The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #251
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Looks like Winter Soldier is coming. Wonder if Red Skull will be worked in, kind of like they did in AvengersL Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #252
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Whoa....was not Expecting him to show up so fast.....really thought he was gona be a cliff hanger endind of post credit reveal of WS

Old 07-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #253
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I am not shocked he is in the movie. It is one of Cap's most popular stories (though I felt the story itself had SERIOUS pacing issues...but idea is very sound). But, I am hoping they at least tease the return of the Red Skull.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #254
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Them being related is pretty much a relic, the kind of thing no one would get away with introducing today, and it only persists because it was introduced by Steve Englehart in 1973.
No, that's not true. Sharon's introduction in 1965 makes clear that she's related to a woman Cap was in love with in WWII, followed by introducing the character of Peggy in a flashback story.

There's no real reason to use Peggy at all in the first movie if they weren't going to bring Sharon in; Peggy only exists as a prologue to Sharon, and is otherwise not a prominent character. The British army major version of her could just as easily have been a version of Spitfire, otherwise.

Regarding the announced title, it's a good choice for a followup (the fact that Steve was in The Avengers helps pave the way for getting right to WS, since we've seen Cap do a bit of other stuff in the present day already).

Old 07-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #255
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

I'm a little surprised they're going to do the Winter Soldier so soon, simply because I thought they might want to save him for the third movie. But at the same time I'm not surprised because it's a classic Cap story.

I'm really glad they just went with a subtitle, though. I hate bland, boring numerical titles.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #256
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

I wasn't expecting Bucky's return& as Winter Solider until the third or forth film,Very interested in it playing out though!!

Last edited by LuisTX85; 07-14-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #257
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
No, that's not true. Sharon's introduction in 1965 makes clear that she's related to a woman Cap was in love with in WWII, followed by introducing the character of Peggy in a flashback story.

There's no real reason to use Peggy at all in the first movie if they weren't going to bring Sharon in; Peggy only exists as a prologue to Sharon, and is otherwise not a prominent character. The British army major version of her could just as easily have been a version of Spitfire, otherwise.
Huh. I checked, and I may have missed it before, but you're right!

I don't think Cap knew the two were related, though. Did he?

We agree otherwise, though. I actually think the movie version of Peggy (she's supposed to be a Major??) is a lot more akin to Cynthia Glass from the Sentinel of Liberty mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
Regarding the announced title, it's a good choice for a followup (the fact that Steve was in The Avengers helps pave the way for getting right to WS, since we've seen Cap do a bit of other stuff in the present day already).
Not nearly enough, though. Honestly, Steve was shortshifted in the Avengers. His man-out-of-timeness was a source of jokes.

I'd hoped they'd introduce Sharon and Sam and show him bonding and getting close to both. But that stuff is the lighthearted fare that wouldn't mesh well with the brooding tone there'll be in a movie about Steve's best friend coming back as a cyborg mass murderer.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #258
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'm surprised that people here are surprised. Bucky's "death" was so quick in the last film that I knew it was going to lead into the sequel immediately. Also what better way to further hate the present than seeing a military branch controlling someone? Also it kind of connects into AVENGERS with Black Widow was talking about (I'm SERIOUSLY hoping Widow will be in this - loved the whole notion that she and Bucky worked together.) I also hope Nick Fury knew and this is something he never told Steve about until it comes to light. Just a lot of major 'man out of time' potential drama here.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #259
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Indeed!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #260
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Does this mean Sebastian Stan is returning or will he be recast? Does he have the chops to play the title role?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #261
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
Does this mean Sebastian Stan is returning or will he be recast? Does he have the chops to play the title role?
I think they cast him as Bucky since they were going to go down the WS route following CA:TFA. Marvel wouldn't have signed him to a multi-film deal if he couldn't do it.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #262
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm so happy that The Winter Solider is going to be in the sequel to "First Avenger" . I so called this BTW even though Bucky didn't get a full development in the first movie, their were many hints that lead towards him becoming Winter Solider.

Obviously this will be based off of Ed Brubaker Winter Solider arc so I'd assume that both Falcon & Sharon Carter will be in the film adaptation.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #263
Superhero 101
DESI

So Cool Can't wait to see How WS will look like!!

Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #264
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post

I'm so happy that The Winter Solider is going to be in the sequel to "First Avenger" . I so called this BTW even though Bucky didn't get a full development in the first movie, their were many hints that lead towards him becoming Winter Solider.

Obviously this will be based off of Ed Brubaker Winter Solider arc so I'd assume that both Falcon & Sharon Carter will be in the film adaptation.
All I can say about this is THANK THE LORD. They better have the guts to do this story right.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #265
Casius--J
Web Master

I'm actually really surprised by this title, I was not expecting to see Winter Soldier anytime soon. And I like how they just gave up the synopsis for the movie in the title. I am looking to forward to seeing it though, I think it will make for an interesting story and puts Cap in a real dilemma.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #266
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
I'm actually really surprised by this title, I was not expecting to see Winter Soldier anytime soon. And I like how they just gave up the synopsis for the movie in the title. I am looking to forward to seeing it though, I think it will make for an interesting story and puts Cap in a real dilemma.
I was a little surprised that they'd be so upfront about what CA2 would be about. With the way Bucky was possibly experimented on by Zola and how he "died," Marvel kind of telegraphed that WS would show up.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #267
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

cool, i hope winter soldier is a good guy in the third movie!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 AM   #268
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

I found this a while back, I forget where, but could this be Cap's next suit?

Old 07-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #269
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Uh, that's from The Avengers.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 AM   #270
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

Oh. wow. The lighting made me think that the shoulders had extra armor pieces on them.

Damn.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #271
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

AH! Can someone give me the link to the Winter Soldier news?!!!!??

Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #272
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
AH! Can someone give me the link to the Winter Soldier news?!!!!??
Not much there, except for them just changing the title of CA2 to include WS.

http://marvel.com/news/story/19067/s...lms_on_the_way

Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #273
Lord
All Mighty

Isn't it a little too early for that storyline? Not to mention that for years Bucky's death was part of the character's history.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #274
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Isn't it a little too early for that storyline? Not to mention that for years Bucky's death was part of the character's history.
It is a bit yeah. It's sort of like when Superman says 'I'm the last son of Krypton' and then half a billion people behind him say 'yeah me too!'

Cap will be saying 'it's so lonely being 80 years in the future. No-one gets me' and then Bucky and Red Skull coughs behind him.

I'll give it a go though. You never know. They may wish to work that into the script.

It's just a shame because they didn't really give Steve enough time to deal with his loneliness then find a new group of friends with the Avengers before having his world turned upside down with the Winter Soldier reveal.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!

Last edited by Silvermoth; 07-15-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #275
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
It is a bit yeah. It's sort of like when Superman says 'I'm the last son of Krypton' and then half a billion people behind him say 'yeah me too!'

Cap will be saying 'it's so lonely being 80 years in the future. No-one gets me' and then Bucky and Red Skull coughs behind him.
....and Arnim Zola....and Baron Zemo....and Von Strucker....and Isaiah Bradley....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread