The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #51
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

You're both a couple of *******. Dreadful.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #52
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

By the way, since this is a... well... RPG forum and all, I should probably make it known that I'm still a participant in the games. It's just that between the podcasts (I do four of them, and I edit at least one-to-two on a weekly basis), the call of real life, the search for a job, and all of my other geek habits, I haven't had as much time lately to get as involved as I want to.

Suffice to say, I need to get on my feet with Daredevil in the Marvel game, Superman and The Flash are collecting dust in One Earth, I owe Carnage a Wolverine post, and I've only just managed to slip by with UDC, periodically trying to get this story arc out of the way so that I can move onto the next phase. It's not an excuse, because I know I can do better. And I will. But I wanted to at least fill people in on why I've been even more me-like than usual.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #53
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

damn spambots

*reported*

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #54
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I miss your antics, MB.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #55
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,040
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

My two cents on the new Spider-Man movie...it is aptly titled...it was Amazing!

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #56
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,787
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Agreed. The movie was great. Think i'll see it again.

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #57
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Just came back from the second viewing. It's so much better a second time cause you can relax.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #58
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

TASM was amazing. Tis the Spider-Man movie I've always wanted. A few flaws here and there, but the character development is off the charts, and sets up a much more interesting world than the Raimi films. Garfield was born to play the role, and Emma Stone is awesome as Gwen.

Only real complaint I have is Sally Field wasn't given enough to do as Aunt may, but that's a minor nitpick.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #59
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Andrew Garfield and Emma stone did such a good job portraying a budding romance on screen. Like, ASM was more than just a comic book film (even though I consider it a TRUE comic film).

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #60
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Still a bit skeptical but what the heck, you guys have convinced me. I'll check it out Sunday afternoon when the ticket prices of a nearby theater are only 5 bucks.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #61
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

It's a superhero film. If you don't at least check it out, you don't need to be on these goddamn forums.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
It's a superhero film. If you don't at least check it out, you don't need to be on these goddamn forums.
Yeah. So go watch The Spirit.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #63
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Does that mean all of you guys checked out the Green Lantern movie?

Because if so, I'm so sorry.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #64
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dog View Post
Does that mean all of you guys checked out the Green Lantern movie?

Because if so, I'm so sorry.
*****, I saw GL and The Spirit in the theater. Also saw The Avengers and TDK in the theater. You take the good with the bad!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #65
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Green Lantern wasn't as bad as everyone says. It was okay, and far from the potential of the Mythos, but it was watchable.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #66
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved View Post
Green Lantern wasn't as bad as everyone says. It was okay, and far from the potential of the Mythos, but it was watchable.
Pretty much.

The problem is that John's is all over this thing. He wanted to throw all his Rebirth changes at us, yet somehow keep some of the old stuff around.

Parallax should have been a third movie baddie.

Hector was fine for the first movie, but they should have gone with Emerald Dawn and made the big GL villain Legion.

The second movie: some other big baddie subplot, but really the fall of Sinestro.

Third movie: Sinestro Corps war, with a huge Parallax/Sinestro fight at the end (and maybe Ion). Movie ends with shots of the other Corps gathering around their Lanterns, setting up another trilogy (which, at that point, Johns could lead up to Blackest Night for the sixth film).

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #67
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I think the main problem was they couldn't decide how the tone of the movie was gonna be. Is it dark sci-fi, is it kid/family friendly, or is mythic. If they had chosen one theme instead of blending them, it would've been a better movie.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #68
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

That too.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #69
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Movie studios just underestimate the audiences. Kids can go see Spider-Man and Iron Man, yet, those movies didn't cater or pander to families specifically. Just make the friggin movie based on the mythos. People will come.

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #70
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I was sitting around today and I sudden;y had a thought....


It would be kinda fun to do a roast for a selected hypster...

It could be an annual thing or we could do it like we did with the BTPS.

I don't know what made me think of that, just kinda popped into my head

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #71
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Every day on these forums is a roast of eachother.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #72
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

What's the difference between MB and a troll?

One is a hairy, snarling, pimple-covered beast. The other is a troll.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #73
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

At least my mother loves me!

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #74
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?
 
Saved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: A Meme
Posts: 15,759
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

"Syn is like a herpes sore: every once and a while he disappears, but a few months later, he'l reappear without warning."

In before the roast

__________________
Lee, Halladay, Hamels, Blanton, and The Vanimal
Phillies 2012
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #75
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

That's way too forgiving.

I'm sure Byrd scoffs at the idea of saying something so tame.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.