coming soon Galactus vs. Marvel Zombies

sample so far ->
Will contain Spiderman, Luke Cage, Wolverine, Hulk, Giant Man, and Iron man as zombies (not yet shown)

- And the Buget Gourmet himself Galactus (demo shown)

Based upon an older image some of the art I made in past will remain

Similar to this image ->http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/e/ea/Marvel_Zombies_Vol_1_4_page_3_Galactus.jpg

originally based upon actual line-art from Marvel zombies #4 which I worked on Image will appear similar to above image shown it is a reconstruction of sorts





When I update this link will be here -> http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view&current=galactus-demo.jpg
there is a update there now but the image won't refresh here


Last edited by grafffik; 10-10-2012 at 09:11 PM.
grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #43
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Contest image in progress



Some samples of the image Based upon the image of a page in Marvel zombies #3 of which I worked on a reconstruction of the color layer I did of that. I - no line art is used - however it is based upon the original line-art of marvel zombies #3 - which is slightly different than thne published version

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #44
MODOK
Side-Kick
 
MODOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wildcat Country
Posts: 350
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

I like your colors! FYI I tried to follow the link to your site that Juggertha posted and my antivirus warned me that MAL/html Gen-a has been found on your site.

__________________
I has a signachur
MODOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #45
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODOK View Post
I like your colors! FYI I tried to follow the link to your site that Juggertha posted and my antivirus warned me that MAL/html Gen-a has been found on your site.
I have him on ignore- however you should always stick to major sites - or be wary of sites That look suspicious or harmful - Being as any links he provided was not authorized by me - I can take no responsibility for his posts

And of course do as you did have virus protection - always -however recent image is now in the october contest gallery image is also posted here
-> http://www.freeimagehosting.net/jrg8w

grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #46
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default New Art based on old one THOR

While it's only a demo so far - it's being redone trying to make more accuracy to a movie costume (or my vision of it) Ignore solid block areas - this is where art is applied and is my template areas - Note this is part Photo
One of the metal choices I did on his helmet - though probably going to change it



note these are rough drafts will post completed one here when done - comments / suggestions welcome within reason (had irate poster before)

Older version of thor located here -> http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...omArt/THOR.jpg
if wishing full image size go here -> http://s516.photobucket.com/user/grafffik/media/RandomArt/THOR.jpg.html?sort=4&o=56 click the DOWNLOAD - sorry they don't show full res on site good for a background image


Last edited by grafffik; 09-22-2013 at 06:43 AM.
grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #47
grafffik
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 213
Default Re: Misc Art I made and Works in progress

Newer version though I like some of the older parts better

Redesigned to be more accurate to the movie costume

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...a.jpg~original hopefully will show full size


grafffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.