The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #51
Web face
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

That had to be a troll post. You don't understand any of the criticism USM gets but you place it higher than SSM only because the art was simple? That has to be a joke.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #52
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
That had to be a troll post. You don't understand any of the criticism USM gets but you place it higher than SSM only because the art was simple? That has to be a joke.
Seriously. The art direction for USM is pretty uninspired as a whole (there are some nice designs), some of the designs don't always animate well and end up clunky looking. There has been some great animation, to be sure, but some pretty bad directing as well. The choreography and directing has been pretty bad in some episodes, compared to how cinematically TSSM was choreographed.

And the show looks nothing like Bagley's art. Spidey's design was even done by Ed McGuinness, whose style is very unique and doesn't resemble Bagley at all.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!

Last edited by Spidey_62; 05-16-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #53
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
Joe Quesadilla has ALWAYS been a disrespectful d**kh**d, iMho...
Quesada is evil! And so is Loeb.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #54
mehrabix
Side-Kick

I have never cared about Venom so I didnt care about the changes they made to him in this epiosde

Old 05-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #55
mehrabix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Prophet View Post
I don't understand any of the criticism you guys have on the Ultimate Spider-Man show... it's a GOOD show.People have a problem with the tone? What's AWFUL is a show that takes itself way too seriously. This show does not and is smart about it at the very least. The character talking to the audience is no different than Spider-Man's thought bubbles through years of Spider-Man comics. The characters look just like Bagely's art from the USM comics. They also have JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson... how awesome is that? When people hate on this show all I see is geeky comic book fan criticisms. People are taking it too seriously and can't just enjoy it for what it is. Christopher Nolan can't create every comic book adaption. I'm pretty sure Marvel sees things the same way too. People are WATCHING this show and most likely will continue to watch. I personally think this is the best Spider-Man show since 90's Spider-Man. MTV Spider-Man was awful with horrible writing and Spectacular Spider-Man had art so bad a high school student could draw a better cast. The tone of USM puts Spider-Man in line with the current movie universe than anything else.
HA HA HA !the most ridiculous comment I have read here!thanks for the laughs man! I really neded that

Old 05-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #56
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Quesada is evil! And so is Loeb.
What are you taking about ? Trust these guys, they know how to make a Toon.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #57
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seriously. The art direction for USM is pretty uninspired as a whole (there are some nice designs), some of the designs don't always animate well and end up clunky looking. There has been some great animation, to be sure, but some pretty bad directing as well. The choreography and directing has been pretty bad in some episodes, compared to how cinematically TSSM was choreographed.
I agree with this. The animation for TSSM was quite well done. I often think back to the episode where Spidey battles the Sinister Six while in the black suit, there is some great fight choreography there which makes the animation come off looking amazing. I just think a lot of people, not me, had a problem with the character models. TBH, while the USM animation is good I do understand when some people say it looks boring. Personally I don't like the design for Peter (I had that haircut in '97) or Harry.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #58
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Uhh, to be perfectly honest, I think that the constant pestering him about the issue was far more disrespectful. In fact, I thought his answer was quite diplomatic. This Marvel TV News website doesn't seem to be very reputable, and is probably hurting its own cause more than helping it.
I don't think he comes off diplomatic at all. I think sounds really defensive, which I can understand since he has got so many people criticizing his decisions. However, is his suggestion that people just get over it basically and watch something else, that realistic? I mean, if my favorite sports team has management that is making poor decisions and putting out a poor product, should I just dispassionately stop following that team? No, that's not the way it typically works. They get complaints while I continue to hope that something changes and the product gets better.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #59
Lord
All Mighty

I didn't watch the show yet? Is it any good? From the synopsis it doesn't seem like they're following the Ultimate Spider-Man comics at all.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #60
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I didn't watch the show yet? Is it any good? From the synopsis it doesn't seem like they're following the Ultimate Spider-Man comics at all.

the comic and the cartoon have absolutely NOTHING in common other than the title name...

when it comes to the cartoon, you're not missing much...

in fact, you're not missing ANYTHING...

Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #61
Sebastos
Bebop User

I don't understand, how is Dark Prophet trolling when he's just giving his opinion?

Quote:
And no. Most people are not watching it. Majority of response towards it has been negative and the lack of rating boasting (which successful shows LOVE to do) as been entirely absent. In fact they have refused to show any at all.
You're wrong, people are watching it. Ok fine there's been negative reactions to the show, but Quesada is right when he says people love it, me included.

This gif from the latest episode got 8,000 likes on tumblr alone and growing, positive commments included.

So while there have been negative reactions, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #62
russttrombone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
I don't understand, how is Dark Prophet trolling when he's just giving his opinion?

You're wrong, people are watching it. Ok fine there's been negative reactions to the show, but Quesada is right when he says people love it, me included.

This gif from the latest episode got 8,000 likes on tumblr alone and growing, positive commments included.

So while there have been negative reactions, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
Marketing and PR departments regularly pump up things like tumblr reblogs, twitter retweets, etc. You know what they can't pump up? Ratings. When a show gets good ratings, they brag about them. When a show isn't getting good ratings they hide them.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #63
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

internet likes is a pretty bad argument. That gif is funnier by itself, but when apart of the show, its just another one of the very many gags thrown on the screen

its true though, you can't go nuts over a difference of opinion. We on the other side will just never understand how any one can genuinely like the show older than 10, when we have had better. Much better

Instead of assuming trolling, just accept not everyone thinks like you do

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1936-9586-3562
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #64
ToDandy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

That's NOTHING compared to the amount of likes the 60's Spider-Man show Meme's get. Just because it's got likes doesn't mean it's good. Lots of time people are just making fun of it and being sardonic and other times people have no idea what it is but find it slightly comedic out of context.

Quote:
Marketing and PR departments regularly pump up things like tumblr reblogs, twitter retweets, etc. You know what they can't pump up? Ratings. When a show gets good ratings, they brag about them. When a show isn't getting good ratings they hide them.
Also what he said.

Quote:
Instead of assuming trolling, just accept not everyone thinks like you do
I didn't assume it. I said I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It just came across kind of like a troll post because it was so polar opposite and kind of jabbing at what others had said as if to get a response. But hey, if he was legit, then that's cool. His opinion.

Last edited by ToDandy; 05-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #65
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Clip from episode 10.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thor looks exactly as he does in the Marvel Studios movies. Same for the frost giants, and I saw a commercial on TV showing Loki and he looks exactly as he does in the movies as well.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #66
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

I want to kick them in their chins

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #67
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Clip from episode 10.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thor looks exactly as he does in the Marvel Studios movies. Same for the frost giants, and I saw a commercial on TV showing Loki and he looks exactly as he does in the movies as well.
It would be gold if we got this

Minus Spider-Dodo-Man being his usual reckless self

And for reals? Couldn't these two just get along?

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #68
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Red face Re: Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread - Part 1

Quote:

This picture just makes my heart sink.

Reading all this stuff, I just don't understand. Joe Q may have done a lot of good for Marvel Comics in general. Heck, I read more stuff related to the Marvel U now instead of just Spidey, like Avengers & Marvel "Events" (Civil War, Secret Invasion, etc). But to me, Joe Q's ideas on Spider-Man are wrong, wrong, wrong.

The idea of Ultimate getting Season 2 before Season 1 even premieres, while Spectacular had to struggle to get a second 13 episode season? Seriously?

I seriously believe Disney XD outbid everyone for the second season of Spectacular just so they could kill it, knowing Disney was in the process of acquiring Marvel. It had almost no promotion, premiered after it had already been in a number of countries and readily available on YouTube. And to add insult, actually premiered the final episode WITHOUT THE DIALOGUE TRACK!!!

And now the "plan" is to dumb down Avengers? Seriously, in quality, the new "blocks" on Cartoon Network & Disney XD - DC is seriously kicking Marvel's a$$$!

And the sad thing is look how great Marvel is doing in the film department! But, the sad thing is, they don't have Spidey, but the TV branch does!

I wish Columbia was insane, and returned the movie rights to Marvel and retained the TV/animation rights. Of course, that obviously would never happen. But, if it did, we would probably be on the 4th Season of Spectacular Spider-Man, and a real Amazing Spider-Man, done more in the style of Avengers than TDK, integrated in the Marvel movie universe, with maybe Spidey trying to join the Avengers in Avengers 3!

Honestly, right now, the only ones who seem capable of handling Spider-Man is Greg Weisman and Dan Slott.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #69
russttrombone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
I seriously believe Disney XD outbid everyone for the second season of Spectacular just so they could kill it, knowing Disney was in the process of acquiring Marvel. It had almost no promotion, premiered after it had already been in a number of countries and readily available on YouTube. And to add insult, actually premiered the final episode WITHOUT THE DIALOGUE TRACK!!!
This makes a lot of sense. They also didn't even put anything about it on their Disney XD website while it aired there, and more recently, a couple of weeks before USM started airing, they pulled it from Netflix. Seems as though they want people to forget about it. They also didn't say anything about the cancellation at all and let everyone hang in limbo about its fate, just like what's happening with Avengers: EMH. The only reason people are talking about EMH now is because someone leaked the info. They were probably trying to pull the same thing.

I guess that's what happens when new heads of the department come in. They don't care if an existing show is good or not. What matters is whether or not their fingerprints are on the project.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #70
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I want to kick them in their chins

that's not where MY size 12 would be aimed at...

Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #71
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
that's not where MY size 12 would be aimed at...

I'll hit 'em high, you hit 'em low, and man is that a relief

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #72
Nathan

You know what those guys actually need? Some of this.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #73
Troy_Parker
Banned User

While I'm not going to start praising the hell out of this show, I imagine that it's doing well with it's target audience. And guess what? As long as the target audience likes it, this show will go on. Until at least they decide to cancel it for yet another Spidey show.

I think it'd be great if they toned down the zany humour and excluded all of the SHIELD stuff (maybe have them appear every 6, 7 episodes). The odd cutaway and/or chibi Spider-Man thing wouldn't be bad. The massive insecurity thing made me laugh a little.

I was disappointed to find out that this series is just BARELY based on the USM comics.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #74
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?

Quote:

I'll hit 'em high, you hit 'em low, and man is that a relief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You know what those guys actually need? Some of this.

oh HELL YES!...

Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #75
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Thor makes everything better.

Quote:
It would be gold if we got this

Minus Spider-Dodo-Man being his usual reckless self

And for reals? Couldn't these two just get along?
What the Hell? Is that even real?

Quote:
And now the "plan" is to dumb down Avengers? Seriously, in quality, the new "blocks" on Cartoon Network & Disney XD - DC is seriously kicking Marvel's a$$$!
Too bad Marvel is kicking DC's a$$ at the movies.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Closed Thread