The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #351
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II

Never mind.

Last edited by TheGuy; 08-27-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #352
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
I simply cannot believe this casting is for Sharon Carter. None of these actresses comes even close to the physical build or features of the Sharon we know. They do, however, look very much like how the Red Skull's daughter, Sin, looks, based on the comics.

We tend to read way too much into these rumors, anyway. The rumors supposedly said the casting was for the female lead. It may be casting for A female lead, but not Sharon. Anyway, until we have some official confirmation, I am sticking to my belief that Hayley will ultimately return in some capacity, probably as Sharon.
If Sharon is in the film, she is "THE" female lead, no question. So that would leave Hayley Atwell out of the running.

And if the casting was for someone like Sin, or Diamondback, or Viper, they obviously would've said "casting for the female villain," *not* the "lead."

95% chance that this casting is for Sharon, the only obvious female lead. Slight chance that it's for someone mundane and unknown and unappealing, like Bernie Rosenthal. And then a slighter chance that it's somebody completely out of left field.

....Like....Wasp.

yeebus. I shudder to think about it, but since Wright has remained completely silent about Janet Van Dyne at all in his Ant-Man discussions, and since Whedon admits Janet *was* part of his original Avengers script, but he ditched her, there remains the slight possibility that Wasp's backstory and frontstory may be going in an entirely different direction than what we're familiar with.

And if that's the case, any one of these three would definitely qualify as "Waspish."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #353
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Edit: that was when I was viewing the Betty White comment

Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #354
kity779
New User - Level 0

in my opinion the only one who could play Sharon is Hayley Atwell but of course with a different hair color and another accent. Yeah i would go for that

Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #355
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I saw this. It was really just putting Rose in SHIELD but it did remind me that Billy Piper is a very good actress, and I'm sure she's more than capable on putting on an American accent.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #356
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I saw this. It was really just putting Rose in SHIELD but it did remind me that Billy Piper is a very good actress, and I'm sure she's more than capable on putting on an American accent.
Or not.

I think she'd be cool.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #357
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
In the Avengers when Cobie Smulder's character Maria Hill first claps eye's on Cap' you can see her instantly fall in love with him, watch it again if you don't believe me.

I'm telling you now Maria Hill Captain America
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
It looked more like she was sizing him up and looking annoyed to me.
Quote:
No she was in awe of his humble nature and commitment to the cause at all costs. What women wouldn't want a soldier that has been frozen since a time when men had more respect towards others and was slightly disturbed by the new world created.

If I was a betting man these two will get it on in either Cap2 or Avengers 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That would be very strange to anyone who's read Civil War. Maria Hill is the sworn enemy of Cap there, and is a dedicated Tony Stark loyalist.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #358
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:

I'm telling you now Maria Hill Captain America
No chance

Old 08-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #359
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

The deleted alternate ending shows Maria saying that she had thought the Avengers were a joke.

So that could be a 'this-*******-is-who-Fury-wants-to-lead-the-other-*******s-who-are-gonna-save-us-all?' look rather than an 'UNF' look.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #360
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If Sharon is in the film, she is "THE" female lead, no question. So that would leave Hayley Atwell out of the running.

And if the casting was for someone like Sin, or Diamondback, or Viper, they obviously would've said "casting for the female villain," *not* the "lead."

95% chance that this casting is for Sharon, the only obvious female lead. Slight chance that it's for someone mundane and unknown and unappealing, like Bernie Rosenthal. And then a slighter chance that it's somebody completely out of left field.

....Like....Wasp.

yeebus. I shudder to think about it, but since Wright has remained completely silent about Janet Van Dyne at all in his Ant-Man discussions, and since Whedon admits Janet *was* part of his original Avengers script, but he ditched her, there remains the slight possibility that Wasp's backstory and frontstory may be going in an entirely different direction than what we're familiar with.

And if that's the case, any one of these three would definitely qualify as "Waspish."
It wouldn't be the first female lead in which she is revealed to have been working for the bad guys. And really, all the actresses being wrong for Sharon is a pretty good indication of what's up. And honestly, Cap going for a bad girl is kinda fly, as opposed to adding yet another super spy chick to the MCU.

But I agree that fancasting is the worst. A lot of fixation on physical details, as if they want these actors to become the superheroes in real life, and very little focus on ability to make the characters awesome on film. I do think it's worse with female characters too, because there's so little focus on personality and non-sexual value even in the comics.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #361
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Though it's possible they're going with another character, I'm almost 100% positive that female lead in question WILL be Sharon.

And I still think that if given the chance(assuming she gets the part), Kendrick could very easily give us the Sharon we all know and love.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #362
marcvader
Lurker #1

I like her sometimes I get the "Wearing mommies make up to look older" vibe from her.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #363
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

It isn't that none of them could conceivably pull off sharon. It's that all of them are pretty different from Sharon, that its very easy to believe she won't be, or won't be the one we know.

If she is cast, I'll cross my fingers that she nails it.

But until she is cast, I'm hoping someone else enters the running, or if it comes to it, that they go with Felicity Jones.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #364
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Quote:
It isn't that none of them could conceivably pull off sharon. It's that all of them are pretty different from Sharon, that its very easy to believe she won't be, or won't be the one we know.

If she is cast, I'll cross my fingers that she nails it.

But until she is cast, I'm hoping someone else enters the running, or if it comes to it, that they go with Felicity Jones.
If it is Sharon, all three of these actresses would have to step outside of their comfort zone(much like Hathaway in TDKR). That's alright though, it's exciting to see any actor or actress take on a role that's nothing like anything they've ever done before and will challenge the hell out of them. It's also how some of the best performances in film history have come about.

Though Kendrick is my favorite for the role and I think that of the three, she could easily do the most with the part, I'd have absolutely no problem with Felicity Jones getting the part. She's a fantastic actress and actually bears the most physical resemblance to Hayley Atwell.

I just hope Marvel doesn't drag this out too long. Whoever gets the part is going to need a few months to get into the right shape for the role.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #365
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

It doesn't take a few months to get in shape, unless you're only working out like an hour a day. Regardless, they'll need just as much time as Colbie Smulders and Hayley Atwell needed to get in shape, which I believe was: none.

Hathaway didn't step outside her comfort zone. She's a really good actress. Being a vixen is not a challenge for her, she's done it before several times. Now, perhaps you weren't comfortable seeing The Princess Diaries girl like that, but she was just fine. That's different from these girls who are not in the top X number of young actresses, who actually would have trouble being Sharon. I really do take it as an indication that it wasn't Sharon.

(And secretly as validation that the related-to-Peggy issue is actually perceived as weird in a modern film context)

Quote:
This is probably a better way to say it. It doesn't help that the MCU SHIELD already has two kick butt super spy chicks. (Edit: And no other notable females)

Last edited by DrCosmic; 08-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #366
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

While it'll most likely never happen in the MCU (despite it actually having had happened in the comics at one point.lol)...they do make a good looking pair.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #367
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
While it'll most likely never happen in the MCU (despite it actually having had happened in the comics at one point.lol)...they do make a good looking pair.
Don't they just?

Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #368
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

After seeing the deleted scene, I'm really happy the waitress isn't the love interest.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #369
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Never say never, particularly if Natasha and Clint are going to be in CA:TWS.

I can't figure out why so many people are saying that none of the actresses up for a role can play Sharon. In the comics the character has always been depicted as a woman of average height and build who had the usual over-the-top spy capabilities. There is nothing about her looks that can't be duplicated with a trip to a salon and a SHIELD jumpsuit. As for the fighting prowess, that's where trainers, fight choreographers and stunt doubles come in. Any one of those actresses could play the role with no problem.

I do think that it's possible that the role in question will be someone other than Sharon, however. There's an outside chance that it might be Bernie Rosenthal, for instance. Not only was Bernie Steve's longtime girlfriend and one time fiancee, she also served as Bucky's lawyer after the Winter Soldier fiasco. I've always felt that Bernie was Steve's best partner; she's a down-to-earth woman who shared Steve's interest in art and dealt well with the fact that he's a superhero. Bernie could be the ideal female lead for Captain America, depending upon where the writers are taking the story.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #370
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Never say never, particularly if Natasha and Clint are going to be in CA:TWS.

Indeed; though personally, I kind of hope that Natasha and Clint aren't in the Winter Soldier, because Steve already has Falcon and potentially Sharon Carter as his back up. If you add two more people, let alone two Avengers to the mix, the film could really come off as a quasi Avengers Film as opposed to a Solo CA film.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #371
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed; though personally, I kind of hope that Natasha and Clint aren't in the Winter Soldier, because Steve already has Falcon and potentially Sharon Carter as his back up. If you add two more people, let alone two Avengers to the mix, the film could really come off as a quasi Avengers Film as opposed to a Solo CA film.
This.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #372
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I'm okay with Clint and Tasha attaching to the Cap mythos (assuming Scarjo and Renner are okay with it, which I'm betting no), and I'm okay with Cap's solo series being quasi-Avengers, since he's the leader and all...

...but. So far, the MCU has tried to remain fairly canonical to everyone's mythology, and Widow and Hawkeye are not part of that, except through Avengers. It'd make more sense for the Cap sequel to establish his canonical supporting cast, including any combination of Falcon, Sharon, Bucky, Fury, John Walker, Isaiah Bradley, Battlestar, and Diamondback.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #373
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd say Widow is a key part of the Winter Soldier story line.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #374
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I'd say Widow is a key part of the Winter Soldier story line.
True.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #375
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I wouldn't say Key. She doesn't actually show up in Captain America until after Steve is dead.

Closed Thread