The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #76
dynamic
Side-Kick

Default Re: Survivor: Philippines

Katie is a former beauty pagent winner. She would have been gone except for Dawson getting Jeff Kent nervous.

dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #77
adalinaabella
Banned User

HI!
I had just joined this community and I search a lot where is the introduction section. I want to introduce myself and then start discussion.

adalinaabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #78
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamic View Post
Katie is a former beauty pagent winner. She would have been gone except for Dawson getting Jeff Kent nervous.
Ah yes, Ms. Delaware...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adalinaabella View Post
HI!
I had just joined this community and I search a lot where is the introduction section. I want to introduce myself and then start discussion.
Discussion is in session.

SolarTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #79
Quasar
Side-Kick

I was looking forward to finally seeing Abi compete, and then we get that stalemate. I also though Denise would own Lisa (Blair), and that didn't happen. Kalabaw is turning into the new Matsing.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #80
PemLam
I'll be the judge of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
I was looking forward to finally seeing Abi compete, and then we get that stalemate. I also though Denise would own Lisa (Blair), and that didn't happen. Kalabaw is turning into the new Matsing.
I was looking forward to that as well, though I wanted it just to see her get stomped into the friggin mud. I can't stand that girl.

While this hasn't been the greatest season of Survivor, I must say I've been impressed so far with the tribal council decisions the tribes have made. Pretty much all of them have been done in ways that benefitted the tribe, i.e. getting rid of the weakest members, instead of doing the stupid thing of wiping out your strongest ones early on. (No, I don't think Russell was a great physical threat).

Looks like the merge is happening next week. I'm curious how Malcolm and Denise are going to use that to their advantage. On the flip side, I believe the merge is going to hurt Penner and Skupin more than benefit them.

PemLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #81
Quasar
Side-Kick

Yeah, I was hopin' for Abi getting some mud stompin' as well.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #82
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

This season is kind of boring me. One tribe being almost completely wiped off the board right after another tribe has been almost completely wiped off the board... come on.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #83
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I actually really like this season, the players are much more interesting than in many previous seasons. Ill admit that the results of the immunity challenges have been a bit one sided but I think that in this case is a good thing since the yellow tribe is completely splintered as they've never had to unite at a vote.

Im glad that Katie was the one to go, it would have been really stupid to vote Penner out at that point since they really needed to win challenges plus the idol might be the only way to save them all.

As for next week... Im not sure that it will be a merge, I just got a feeling like it was something else what with the mad scrambling everyone seemed to be doing. If I had to guess I'd go with both tribes being sent to live on the same beach but it is a completely new beach and tribes remain the same or are reshuffled.

Wyrminarrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #84
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Why were people gunning for RC and not Abi? Abi seems downright useless and crazy to boot.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #85
Harry_Lime02
That perfect girl is gone

That was probably the best episode of the season since the first episode. Love how quickly the yellows are turning on eachother, it's gonna make it a real hot mess of a merge...in a good way.

I thought Jeff Kent played a pretty good pre-merge game, but I don't get what he's doing right now. He could've gained a majority tonight and instead he threw it away. He's voting out all the outliers and people who want to align with him in order to give the main power alliance even more power.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #86
PemLam

Tonight's tribal was the first idiotic selection they've made this season. Why the Kalabaw tribe voted for Penner I'll never know; they've basically cut their own throats and now it's just a matter of time before they're picked off one by one. The worst part of this is I still have to listen to and see Abi's useless *** for several more weeks.

Unbelievably stupid. It's like none of the people on the Kalabaw tribe have ever seen an episode of Survivor.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #87
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

At the same time, Skupin voted RC. I feel like there is something we may not know at play. I am thinking both Malcolm and Skupin are flipping to Jeff Kent's alliance.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #88
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
At the same time, Skupin voted RC. I feel like there is something we may not know at play. I am thinking both Malcolm and Skupin are flipping to Jeff Kent's alliance.
I watched the ponderosa videos of RC and I'm wondering how she'll react to the news of Skupin voting for her? I definitely looking forward to Abi arriving at ponderosa because there is no love lost at all between Abi and RC.

I never had anything against Jeff; never actually gave him much thought at all, but he's definitely turning out to be a force in the game. Wonder how people react when they find out who he is in real life.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #89
Quasar
Side-Kick

I can practically guarantee this brainless move on Jeff Kent's part to get rid of Penner comes back to burn him big. I wonder if he'll be able to get any mileage out of his "you owe me one" comment in the challenge. He obviously couldn't hold on much longer, but that dumb kid will still concede that he owes him. Not that it matters because he's about the only one left in an alliance with Jeff. I imagine he'll win an immunity necklace at some point, and Jeff will demand he give it to him because he "owes" him.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #90
Harry_Lime02
That perfect girl is gone

Skupin didn't vote for RC, he voted for Penner. It was 5 votes Penner, 4 votes RC, 2 votes Pete. I think someone probably told Skupin they were doing a split vote on Penner and RC, so he voted Penner just in case he didn't play his idol. Voting for Pete wouldn't have actually made a difference.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #91
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Jeff really is an idiot for not going with the six strong alliance. He pretty much got offered every minority tribes dream offer and instead of jumping for joy he threw it away because he didn't want to lose to one particular player!?!

It's incredible that Jeff doesn't seem to realise that Penner is just one person and that one person is never a majority! He was setting himself up to be sixth or seventh out by making this move which is just stupid.

I hope that Penner wins the next immunity challenge, it would make things really interesting.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #92
PemLam

Last nights episode was fantastic, all the way up to the end when the votes were read. At that point I thought I was going to have a stroke; it boggles my mind how they could have screwed that up so badly and wasted a perfect opportunity to tear apart the "sinister 3's" alliance. What the **** was Penner thinking voting Abi? He knew the others were voting Pete? Even Jeff said it was an completely blown opportunity.

I can only hope that the previews are actually telling the whole truth for once and Lisa does actually split from the original alliance. Abi makes you wonder if she's ever seen a final tribal council before; she has to realize that being that much of a ***** kills your shot at the million. (It was nice seeing Pete get after her when she tried to get *****y with him on the beach though).

Up the to the end it was great though; Penner ruining everyone's chances by winning immunity, Lisa finally showing some spine and making blindside plans, the scrambling in the camp up to the last minute before leaving. That tribal council discussion was awesome; Lisa will spill anything at tribal and the move Malcolm made by flaunting the idol was perfect...and then not playing it at the end was brilliant.

The only thing that could have made this episode better would have been either Pete or Abi going home.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #93
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PemLam View Post
Last nights episode was fantastic, all the way up to the end when the votes were read. At that point I thought I was going to have a stroke; it boggles my mind how they could have screwed that up so badly and wasted a perfect opportunity to tear apart the "sinister 3's" alliance. What the **** was Penner thinking voting Abi? He knew the others were voting Pete? Even Jeff said it was an completely blown opportunity.

I can only hope that the previews are actually telling the whole truth for once and Lisa does actually split from the original alliance. Abi makes you wonder if she's ever seen a final tribal council before; she has to realize that being that much of a ***** kills your shot at the million. (It was nice seeing Pete get after her when she tried to get *****y with him on the beach though).

Up the to the end it was great though; Penner ruining everyone's chances by winning immunity, Lisa finally showing some spine and making blindside plans, the scrambling in the camp up to the last minute before leaving. That tribal council discussion was awesome; Lisa will spill anything at tribal and the move Malcolm made by flaunting the idol was perfect...and then not playing it at the end was brilliant.

The only thing that could have made this episode better would have been either Pete or Abi going home.
Ya, I am really confused by Penner's vote. They must not have shown something as there had to be a reason why he did it as he really does not seem like a dumb guy. In fact, perhaps it is due to the editing but out of all the players he is the guy I am hoping wins, or Denise

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #94
roguebot

It was a great move by Penner to vote for Abi. Now that Malcolm's been outed, he and Pete will (probably) be gunning for each other and Abi will become even more unstable now that she thinks she's someone's target, which makes it more unlikely that she'd ever give the idol to Pete.

In other words, ****'s about to go down and Penner will fade into the background. I think he just bought himself another couple of weeks.

Last edited by roguebot; 11-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.
roguebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #95
Quasar
Side-Kick

Well at least Jeff can stop obsessing about getting Penner out of the game. He was definitely the driving force behind ousting Penner, and all serious plans to form a cohesive alliance to fight the evil 3 took a back seat to it, so I'm glad he's gone. Plus it's karma for his bone headed play last week. I don't know if Penner's vote for Abi was an intentional move to help get rid of Jeff, but I think it definitely worked out in his favor. So much for last week's previews where Penner was going to "burn everything to the ground". All he did was politely question the thought behind the vote, and then go all out in the challenge, needing every bit of that extra effort to pull it out.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #96
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
Well at least Jeff can stop obsessing about getting Penner out of the game. He was definitely the driving force behind ousting Penner, and all serious plans to form a cohesive alliance to fight the evil 3 took a back seat to it, so I'm glad he's gone. Plus it's karma for his bone headed play last week. I don't know if Penner's vote for Abi was an intentional move to help get rid of Jeff, but I think it definitely worked out in his favor. So much for last week's previews where Penner was going to "burn everything to the ground". All he did was politely question the thought behind the vote, and then go all out in the challenge, needing every bit of that extra effort to pull it out.
If that's what Penner's reasoning was, then it was a great move on his part. Speaking of boneheaded decisions, Abi admitting to having the idol was pretty stupid. Unlike Malcolm, she wasn't doing it to warn people off of voting for her, I think she was doing it more out of an "oh I have one too" thing.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #97
Quasar
Side-Kick

Yeah, she definitely has a few screws loose.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #98
Quasar
Side-Kick

I was happy that all 3 members of Team Evil were on the losing team for the reward challenge.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #99
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PemLam View Post
If that's what Penner's reasoning was, then it was a great move on his part. Speaking of boneheaded decisions, Abi admitting to having the idol was pretty stupid. Unlike Malcolm, she wasn't doing it to warn people off of voting for her, I think she was doing it more out of an "oh I have one too" thing.
LOL ya me and the woman were having a WTF moment when she pulls hers out..

All I could think is

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #100
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think that Penner saw an opportunity to get back at Jeff for betraying him at the last tribal council. Im sure that Penner had figured out that Jeff was behind it so it makes sense to exploit the moment and get rid of the one who wants you gone the most.

The evil alliance would still really only be four strong and considering how stupid Abie acted Penner must of thought it would be easy to target her or Pete next time.

Over all I have to say that that was one of the best episodes of Survivor that I've ever seen, there was so much confusion and changes despite a lot of people actually doing everything right from their point of view. I was jumping for joy when Penner won the immunity, I hope he wins the next one also just so that people can't fall into complacency and get rid of him and then start to worry about who goes next.