The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #101
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think other studios may try and follow suit with the teamups/crossovers?

The biggest problem with Aquaman is that it would be absurdly difficult and expensive to do him properly in live action with all of those underwater scenes.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #102
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Do you think other studios may try and follow suit with the teamups/crossovers?

^Of course it will. Hence why they need someone with the ambition and sense to handle a budget.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #103
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
^Of course it will. Hence why they need someone with the ambition and sense to handle a budget.
Doesn't any project?

After the Water World disaster, studios I would think would be extremely hesitant. I always found Aquaman to be sort of the butt of the joke in Hollywood. It was the role Vincent Chase got in Entourage and I found it to be very tongue in cheek how they portrayed it.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #104
terry78

Unfortunately, DC has tried to better his image, but he still is viewed as that guy who can only talk to fish and is only useful underwater.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #105
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

If that studio has the proper rights to certain characters, I think it's a total no-brainer to allow more team-ups in comic book movies. I mean, think about it--between Marvel's and DC Universes, especially the later, most of their popularity has stemmed from team-up storylines and issues.

The things that kept it back so far up until now is; narrative structure (how much is too much for one movie), ROI (will spending $200m+ on such a project be profitable), and interest (why would anyone care?).

Now that Avengers has exposed that perfect formula, I expect within the next 15 years that there will be at least two more attempts at a Marvel and/or DC Comics team-up film NOT including The Avengers 2.

The obvious one(s) right off the bat would be a team-up with X-Men, and/or Fantastic Four, and/or Daredevil.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #106
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

While Namor is a comic buttjoke of the angry immoral man of the sea. Undeveloped from its golden age beginnings when its franchise could be more of Game of Thrones of the sea. Aquaman as a franchise is more developed, yet gets shortchanged by "that" particular Aquaman's ability.

Fortunately for Marvel, their seemingly deeper lineups of B-list characters tend to put Namor on the back of the queue list. Yeah, Marvel has Strange, Danny Rand, Nova, Ms Marvel, T'Challa before they look to Namor. On the other hand for DC, they're torn between which character should be done first after WW, GL and Flash: Hawkman (another buttjoke) or Aquaman.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #107
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I can't see any circumstances where the X-Men would team up with Daredevil. Someone like Spider-man and Daredevil? Makes sense, their turfs (and villains) overlap. But all they own is X-Men and Fantastic Four.

X-Men and Fantastic Four, aside from maybe Professor X mentioning, or hanging out with Reed, I can't see more than that.

Doesn't help that no one cares about Fox's Fantastic Four or Daredevil films. So, they'd have to use the character, not the franchise.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #108
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
While Namor is a comic buttjoke of the angry immoral man of the sea. Undeveloped from its golden age beginnings when its franchise could be more of Game of Thrones of the sea. Aquaman as a franchise is more developed, yet gets shortchanged by "that" particular Aquaman's ability.

Fortunately for Marvel, their seemingly deeper lineups of B-list characters tend to put Namor on the back of the queue list. Yeah, Marvel has Strange, Danny Rand, Nova, Ms Marvel, T'Challa before they look to Namor. On the other hand for DC, they're torn between which character should be done first after WW, GL and Flash: Hawkman (another buttjoke) or Aquaman.
Why are you calling Namor immoral....? Just because he runs around in Speedos all the time doesn't mean he's some kind of pervert. I mean, maybe. Yeah. Kinda. But....I don't know....you think?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #109
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Why are you calling Namor immoral....? Just because he runs around in Speedos all the time doesn't mean he's some kind of pervert. I mean, maybe. Yeah. Kinda. But....I don't know....you think?
He consistently tries to steal a man's wife from her family. He's immoral.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #110
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Aquaman starring Vincent Chase from Entourage!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #111
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So...why does Banner leave WITH Stark? Why doesn't Banner go his own way? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #112
The Guard
Side-Kick

Because he didn't have his own car with him? Widow brought him back, didn't she?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #113
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Runaways! On the Tuesday CW...

seriously tho, what about power man and iron fist? They can call it CAGE AND FIST. Eh? ok mebe not.

Joeyjojo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #114
marcvader
Lurker #1

MS should spice up their mo and look into making buddy action flicks, horror, comedies.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #115
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

The should start making rom coms , exclusively.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #116
marcvader
Lurker #1

Starring Vision and Scarlet Witch.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #117
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Starring Vision and Scarlet Witch.
Or Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #118
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Immoral because he covets that particular someone else's wife.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #119
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post

Namor is the type a guy that you laugh at and the he procides to come up out of the sea and whoop you ass.

Unlike DC marvel doesn't seem to shy way from there B list characters. Namor may be on the back burnner but He's still more likly to get made over lets say Aquaman or Captain Marvel.

The most epic crossover Ever!!!

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 05-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #120
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
He consistently tries to steal a man's wife from her family. He's immoral.
He's currently trying to do this with Scott & Emma on his new team. Namor is a dick, though that's what makes me like him.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #121
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Namor is the type a guy that you laugh at and the he procides to come up out of the sea and whoop you ass.

Unlike DC marvel doesn't seem to shy way from there B list characters. Namor may be on the back burnner but He's still more likly to get made over lets say Aquaman or Captain Marvel.
That is very true. While Spider-man and Wolverine are their most popular characters, probably with the most titles, there is no doubt that in the grand scheme of Marvel they're pretty much second stringers. Guys like Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man have always been the top dogs even when they haven't enjoyed as much fame. Marvel really doesn't shy away from hyping up obscure characters like Doctor Strange, Daredevil, and the Heroes For Hire team. They seem to treat the movies with equal importance as well. To a non-Marvel fan it must look like they're throwing darts at a board but they're really not. Runaways has as much of a chance of making it to a screen somewhere as, say, Black Panther. Blade, of all properties, lead the way for Marvel comics.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #122
Nemesis Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Unfortunately, DC has tried to better his image, but he still is viewed as that guy who can only talk to fish and is only useful underwater.

Exactly. Namor the Sub-Mariner is easier to convert to the big screen because 1) He can fly 2) doesn't spend whole lotta time underwater 3) costume is less cheesy by comparison 4) only weird thing about him are those wings on his feet

Get a nice looking guy with ripped muscles and six pack and women will swoon over him at the cinema. Aquaman OTOH has a long way to go to attract female attention imo.

Nemesis Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #123
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Hes losing the wings if he ever makes it to the big screen.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #124
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Namor also has a more consistent personality ( arrogant imperious dick ), which is easier to work with re: adaptation possibilities.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #125
terry78

I know Aquaman would cost quite a bit to do. You'd basically be doing, for lack of a better term, The Little Mermaid in live action.