The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #826
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II

Definitely not someone who's been mentioned before (or was but a long time ago) but not an overall bad pick. Main thing to watch is how she works out the movie and Revenge schedules.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #827
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Based purely on the photo posted with the SHH story, I think she looks a lot like Hayley Atwell.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 02-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #828
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Woah. I literally had goosebumps reading this. Emily in Cap 2? I always thought she should be in a comic movie. She's great in Revenge and does seem like she is a tough fighter but still very feminine. With her added to the cast, especially coming from a popular show like Revenge, that will bring an added draw to the movie.

But where on earth did she come out from? She didn't even seem to be in the mix at all. It's like they cast her based on her work on Revenge, a bit like how Evans was cast for his previous work before. Don't know if that is the case, but it almost seems that way.

I'm assuming she is Sharon Carter. She'll definitely shine next to Scarlett and Cobie. Well, she's a better actress than Cobie anyway.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #829
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Probably getting ahead of myself, but being that her series is on ABC and produced by ABC studios, I wonder if her ever making a guest appearance or two on SHIELD would be out of the question...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #830
J.Howlett

It is absolutely criminal that Marvel Studios was able to snag Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Hayley Atwell, and now Emily Van Camp as part of their cinematic universe.

I may still have my issues with how Marvel Studios does their films, but bravo with that list. Bravo!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #831
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
getting it out the way, van camp is hot as a mofo.

Regarding her ability, she can do this. Watch revenge on abc, like a full episode. That's all you need to do.
+1,000,000.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #832
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I'm already thinking about how they're going to characterize Sharon. And yeah, she's going to be kicking a lot of butt. Very tough. Similar to her Revenge character. Which would be great with me, would be a good contrast between her and Cap's personality.

(I'm getting over my shock, but really glad this casting seems to have near-universal appeal).

Old 02-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #833
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Probably getting ahead of myself, but being that her series is on ABC and produced by ABC studios, I wonder if her ever making a guest appearance or two on SHIELD would be out of the question...
I hope so. It would be great to see Sharon Carter, although I think she'll run circles around her boss, Maria Hill in terms of acting (provided that Cobie does show up on SHIELD as well).

And she had better be Sharon and not some random love interest. I don't want her to get killed off in Cap 2, only for Scarlett to be the main female (since she's a bigger star).

BTW, Revenge has quite a few people who could be in a comic movie - eg Victoria, Daniel or Charlotte Grayson. And let's not forget that Gabriel Mann (Nolan Ross) did the voice of Bruce Banner in A:EMH.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 02-01-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #834
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Meh , I really wanted Alison Brie for the role, but I'm sure this actress will do fine, though I've never seen anything she's been in.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #835
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Revenge is a great serial. And Emily it's a talentuos actress. Good choice.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #836
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Interesting choice! She's really cute too!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #837
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Meh , I really wanted Alison Brie for the role, but I'm sure this actress will do fine, though I've never seen anything she's been in.
I saw about a 50/50 on here for Brie, with the detractors saying we just wanted her because of her boobs.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #838
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think this definitely may have been a factor in why they cast her. Putting aside the fact she looks picture perfect for the role and already doesn't a lot of physical stuff for Revenge, it would be supe easy for them to use her in SHIELD every now and then with her already being an in-house actress. And, since this will basically be her break out role, she won't mind signing a 6-9 picture deal. Brilliant move by Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It is absolutely criminal that Marvel Studios was able to snag Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Hayley Atwell, and now Emily Van Camp as part of their cinematic universe.

I may still have my issues with how Marvel Studios does their films, but bravo with that list. Bravo!
Yes, it's amazing how well Marvel casts for these films.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #839
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Good casting by the looks of it I too hope we see her in SHIELD.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #840
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Who is she? never heard of her. A little dissappointed that they went with a no name female lead.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #841
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Who is she? never heard of her. A little dissappointed that they went with a no name female lead.
Well, if by no name you mean a fresh face as far as the big screen is concerned. But she's a known face on a popular TV show and will already have tons of fans. She'll add that element to the movie most definitely.

And I'm glad they went with someone from a TV show and not just a big name for the sake of it. Emily is like the type of talented actress from a show that people might fan cast but in all likelihood would probably not be considered because she isn't a big enough name. It's refreshing to see that Marvel would consider someone from the small screen.

I just hope that there are some action figures of her brought out at the time of the movie. It would be great if someone could actually then customise her into Emily Thorne.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #842
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I thought we were all about the no-names on here, because they help with the illusion. You're seeing Sharon Carter, not so and so playing Sharon Carter.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #843
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well, if by no name you mean a fresh face as far as the big screen is concerned. But she's a known face on a popular TV show and will already have tons of fans. She'll add that element to the movie most definitely.

And I'm glad they went with someone from a TV show and not just a big name for the sake of it. Emily is like the type of talented actress from a show that people might fan cast but in all likelihood would probably not be considered because she isn't a big enough name. It's refreshing to see that Marvel would consider someone from the small screen.

I just hope that there are some action figures of her brought out at the time of the movie. It would be great if someone could actually then customise her into Emily Thorne.
what tv show is she in?

ZWERG/ELF

Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #844
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quote:
I saw about a 50/50 on here for Brie, with the detractors saying we just wanted her because of her boobs.
I love her on community, that's why I want to see her in a marvel movie...her breasts were certainly a contributing factor however.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #845
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I thought we were all about the no-names on here, because they help with the illusion. You're seeing Sharon Carter, not so and so playing Sharon Carter.
Although truth be told, a lot of people will be seeing Emily Thorne/ Amanda Clark playing Sharon Carter (but perfectly fine with that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
what tv show is she in?
Revenge, on ABC.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #846
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
But where on earth did she come out from? She didn't even seem to be in the mix at all.
The fact that the casting process took this long suggests they weren't really sold on anybody. I expect she was a late "think outside the box" option.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #847
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
The fact that the casting process took this long suggests they weren't really sold on anybody. I expect she was a late "think outside the box" option.
A bit like Chris Evans it seems. And yet, like him, there she was staring them in the face (on an ABC show even).

Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #848
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Revenge, on ABC.
never heard of it. what kind of role does she play in that series and what is it about?

ZWERG/ELF

Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #849
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Eh, not excited nor disappointed by the news. She's decent in Revenge but she may be held back by the horrible writing on the show.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #850
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Eh, not excited nor disappointed by the news. She's decent in Revenge but she may be held back by the horrible writing on the show.
Whoa, now...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Closed Thread