The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #251
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,138
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I'm picturing a horrific alternate world where bizarro mirror versions of you all exist...
You mean the one where Byrd is the one taking all the abuse instead of dishing it out?

I've been there. It isn't as fun.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #252
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,350
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I'm picturing a horrific alternate world where bizarro mirror versions of you all exist...
That's just a boring world of normal people.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #253
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,138
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Okay...so I have an idea. Something I don't think has been done before in the games. I've brought it up to Byrd and he's behind it.

So far it is very basic, as it's just hit me today while I was sitting at work, bored, and thinking of a way to re energize the flagging posting in the One Earth game. We've only got about 4 active participants in it, and I'm not letting another one of my games go down without a fight.

My idea is a Crisis. One that will completely and fundamentally change the game universe in a way, like I said, has never been done before in the boards as far as I know.

Now, I don't want to get into too much detail, as I'd hate to give out all my ideas in one shot, but before I really start putting my ideas down in earnest, I'd like to know if there are people willing and interested in participating.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #254
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,350
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

If it's what I'm thinking it is, it's been discussed before at various times, but never went beyond that.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #255
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker
 
Johnny Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Reality
Posts: 21,097
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Okay...so I have an idea. Something I don't think has been done before in the games. I've brought it up to Byrd and he's behind it.

So far it is very basic, as it's just hit me today while I was sitting at work, bored, and thinking of a way to re energize the flagging posting in the One Earth game. We've only got about 4 active participants in it, and I'm not letting another one of my games go down without a fight.

My idea is a Crisis. One that will completely and fundamentally change the game universe in a way, like I said, has never been done before in the boards as far as I know.

Now, I don't want to get into too much detail, as I'd hate to give out all my ideas in one shot, but before I really start putting my ideas down in earnest, I'd like to know if there are people willing and interested in participating.
I'm always up for some major, cosmic-scale action.

__________________
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
Johnny Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #256
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I might be interested...PM me and give me some details

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #257
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,138
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

PMs have been sent to NiteMare and JB.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #258
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,261
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I'll be paying attention aswell.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #259
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,138
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

End of the season post for One Earth and a tease for what's to come:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=984

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #260
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Here was the site in question, BTW:

http://roleplayerguild.com/forum.php?

As you can see, it's an entire forum dedicated to just RPing with a ****ton of activity.

Yeah...just signed up over there.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #261
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

^ ?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #262
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
^ ?
it's a more active rpg site.

I'm staying here, but I'm debating whether or not to bring the CAH over there

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #263
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,464
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Do it. I'm running a knock-off UDC game to gauge interest.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #264
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,350
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I think we might as well move the games over there. We can't seem to get any new blood on this board anymore.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #265
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,464
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

That's kind of what I wanted to do. The thing is, three or four extra players would go a long way. And, if we can keep the core of what we have here and bolster our numbers there, then it's all good.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #266
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
That's kind of what I wanted to do. The thing is, three or four extra players would go a long way. And, if we can keep the core of what we have here and bolster our numbers there, then it's all good.
That's what I'm thinking.

How are the guys that joined your UDC game? I haven't had a chance to check it out too much yet

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #267
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,350
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

wait, so you want to split the games?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #268
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,464
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
How are the guys that joined your UDC game? I haven't had a chance to check it out too much yet
They're alright. Lot of them do shorter posts, reminds me a lot of what the RPGs used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
wait, so you want to split the games?
No, just move it all over there. What I'm saying is if we can keep what we have here over there, we should be good.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #269
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,350
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

gotcha (despite the cryptic sentence parsing)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #270
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,464
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

The important part to remember is that ever though we'll be over there, we'll be here and they'll be here while also being there and we'll all be together.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #271
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,350
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #272
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Hey Byrd...are you not able to edit posts over there?

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #273
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I'm in.

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #274
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,210
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Yeah, I signed up there when Byrd mentioned it earlier.

Can anyone see a straight-forward way of migrating past threads from here over there or what's going to happen in that regard?

Not sure if Shape uses Facebook, but he and JB are missing from The Basement group. Anyone else, while we're trying to get people all on one page. That's an easier way for me to communicate, if nobody else.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #275
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,464
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I've tried asking JB to be my friend on Facebook a few times. He no likes me.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.