The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
M0n0R@y

Default Which Spider-Man Action Figure are better?

There are so many kinds of Spider-Man action figures and toys. Toys like that are also used for anatomy references for character drawing in poses. But I don't know which are better to use. Reply for suggestions, or just to show your favorite Spider-Man toys lol.

M0n0R@y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
Aracnafreak

Default Re: Which Spider-Man Action Figure are better?

Hi guys,Rob here from Queensland Australia and I was wondering if anyone can help me find a 30"Spiderman figure that Walmart used to sell.A superman and a batman are in theses sizes but I cant seem to find spidey,any help will be appreciated immensely as this is a present for a friend of mine who's in a wheelchair.One came up at a local market some time ago but the vendor would not drive 20 mins to drop it off to him so out of angry frustration towards the vendor(AKA oxygen thief) I took the task on and have been doing so for the last 3 weeks.....but...no luck,maybe someone here can direct me to the right place or has one for sale.

Last edited by Aracnafreak; 05-14-2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: A 3 year old's spelling and grammar was better until I found spell check
Aracnafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Aracnafreak

Wow,Im not sure how to say hello on this site but it sure seems unfriendly.

Aracnafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I just don't think many people come into this area....

But for what it's worth, hello to you.

Unfortunately I can't help with your problem. I've never heard of a Spider-Man figure that tall.
Only thing which comes close that I can think of would be the Hot Toys Spider-Man which is 1/6 scale and therefore around 12 inches high. They are a bit expensive but great quality.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Dave McFly
what did you just say?

Th Biggrin Re: Which Spider-Man Action Figure are better?

the best and hardest one to top it's awesomeness was the 18" Spidey that came out during Spider-Man 2. what made it so awesome was the fact that it had like 70 points of articulation. the guy was EXTREMELY poseable, in fact he had more joints in one HAND than most figures had all over period. I was lucky to snag one from a clearance section of walmart when on vacation. as soon as I get home I will snap a pic or too, he is just too darn cool!

XBOXLIVE!: davemcfly85
PSN ID: davemcfly85
Dave McFly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Dave McFly
what did you just say?

Wink Re: Which Spider-Man Action Figure are better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
I just don't think many people come into this area....

But for what it's worth, hello to you.

Unfortunately I can't help with your problem. I've never heard of a Spider-Man figure that tall.
Only thing which comes close that I can think of would be the Hot Toys Spider-Man which is 1/6 scale and therefore around 12 inches high. They are a bit expensive but great quality.
I believe there WAS one 30 inch tall but it had very limited range of movement, head turned arms rotated at the shoulder and the legs rotated at the hips (not sure on the last one) basically it was like a scaled down mannequin in a Spidey suit was the best way I can describe him.

XBOXLIVE!: davemcfly85
PSN ID: davemcfly85
Dave McFly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Jay420 View Post

These are from my collection. These are all my favorite Spidey action figure. You'd be set with any of these. I also have the 18 inch super poseable figure you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you've got some really good poses in there man. *congrats*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroAids View Post
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Spider-Jay420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

[QUOTE=Spider-Jay420;16827621]This is one awesome Spider-Man figure. Way more articulation than the Fearsome Foes Spidey, which is currently my favorite one. His shoulders have an extra joint, similar to the SMC Black Costume that was released with the hang glider. They swing out at the shoulder then swing out again and up, if that makes any sense. There is also an extra click joint in the abcrunch. Anyone who has ever tried to pose Spidey in a crouch position knows sometimes they just won't stay there. It won't bend down that far and pops up from the crouch. This one locks in and is ideal on the stand they provided. His hips and legs won't drop down as soon as you let him go.

The head has a definate Romita-Alex Ross look to it and they even sculpted the wrinkles and folds of the mask on the back of his neck. Definately one of the Best looking and comic accurate masks I've ever seen.

The only nitpicky thing for me is the shade of blue they used is very light, I would have liked it a bit darker. The sculpt is fantastic, though, and I'm looking at my new favorite Spider-Man figure.

I have to include Snap Shot Spider-Man too. He might be the best 6 inch Spider-Man figure ever made. You can probably find all these figures on eBay for your buddy.

Quote:
Quote:
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
Superman
The Man Of Steel (Is #1)

Two words.... HOT TOYS!

Nuff said.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
nosocialize

[QUOTE=Spider-Jay420;23506977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Jay420 View Post
This is one awesome Spider-Man figure. Way more articulation than the Fearsome Foes Spidey, which is currently my favorite one. His shoulders have an extra joint, similar to the SMC Black Costume that was released with the hang glider. They swing out at the shoulder then swing out again and up, if that makes any sense. There is also an extra click joint in the abcrunch. Anyone who has ever tried to pose Spidey in a crouch position knows sometimes they just won't stay there. It won't bend down that far and pops up from the crouch. This one locks in and is ideal on the stand they provided. His hips and legs won't drop down as soon as you let him go.

The head has a definate Romita-Alex Ross look to it and they even sculpted the wrinkles and folds of the mask on the back of his neck. Definately one of the Best looking and comic accurate masks I've ever seen.

The only nitpicky thing for me is the shade of blue they used is very light, I would have liked it a bit darker. The sculpt is fantastic, though, and I'm looking at my new favorite Spider-Man figure.

I have to include Snap Shot Spider-Man too. He might be the best 6 inch Spider-Man figure ever made. You can probably find all these figures on eBay for your buddy.
What is the name of this figure?!! I want it so bad!

nosocialize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
Spider-Jay420
I miss Peter Parker.

Snap Shot Spider-Man. Spider-Man Classics line. Wave 14 or 15 maybe? He's an awesome figure. I'm gonna go on record and say he's definitely my favorite Spider-Man figure, and probably the best one ever made.

The Fearsome Foes S-M is a close 2nd. A very close 2nd but for me, Snap Shot is the way to go.

Quote:
Quote: