The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #126
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation

I hope the next film lays off all of the fish out of water jokes, and just goes into a dramatic plot.. save Cap's experience with microwave ovens and smart phones for off-screen..

Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #127
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

I hope Cap 2 will delve into more serious terroritories, which they can do in addition to action scenes and exploring Steve Rogers' place in the 21st century. They can ask the question about how his belief in the ideals of the American dream clashes with the reality, and how he may even come into odds with the government. Make him stand for the people, and not the politicians, so GA can see why he's still wearing the Star Spangled Banner on his costume. Heck, they can even do a story where they forcibly strip him away from his costume, but he demonstrated that he's Capt. America on the inside, and not just because he's wearing the American flag. Things like that can really establish him as an icon of the MCU.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 06-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #128
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
I'm simply saying the style they are going for will be more similar to television, not necessarily the effects or way it is shot. If you want to get guys who know how to do characters, go to television. That's where television excels way over movies. Did you think the Avengers was enough of a cinematic experience? Because Avengers was done in the style I'm talking about. The characters are the focus of the movie, and done extremely well. That's why it was so great. Was the plot anything special in the Avengers? No, of course not. But the characters were done phenomenally well, because Whedon knows how to write characters, which is evident by his history in television. I think it's also why JJ Abrams has made great movies recently, his history in TV. Look at how well the characters were done in Star Trek. I think it isn't a coincidence that the style was similar, in that the characters are good enough that they can carry whatever the plot is. Show creators need to make much more nuanced characters in order for them to be able to hold a show. They need to give them really strong, identifiable personalities, which is one of the toughest things to do I think. It's where the strength of the medium is, because they need to drag a story out muchhh longer. You can't have weak characterization in a tv series or it won't last. Which is why I think the route they are taking is brilliant. I'm liking everything this guy Fiege has done so far, and I think he is just starting. He will get better as he continues. Remember, Marvel Films is still a very young film studio. They know what made the avengers great, and will keep going in that direction.

Just some guy's opinion.
I get what you're saying and I get it's your opinion. It's all good.

I too am a fan of what Feige has been able to do so far.

Regardless of Whedon's past in TV,though I think the fact that he has a history with Marvel and understands the characters on a much deeper than your average director helped immensely with knocking this project out of the park moreso than his 'tv past'. The Avengers, imo, was an A+ Adventure with some great laughs and some decent suspense. I never got the sense I was watching "Buffy's The Avengers". It felt like a great movie. Period.

So is any good movie now with great nuanced characters and strong identifiable personalities automatically TV-esque? I would think a really good/great movie can do this same thing with out being labeled 'like TV'. Just seems like a very general statement that I think marginalizes people who make great movies as well as movies in general.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #129
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I get what you're saying and I get it's your opinion. It's all good.

I too am a fan of what Feige has been able to do so far.

Regardless of Whedon's past in TV,though I think the fact that he has a history with Marvel and understands the characters on a much deeper than your average director helped immensely with knocking this project out of the park moreso than his 'tv past'. The Avengers, imo, was an A+ Adventure with some great laughs and some decent suspense. I never got the sense I was watching "Buffy's The Avengers". It felt like a great movie. Period.

So is any good movie now with great nuanced characters and strong identifiable personalities automatically TV-esque? I would think a really good/great movie can do this same thing with out being labeled 'like TV'. Just seems like a very general statement that I think marginalizes people who make great movies as well as movies in general.
Exactly....Joss gets a free pass because he's already got a long history with Marvel, and the genre in general. The Russos may be fanboys, but I hope to hell Feige saw something more than just that in hiring them.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #130
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Any news on Falcon?
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222621p1.html
PLEASE CAN THIS BE TRUE.
Winter Solider **** yeah!

Last edited by Hawkingbird; 06-11-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: OMG
Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #131
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Any news on Falcon?

I'd say his odds of being in Cap 2 just went up quite a bit.

Disney is cancelling A:EMH --- bummer, I know, but it's old news; anyway, they just released a teaser banner for the replacement series due in 2013, and it features the current film lineup of Avengers --- plus one:

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #132
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Yeah I saw that. Gutted that EMH is getting cancelled.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #133
ZeroDegrees
Newbie First Class

I'm not sure that the Community guys are the ideal choice for a Cap movie. I love Community but can they pull of a Captain America movie? For one thing, at least it will be a bit humorous.

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried. John Favreau (IRON MAN), Joe Johnston (CAPTAIN AMERICA) and Louis Leterrier (THE INCREDIBLE HULK) don't have the best track records and have their fair share of bad movies yet they did a great job.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #134
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I wish the Russo hiring would be confirmed already so we could get some information from either them or MS.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #135
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Disney is cancelling A:EMH --- bummer, I know, but it's old news; anyway, they just released a teaser banner for the replacement series due in 2013, and it features the current film lineup of Avengers --- plus one:

I think Falcon will be in Cap 2... Chris Evans had a interview a while back in Brazil when a journalist asked him if Falcon will team up with Cap in the sequel, because Cap essentially always has a side-kick/partner, Chris just laughed and said to the guy that he is on the right track...

There was also a article with Fiege back when First Avenger came out where he spoke about the Cap and Falcon teaming up n the 70's, but how that opportunity was missed because Cap comes straight to the present from the 40's...

So I'd assume that Falcon might just be in Cap 2, but will he make the Avengers team?!?!??

Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #136
BoredGuy
Killing Time

It'd be great if Falcon made an appearance
How they explain his abilities in Cap's slightly more grounded corner of the MCU should be interesting too

Last edited by BoredGuy; 06-12-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #137
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
It'd be great if Falcon made an appearance
How they explain his abilities in Cap's slightly more grounded corner of the MCU should be interesting too
Well his powers, besides the Redwing and bird telepathy thing, is tech based so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #138
ZeroDegrees
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I think Falcon will be in Cap 2... Chris Evans had a interview a while back in Brazil when a journalist asked him if Falcon will team up with Cap in the sequel, because Cap essentially always has a side-kick/partner, Chris just laughed and said to the guy that he is on the right track...

There was also a article with Fiege back when First Avenger came out where he spoke about the Cap and Falcon teaming up n the 70's, but how that opportunity was missed because Cap comes straight to the present from the 40's...

So I'd assume that Falcon might just be in Cap 2, but will he make the Avengers team?!?!??
I think and hope he'll be in Cap 2. No definitive stuff yet but it's likely. Also, Marvel usually plans ahead. They made the show to ride the waves of the Avengers' success (I think) so if Falcon's a possible member in the new show...I wouldn't be surprised if he's in The Avengers 2 as a member (but I HIGHLY doubt it!).

Old 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #139
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I wouldn't mind if he were only part of the Cap U the way Warmachine is only in IM movies.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #140
ZeroDegrees
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I wouldn't mind if he were only part of the Cap U the way Warmachine is only in IM movies.
I feel the same. I wish there were some short references or explanations though. I mean, I have a lot of them in mind, but an actual reference, like a single line would be pretty cool.

A hilariously bad example:
Nick Fury: Where's your partner? We could use him.

Tony Stark: Rhodey's out there doing his military stuff. Besides, I don't want him stealing the show and I wanna avoid the confusion between us. Hmm, actually, I'll trade you Rhodey for the hot Russian spy.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #141
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Why is A:EMH getting cancelled?? What was wrong with it? I loved it

Old 06-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #142
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Why is A:EMH getting cancelled?? What was wrong with it? I loved it
Nothing's wrong with it. And it's been fairly successful, afaik.
It's just that it was made before Avengers: The Movie turned into a juggernaut, and now Marvel wants to do a toon version of Avengers that's more in line with the film version of the team.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #143
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Yeah but this was all in the works months before the movie's release regardless of its success.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #144
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
It's just that it was made before Avengers: The Movie turned into a juggernaut, and now Marvel wants to do a toon version of Avengers that's more in line with the film version of the team.
And also it's going to hit the 52 episode minimum/limit they seem to have on superhero shows.

Justice League (the first series before unlimited), Batman Beyond, Static Shock, X-Men Evolution and others were only 52 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #145
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

Now that's over, is it just me that is excited about Sebastian Stan signing up for 6 more movies?!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #146
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

I imagine he's been added for diversity not because he's going to pop it in the film universe.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #147
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

If they wanted diversity they could have added Black Panther from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #148
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

throw in Hawkeye and Black Widow along with these two solid characters and Cap 2 will be amazing... tech-based Marvel heroes seem more likely to be included into the Cap franchise.. plus a Black Panther cameo would be a great way to setup the solo adventure.. Falcon (SHIELD Agent) and T'challa would make excellent additions to Avengers 2

Last edited by Christopher_M; 06-14-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #149
The Watcher
Otherwordly Witness

From MarvelTVNews and their article on info provided by a source.

[regarding new Avengers Assemble tv show]

- Falcon was chosen to be in the roster, so that fans get familiarized with the character, before his “certain” appearance in the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #150
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post
throw in Hawkeye and Black Widow along with these two solid characters and Cap 2 will be amazing... tech-based Marvel heroes seem more likely to be included into the Cap franchise.. plus a Black Panther cameo would be a great way to setup the solo adventure.. Falcon (SHIELD Agent) and T'challa would make excellent additions to Avengers 2

OH MY GOD! THEY COULD MAKE A POSTER LIKE THAT FOR THE NEXT MOVIE AND WE'D HAVE BLACK PANTHER AND FALCON AND OH MY GOD....
*collapse*